Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 4:43:33 PM EDT
I know its probably a pretty bad high school but did you see the cop take down the ROTC kid, what a dick cop. I am very Pro LE but geez these guys should take it easy especially on the ROTC kid that was way out of line.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what you are talking about, so just imagine a bunny with a pancake on its head.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't watch TV so I don't know about the specific "takedown" you are referring to, but the school had video tape surveillance footage of drug deals going down in the halls.  I think that they made a reasonable call to bring in the law.  

If my kids were in school (they are homeschooled) I'd have no problem with a drug sweep to keep that crap and the punks that sell it away from my kids.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this is the Goose Creek, S.C. raid we already did about 10 pages on.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't know what you are talking about, so just imagine a bunny with a pancake on its head.

what no pic??
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:02:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't watch TV so I don't know about the specific "takedown" you are referring to, but the school had video tape surveillance footage of drug deals going down in the halls.  I think that they made a reasonable call to bring in the law.  

If my kids were in school (they are homeschooled) I'd have no problem with a drug sweep to keep that crap and the punks that sell it away from my kids.

A drug raid in a place where there are indications of that activity is one thing.

However, the tactics sucked royally and if my kid had been in that hall (which she wasn't because she is home schooled also), I'd be giving some lessons in safe firearms handling to the GCPD.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:27:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think you'd have a different response if your kids came home and said "Daddy, the police stormed into the school, they pointed a gun at me and threw me on the floor because they say I didn't move fast enough when they screamed at me to get down on the ground."

If you as a parent didn't have *at least* a momentary flash of "I'm going to kick someone's ass for this!" I'd want you checked for a pulse.

I agree that drugs in school are a bad thing.  I think that fully armed cops storming the halls, muzzle sweeping kids with their fingers on the triggers looking for those drugs is a far, far worse thing.

As a parent I would be in the administrators office the next morning looking to nail some hides to the wall for this crap.  From there it would be to city hall to make damn sure that EVERYONE knew that I as a parent and taxpayer am NOT going to let this just "slide by".
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think that they made a reasonable call to bring in the law.  

Your Momma must be so proud of her little Goose-stepper!
How nice of you to condone that GESTAPO behavior for everyone elses kids EXCEPT yours!
This one's for you XANADU;
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How nice of you to condone that GESTAPO behavior for everyone elses kids EXCEPT yours!
www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/posters/sa.jpg

How very thoughtful of you to respect my opinion without personally attacking me.

Since you opened the door, I'll try to enlarge your horizons.  Here's the big picture..

You've been sucked it, so have your parents, as well as 90% of the USA.  You have fallen prey to the belief that you must acquire as much stuff as the Jonses next door, and your car, boat or penis must be larger than theirs.

In order to accomplish this feat, you have to have whopping income, that means both mom and dad working, and check the baby into day care at 6 weeks and check him back out when he graduates the 12th grade.

Where are the parents? working. Where are the kids? Learning about everything that their parents should be guarding them against. Why do teen age kids get into so much shit these days, lack of parents.  You've got a country with a 50% divorce rate (much of it due to splitting up over money) and kids going wild.

Sure, It's not YOUR kid, but everyone elses.  Want to know why there is so much dope in the schools...  just go back to the top of this reply and read it again.   Corporate America is winning, and children are losing and parents are too busy chasing the golden goose to figure out the truth.

If I was a responsible parent, I wouldn't have to go storming into that school office looking for justice, I'd never put my child in that situation to begin with.  As my wife and I say, "we don't put our children unser the authority of another adult" until we feel they are old enough to know when someone is filling them full of (liberal) bullshit.

Too bad if you don't like my reply.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Same here. While I agree with your beliefs concerning raising children this Gestapo bullshit has no place ANYWHERE in America. There is still such a thing as due process, illegal search and seizure, etc. If they want to bust the dopers then bust 'em. It's called police work. Not this neo-fascist crap.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/posters/sa.jpg

How very thoughtful of you to respect my opinion without personally attacking me.

Since you opened the door, I'll try to enlarge your horizons.  Here's the big picture..

You've been sucked it, so have your parents, as well as 90% of the USA.  You have fallen prey to the belief that you must acquire as much stuff as the Jonses next door, and your car, boat or penis must be larger than theirs.

In order to accomplish this feat, you have to have whopping income, that means both mom and dad working, and check the baby into day care at 6 weeks and check him back out when he graduates the 12th grade.

Where are the parents? working. Where are the kids? Learning about everything that their parents should be guarding them against. Why do teen age kids get into so much shit these days, lack of parents.  You've got a country with a 50% divorce rate (much of it due to splitting up over money) and kids going wild.

Sure, It's not YOUR kid, but everyone elses.  Want to know why there is so much dope in the schools...  just go back to the top of this reply and read it again.   Corporate America is winning, and children are losing and parents are too busy chasing the golden goose to figure out the truth.

If I was a responsible parent, I wouldn't have to go storming into that school office looking for justice, I'd never put my child in that situation to begin with.  As my wife and I say, "we don't put our children unser the authority of another adult" until we feel they are old enough to know when someone is filling them full of (liberal) bullshit.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

If you condone this crap, your opinion is not worth respecting.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Gee Larry, read carefully - this is my stance

Quoted:
I don't watch TV so I don't know about the specific "takedown" you are referring to,

I didn't see any video so I have no knowledge of LEO sweeping kids with drawn firearms,  see, I said so earlier.

but the school had video tape surveillance footage of drug deals going down in the halls.

I read this on AP News, apparently it is true.

I still do

I still would have no problem with a drug sweep to keep shit and the dealers away from my kids.

Hope that this clears it up for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top