Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 11:48:37 AM EDT
Also my first C&R purchase.....

It has a serial number in the 3,700,000 range..

SA reciver and a 1944 SA barrel, and all the other parts, trigger group, op rod, bolt, are all SA.....

Metal finish is good, with some honest wear...

Wood is not original, BUT is USGI wood..

All said and done a good genuine M1 Garand, cant wait to shoot it....

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The first of many!

That is good looking for GI wood.  Boyds must be selling a huge number of stocks.

The only REALLY good original wood I've seen on an M1 came from Danish Italian parts kits.  One of my CMP M1s look pretty good, except where sights chewed into the stock in those 100 rifle crates.

The M1s we carried in boot camp were pretty beat up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW, I'm jelous, did ya' get that second one in the last pic for me?  Looks like a nice rifle pard.  If it shoots as good as it looks you've got a real winner.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]

How much $ did they set you back each..
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
How much dis this purchase set ya back??
looks like M1 is in good condition.
a good book on the rifle and how to is from Scott Duff =The M1 Garand: Owner's Guide (1994) - Disassembly, assembly, inspection, repair, cleaning, zeroing, and more.

I found his book a good background and helped me learn more about rifle.
They are much fun to shoot a graet rifle!!

you can check out this site if not familiar with him  www.scott-duff.com
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I love M-1 rifles. I've got a Springfield in the 3.2 million range myself. Whenever I take that bad boy to the range people all come over to take a look. She's real purty too, just like yours. Good luck with it!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Over on Jouster I read about these guys getting pristine original cartouched walnut stocks all the time.  I got two CMP Garands and while the metal and barrles are to be envied one stock looked as if it were dragged behind a truck.  I replaced one with a set from DGR and it is just gorgeous.  Will be doing the same after Christmas on the other.  I shouldn't complain because the SA SG rifle was fresh from rebuild(1965) with a brand new Overton birch stock with one or two small dings sold on eBay for $75 minus the HG's for which I got $35.  The HRA SG has a horrible birch stock and the original beat up walnut HG's.  This is the ones getting replaced after Christmas.  But the parts that count on both rifles(barrels, SA and LMR) guage new and all park is just gorgeous.

Nice looking rifles though even when roughed up a bit.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
time to follow that up with a 1903a3 before they're all gone.
i got a nice(except stock)1942 dane with var barrel from the cmp. it shoots great and i love it. that whole cmp deal is great.
i also have a c&r,your first purchase is the same as knocking over that first domino. good luck on keeping your self control.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top