Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Good illustration of the meaning of a constitutional republic, and of the fact that "majority rules" is a bad idea.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The metal scene in Little Rock is no joke.  Lol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The few still end up paying taxes to support proselytizing of special interest groups on public property. Religious statues belong at churches.

If you don't want to be trolled by dummies don't do dumb stuff.
View Quote
I disagree counselor.  Religious statues have been displayed for a long long time in this country.

Let the few pay their taxes, or not.  Their vote counts the same as mine.  VOTE ON IT.   Local control is a beautiful thing.  Not much of that in New York?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Christian monuments should not get special treatment on government property.  Fair is fair.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Soon....
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's so fucking metal!!!!
Were either of you there?  I was!!!(well maybe not at that particular one)

Sammy Hagar - Heavy Metal (Live)
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
America was founded as a Christian nation it is unsuitable for any other kind of people.

Bulldoze that abomination to the ground it is an offense to the God of our founders.
View Quote
God wasn't officially part of anything until the 1950's when it was added to the pledge of allegiance and on our currency to differentiate us from the godless reds.

Take a close look at this silver certificate, notice what's missing that's on all our newer money?

The first line of the first amendment was put there to prevent government favoritism of any religion.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Uh, is it me, or is the hand gesture wrong?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Leave it to Arkansas to have a statue of the thing they are most attracted to out in public.

View Quote
That isn't a statue of beer and meth.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#11]
You know what the difference between communists and satanists is?

Satanists are honest about what they actually believe.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
America was founded as a Christian nation it is unsuitable for any other kind of people.

Bulldoze that abomination to the ground it is an offense to the God of our founders.
View Quote
How very short mimded of you.  I'm glad you are admitting you don't actually believe in the bill of rights.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pretty cool statue.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's just a hunk of metal, nothing more, nothing less. It's only "power" is in the minds of men and women. Call me if it hops off that throne and starts tooling around downtown Arkansas.
View Quote
Quite a lot of power rests in that place.  Enough to destroy millions if exercised for bad ends.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leave it to Arkansas to have a statue of the thing they are most attracted to out in public.

QFT
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#17]
It is a well made statue.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol, I would remove a finger.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Waiting for some Roper to start dry humping it, lol!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Sweet, hail Satan!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Would any of you in here be ok with it if the CPUSA put up a hammer and sickle at the court house?  It's basically the same religion after all, even if the commies try to deny it.  Rarely does evil come out and announce itself.  It always presents as something far more palatable.

I'm pretty much not OK with this.  If you all demand some kind of reasoning for that, the reason is that the English Common Law can trace its legal ancestry to the ancient legal codes, such as the 10 Commandments.  Our nation was formed explicitly as one that bases it's civic values on judeo-Christian principles, whether anyone likes that or not.  It does not follow from there that we are a nation that chooses one religion over another or establishes a state sanctioned church, only that we are a nation that bases our civic values based on an older tradition, which does have religious influence.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Freedom for all religions.

Good for them.

Statue is boring though.

Needs more animatronics
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You know what the difference between communists and satanists is?

Satanists are honest about what they actually believe.
View Quote
Very few satanists believe in anything but trolling christians, particularly the biggest, most powerful christian churches.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Real point of the gesture is to get rid of existing religious monuments at government facilities.

"If I have to be subjected to yours, how do you like mine?"
View Quote
Yeah it was a total in your face gesture rather than a promotion of wholesome thought.  Most people view the 10 commandents as a humanitarian guide and don't get religiously offended.  I don't recommend either in public places, but you are defending a bunch of assholes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why is an image depicting the concept of duality, an abomination to anyone, especially to a deity who's religion has a large focus on duality?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think Satanists are probably 99% trolls. Remember our devil worshiper "lady" who ended up being a dude?
View Quote
This is probably true.  I'm talking about the 1%.

The reason they are 1% is because the other 99% of satan worshippers disguise at something else and won't even see themselves that way anyway.

There are some things that it's a bad idea to cavalierly play around with.  Giant statues of the prince of darkness are among those things.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Obviously you weren't aware that Satan is a boy scout...err...or is it girl scout...err...maybe non-gender scout.  See...Satan is already at work confusing us...LOL!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL, they caught one! Hook, line, and sinker
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
that's a badass statue.

Yea, no.
View Quote
Can you then explain to us the influence satanism had on our cultural development and historical heritage?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Satanists = communist / Democrat atheists
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So if a Baptist soldier from Texas gets stationed in Fort Drum in northern NY and marries a catholic girl from up here he has to go to a Family Court that has a bunch of statues of Catholic saints? Do you think he'll be sitting in that court thinking he's going to get a fair custody hearing when his wife complains that she should have custody to ensure the child is brought up Catholic and not Baptist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I disagree counselor.  Religious statues have been displayed for a long long time in this country.

