Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing, I clock in and do my job. Dont really talk to any of my coworkers, unlike everyone else I'm not here to make friends.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]
too many things to list...
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Calling "Martini's up" and then shooting 5 takes and then doing another set up.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Fucksticks. Morons. Drama queens. Thieves. Skanks. Trick fuckery. Projectors. Diversity. Suck ups. Back stabbers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Mid-level manager.  Got a mean angry building Sgt (my entire family knows of when i speak of her) that i lovely refer to as B.A. Thundercunt.  Easily one of the most horrible people i have ever met in my entire life.   In second place for things that piss me off at work, forced mandatory overtime.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#6]
paperwork that exists solely to justify the existence of paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
paperwork that exists solely to justify the existence of paperwork.
View Quote
You mean the checklist for the checklists?
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:21:08 AM EDT
[#8]
All stalls in the washroom constantly filled with grunting men stinking up the place, for God's sake do that at home.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:28:01 AM EDT
[#9]
When the shift before me doesn’t filter the grease in the fryer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Having upper management preach about "Safety first!" in all town halls/communication meetings.

When proposing a project with a line item called "Safety supplies/guarding etc", they ask you to reduce it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:36:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All stalls in the washroom constantly filled with grunting men stinking up the place, for God's sake do that at home.
View Quote

I love getting paid to poop on company time.  If my 8:30-9 block is free I will literally spend the half hour in the stall browsing arfcom
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#12]
When day shift has to turn over equipment repair to us....we are expected to be there within 5 minutes of shift start (usually requires leaving the shift handover meeting early) ...and usually the tech working on it just leaves the equipment right at shift change time (doesn't bother talking to us at all) with minimal information passed on to us from his supervisor  and what was wrong and what has been done.

However....if we we have to turn over equipment repair to day shift we are expected to stay at the equipment until someone relieves us and we give them  a detailed brief of what the problem is and what we have done so far....and usually they don't show up till 20-30 mins past shift change.

Our night unit leader has been trying to get it so if day shift expects us to show up immediately...they should as well..but keeps getting pushback from the day shift leadership....
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Project Managers that have less time in the industry than my boots.
View Quote
Throw Superintendents in that comment as well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Group discipline,,,, 30 F ucking minute meeting about not wearing finger nail polish,,, When the 3 girls that are wearing polish are not at the meeting. WTF????
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#15]
People
Stuff
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Engineers that think I can make whatever they design on their computer, with our antiquated equipment (I'm a tool maker).

Supervisor that has no idea what is going on in the shop on a daily basis.

Co-workers on their phones throughout the day.

Having my thoughts/ideas about a problem dismissed offhand because I'm not an engineer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I work in a dealership service dept with an incompetent parts dept that can't even look up the shit correctly on their OWN CAR, let alone anything else, an outsourced call center that is fucking retarded that overloads scheduling, lazy co-workers, management that does nothing about any of the issues. There is nothing to be pissed about.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Assholes that talk about how busy they are and all the OT they have to work yet they spend a 1/4 of the day not fucking working. Got a guy that wastes so much time during the day and probably pulls 20 hours of OT each week. Meanwhile I have three times the work and am leaving at 5 most days. However, I don’t dick around and get my shit done. Guess who is looked at as the guy doing more? Hint, not the one doing more while saving the company payroll.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Citrix
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#20]
The closest I get to work nowadays is waiting on the next foursome at the golf course. It's a bitch!
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Having only half of the items on the bill of materials for a product that management is screaming needs to get out the door right this minute.  Machines that make the parts that go into other parts either didn't have their materials, weren't staffed, weren't scheduled correctly and/or had unreasonable expectations of production and changeover time, so no parts to run. Other products that are in the schedule for the near future are the same story, only which materials aren't available varies.

Followed by getting sent off to another part of the plant to run similar machines on separate families of product while watching the people that normally run those machines doing busywork of hand packaging stuff that should have been done by machine as it was originally processed, because the packaging wasn't in stock at the time.

All followed by mandatory OT at the end of the month to get those precious throughput numbers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Employees Union.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#23]
My biggest annoyance is a girl that can never be wrong.

She always comes up with a way to say she was technically right, but she'll do it your way if you really need her to.

