Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think the Taser grab justified the shooting, but I have to agree with Bama, the circumstances that led up to the Taser grab were pretty shitty.

I hate Sovereigns. Don't get me wrong. The guy seems like a total douche. He won't be missed, but the lady cop needs to be.....dealt with.
View Quote
This is my take on it....I think the detention over the ID was bullshit, but that doesn't justify him in trying to take / possibly use the taser.

At the end of the day, it all comes back to....the side of the road is not the time to fight with the police.  If they do something out of line, you fight them in court.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You think the shoot is bad if the guy took the cops taser?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bad shoot.  I hope there's a big civil suit over it and the agency gets reamed.
You think the shoot is bad if the guy took the cops taser?
1) whether the deceased "Took" the taser is apparently debatable.

2) Since the man committed no crime, was unreasonably stopped by a "police officer" (in quotations because she is apparently that in name only), and the "officer" escalated because SHE FEARED FOR HER LIFE FROM A LAWSUIT, yeah, the shoot is bad.

I'll bet you were one of the people saying the FL parking space shooter is guilty because he caused the incident which led to the man shoving him.

(Knock it off. -40xb)
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Cop demanded his license because he was leaving an animal shelter? Wtf

there's a cop at the animal shelter?

In Ny there are cops all over but at the animal shelter and dmv (from another thread) weird
View Quote
It’s the police state. Thin blue line just got 10 feet taller
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
my former chief and i had some run ins with several here. they "tried him in their court" and pronounced a death sentenced on him and other members of the dept. as i was riding with him on the stop i received some threats as well as a reserve. Sovereigns are fucking loons and yes many do have a sincere desire to kill police, more than a few have. That is a major reason they are treated as a direct threat when encountered. No this guy didn't deserve to die and that le fucked up. At the end of the day i still won't shed a tear over him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just another instance of poorly trained cops.
Far as I'm concerned she should just lose her job but so should her supervisor who let her go out and the people that trained her and said that she was qualified to be a cop.
I've known two different cops that came out of training and we're convinced all Sovereign citizens were out to kill law enforcement.
kept talking about the video of the guys with AK-47 jumping out of the van. Would not listen to any reason that they all weren't out to kill them.
my former chief and i had some run ins with several here. they "tried him in their court" and pronounced a death sentenced on him and other members of the dept. as i was riding with him on the stop i received some threats as well as a reserve. Sovereigns are fucking loons and yes many do have a sincere desire to kill police, more than a few have. That is a major reason they are treated as a direct threat when encountered. No this guy didn't deserve to die and that le fucked up. At the end of the day i still won't shed a tear over him.
That's crazy.  How often do those sovereign citizen clowns threaten you guys?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who the fuck cares? It was no one’s business as to who he was, least of all the police.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who the fuck cares? It was no one’s business as to who he was, least of all the police.
Lol
What right did the police officers have to question  who the sovereign citizen was?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m having a hard time believing that, after reading some of the responses here, I watched the same video that other people did.

That dude was summarily expected while being held by two cops and a civilian. He had no control of his limbs and wasn’t doing anything with anyone’s taser at the time he was murdered.

Fuck that bitch, I hope she spends the rest of her life looking over her shoulder if she hasn’t been sent to prison to share a cell with a violent, aggressive 350lb ghetto lesbian.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What right lawful reason did the police officers have to question  who the sovereign citizen was?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
What right lawful reason did the police officers have to question  who the sovereign citizen was?
FIFY
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what did this guy do to have the cops called?

ETA:

Cop was already there and his crime was not producing a drivers license for the dog shelter to see and then them saying he couldn't leave?

Is that right?

That guy was murdered.

But if he had just produced a drivers license or was peaceful with the cops having committed no crimes, none of this would have happened.
View Quote
Fuck that shit dude.. If I go to my town hall to pay my water bill and the desk lady says I can’t leave until I produce ID, does that give the officers across the hall the right to render arrest and use lethal force for resisting?

I hope the survivors hit the city with false imprisonment/kinapping as well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Meh.

He was an asshole trying to prove a point and get attention, and it worked.

Good shoot? Bad shoot? Dunno. I'm just saying it's hard to give a damn about people like this
View Quote
Or maybe he was just a good dude trying to rescue a dog.

Either way, they taught his family to trust the government to always do the wrong thing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Did you?
View Quote
Why yes, yes I do.

Since you seemed to have missed it let me go over it for you.

