User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me guess...  Non-rated Zoomie?

My GF’s ex is one of those. I kinda recognize the ‘features’.

TC
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. So triggered.

TC
There are plenty of slackasses in the military whose rank was granted solely on the basis of Affirmative Action Bingo.

Coincidentally, they tend to be the same types that shriek about Trump.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Reference everyone in this thread declaring that liberals are stupid and/or crazy and/or evil. The tribalism and confirmation bias is thick.
View Quote
You're right. Anybody can fall for it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He's a Republican strategist.
View Quote
That doesn't mean crap. Bush was a Republican too but he wasn't a conservative. A lot of Republicans are progressives.

Also some Republicans voted for HRC and didn't support the party. The term RINO comes to mind.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This thread is one giant exclamation point to OP's article.
View Quote
About how those that fancy themselves the acolytes of the "Traditional Republican Party!" are constantly making themselves look like deluded/dishonest assclowns?

Yeah, pretty much.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
He ceased being a "strategist" the day Zero was elected, and he's been a political commentator on television. As of June of this year, he abandoned the facade of even pretending to be a republican.

But you knew that already.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Reference everyone in this thread declaring that liberals are stupid and/or crazy and/or evil. The tribalism and confirmation bias is thick.
View Quote
Yeah, leftists have some great points.

Like the race-baiting.  Or the economic slavery.  Or the gun grabbing.  Or flooding our country with 3rd world "refugees".

Tell us some more about their wonderful ideas and how they're morally equivalent to us.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#7]
How many candidates did Pres Trump beat for the Republican nomination? Then he goes and beats two of the biggest Crooks in the nation. Fuck them assholes same old shit as last time. Trump hasn't got a chance. well Fuck them news reporters.

Just about everyone has got a job who wants to work. What did Barry do?

I read a article this morning that if you want to buy a new Tractor Trailer truck you have a 9 month wait. Can't  build them fast enough. Some companies can't hire enough people.

Maga
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#8]
ITT, pussyhatters lap up the puddles left behind by a Bush/McCain sycophnat.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, that propaganda machine is really being put into afterburner status.

They are going to run out of credibility sooner than they realize.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
He, like you, is a nevertrumper. He just happens to be a republican in name only. Just look at the campaigns he has worked on. McCain is not a stellar example of Conservatism.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How many candidates did Pres Trump beat for the Republican nomination? Then he goes and beats two of the biggest Crooks in the nation. Fuck them assholes same old shit as last time. Trump hasn't got a chance. well Fuck them news reporters.

Just about everyone has got a job who wants to work. What did Barry do?

I read a article this morning that if you want to buy a new Tractor Trailer truck you have a 9 month wait. Can't  build them fast enough. Some companies can't hire enough people.

Maga
View Quote
You don't have any Intellectual Sovereignty, brah.

Then you'd understand why ¡Jeb! was by far the best candidate you could have picked in the primary.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Has he called on his "fellow white people" to repudiate Trump yet?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The truth is the truth even if no one believes it...and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it.
View Quote
There are facts and there are truths. They are not the same thing. Truth has a basis in belief, which is used to interpret facts. Is 60 degree water cold? is 70 degree water cold?  Does the answer change if the air temp is 110 or 45?  what if the air temp is 65?  what if I didn't find 60 degree water cold and you did? which of us is telling the truth? one of us must be lying - right?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That doesn't mean crap. Bush was a Republican too but he wasn't a conservative. A lot of Republicans are progressives.

Also some Republicans voted for HRC and didn't support the party. The term RINO comes to mind.
View Quote
Steve Schmidt has spent the past decade attacking republicans, which if my cipherin's correct, is well before Trump.

Schmidt, Bill Kristol, etc, are literally Republicans In Name Only, and wear the Republican hat just to provide their networks with a pretend opposition viewpoint, when in reality they're just another means of attacking mainstream republicans.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The left has always maintained that they are intellectually superior to the masses.
View Quote
The intellectually superior Left = The Rightful Ruling Class

The intellectually inferior Right = Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
“There is for them no such thing as objective truth anymore"
View Quote
There can only be objective truth when the level of secrecy is very small.