It doesn't help that she's a fat little troll that talks down to everyone and thinks she's the smartest person in the room.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sexual predators being treated better than the staff.
View Quote
I think I've found another Correctional Officer.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#25]
working every Saturday.  #retail
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#26]
I deal w/ the public and contractors.  They both piss me off daily.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Piss-poor communicators. People who have something in their head they are unable to convey to the rest of the world, but they live as if it's reality for the rest of us.

Senior ranking officers who think the end-result has been achieved upon their decision to do something. Never mind that only two of them have any knowledge of this, they haven't told anyone else for weeks, and can't understand why nothing seems to be happening in spite of their command decision. It should be simple....

People in leadership/critical positions who can't write/speak one intelligent/coherent paragraph. Every sentence is a new topic and completely unrelated to all others.....

Phone calls/e-mails that follow this line: "Hey, I have no idea what I'm doing, or even why, but I got tasked by the colonel to figure this out, so I have to, and maybe you know something about something because I don't know anything, but I have to answer the colonel by Friday morning. Can you help me?"

The number one rage inducer? "Well, you know what I mean."
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Piss-poor communicators. People who have something in their head they are unable to convey to the rest of the world, but they live as if it's reality for the rest of us.

Senior ranking officers who think the end-result has been achieved upon their decision to do something. Never mind that only two of them have any knowledge of this, they haven't told anyone else for weeks, and can't understand why nothing seems to be happening in spite of their command decision. It should be simple....

People in leadership/critical positions who can't write/speak one intelligent/coherent paragraph. Every sentence is a new topic and completely unrelated to all others.....

Phone calls/e-mails that follow this line: "Hey, I have no idea what I'm doing, or even why, but I got tasked by the colonel to figure this out, so I have to, and maybe you know something about something because I don't know anything, but I have to answer the colonel by Friday morning. Can you help me?"

The number one rage inducer? "Well, you know what I mean."
View Quote
I know what you mean.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who thinks stand up meetings are a waste of fucking time?
View Quote
Nope, not only a total waste of time, but quit standing in the middle of a fucking main aisle.  People that actually need to work have to walk through there...rude fucks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Project Managers that have less time in the industry than my boots.
I've had tons of these as an inspector, but i tell em' how the cow ate the cabbage
and don't budge; being constantly told "build it per the plans" don't solve any problems;

i tell them, when the water's shut off to a big chunk of the area & your "plan" don't work
at 3am, i'm the one getting nasty calls at 5am when folks can't shit & shower;
i trust old foreman & guys that been doing things in person, not on paper,,,,
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#32]
1) Customers that can't tell me exactly where they parked their equipment. I can't move it if I can't find it.
2) Customers that can't identify their equipment. Yes, you said it was a backhoe, but there is 5 of them onsite, which one is yours.
3) Your 15k forklift weighs 22k, that info is important to know. I want the actual weight of the machine, not its capacity. I don't have time to google the specs.
4) If the machine is inoperable, tell me before hand. I can still move it, but I need to know that some "extra" skill maybe required.
5) Getting called out on an emergency generator move due to bad weather, getting loaded and enroute only to be called back because the power was restored. Yes, you are still getting billed.
6) Sir, that power module you want weighs 90k and requires permits to move, it is 10pm and you are 200 miles away. Sure, we can be there in a couple of hours.
7) Electric powered forklifts don't like being moved in the rain, sure I can tarp the machine once it is loaded, but I still have to load it in the rain, moron.
8) Emergency runs that are delivered and the customer tells you when I unload or unhook. "Where not going to be needing it until Thursday." It is Tuesday at 10pm.
9) Deliver unit, generator-air compressor-ground thaw heater-forklift-bulldozer-boom lift-swing reach---etc, end user "Can you show me how this works?" Nope.
10) Customer, we need to move 30 generators, 20 AC units ranging in size 15t-60t, and all the distribution for that equipment in two days 200 miles away. OK! Is the equipment ready ship. NOPE, they are still pm'ing the generators and changing out the filters on the AC units.

I can go on about the equipment side of the business, but it will take me days to list the wrecker and recovery side of the business.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Fuckhead guy who takes out multiple of everything, doesn't put shit away and works slower than I thought humanly possible.

Being handed an almost undecipherable "drawing" with zero measurements and being asked to build it..... O_o

Being asked to build something mid day that should take all day to build.... But they want it in 45 min. I respond with it's going to take 5hrs. Then they say ok can you make 3 for end of day?

