Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2001 3:56:31 AM EDT
What is the difference between a Class 2 and Class 3 FFL? Can either own NFA weapons? What does it take to get a license for this? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:01:33 AM EDT
Class II is a manufacturer Class III is a dealer (SOT) If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 3:40:50 AM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:01:24 AM EDT
Arguably, the Class 2 Manufacturer has more freedom than any other citizen in the country. In addition to all of the rights and privileges afforded to ordinary American citizens, the Class 2 Manufacturer can possess just about [b]anything[/b] he has a mind to possess. 'What's that part? Looks like an auto-sear for an AR-15 type rifle.' [i]'Yep, it's a design I'm working on.'[/i] 'Those look like auto bolts and sears.' [i]'Yep, it's a design I'm working on.'[/i] 'Those closely resemble ready to assemble operational machine guns.' [i]'Yep, it's another design I'm working on.'[/i] Who else could get away with that? Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:11:14 AM EDT
Its a shame you have to give up a lot of 'freedom' to achieve Class II 'freedom' And on top of that, you have to pay a lot of $ to have that Class II 'freedom'
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 6:24:38 AM EDT
Here are the diffrerent types of FFL's, right off the ATF website. Type 01 - DEALER IN FIREARMS Type 02 - PAWNBROKER Type 03 - COLLECTOR OF CURIOS AND RELICS Type 06 - MANUFACTURER OF AMMUNITION FOR FIREARMS Type 07 - MANUFACTURER OF FIREARMS Type 08 - IMPORTER OF FIREARMS / AMMUNITION Type 09 - DEALER IN DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES Type 10 - MANUFACTURER OF DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES Type 11 - IMPORTER OF DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 6:54:34 AM EDT
So what does it take for someone to get a class3 license?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:07:27 AM EDT
fill out our forms get fingerprinted pay taxes and fees obey all laws (state, local, and Federral) more more info pick up the machine gun dealers bible I thought about getting a class 2 licsence then i saw all the regula tions and stuff and said well never mind then
Top Top