Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 3:18:49 PM EDT
The Closing of Winterland, recently released, is a MUST HAVE!  More extras than should be allowed, all remastered to 5.1 glory, all three sets, mind-blowing Terrapin and a DARK STAR!  What more do you want?  Available where fine DVD's are sold, so don't expect it at Blockbuster.  Have I mentioned that Jake and Elroy are included on disc 2???  Okay, I gotta get back upstairs to the home theatre, I hear a Wharf Rat comin' on!

Non Deadheads: you don't understand, so snide little comments go unobserved!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#1]
HAHAHAHA I love it! mention anything about the dead on a Gun related server and get 0 replys and only 16 views? wonder why?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear ya Camp dude.  Rip me a copy.  I'll be looking for it.  

Ratdog is playing this Saturday at House of Blues in New Orleans.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
That is something I will check out.  I  picked up "Downhill From Here" live from Alpine Valley WI in 1989 the last time they were allowed to play there as a whole.  Those were some good times

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:51:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Trouble behind/ trouble ahead
Only good deadhead is one that's dead.
~Teen Idles

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:25:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Drivin' that train, high on...

Gotta go to work.

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
What'd the Deadhead say when he ran out of weed?

"Dude, this music sucks!"

Jokes, just jokes.  I shall keep an eye out for it.  Went to The Dead St. Louis show this summer--first time I'd seen the boys since '91.  Sure did bring back memories.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:01:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Closing of Winterland, recently released, is a MUST HAVE!  More extras than should be allowed, all remastered to 5.1 glory, all three sets, mind-blowing Terrapin and a DARK STAR!  What more do you want?  Available where fine DVD's are sold, so don't expect it at Blockbuster.  Have I mentioned that Jake and Elroy are included on disc 2???  Okay, I gotta get back upstairs to the home theatre, I hear a Wharf Rat comin' on!

Non Deadheads: you don't undersatnd, so snide little comments go unobserved!

It just came in the mail a few days ago, and I haven't had time to see much of it yet. Of course, I have had a bootleg cassette of the FM broadcast since a few days after the show. It definitely is a good show.

Phil & Friends at the Orpheum in Boston on Monday!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:15:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:43:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the sig line!  Is that Hunter THompson or something?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm looking for it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Would this make a good stocking stuffer if the wife has a few dead CD's ?

Any got a link to purchase ?

John the non deadhead
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Cassidy,
The sig line is from "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil", by John Berendt, a hysterically funny book and movie about Savannah, GA.
Based on real folks, but the essence of that line seems to capture Marshall, TX just as perfectly.
I love HST as well, though, met him in the Jerome Bar in Aspen a few times.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I went to 3 dead shows when I was a kid.  

I'm not a kid anymore,  the music sucks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the heads up The_Camp_Ninja.

ARH
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Would this make a good stocking stuffer if the wife has a few dead CD's ?

Any got a link to purchase ?

John the non deadhead

Yep, this'd make a GREAT stocking stuffer.  Any online DVD retailer should have it, try Suncoast, Amazon, etc.  If all else fails, go to deadnet.com and buy from them, but they are more expensive than anyone else, I just got mine at Suncoast for $19.99.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:56:23 AM EDT
[#16]
The_Camp_Ninja

Thanks for the info and the link

From Suncoast

Grateful Dead: Closing of Winterland
(Digital Theater System, Dolby)
Starring: The Grateful Dead  
DVD $29.95

Do you get a $10.00 discount some how ?

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:10:03 AM EDT
[#17]
anyone else in here gettin kinda hungry?

mike
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The_Camp_Ninja

Thanks for the info and the link

From Suncoast

Grateful Dead: Closing of Winterland
(Digital Theater System, Dolby)
Starring: The Grateful Dead  
DVD $29.95

Do you get a $10.00 discount some how ?

I went to the actual store out here.  The sign on the rack said it was on sale for $24.99, when they rang it, it rang up at $19.99.  I didn't complain!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#19]
hey Wait a pichulie oil minute.

Isnt it against some kind of dead head code ot ethics not NOT pay for music. Shouldnt I be able to swap some shiny beads for this stuff.

Thanks for the info. I order it , sent it to work. should be a little surprise for the misses.

What till she hears where I got the idea from .

AR15com

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Ahh mom will be happy. Been after me for some additional ideas for christmas. I'm hard to buy for because i buy everything I want and that which I don't have is a little out of the christmas budget. That being said I treated myself to a Storm and a P3AT last night. Extra shrooms on the christmas pizza this year. Damn I miss going to shows.
R2K the militant hippie!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#21]
i checked arould trying to find it today but didnt see it anywhere
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top