User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 108
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:43:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So he's hooked on being mocked as well.

You atheists provide a valuable service without realizing it.
View Quote
Nah, he just can't control his mouth.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Romans 8

12So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons [6] of God. 15For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17and if children, then l heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. 23And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? 25But if we hope for what we do not see, we a wait for it with patience.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he's hooked on being mocked as well.

You atheists provide a valuable service without realizing it.
You're angry because *you* can't  control his mouth.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're angry because *you* can't  control his mouth.
View Quote
Quite opposite, that's fun part.  Plus he draws all the heat from the management.  Every manager needs a punching bag, there he is.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome God - Hillsong United
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If it were proven true, it wouldn't be a faith based religion. If he came from the sky and told you he exists, it would defeat the point.
View Quote
What exactly is the point? To have faith?

Why do you insist that faith is a virtue?
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it were proven true, it wouldn't be a faith based religion. If he came from the sky and told you he exists, it would defeat the point.

Because it is. What would a fighting force look like if the individuals don't have faith their buddies will perform as one? Every man for himself?
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Because it is. What would a fighting force look like if the individuals don't have faith their buddies will perform as one? Every man for himself?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not the same kind of faith.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have been going through a gauntlet of trials as well. God is good. Thank you for this thread, Old Army!

‘Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with
My righteous right hand.’
Isaiah 41:10
View Quote
Amen brother.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Aaron Shust - Ever Be (Official Lyric Video)
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
That’s a good song.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got that right. The God kind is the best kind.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it is, little guy.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
All day, everyday.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sure it is, little guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it is, little guy.
I am little. God is big. I ask God what to do. If I don't ask, He won't tell me. Then I get into trouble.

You just keep playing king of the universe, though. I hope it works out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I am little. God is big. I ask God what to do. If I don't ask, He won't tell me. Then I get into trouble.

View Quote
How Big?
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it is, little guy.

So...do you hear God talking to you?
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think, deep down, you know this isn't really true.  But, you do you.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
We have pills to treat that condition now.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just went to pray in the hospital chapel and some woman was using it as her private lounge talking obnoxiously loud on her phone. I ain't even mad, I can pray in the waiting area just as well.
View Quote
I would have tolerated a quiet conversation, but given your description I'd have politely told her to leave and find a Starbucks. The chapel is supposed to be a place where one can try to obtain some peace of mind. If she refused to quiet down or leave, I'd notify Hospital Security, and I'm pretty sure they would handle it from there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, it is of the same origin.
That is, if God Almighty has created all things.
Jesus, Himself, made the definite claim that the Scriptures
could not be broken.
I find all of His teachings reliable, steadfast, and the way that it is..
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#22]
"If you have understanding, then hear this: Listen to what I have to say.
Could one who hates justice govern the world?
Will you condemn the Righteous One (or God or Elohim), who says to a king,
"Worthless man!"
and to Nobles (or important men), "Wicked men!"?

God is not partial to princes and does not favor the rich over the poor, for they are
all the work of His hands.
They die suddenly in the middle of the night (or at the end of physical life); people shudder
and then pass away.

Even the mighty are removed
without effort.

For His (or God's) eyes watch over a man's ways, and He observes (or examines) all his steps."

The Old Testament Book or Archaic Scroll of JOB
Chapter 34/10-21: The God Who Witnesses All
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't lie. Not to you, myself, or God.

Truthfulness is just one of the many things separating people who are held to a set of high moral standards from those who aren't.

It's called integrity. Look it up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#24]
From Romans 1

28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:09:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't lie. Not to you, myself, or God.

Truthfulness is just one of the many things separating people who are held to a set of high moral standards from those who aren't.

It's called integrity. Look it up.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#26]
“The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them.”
??Genesis? ?3:21? ?NASB??
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Is the World Actually Getting Better?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#28]

For post 6500
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:30:54 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
Congrats bro!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:09:35 AM EDT
[#30]
"So remember, that at one time you were Gentiles (or ones who could not fully participate in the assembly as a matter of birth)
in the flesh----called "the uncircumcised," done by hand in the flesh (or not circumcised on the eighth day as to be made clean by the law).
And, at that time you were without the Messiah (or the Chosen One, or Christ), excluded from the citizenship of Israel, and foreigners
to the covenants of promise, without hope (and for you), there was no hope and without God in the world.

