Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm willing to be part of this 'clan', but I first need to get this thing working, which it refuses to.

Can anyone give me a few pointers? It seems like a no-brainer, but it AIN'T.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Blackjack what file does it say you are missing? d3d9.dll or something like that means you need to install DirectX (from Windows Update). I would try downloading it again if that doesn't work.

IMHO 3dgamers is the best way to download it, unless you have BitTorrent. FilePlanet shoves all this pay-for-download crap in your face.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, no one really addressed it in the other thread (when I could find the thread anyway), have they revamped the accuracy system at all to go along with the new iron sights?  I won't type it all out again but I HATE how they did it in the previous versions.

Ah what the heck, I'll download it real quick and give it a shot.  I qualified expert last time, hope I can still find/keep my user that I did that with...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone post a link to a good place to DL it from. I tried the AA website but I couldn't find the damn game, I found patches but not the whole thing.

NM, found it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
A clan designation is between []'s.

I just changed mine to:  [AR15.com]BoomStick
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#6]
The best DL site is fileplanet.com.  You may have to wait in line a while but it downloads rather fast.  Be sure to pick a download location close to you.

WARNING: Do not patch, install the full version!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never gotten into the online games, especially the team stuff.  Does this have any single player aspects to it?

Can you play solo against others online, or is this all team based?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Patch worked fine here, 1.9 -> 2.0...

I'm currently hung up on the E&E mission, the other qualifications were quite easy (just DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO)...

As for getting 'expert' to qualify for sniper school, (a) make sure you can shoot perfect in the prone position, and (b) never shoot twice at a far away target... You need 16 out of 20 in the standing stage to make it...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I cant belive you guys with Cable and DSL are whining about the time it takes to download this game!
Im on dialup. To load the patch 215? MB it will probably take a week or two! I simply leave the internet on when I go to bed at night then turn it off when I get up. I use Gigex Dowloading because it allows me to Start/Stop downloading whenever I want withut makin me start over. Ive been Downloading everything sence 1.3 and Ive never had a problem.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got done fooling around  with it for the first time.  LOL... if you shoot your drill sgt in basic, you get thrown in jail.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I'm going to shit myself in relief. I believe it actually is working...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#12]
just changed mine to [AR15]Absolut
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I just downloaded AA too after 5 hours.
But I ran into a big problem, During the Special Forces Armor recognition part of  the training mission, where you go into a class room after talking to the 7 Green Berets.

Asistance need here
The slides in the classroom don't show up!
So when I take the test I'm basically doing it blind folded. Can some one please
give me the answers for the test so I can complete basic training?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]
FishandShoot,

Mine did that the first time I loaded it. I played with projectors off since I'm using a mobile graphic card. The second time I tried again with projectors on (in video/detail options) and it worked.

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Just changed my ID to [AR15]Maverick

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Now I am getting pissed. Took the whole damn day to download. It is now saying that I have to delete a file called armyops.ini to run the damn thing. HOW in God's name can I delete it? I can't even find it!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Critical Error
No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 402 MHz with 639MB RAM
Video: SiS 300/305 (1160)

Error setting display mode: CheckDepthStencilMatch failed. (D3D_OK). Please delete your armyops.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- DetermineFormats <- SetupPresentParms <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

That's the crap I have to deal with. Now how do I deal with it?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Fu@kin' A' man.

Its been downloading for 4 hours now, on a DSL line to boot!

Hopefully my powerbook can run it, I dont think it will, but its worth a shot
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#19]
It must not be worth it. The installation of it is a gold plated sonuvabitch.

Any help, people???
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Is it even compatible with the shitty SIS video chipset you've got?  I doubt it, probably the reason for the error...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I finally got a copy to download...

only to find I'm having problems with it jacking up my whole system (locks up)

this thing is a freaking resource PIG!

there are minimum requirements, and they're up there!

here is the url for AA support:

www.americasarmy.com/support/
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I think it is, but I really see no reason for all the problems.

OTOH, I really need a new computer...

Too bad you couldn't just download the thing, open the file and install it, then play. You need all this other bullcrap....
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#23]
I think it's hard as hell to play, and not worth the two hours it took to download, or the 1,664MB of space it uses in my computer...

Doesn't somebody make a fucking controller that plugs into my computer to play games ?