Let's see the tax returns to see of Russia has Trump in its pockets.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#17]
President Trump won because he got the most Votes in the primary. Then he got the most electoral votes. Isn't that the way it's suppose to be? Tell me how else should we figure who one?

Barry said Elections have consequences. Next time you sore losers will have to get more electoral votes. I didn't get a high school diploma but I think I got this figured out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
If Russia has Trump in their pockets, they're doing a shitty job of running him, he is destroying their economy and their military at every turn.

Sanctions.
Getting Nato to increase funding
Arming the Ukraine
Going after IRAN (Russia's ally in the region)
Going after the Natural gas deal between Germany and Russia (Natural gas is the bulk of Russia economy)

and there are more examples, these are just the low hanging fruit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#19]
So if 40% have "surrendered their intellectual sovereignty" to trump, does that mean the rest have surrendered it to Liberalism?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought he was writing about Obama.

Cults of personality have always existed, and will always exist. Bleat louder nevertrumpers!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#21]
He and his cohorts shouldn’t have bet so heavily against America.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
“There is for them no such thing as objective truth anymore"

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#23]
This reminds me of the scene in FMJ with the Colonel "Jump on the team and join in for the big win".

Except the Colonel represents the establishment (never-trumpers/liberals).

"We know inside of every Trump supporter there is a progressive trying to get out."

"You Trump supporters to simple too understand that you have no intellectual sovereignty and can't think for yourselves." Blah Blah Blah.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#24]
We have surrendered our intellectual sovereignty to Trump as opposed to surrendering to you, right Steve?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#25]
He added, “There is for them no such thing as objective truth anymore. What is true is what the leader says is true, what the leader believes is true. Trump has exercised that power and 40 percent of the country has submitted themselves to it. It’s extraordinary and frightening to see, but thank goodness not a majority of the country. In fact, it’s not even close to being a majority of the country.”
View Quote
Yeah, that didn't happen when your boss or Zero were President.

Nope.

Didn't happen at all.

No sirree, not one bit!

Fucking jackass.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow.  Epic projection.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#27]
MOS68W: Has he called on his "fellow white people" to repudiate Trump yet?
View Quote
Hello my fellow principled republicans.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#28]
American intellect was surrendered 10 years ago to Obama.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Very few people have any intellectual sovereignty to surrender.

It doesn't matter what political narrative you embrace, it will shape your opinions going forward, and whose opinions you value.

The president shapes the opinions of the entire party, supporters support, and then they're invested in that support.

Most of GD thought Bush was fantastic, most of GD supported even his biggest blunders. The same thing is happening now, the same thing happens on the left during Democrat administrations.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#30]
So where was this 'Republican' the past 8 years?

Did he have the same vitriol for Obama? Nope. Just vitriol for the first anti-Globalist/pro-US GOP president.

There's your sign...
Yup he's a lib posing as a RINO.

This 'test' works well BTW with many RINO's who NOW speak out against Trump, but never said a peep about the 8 year Obama shit show.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#31]
What I find truly weird and disturbing is the unhinged anger so many establishment conservatives have for Trump and his focus on our country. A couple years ago I'd have said I was alot closer politically to GWB than Trump, now I'm not so sure.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Very few people have any intellectual sovereignty to surrender.

It doesn't matter what political narrative you embrace, it will shape your opinions going forward, and whose opinions you value.
View Quote
That is why it matters so much. The men who shape narratives rule the "intellectually sovereign" through the vote.

In the late 20th mindset, votes are a ratification of a power's narrative dominance, not a competition between opposing camps.

Recreating an early American approach to democracy (or building a post American one) demands breaking the narrative monopolies.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh bullshit. Just another guy who likes to think he is smarter than everyone else finding another way to belittle Trump supporters in hopes they change their mind.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What I find truly weird and disturbing is the unhinged anger so many establishment conservatives have for Trump and his focus on our country. A couple years ago I'd have said I was alot closer politically to GWB than Trump, now I'm not so sure.
View Quote
The current GOP establishment is NOT conservative...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Schmidt=shit
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#36]
People tend to bitch about tribalism when their tribe is losing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#37]
So, a GOP RINO, who supported the dumbass ideas to nominate McCain & Romney as candidates for POTUS, and then helped them lose those elections, is upset because Americans didn't do what either party wanted them to do, and elected someone from outside the swamp?

