Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2003 9:51:00 PM EDT
[rant]Whenever I hear horseshit like this, it drives me nuts. I believe Schumer was the one who said (talking about guns being transported from Va. to NY) that I-95 is, because of the gun traffic, called the "Iron Pipeline." Wouldn't it be nice if "journalists" would confront these bozos with piercing questions like "Who calls it the 'Iron Pipeline?' Do people say 'Oh, I know where that store is. Go down 3 blocks, merge onto the Iron Pipeline headed South, get off the Iron Pipeline at exit 125, it's 2 blocks down on the left,' or is this just some bullshit you dreamed up, Senator?" Another one I heard is the "Death Belt," ostensibly referring to the Southern states where the death penalty is imposed with relative frequency. Some asswipe with the SPLC or SCLC or something said "in the area known as 'the Death Belt.'" Why wouldn't a real journalist pop his ass: "Known to whom? Did you hear somebody say 'Honey, let's look at waterfront property in the Death Belt. It's cheaper there than in the Northeast, you know,'or are you proselytizing by subterfuge?"

I am thoroughly disgusted with the decision of the so-called independent 4th Estate to play along with the insipid conceits of congenial idealogues. As someone on this board says in his sig "Fuck 'em. We're the ones with guns." Sometimes I think they want us to show them just what that means.[/rant]
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you from the Bible Belt?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top