This keyboard code bullshit just plain sucks...

I can't remember what friggin key fires the gun, switches back and forth, or run, crawl, jump etc...

A different letter on my keyboard controls every goddamn movement or action...

I'll go back to playing my Xbox and PS2 thank you...

Edit to add:
I just un-installed it...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Asistance need here
So when I take the test I'm basically doing it blind folded. Can some one please

I was in that classroom today, should have come over and said "hey"  

seriously, I had a problem in here too, but it was with the test... We got to the point where the test started and my computer locked up.

This rarely happens with XPpro (in my experince)
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Just changed my name to [AR15]MolonLabe.  I'll be playing the "Blackhawk Down" CSAR mission exclusively, look for me!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#26]
*Screams and bangs head on table*

HELP!!!!!! What is WRONG here??
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I think it's hard as hell to play, and not worth the two hours it took to download, or the 1,664MB of space it uses in my computer...

Doesn't somebody make a fucking controller that plugs into my computer to play games ?

I can't remember what friggin key fires the gun, switches back and forth, or run, crawl, jump etc...

Edit to add:

Funny, I've allways said the same thing about consoles since GoldenEye... Too few buttons (so you either cycle through, and/or have to memorise button-combos that take concentration to perform properly (instead of just having one button per action), aiming with that stubby little joystick is a PITA, and the directional pad is designed with a 12yo's fingers in mind...

PC FPSes are easier: the number keys control weapon selection, click the left-mousebutton to fire, right-mousebutton to bring up sights/optics, and aim with the mouse (which, being designed as a pointing device, is far more intuitive than a stubby little joystick)...

A-S-D-W for direction, and assign the rest as you choose (default is x=prone, c=crouch, shift for speed)...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Asistance need here

I was in that classroom today, should have come over and said "hey"  

seriously, I had a problem in here too, but it was with the test... We got to the point where the test started and my computer locked up.

This rarely happens with XPpro (in my experince)

Update your video drivers...

Those sorts of bugs are indications that your drivers and/or DX version are too old...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#29]
www.gamespot.com/pc/action/americasarmyoperations/

I'm getting 650kb/sec consistently with this download. This game looks kick ass!!

-T.

Edit: Make that 1Mb/sec! Possibly the quickest data transfer rate I've ever seen!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't know what the hell is up with the video drivers lately, but the last year or so I have had them running, then all of a sudden, they start acting all .

back and forth with the new driver and an older driver..

I'm a fan of the Nvidia file remover program!

anyway, I did find a "new" driver on the Nvidia website today, so I'll give that a go here later and see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#31]
2.0 is sweet, but how do ya go through E&E without being caught!? I got to objectice A, but I'm stuck on B. My friend got B done, but he never has the time to come over and do it for me. He is stuck on C. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't see what the big deal is about escape and evasion, I passed it my first time.  Stay in the prone the whole time, crawl either fast or slow.  Go from bush to bush, take the long way around if you can.  There is one guard tower you just have to sneak by to get to B, but its over some rocky bluffs and you can slow crawl right underneath them and you won't be in the line of sight of the guard--plus he turns around to face the other way periodically.  

When you are on your way to C, don't try to cross the bridge, crawl down into the river bed and bypass all those troops.  At the end of the river bed there is a bigass rock, you can climb up it in the kneeling position and you'll never have to worry about crossing the bridge at all.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok. For you who have problems with the video, (as I did).
Try to get the name of your Video card and go here
www.americasarmy.com/support/faq_win.php?p=1&t=8

At the bottom of the page it has a list of supported cards and non-supported cards.
If you are like me and do not have the right card well F^&k us. Buy a newer video card.

Ripped off by Wal-mart again (oh S&*T let's not start that again)

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Some tips on E&E

1.Always move in prone position, and remember to slow down as soon as possible if you hear any noise.
2.Always watch 360 degrees 24/7 and stay away from them. This includes even if there is an obstacle blocking you from his vision. Somehow AIs will catch you when you are in certain distance between and him.
3.Navigate area where it is generally darker and won't contrast you against the sky / surface.
4.When they shout something, just stop your movement and sit still for several seconds. Try moving a little bit and figure out proceeding to which direction doesn't cause them to shout again.
5.Physically hardest/longest way is the best way.
6.Watch for sentries on the top of hill.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#35]
For those of you who are having trouble with the download...
You should be able to go to your local Army recruter and get a copy of the game... but Im not sure if they with have the updated 2.0 version.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I don't see what the big deal is about escape and evasion, I passed it my first time.  Stay in the prone the whole time, crawl either fast or slow.  Go from bush to bush, take the long way around if you can.  There is one guard tower you just have to sneak by to get to B, but its over some rocky bluffs and you can slow crawl right underneath them and you won't be in the line of sight of the guard--plus he turns around to face the other way periodically.  

