Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/16/2003 7:04:29 PM EDT
Whats it like. How long you been playing? Is it worth the price? Complaints? Tell me about it.

World War II Online
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:06:07 PM EDT
I just saw the free trial. Gonna check it out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:28:29 PM EDT
Played it for about three months. Its ok but its not a very exciting game. Its a lot of stand by time waiting for the enemy to attack. Its a big open battle field that if you to walk in a straight line it would take you about 2 weeks to do so (if you didn't get killed.) Tanks require multipul players to operate. Its an ok game. I would suggest trying the free tiral first though as I got very bored with it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:33:09 PM EDT
i didn't like it all, BF1942 is 10 times better
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:43:31 PM EDT
I was there when it opened on 6 June 01. I'd been looking forward to it for over a year. Opening night it was THE worst turd-in-box excuse for a game I've EVER seen. Opening night there was a 75+ MEG "patch" that had to be downloaded just to play even single player. As I recall the servers were so screwed very few could play online for a couple weeks or more. 75megs isn't a patch, 75 megs is a fix for a defective product. Also, there wasn't half of what they said there would be in the game. No Navy on release, which was latter fixed by giving both sides the SAME pt boat MUCH later after release, and much else was missing. No artillery, for instance, which was my real intrest to begin with. Given that Cornered Rat software must surely have known it was a defective product and released it anyway, I never paid to subscribe and haven't given them a second chance. There's other better WWII games out there.

Having said that however, I still belive the IDEA of WWIIOL has a lot of merit and I hope someone better equipped to undertake such a task does so someday, but those guys ain't up to the task. I don't mind having to download a patch to fix a bug, but I won't financially support those whoe say "It's screwed. Ship it anyway! It's only a game. We'll sorta try to fix it later maybe kinda."

Hopefully your experience is more positive than mine. Still bitter about that one, if you couldn't tell.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:58:39 PM EDT
My experience mirrors Cpt_Redlegs. You would do better playing BF42/DC, AA, DoD, or maybe CoD though I havent played that one on-line.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:25:02 PM EDT
i agree with Redleg, the idea is a great one, and i would still like to see someone (maybe EA with something like BF?) do the one massive battle game
Top Top