"No but you can have 3 by end of day tomorrow"

How about 9am? O_o
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Within 3 minutes, boss messaged me on email, text and MS Teams 5 times on the same issue. I was in a meeting with 30 other people with my phones on vibrate, and he knew that.

I respond and ask him a question. No response for an hour and a half.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Unconscious incompetents who need to show how good they are.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#36]
1.  Our computer network being slow as shit, or just not working at all.  We are 100% computer based.  Without our network, we have nothing to do but surf on our phones.

2.  Everytime management "improves" our network, it actually makes things worse.  Every.  Single.  Time.

3.  Being treated like children.

4.  Having to take numerous, ridiculous safety courses over things we will never ever have to deal with in an office environment.

5.  Safety minutes that drone on too long.  I know how to step over an extension cord.  Please move on.

6.  Managers who never speak anything technical, or contribute anything technical.  Every sentence from their mouth sounds like something they learned in a Leadership Seminar.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
1) People who leave time on the microwave.

2) I use the phrase "I'm not a mind reader" minimum once weekly due to lack of communication. You'd think the boss would get tired of hearing it eventually.
View Quote
I purposely do that as often as possible ...
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Freeloading, homeless fuckheads that come in to the ER with bullshit complaints, knowing just what to say to get them 3 hots & a cot for a few days.

They, and other douchebags that come in and get treated with zero intent on paying any sort of bill, are a gigantic part of why healthcare is so goddamned expensive.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Play the game!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The curse of the competent.

This is where if you're competent, you get the hard shit while the mouth breathers pick their assess.
Play the game!
If you are going to play the game, you have to do it from the get-go. Otherwise it doesn’t work.

If we have a new guy show up, I let them know right away that they need to start out acting like a completely helpless dumb-ass. This way, no one will ever expect anything from them.

Just about 100% of them take my advice.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#40]
When writing a long, complex process specification...I get a call from someone with a question without need for an immediate answer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#41]
The 87% on the left side of the Bell curve.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#42]
I’ve been doing my job very well for 3 years

Another guy who does my same job in a different department quit (he was in his 60s and had enough of management’s shit)

My boss and his boss are forcing me to cover his area while I also train the new guy, and do my original job as well

My boss told me that my raise was approved by corporate, but it’s a 30-90 day waiting period because it’s a higher pay grade, and I don’t get backpay for those 30-90 days

The guy I’m training is 59 y/o and doesn’t have any experience in the industry or the programs we use and is making $15k more than me

I want to quit but nothing in the area pays close to what I’m making

So I’m just bitter
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The religion that is: "diversity, equity and inclusion".
View Quote
Diversity is our strength!
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Even better, rather than dealing with those employees who aren't working or are not following policy, sending an email to every single employee saying, "Don't do this" or "Why is this happening".. when every single person in the email knows who done it.. but he manager refuses to "nut up" and just deal w/ the problem

"Managing by email" drives me freaking crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coworkers NOT working...
Even better, rather than dealing with those employees who aren't working or are not following policy, sending an email to every single employee saying, "Don't do this" or "Why is this happening".. when every single person in the email knows who done it.. but he manager refuses to "nut up" and just deal w/ the problem

"Managing by email" drives me freaking crazy.
Yup, managers/supervisors that will let unproductive behavior occur and not even say anything because they don't like conflict are bad also. Evidentially it's okay to spend an hour+ every day balancing your checkbook, making doctor/vehicle repair/fishing trip phone calls quite often, taking 2-3 shits a day, spending hours gossiping like schoolgirls, and hunching over your phone while at your desk for hours a day. Come on, do your job...

...FUCK
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Bipolar co-workers
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Assholes that talk about how busy they are and all the OT they have to work yet they spend a 1/4 of the day not fucking working. Got a guy that wastes so much time during the day and probably pulls 20 hours of OT each week. Meanwhile I have three times the work and am leaving at 5 most days. However, I don't dick around and get my shit done. Guess who is looked at as the guy doing more? Hint, not the one doing more while saving the company payroll.
View Quote
You should spend waste more time looking at your phone...
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:23:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Management establishing rules/procedures...then refusing to enforce them.

Employees that really don't give a fuck about doing their job correctly. Sadly, about half of the people I work with fall into that category
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Every fucking thing.

Usually by 0700 I am like this

Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#49]
It would just be easier for me to list the things that don't piss me off.

Uhh....yeah I've got nothing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm allergic to work.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top