Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 231
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My son wants to know where to buy it :)   Have the nods, just need the rest. LOL
View Quote

Haha, for the right price you can have this one.

My dad has made custom costumes for years and years. He did this one as a custom "military" theme and included the mount etc. I just finally got nods to be able to put them on the mount lol.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Listed my thermal drone in the EE if anyone here is interested. NV section
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well. After considering this for months now, I now see the light. My cousin brought his WP PVS14 around tonight and we did some shooting. Fuck me running. I don't know how I ever thought it was acceptable to not have NV.

Unless something pops up on the EE in the next few days,  I'll be jumping in the wait line with TNVC this week. Uppers and optics will be going up for sale. I completely understand the "you only need one rifle" mentality now.
View Quote
ONE OF USSSS
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I pulled me a HootieWho last night! Long range yote action, baby. Normally don't shoot em, in fact this is my first coyote, but landowner was with me and wanted us to get him due to depredation of calves, turkey, quail etc.

Anyway, saw him lying down in a field at maybe 200 yards but couldn't tell what it was. Dark as hell last night and a stiff wind in our favor. Got to about 125 and he stood up and stretched, and my friend gave a little yip. Yote immediately started trotting towards us, and I took the shot at about 600 inches lol. I thought he was going to run right into us.

Attachment Attached File

We shot one boar too, I'm guessing 150-175 lbs. That was pretty awesome too. He was on a neighboring property, and my buddy called it in too. I've never seen that

I'd guess 225-250 yards off, and buddy gave a few grunts. I was kinda laughing inside, that'll never work hurr hurr hurr. Then he busted out the most legit squealing I've heard, I actually had to look over to make sure he wasn't playing sounds on his phone or something. Well, jeez... As soon as the hog heard that he 180ed and came right back into our field. Pew pew pew. I've gotta practice my Deliverance squealing I guess. I was absolutely dumbfounded lol.

Attachment Attached File

Quoted:
Just got this puppy.  Working on cutting it down to 13 inches, attaching a flip to side mount, and a suppressor.  And then killing a bunch of hogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYIo5JsagbA

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, I pulled me a HootieWho last night! Long range yote action, baby. Normally don't shoot em, in fact this is my first coyote, but landowner was with me and wanted us to get him due to depredation of calves, turkey, quail etc.

Anyway, saw him lying down in a field at maybe 200 yards but couldn't tell what it was. Dark as hell last night and a stiff wind in our favor. Got to about 125 and he stood up and stretched, and my friend gave a little yip. Yote immediately started trotting towards us, and I took the shot at about 600 inches lol. I thought he was going to run right into us.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384595/IMG_20210208_213328_jpg-1817389.JPG

We shot one boar too, I'm guessing 150-175 lbs. That was pretty awesome too. He was on a neighboring property, and my buddy called it in too. I've never seen that

I'd guess 225-250 yards off, and buddy gave a few grunts. I was kinda laughing inside, that'll never work hurr hurr hurr. Then he busted out the most legit squealing I've heard, I actually had to look over to make sure he wasn't playing sounds on his phone or something. Well, jeez... As soon as the hog heard that he 180ed and came right back into our field. Pew pew pew. I've gotta practice my Deliverance squealing I guess. I was absolutely dumbfounded lol.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384595/IMG_20210208_203454_jpg-1817396.JPG

View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
My wingman and I got into an argument about a deer vs boar last night. He was on thermal and I was under NVG, but I was sure it was a boar and he kept insisting it was a deer. By the time we went hot (because he was a gotdamn boar) I got a slim margin 150 yard IR laser shot on the move, and he got away

Bagged this guy while we were there, because he thought we were going to argue about him too

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My wingman and I got into an argument about a deer vs boar last night. He was on thermal and I was under NVG, but I was sure it was a boar and he kept insisting it was a deer. By the time we went hot (because he was a gotdamn boar) I got a slim margin 150 yard IR laser shot on the move, and he got away

