Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2001 11:38:40 AM EDT
IMHO, if a total gun ban went into effect and only LEO and Soldiers had guns, wouldn?t that make them the target of every criminal out there, because of those guns? In a post ban society how much do you think a handgun would go for on the black market? $3000- $4000 - $5000, every street thug and his brother would be out hunting down LEO and attacking police stations. It would be open season on the very people that are in charge of protecting our society. How long do you think it would take for all LEO to be recalled form street duty to bunker like stations, leaving the streets to gangs of roving outlaws?  
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#1]
If all guns were banned, the U.S. would become a much safer and civilized society just like in England.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be neat. Warlords and survivalist camps. Rather Medieval.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#3]
It is kind of like the cop who sits eating lunch in a state with no concealed carry.  If an armed robber storms in who is his attention going to be focused on?

I believe citizens will always have some guns, even if they are confiscated.  There are always ways of aquiring such devices.

[i]Edited for pronouns and conjunctions.[/i]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#4]
With the history that we have of guns in America, I think that we would see a complete and total degredation in society if all the guns were taken away.  The criminals who currently use weapons (most) would continue to use them, but when it came time for arrest, or even suspected arrest, the cops would be taken out left and right.  And who amongst us would be willing to become cops, or remain cops in that sort of society?
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#5]
It would be wasteful to kill a cop for his weapon. Don't forget that there is usually plenty of meat on the donut-fed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#6]
It would be just like the Robocop movies, except without the stupid plot or dumb machines.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Imbroglio,

But, would we have to speak with a silly accent????

[uzi]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#8]
They chain the machine guns to the police in France, so if they get killed you'll need to drag the cop along or have some good bolt cutters.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
If all guns were banned, the U.S. would become a much safer and civilized society just like in England.
View Quote

We would still need all those damn cameras watching your every movement.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess I would be one of those lawless thugs.  I would'nt surrender my guns.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They chain the machine guns to the police in France, so if they get killed you'll need to drag the cop along or have some good bolt cutters.
View Quote

I always thought that the chains where a silly French fashion trend, go figure!
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#12]
the book "Expedient Homemade Firearms!" prove's
that england could not stop everone for having guns. this guy(Mr Ludy) built a 9mm submachine gun out of COMMON material's. no Lathe or Mill;
just handtools. he also was sent to 4 years in prison over it too. freedom is not cheap.

[b]Not edited! because i don't really care.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone noticed that the London bobbies who have always prided themselves on not carrying guns are all of a sudden forced to carry guns?

Gee, I thought disarming everyone makes for a safer society. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 9:12:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Has anyone noticed that the London bobbies who have always prided themselves on not carrying guns are all of a sudden forced to carry guns?
View Quote

Taking the guns from the good guys(because it is easier), and not taking the guns from the bad guys(harder) is not working.  Another grand liberal social experiment going/gone down the perverbial $hit hole.

I live in South. Calif., we use to be the center of aerospace activity, I am sure that there are many machinists around here that can build you anything you want.  If they can build guns in a 3rd world country such as Pakistan, I am sure that a few CNC milling machines....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top