Here in GD on AR15.com we have some real dumbasses. We have some people that think you should be able to physically assault someone that was talking to a person other then you without any worry of the other persons defending themselves against a further violent attack. These people seem to believe that if a person is the victim of the fore mentioned violence and he uses justifiable force to stop further violence he should be arrested and charged with a crime.

We also have people ( some in both groups) that want us to live in a police state. A place where it’s just fine for the kings men to stop you and ask for your papers when you have done nothing illegal. People that think it’s just fine for those kings men to kill you because you fought back when they assaulted you.

What both of these kinds of people have in common is a hate and fear of those that will stand up for themselves against the animals and the government. They are so afraid that if they make waves they will draw attention from the kings men and lose what little freedom they have left and they are much too stupid to realize that just by feeling that way they have already given their freedom away.

People don’t think freedom be scary like it is but it do

Now, since I seemed to have missed your point will you please explain it to me?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think she got lucky that the person was an SC. To me he is lawfully resisting an unlawful detention.
View Quote
How do you feel about the shelter telling him he couldn't leave after he wouldn't show ID?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I agree 100% in this case.

When he attempted to take the cops taser, things went pear shaped.  The whole deal was exacerbated by the incorrect actions of the police.  It shouldn't have happened in the first place and wouldn't have if they had followed their own laws.

EDIT:  That said, Sovereign citizenship is not something that I support.
View Quote
Perhaps she was such a shit show that they sent her to work there to avoid problems.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Except that, as I read Alabama Law, and I am by no means an Alabama Lawyer so you should take that FWIW, which is almost nothing, it may legally justify the SC's actions.

Obviously, you're correct that the smarter thing to do would have been to not resist and solve the problem later in Court.  Much better than taking a bullet to the liver.

Once the officer steps outside of the law, the officer has no reason to detain a suspect and no more legal protection than Joe-Six-Pack.  It is very arguable that this officer went outside the law...so... whoops.

Based on what I see here on the internet from the comfort of my air-conditioned office and without any connection to any of the parties and devoid of any possibility of political blow-back.. I probably would have made a different charging decision.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my take on it....I think the detention over the ID was bullshit, but that doesn't justify him in trying to take / possibly use the taser.

At the end of the day, it all comes back to....the side of the road is not the time to fight with the police.  If they do something out of line, you fight them in court.
Except that, as I read Alabama Law, and I am by no means an Alabama Lawyer so you should take that FWIW, which is almost nothing, it may legally justify the SC's actions.

Obviously, you're correct that the smarter thing to do would have been to not resist and solve the problem later in Court.  Much better than taking a bullet to the liver.

Once the officer steps outside of the law, the officer has no reason to detain a suspect and no more legal protection than Joe-Six-Pack.  It is very arguable that this officer went outside the law...so... whoops.

Based on what I see here on the internet from the comfort of my air-conditioned office and without any connection to any of the parties and devoid of any possibility of political blow-back.. I probably would have made a different charging decision.  
While you may be right on the law, it seems like a very fine line to walk.....ie, what level for force is someone allowed to use against an unlawful detention and does it change if that person is a police officer?  I'm obviously not smart enough to know the answer from a legal standpoint, but my guess is this guys family is about to get a payday.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#21]
What kind of animal shelter has a cop working there?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
FIFY
Freudian slip. Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm going to guess the female cop thought she was going to taze him.

Oops wrong weapon!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Holy crap. Sovereign citizens are tools, and I enjoy watching them get owned. This was bad. He made the situation worse, but I don't see any justification for the detention. Therefore bad shoot.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What kind of animal shelter has a cop working there?
View Quote
The one where they send the bottom barrel diversity quota cop to work at? Now they have to defend her actions, and make worse arguments than the sovereigns lol
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A contact shot in the middle of a melee seems like a stupid idea in general, let alone on a guy who isn't armed.  Why do cops even carry tasers if all they do is lose them in the melee with the suspect?
View Quote
I think the other officer provided a sufficient backstop to limit danger to the public if the shot overpenetrated the guy being detained.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'll take the ride to jail and sue them.
View Quote
We can carpool....because I'd make the same choice.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

People lie about who they are. Shocking, isn't it?
View Quote
Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime. Right? I bet you live by those words. I think you're retired leo, hopefully. Leo's now can thank you and your generation for the current stigma and stereotypes levied at them by many. Reading your responses in all of these threads clearly demonstrates and delineates exactly what's wrong with blind allegiance.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Did she think that she'd grabbed her tazer? Or maybe thought he'd grabbed a gun from one of the cops?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'll take the ride to jail and sue them.
View Quote
You win. That's the right answer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Freudian slip. Sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
FIFY
Freudian slip. Sorry.
Meh. No need to apologize. Some folks here enjoy twisting words to defend unreasonable actions. I agree with your argument whole-heartedly.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It’s a dupe.  First topic has the video.