Bagged this guy while we were there, because he thought we were going to argue about him too
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20210208_203258-1818013.jpg

View Quote
If you could see it at all last night with nvgs, it was a hog haha. Man it was daaaark here. I couldn't even see the coyote at 150 yards cept with the thermal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you could see it at all last night with nvgs, it was a hog haha. Man it was daaaark here. I couldn't even see the coyote at 150 yards cept with the thermal.
View Quote
It was dark out in Junction for sure, I almost missed 4 fallow about 75 yards right in front of me but because of the movement of one of them jumping I saw it and then barely saw the others hauling ass

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nice!!!

Crappy conditions here last night also.
View Quote
I was going to run your Echo tube next to a TF-WP 14 and see how the Echo did, but he forgot to bring my Wilcox bridge
I'll try and grab it from him next time out but so far the Echo has been looking pretty good
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/73202/20210208_203258-1818013.jpg

View Quote
First thing my eyes went to is the ground to look for flint chips/arrowheads lol
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Went out tonight and braved the death freeze in NTX. It's about 20 degrees with a decent breeze, and apparently the hogs were smarter than us and stayed in. Saw one decent boar, both of us missed a pretty routine shot and ended up skunked on the night

Tail tucked, I'm heading back to the warm house and the fire now. If any of yall fellas are out there tonight, keep your mittens handy
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Went out tonight and braved the death freeze in NTX. It's about 20 degrees with a decent breeze, and apparently the hogs were smarter than us and stayed in. Saw one decent boar, both of us missed a pretty routine shot and ended up skunked on the night

Tail tucked, I'm heading back to the warm house and the fire now. If any of yall fellas are out there tonight, keep your mittens handy
View Quote
Jesus man you have balls of steel

I've been avoiding opening the window on my hobominium to scan with the thermal just because of that cold ass breeze haha
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I've been avoiding opening the window on my hobominium to scan with the thermal just because of that cold ass breeze haha
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was more dumbass machismo than anything else haha:

Hey, you ready to go out tonight?

Of course, what time?

Uh oh, now I'm a pussy if I don't go.

And "hobominium" I've been on my kid all day, "Close the door! I'm not heating the outdoors!"

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm guessing the hog was frozen solid and your bullet bounced right off
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL it was like Jim always says, the minute you stop paying attention in when they pop up. This old boy ran across the road in front us us, we jumped out and both shot at maybe 100ish and both missed like idiots.

I'm not much into the whe "one that got away" thing, but he was big. Dang it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Went out to a night shoot in 20 degree weather for fun last weekend. Think I spent more time by the dumpster fire
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Went out to a night shoot in 20 degree weather for fun last weekend. Think I spent more time by the dumpster fire
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For "fun" yep, haha. I actually did have a good time, heater was blowing at maximum capacity all night in the truck though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#23]
New toy. Shitty compressed cell phone vid for now. I'll get raw data off the unit as soon as I get a cable.

6524F050 F424 4F71 B428 31B834CE8713
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
New toy. Shitty compressed cell phone vid for now. I'll get raw data off the unit as soon as I get a cable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fILEgnk6k4
View Quote
That's hawt.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

What is it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What is it?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:37:18 PM EDT
[#27]

not bad, I've been looking at those, a bit on the high side for the #s, but is it lightweight ?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

not bad, I've been looking at those, a bit on the high side for the #s, but is it lightweight ?
View Quote

Yeah, it's a little high on price for the raw specs but the small form factor, weight 14oz, and the ability to use it like a reflex might make it worth it. Mine is the 1x6. Hoping to get it out with it this weekend.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's a little high on price for the raw specs but the small form factor, weight 14oz, and the ability to use it like a reflex might make it worth it. Mine is the 1x6. Hoping to get it out with it this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KViHqXDsH8E
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That red scale setting is demonic. Does look pretty cool, esp that weight. Long nights carrying it and mostly shooting within 100 yards? Probably not bad.

