Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 12:32:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Gut vom Glück und hoffen Sie Sie rasches Ausweichen die Exfrau

According to Altavista, but I don't speak German so I hope somebody can give it the okay.

Ice
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice try, ice, but web translators SUCK! (That's why I still have work as a German translator! :^) )

How'bout this:

"Also, viel Glück, und ich hoffe, dass Du der Verflossenen ausweichst."

Also, man mailt sich,
fünfundneunzigstes Fussregiment.... :^)

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]
All your bases are belong to us! Does this translation sound familiar? Better find a real kraut if you want it done right.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ultima ratio:
95th Foot is right! But I would translate ex-wife with Ex-Frau. "Verflossene" doesn't mean that you have been maried. Could have been your girl-friend. And the "Also" at the beginning is not necessary. Why not "dodge YOUR ex-wife"?

"Viel Glück und ich hoffe, daß Du Deiner Ex-Frau ausweichst."

I'm a German (DE means Deutschland)
View Quote

Ya, Das ist richtig.
Wo habben Sie das scharf s gefunden?

Del
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:05:40 AM EDT
[#5]
95th Foot is right! But I would translate ex-wife with Ex-Frau. "Verflossene" doesn't mean that you have been maried. Could have been your girl-friend. And the "Also" at the beginning is not necessary. Why not "dodge YOUR ex-wife"?

"Viel Glück und ich hoffe, daß Du Deiner Ex-Frau nicht begegnest."

I'm a German (DE means Deutschland)
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:11:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry Delmarksman. I correct it - begegnest sounds better.

"scharf s"? Do you mean the "ß" ? It is a key on my computer! together with the "?" I think you don't have it because the English speach doesn't use it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top