Retards and assholes all around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cliff notes?
It’s a dupe.  First topic has the video.

Retards and assholes all around.
Link
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Video-of-fatal-police-shooting-involving-sovereign-citizen/5-2138317/
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I’ll go with bad shoot and she through she drew her taxer.

Luckily one of the kids weren’t hit too given the angle
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quota hire doing quota hire stuff.
At what point does picking up a stray dog and taking it to a shelter for care make someone a " sovereign citizen " ?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Suspicion of suspicion is never enough.

There must be reasonable articulable suspicion of an actual crime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Confrontational/suspicious activity doesn't warrant a request for ID?

If "six of ten" is 6/10=60%, the "suspicion of suspicion" is 100%.  That is articulable and it is math.

To argue otherwise is just a hatred of math.

And, you know who hates math?  Women.

Don't be a woman. [/case]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I think the other officer provided a sufficient backstop to limit danger to the public if the shot overpenetrated the guy being detained.
View Quote
You may be right.  I may have to alter my response on the other thread about this scenario and the danger to innocent bystanders.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Are you now, or have you ever been a cave-man lawyer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Confrontational/suspicious activity doesn't warrant a request for ID?

If "six of ten" is 6/10=60%, the "suspicion of suspicion" is 100%.  That is articulable and it is math.

To argue otherwise is just a hatred of math.

And, you know who hates math?  Women.

Don't be a woman. [/case]
Are you now, or have you ever been a cave-man lawyer?
My former boss, and long time climbing, partner was a lawyer, and we once sat festered in a snow cave for ten consecutive days.

So, upon reflection, all of the nouns seem to be correct, so I'm just not sure if a simple "no" is an entirely truthful response.  I think "math monkey" is the most accurate description of my role for those guys.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think it justifies it. The man was Assaulted, the fact that the person doing it wore a uniform doesn’t change that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Bad detention, bad shoot.  That being said, act like a 'tard, don't get upset when the window doesn't taste so good.

Neither female needs to be a cop, ever again.  I would have let the dude drive away, pulled him over for driving without a license and then found a reason to tow his car and really make him a free man, wandering along the land.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Fat "muh authority" cop belongs in a cell. Like, forever.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Life lesson.

Never pick up stray dogs because the government will kill you over it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#47]

She gets to play the disability card.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Bad detention, bad shoot.  That being said, act like a 'tard, don't get upset when the window doesn't taste so good.

Neither female needs to be a cop, ever again.  I would have let the dude drive away, pulled him over for driving without a license and then found a reason to tow his car and really make him a free man, wandering along the land.
View Quote
Ah, but there's still that nagging element of probable cause to be dealt with to justify the traffic stop...though it might be likely that the dead fellow's belief system might have gone as far as him "sticking it to the man" via a lack of vehicle maintenance that resulted in no attempt to have a safety inspection.  But...since Alabama doesn't appear to require an annual safety inspection, you'd better hope that license plate light is out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ah, but there's still that nagging element of probable cause to be dealt with to justify the traffic stop...though it might be likely that the dead fellow's belief system might have gone as far as him "sticking it to the man" via a lack of vehicle maintenance that resulted in no attempt to have a safety inspection.  But...since Alabama doesn't appear to require an annual safety inspection, you'd better hope that license plate light is out.
View Quote
If someone tells me they don't have a DL and then they go get in a car and drive away, I have reasonable suspicion that the driver is unlicensed and committing a crime.  Good detention.  I can see requiring ID to drop off a dog.  That ID doesn't have to be a DL, though.  Passport, verbal ID with other info, etc.  This was a meeting with Erica CArtman, police sergeant, and Willy the Sovereign Idjit, with predictable results.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
your reading skills are impeccable. It clearly says that the Alabama officer shot and killed a sovereign citizen. Not an officer was shot and killed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Complicated story, simple analysis: man dead after collision of assholes.

Thread title is incorrect. Officer was not shot.
your reading skills are impeccable. It clearly says that the Alabama officer shot and killed a sovereign citizen. Not an officer was shot and killed.
Alabama officer shot, killed sovereign citizen; video released

He does have a point. The thread title is extremely unclear, and reads like shit. It should say:

"Sovereign citizen shot and killed by Alabama Police Officer."

If he reached for the taser, he got what he asked for.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top