I'm talking hunting hogs of course.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Stopping in to say hi. Havent done much nvg stuff.

Went to cola warrior in Idaho and did a little, helped some first timers work through zeroing and stuff. Checked out a loaned Raid X (meh) and shot with a convd.

Ill be getting one of those.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Got my PVS14 yesterday.  Went out in the back yard and tested around.  Surprised that only having the 1 eye didn't seem to be a major hinderance as I thought.  I still can see the allure of duals for sure.  
Some initial observations:
1.) The slight magnification/narrow fov does make things a little odd especially for up close.  Looking at mid/far distances doesn't look bad at all.
2.) Princeton Tech MPLS is the shits for indoors.  Pointed straight ahead or at the ceiling makes indoors look amazing.  
3.) T2 with ADM 2.3 mount is still wait too low. lol.  I mean I'll need to go to some night shoots now or take some classes to get used to shooting passively under nods.  Its definitely different.
4.) EXPS3 > T2 passive shooting even when EXPS 3 isn't on a high rise mount.  With a high rise mount, that thing would kick ass but your battery life sucks ass.  
5.) After a couple hours, things were definitely getting a little "heavy" up there.  
6.) Switching settings on the DBAL A3 with gloves was challenging.  Trying to get the switch moved or did I move 2 slots instead of 1 was difficult.  Probably easier without gloves but its freezing here.
7.) Finding RMR on P320 is stupid easy vs everything else.  lol
8.) It really lets me know my prescription in my right eye needs a bit of work to equal my left eye.  Left eye = razor sharp.  Right eye = somewhat in focus.  Time for new glasses and hopefully I can get that right eye corrected better.
9.) Need to test out the DBAL A3 again.  Does look like its going to be a bit anemic.
10.) Yeah I guess I need dual tubes lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Any thermal professional opinions on the AGM TS50-640?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stopping in to say hi. Havent done much nvg stuff.

Went to cola warrior in Idaho and did a little, helped some first timers work through zeroing and stuff. Checked out a loaned Raid X (meh) and shot with a convd.

Ill be getting one of those.
View Quote

What's a convd?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Got my PVS14 yesterday.  Went out in the back yard and tested around.  Surprised that only having the 1 eye didn't seem to be a major hinderance as I thought.  I still can see the allure of duals for sure.  
Some initial observations:
1.) The slight magnification/narrow fov does make things a little odd especially for up close.  Looking at mid/far distances doesn't look bad at all.
2.) Princeton Tech MPLS is the shits for indoors.  Pointed straight ahead or at the ceiling makes indoors look amazing.  
3.) T2 with ADM 2.3 mount is still wait too low. lol.  I mean I'll need to go to some night shoots now or take some classes to get used to shooting passively under nods.  Its definitely different.
4.) EXPS3 > T2 passive shooting even when EXPS 3 isn't on a high rise mount.  With a high rise mount, that thing would kick ass but your battery life sucks ass.  
5.) After a couple hours, things were definitely getting a little "heavy" up there.  
6.) Switching settings on the DBAL A3 with gloves was challenging.  Trying to get the switch moved or did I move 2 slots instead of 1 was difficult.  Probably easier without gloves but its freezing here.
7.) Finding RMR on P320 is stupid easy vs everything else.  lol
8.) It really lets me know my prescription in my right eye needs a bit of work to equal my left eye.  Left eye = razor sharp.  Right eye = somewhat in focus.  Time for new glasses and hopefully I can get that right eye corrected better.
9.) Need to test out the DBAL A3 again.  Does look like its going to be a bit anemic.
10.) Yeah I guess I need dual tubes lol
View Quote
Cool

Yeah its heavy at first but you'll get used to it quickly. Good pads help comfort level significantly, if you haven't already swapped out to aftermarket ones.