But, now in Christ Jesus (Messiah), you who were far away had been brought near by the blood of the Messiah.

For, He is our peace, who made both groups one and then tore down the dividing wall of hostility.
Therefore, in His flesh, He did away with the law of the commandments according to strict regulation, so that He
might create in Himself one new man from the two, thus resulting in peace.

He did this so that He might reconcile both to God (or God the Father or One) in one body through the cross and then put hostility
to death because of it.
Because when Christ came (or came in the flesh as God with us), He proclaimed the good news of peace to you who were far away and peace
to those also who were near.

For through Him, we both have access by one Spirit (or by the all knowing Spirit of God) directly to the Father.

Now, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with the saints, and members of God's household,
built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself, as the chief and greatest cornerstone.
Therefore, the whole building is being fitted together in Him (or by His supreme and enduring power) and is growing into a holy sanctuary
in the Lord, in who you also are being built together for God's dwelling in the Spirit."

The New Testament Book and Epistle of Ephesians
Chapter 2/11-22: Unity in Christ/Spirit of our Salvation
Teaching of the Apostle Paul
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:57:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 3:00:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Faith, is not like instantly planting a tree and then expecting it to yield its harvest the very next day
or even shortly there after.
It has been installed by the Creator in us, in order to at one juncture, supernaturally, allow one to have the ability, breadth,
and the width of knowing about potentially anything with supernatural understanding, given through the Spirit of God as promised
as a down payment, now according to our salvation, now self aware, because He is now active and generating His power from within.
At His direction, and discipline for ourselves, because these manifestations are attributed to God's absolute power, which for now,
is fully beyond scientific understanding and by its method, or even by the laws of nature in some cases, as some situations may call for.

In other words, possibilities that have been made into promises for our definite success, that will and must be, as it lines up correctly
by the word of God; our precious and everlasting standard which is eternal and fully reliable.
The point of faith after success, now at a higher level of realization because of it, a substance, is mainly knowing now without a doubt
that God truly loves and provides for you, and thus knows you by the Son, or Christ, and now you know Him by the Son also, who is Jesus Christ.

Without fault, or the reckoning of a death sentence, by the strict interpretation of the law, by God, which I would say that most any person with normal understanding would not want, if it were be be found out by some means to be true.
And even still, when we don't deserve this sort of special services which only God, through His Spirit, can provide, and is fully able to provide, which is always and now God is at peace with us, which opens new horizons for us, without strife, now with the Spirit of God embedded which is able to do all things, which are universal concerning God's own creation which is limitless, and has no end.
So with God helping us, and promoting us along at His direction, patience, and exceptionally good will towards us, we now have a confirmation concerning His sure existence in our lives.
Because now, we also know that we have been reconciled back to Him, or have been included by Christ's blood, eternally with us now, "in Him,".
In other words, with no end, just like Jesus, and thus no second death or suffering spiritual decay for eternity, as it has been written
concerning the transgressor.

So then, if true, and always holding living water for us, and in us, then it looks as if you just may be woefully out of your depth here concerning your own future.
Maybe concerning a few others in here also.
Some of us are not playing games about what we believe, and know.
There is no sound logical reason to ultimately come to nothing.
This is how He reads and navigates in our lives.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Wisdom, what is it?

I consider myself to be well read. I'll say that after studying and reading a great deal of things in my life, there is no wisdom greater than what is found in the words of Jesus and also within the pages of the Bible.

Jesus is the single most important and influential person in all of human history. His impact on the world is greater than anyone else by far.

The things he did, said, and performed in front of thousands were all beyond achievable by any man.

He is The Son of the God. The Messiah. The Christ. In John 10:30 Jesus said "I and my Father are one."

It cannot be denied.

Jesus is waiting for you to come home.

Jesus Of Nazareth (Quote 7/10) - A Story
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#34]
John 9:39-41
And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also? Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

There are some blind people in this thread and only Jesus can give them sight.

Just As I Am, Without One Plea

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That’s a good song.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That’s a good song.
It is a good song.
They are all good songs.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, what would this condition be called?
That is, if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#37]
3 Reasons Some Don't See Evidence for God
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#38]
A Psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd,

I shall not want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;

He leads me beside quiet waters.