Let the few pay their taxes, or not.  Their vote counts the same as mine.  VOTE ON IT.   Local control is a beautiful thing.  Not much of that in New York?
So if a Baptist soldier from Texas gets stationed in Fort Drum in northern NY and marries a catholic girl from up here he has to go to a Family Court that has a bunch of statues of Catholic saints? Do you think he'll be sitting in that court thinking he's going to get a fair custody hearing when his wife complains that she should have custody to ensure the child is brought up Catholic and not Baptist?
Things to think about before you marry a Catholic girl from NY.

Make better decisions in life.  I would have.  I did.

ETA: For clarification------If you are that caught up about raising your kids in your religion, maybe you should have considered that before you married into Catholicism?  And that was a conscious thought in my 23 year old mind when I asked my wife to marry me, or it had been.  Do I bolt because this is getting to serious, or are we actually compatible for ever and ever?

@aimless  I love the debate, don't let me down
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The reason they are 1% is because the other 99% of satan worshippers disguise at something else and won't even see themselves that way anyway.

There are some things that it's a bad idea to cavalierly play around with.  Giant statues of the prince of darkness are among those things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Satanists are probably 99% trolls. Remember our devil worshiper "lady" who ended up being a dude?

Is someone erecting a statue of Lucifer somewhere?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Should of taken photos of those who cheered. It helps to know who is who in your city.
View Quote
I like it.  Need to get my picture with it.  Too bad it is just a mock-up.

There will be a proliferation of monuments.  Next one might be kids molested by priests.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Will worshipers have to bring their own goat leggings or will they be supplied at the festivities?

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Can you then explain to us the influence satanism had on our cultural development and historical heritage?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that's a badass statue.

Yea, no.
Can you explain what that has to do with my taking issue with some bible thumper saying the United states is and I quote:

unsuitable for any other kind of people.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:28:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ha. You funny.
I'd put that statue in my living room. Means nothing to me but awesome statue.
If you are scared of a statue...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#41]
There are a lot of retarded attention whores out there. Here's another example.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Not the first time this statue has been "unveiled".  I think the atheist/satanic/humanist group that commissioned the statue is using it as a travelling attraction.  Looks like the same one to me:
http://time.com/3972713/detroit-satanic-statue-baphomet/
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#43]
The reason for the statue is because someone else got a 10 commandments monument approved.

To those who don't remember, the 10 commandments monument was just a few hours old when a guy drove from OK and destroyed the first one.
link
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Communism isn't "the same thing as satanism"
View Quote
Really?

Communism murdered over a hundred million peope in the 20th century.  It starved them.  It tortured them.  It tore down the churches they would've turned to.  It's soldiers indiscriminately raped the women of Berlin in 1945.  It murdered Jews by the millions.  It crucified and burned people alive, in huge numbers.  Evil almost never presents itself openly, you of all people should know that.  It always comes in some other desireable guise.  Such as the great worker's utopia.  Or in the form of racial purity.  Or something else, doesn't matter.  It always comes well presented by those who are truly wolves in sheep's clothing.

By their fruits, you shall know them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think you Christian guys relize of how sick and tired we atheists are of religion in general. It's hilarious to watch you guys loose your shit over this.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Wonder whose garage the Lord of Evil sits in the rest of the time lol
View Quote
Michael Moore.

Its tucked into his fat folds, the garage is filled with emergency cheeseburgers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's amazing how many republicans become democrats whenever they think they're in the majority.

Christianity itself is a rejection of the theocratic state. Our nation was founded on enlightenment values which are a further rejection of church and state interfering with one another.

Displaying the ten commandments in courthouses is incredibly inappropriate and counterproductive, as is all the dominionist agenda.

A majority doesn't make it different than a display of Sharia in the same context. No conservative should want the government involved in religion, or in the position to dictate what is or is not appropriate religious expression.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Really?

Communism murdered over a hundred million peope in the 20th century.  It starved them.  It tortured them.  It tore down the churches they would've turned to.  It's soldiers indiscriminately raped the women of Berlin in 1945.  It murdered Jews by the millions.  It crucified and burned people alive, in huge numbers.  Evil almost never presents itself openly, you of all people should know that.  It always comes in some other desireable guise.  Such as the great worker's utopia.  Or in the form of racial purity.  Or something else, doesn't matter.  It always comes well presented by those who are truly wolves in sheep's clothing.

By their fruits, you shall know them.
View Quote
If we are going to throw stones over who has murdered more people, Christianity beats communism by far.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top