And yep I like shooting the pistol in the dark. An IR light on your pistol will help a lot, even though you probably didn't need much addl light last night with such good moonlight.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Any thermal professional opinions on the AGM TS50-640?
View Quote

Don’t do it
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That red scale setting is demonic. Does look pretty cool, esp that weight. Long nights carrying it and mostly shooting within 100 yards? Probably not bad.

I'm talking hunting hogs of course.
View Quote

Should be zero issues @ 100yrds. Here's a few more recordings from it.

Attachment Attached File

Looking at the display
6524F050 F424 4F71 B428 31B834CE8713

Cow and cars passing. 30hz display doesn’t seem too bad.

My rusty pace-count says this is about 85yrds from the doors.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've seen some of that wife patience before...

Several months ago I HAD TO test my NV/COTI system out. What better way than when the wife is asleep in bed. I must have been testing things for 20 minutes when I'm standing over her and she awakes. Immediately starts laughing and says "WTH have you done to me that I open my eyes, see a man in a helmet standing over me and my only thought is to laugh?"

PS Congrats on the new gear.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Should be zero issues @ 100yrds. Here's a few more recordings from it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/9E78F761-6167-40E2-AD06-D382FDBB430C_jpe-1835344.JPG

Looking at the display

Cow and cars passing. 30hz display doesn't seem too bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAzJLmI5wMw

My rusty pace-count says this is about 85yrds from the doors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8JxBQSm6qQ
View Quote
Videos look good! And usually the picture is better in person that 2nd hand recorded anyway. Looks pretty cool!
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Several months ago I HAD TO test my NV/COTI system out. What better way than when the wife is asleep in bed. I must have been testing things for 20 minutes when I'm standing over her and she awakes. Immediately starts laughing and says "WTH have you done to me that I open my eyes, see a man in a helmet standing over me and my only thought is to laugh?"

View Quote

Hope you're feeling better this week!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Went out tonight, didn't see anything but deer. Wind was unfavorable and it was incredibly bright. I was downwind and some deer spotted me at a good 150-200 yards Fun anyway, felt like daytime under the nvg.

The weirdest past is 10 days ago I was bundled up for an artic expedition, hunting in the high teens. Tonight I was in a t-shirt and could have worn shorts. 68 degrees when I started the night. Bizarre.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:32:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What's a convd?
View Quote

Im sure its been answered but clip on night vision device.

Goes on rail in front of daytime optic. Lets you shoot at night with day optic. Made hits to 500yd first round.

Eta picture

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Goes on rail in front of daytime optic. Lets you shoot at night with day optic. Made hits to 500yd first round.

Eta picture

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246951/IMG_20210213_090801_jpg-1840025.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's a convd?

Eta picture

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/246951/IMG_20210213_090801_jpg-1840025.JPG
Ahhhhhhh OK yeah, thanks. Didn't recognize the acronym. Very cool, 500 yards would be such a blast.

I'm still over here waffling over which laser, so clip-on seems like a long ways off. But man it'd be cool.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am sir thank you. Thank God for Prednisone.

I really hated screwing up the NV shoot. Will try to plan one in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:58:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I really hated screwing up the NV shoot. Will try to plan one in a couple of weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good! I'm happy to hear it, that stuff just drags and wears you out.

And I missed seeing you all, but I've been trying to make up for the shooting part anyway. Went out again tonight, and didn't get skunked 2 nights running.

Saw this old boy at about 350-400 yards, closed to 125ish I'm guessing before he spotted us. Super bright and clear out tonight, honestly I didn't think we'd even be able to get that close. I dropped him with one shot on the run when he busted us, felt good to sink one. I'll check thermal tomorrow and post video if I got it.

I'm guessing 150-175 lbs on him, somewhere in there. Not huge but nice cutters. I believe the gut shot was my buddy, who just wanted to get at least one shot in on the night and stuck him when he was already down

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#47]
TGE - getting it done!

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#49]
I didn't get video, but my buddy did. Pretty neat one, you can see some spray and steam from my shot, then he anchors it a second later

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 231
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top