Yeah, that guy can eat shit & die.  People like Schmidt are why this country is fucked, and he's a perfect example of why it's damn near impossible to drain the swamp.
So called Republicans are no better than Democrats, just two faces of the same corrupt establishment.  May pestilence and damnation be upon them all.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He's clearly talking about democrats, not Trump.
View Quote
Describes Leftists to a T
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#39]
That guy is an idiot. There are many times I am really pissed at Trump. But the things we agree on make me fervent in my defense of him overall. He wasn't my top choice, but once the general came around he was the ONLY choice. He has very pleasantly surprised me in most cases. The fact that I can criticize him and support him is a pretty strong indication I have not surrendered my intellectual sovereignty.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I’ll give the NeverTrumper Progressives and the liberals one thing, they’re relentless...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That guy is an idiot. There are many times I am really pissed at Trump. But the things we agree on make me fervent in my defense of him overall. He wasn't my top choice, but once the general came around he was the ONLY choice. He has very pleasantly surprised me in most cases. The fact that I can criticize him and support him is a pretty strong indication I have not surrendered my intellectual sovereignty.
View Quote
Not following their brand of neocon progressivism equals giving up your intellectual sovereignty.

Didn’t you get the memo?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
always w9ndered who the fuck suplorted mccain.  now i know
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#43]
In this thread we pretend Trump Bots don't exist, and by obvious extension the bots of (both) Paul(s), Obama, and et cetera.

I think 40% of the Republican voting population being unthinking sports fans is about right.  It's at least that high for the Dems as well I'd wager.  We've kniwn this since forever.

OP subject thinking Republican support is down are delusional; many.of the folks who were skeptical or suspicious of Trump are less so now, and Trump's not even up for election anyway.

The only decrease will come from Democrats as usual...even if they are dems who voted for Trump in '16
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

TC
View Quote
No. I was 35M for 8 years, including a combat deployment, then reclassed to 11C for 4 years. Say something, pogue. So what if I was an airman, though. You sound like one of those guys who "thought about joining".
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You should probably apply some of that intellectual sovereignty the OP's link was talking about and REALLY think about that statement. Like really, really try to use that gray matter for something besides hunting-and-pecking out the keys to your thoughtless replies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should probably apply some of that intellectual sovereignty the OP's link was talking about and REALLY think about that statement. Like really, really try to use that gray matter for something besides hunting-and-pecking out the keys to your thoughtless replies.
What an artfully worded and logically compelling retort. Perhaps you should point out the part I got wrong.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It's not your party anymore.  Feel free to go cry about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that's how I read it too. He's projecting. "Sad"
He's a Republican BOOSH! strategist.
It's not your party anymore.  Feel free to go cry about it.
I never really fit well in the GOP, but Boosh was still more conservative than Trump. Go be triggered somewhere else, snowflake.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There are plenty of slackasses in the military whose rank was granted solely on the basis of Affirmative Action Bingo.

Coincidentally, they tend to be the same types that shriek about Trump.
View Quote
What kind of racist shit is this?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Like the race-baiting.  Or the economic slavery.  Or the gun grabbing.  Or flooding our country with 3rd world "refugees".

Tell us some more about their wonderful ideas and how they're morally equivalent to us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're having trouble keeping up. Most be that "affirmative action" holding you back. No one has expressed any support for leftist ideas. But that doesn't mean they are stupid, crazy, or evil, either. Most leftists have many of the same cute values as you do, minus the racial purity garbage. We all want people to be safe and prosperous. We all like puppies and pie. Leftists see a bigger threat to liberty from corporations and conservatives see a bigger threat to liberty from government. They're both right and they're both wrong. But leftists don't want to take your guns because they hate you or because they are stupid. They want to do it because they have arrived at a different conclusion from the same facts.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He, like you, is a nevertrumper. He just happens to be a republican in name only. Just look at the campaigns he has worked on. McCain is not a stellar example of Conservatism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have a fucking clue what I am. I voted for Trump. Tell me more about the shit you think you know.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#50]
TDS is nearing saturation.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top