Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/15/2003 3:59:44 PM EDT
I want a good flashlight i can carry aound everywhere. Not just on my rifle. should i go with surefire or another light?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:06:42 PM EDT
I carry a G2 nitrolon surfire. It has a polymer frame which makes it lightweight for carry anywhere. The good thing is that it only costs about $30The only thing I would say if you get this light is get the shock isolated bezel for it. I have dropped mine and had to replace the lamp assembly. Just my .02
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:11:14 PM EDT

I have one of these, and it is smaller than the G2, but has the same brightness.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:39:03 PM EDT
Just remember that if you are going to do double duty carry and rifle, you probably want to get a light with a shock isolated lamp. For only carry might I suggest the Aviator A2. Three LEDs for long use medium lighting and the regular indandecent lamp for high intensity tactical lighting. www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/900/sesent/00 The best of both worlds. Surefire is cutting off their distributors so they (distributors and retailers) are getting rid of them at good prices now. The Aviator is a tad expensive though. I have seen them for about $140. Wait too long to buy and you will only be able to get the lights from Surefire.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 8:58:19 PM EDT
I will be using it to carry just as apart of my daily gear. You never know when you might need some light. I will most definatly use it with my weapons too....
Top Top