When you are on your way to C, don't try to cross the bridge, crawl down into the river bed and bypass all those troops.  At the end of the river bed there is a bigass rock, you can climb up it in the kneeling position and you'll never have to worry about crossing the bridge at all.

I've gotten hung up on (b) too...

I've figured you have to drop down into the river bed, but there's no way out, and I allways get caught by the guard on the bridge...

Never seen (C) yet either...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Ok. For you who have problems with the video, (as I did).
Try to get the name of your Video card and go here
www.americasarmy.com/support/faq_win.php?p=1&t=8

At the bottom of the page it has a list of supported cards and non-supported cards.
If you are like me and do not have the right card well F^&k us. Buy a newer video card.

Ripped off by Wal-mart again (oh S&*T let's not start that again)

Generally, if you bought your PC at a retail outlet, the graphics card will not handle games...

Especially Intel-based PCs, as these are prone to come with Intel onboard graphics...

Go get yourself a nVidia graphics board (GeForce 3 or newer, AGP if you have the slot, PCI if your PC really sucks)...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Edit to add:

remember the mouse button fires and 'wsad' is really that hard?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Aight, everytime I qualify in the marksmanship it freezes when I go to upload the scores. Pissing me off. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Figured SF:E&E out on my own...

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Figured SF:E&E out on my own...

that was hard as hell, took me almost 2 hours to complete it
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Once again if someone wants to go on my account and do the airborne live jump or qualify to become a sniper on my account IM me for account info.  If someone can't become medic qualified send me your info and I will pass it for you (Im CPR and first aid qualified while being a lifeguard for 5 yrs so the test is a breeze).
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#43]
$%^&*  I updated the video driver, now I don't have it hanging up the system.

Now, it's halting the program for a General Protection Fault %^&*

and I do meet the minimums and I do have a supported video card  (Nvidia TI4200)
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Do I have to pass basic and advance traing to play online?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I do belive you do..

lucky for me, as I haven't played AA since just after the first patch was issued to ver 1.0... I recalled using my Arfcom name & mail.  I was able to get back in and not have to redo everything.  I see they took away the original Ranger and SF qualifications I had back when.  At least I kept my sniper and abn q's  
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#46]
You have to pass Basic Training...

You do not have to pass Adv Marksmanship, Medic, Airborne (unless it's a jump map) or Spec Ops to play online...
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#47]
I used to be able to play. Now while I am waiting for a mission to start my account goes offline. I called suuport and they said my cable modem isn't compatible. Is this true?I loved this game. Man I'm pissed. I can't play at all now. Plus the medic training i so painfull to sit through, I was an Army medic, can't I get a waiver?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Aight, everytime I qualify in the marksmanship it freezes when I go to upload the scores. Pissing me off. Any ideas?

Did you register? Did you log in after registering? You must register and log in before you attempt to train otherwise you dont get credit and the game may hang(did for me anyway).
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#49]
I can't pass the practice jump for airborne..Help!..And I medic class is boring...anybody have the answers?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I downloaded the patch at work the other day and installed it at home, because I have dial up.  The only problem I've had is the last couple of rounds I played, I couldn't fire my rifle unless I dropped it and picked it back up.  got killed once because of it.  I need to get my honor up to play SF though.  I'm at 14 now.  Played it for a while until I got Operation Flashpoint GOTY.  Devoted most of my time passing that game.  

Also, do any of you know much about virtual memory?  I was tring to start SF training and it was going really slow and then it said it was sending information to Punkbuster.  I closed out, and the computer said it was updating my Virtual Memory.  I'm not much of a computer guru, just guns and cars, so if anyone knows what that was about, could you let me know.

As far as AA, the game rocks.  I wish I had DSL or cable though.  I get killed too many times because of the lag time.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top