3 He restores my soul;

He guides me in the paths of righteousness

For His name’s sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I fear no evil, for You are with me;

Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

You have anointed my head with oil;

My cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,

And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#39]
One question: Who has seen God, for real, not metaphorically.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have seen His works for real, but never had a personal encounter with Him except from within.
This is the thing.

The thing that you really want to know is who will take the bait on this one.
However, the Christian Bible speaks of God directly encountering Biblical persons such as Moses, very possibly Jacob,
who would latter be renamed Israel, and King Solomon on two occasions, and Abraham.

Sarah, Abraham's wife, declared that they had seen God and lived.
Jesus Christ, however spoke of the unbelieving saying that they always ask for a sign.
Even though He had performed miracles such as healing the sick and other things such as multiplying food stuffs, transfiguration, and so forth,
still would ask questions of Him to bring charges on Him, and finally did, because He was then, and still is now, the God of heaven
as He always has been.
Not some religious con artist, like the ones who were trying to do Him in.

So the people would say," let Him show us a sign and we then will believe."
But, Jesus told His disciples that no sign would be given except the sign of last ditch evangelism as Jonah did, and not willingly at first.
And so Jonah ran from God, but not for long to his horror.

I know that there are things in deep space, invisible matter, that top scientists say that it is certainly there.
Personally, I have never experienced these things, but through science they claim that some of these things are existent all the same.
The obvious truth about some of this though, is that God is not for everyone, because not everyone will inherit the kingdom of God which is totally Biblical.
If not, everyone then would be automatically accepted.
Some of these matters can be quite complicated as well as of a very serious nature.
I have not seen this in you yet.

The Bible plainly states that your own words, or what comes out of your mouth, will either convict you or acquit you.

So, according to this, then you may have some work and disciplining to do before anything else of real value may be presented.
Besides, these things, the deeper and more complicated things according to the kingdom of God appear to be out of you reach at this time.
I don't think for a minute that there are some here who wish it were different.
But, hopefully, this could change and I hope that it does.
I really can't take very seriously your questions at this time either.

I mean, according to what you have done to derail some of the Christian things which have been presented so far.
And, I sincerely hope that this will change too.
Your tactics so far only show insincerity and disruption up to now.
So what further should I say?
That your going to continue to do so?
If I had to bet on it, I'm almost sure that I would go home a winner.
And I can and will I assure you.
Sound like a challenge?
Not really, just an continuing observation in which you probably relish in anyway.
But, this isn't chicken or frivolous either.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks!
I think that this video was way overdue.
In my estimation, it is correct.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sorry, but this question really doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Unless the general #2 definition of the word, "figuratively," comes into play, and this is what you are talking about..
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sorry, but this question really doesn't make a lot of sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's asking if any of your have seen God. Directly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually he asked "Who has seen God, for real, not metaphorically".

Christians prescribe deity to Jesus as God incarnate, so the answer is, a LOT of people.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Christians prescribe deity to Jesus as God incarnate, so the answer is, a LOT of people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Christ was seen and witnessed by many people including some of the miraculous things that He performed for others.
It is reported that at least 500 people, probably more like 1,500-2,000 people saw Him ascend into the kingdom of God.
A Roman Centurion who witnessed the crucifixion of Christ, did declare that Jesus was, " truly the Son of God".
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like only happened metaphorically, for the rest of the normal people's concern.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#47]
I implore you to please watch this sermon and then pray. Repent and ask Jesus into your heart.

The Great White Throne Judgement
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ was seen and witnessed by many people including some of the miraculous things that He performed for others.
It is reported that at least 500 people, probably more like 1,500-2,000 people saw Him ascend into the kingdom of God.
A Roman Centurion who witnessed the crucifixion of Christ, did declare that Jesus was, " truly the Son of God".
View Quote
How credible were these "witnesses"?  How did they even know what Kingdom of God was?

Was Jesus lighter than air when he ascended?

What kind of propulsion did he use to ascend?

He has blood in his body, right?  Does he breath air?

Does he eat, drink, pee?

Is he effected by gravity?

Where is he now?  Outer space?  Location?

Does he travel faster than light?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I implore you to please watch this sermon and then pray. Repent and ask Jesus into your heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WttHEoX3ZoI
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#50]
He's just trolling.
Page / 108
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top