Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:27:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Finished Pandora a few days ago.  It was not actually good, and it had plenty of SJW crap in it - but it was oddly compelling so I binged it.  I did not really like the cast changes between season 1 and 2, and really do not know the why (accept probably some of the original cast refused to sign back on - plus they must have realized they did not have enough black characters in season 1).  Main character looked a lot like wonder woman (one before 1984), so she was good eye candy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
recently watched Out Of Nothing

story of some guys that built some motorcycles in their
attempt to set records at Bonneville

pretty interesting

made me think about making the trip on my moto (just to watch)
it's only 9 hours away.
View Quote

Watched it last night. It's a reality show movie, which doesn't make it bad, it's just not in the same vein as The World's Fastest Indian.

It is *very* informative on motorcycle racing at Bonneville  though, and for that reason alone I found it valuable because I love all forms of motor racing and knew nothing about motorcycle racing at Bonneville.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Good documentary about incredibly influential space artist Chesley Bonestell: A Brush With The Future

Life story, lots of closeups of his art, details about composition, method, inspiration.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Charade (1963) is on... decent suspense film without too much 60's hokiness.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Light of my life was alright. It's a survival movie that takes place after most women die from an illness, and a dad is surviving with his little girl. It's clearly a delusional hollywood view point that assumes those without guns have survived, and the little gun use there is is a fudd shotgun. There is some fighting, which is really grappling in the movie, but it's mostly about staying on the move and escape plans.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Light of my life was alright. It's a survival movie that takes place after most women die from an illness, and a dad is surviving with his little girl. It's clearly a delusional hollywood view point that assumes those without guns have survived, and the little gun use there is is a fudd shotgun. There is some fighting, which is really grappling in the movie, but it's mostly about staying on the move and escape plans.
View Quote

with casey affleck right?

imho it was rather lacking. just didn't quite do it...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
watched 'the silencing'...

a drunk former hunter (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) grieving from his missing daughter is in charge of a land sanctuary.

then a dead girl shows up in the preserve...

not the greatest flick, was all over the place and had trouble staying to a concise story. there was a good story to tell in there, but they missed on a lot of opportunity.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#8]
just a heads up guys, as i've been watching a lot of shows in HBOMAX, i started a new streaming thread to discuss other streaming services not covered in the netflix or amazon thread.

enjoy!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-All-Streaming-Services-Thread-Netflix-Amazon-Hulu-HBOMAX-Youtube-/5-2420485/
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't waste your time with The Great Escapists.

Holy crap it's bad.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Holy crap it's bad.
View Quote

I didn’t make it through the first episode
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy crap it's bad.

I didn't even make it 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I didn't even make it 10 minutes.
View Quote

It’s a shame because I like Hammond
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:49:51 AM EDT
[#14]
I have zero interest in it and don't understand why it's being marketed under the Grand Tour blanket. Nah
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Just watched T-34, a Russian film on World War II tank battles (can probably guess that from the title).

It kind of has some of that odd cheesiness that you get from Russian movies, but the movie is mostly just the tank action sequences which are amazing.

The photography and special effects are absolutely top notch and are beyond what I think I have seen in any war or action movie.

A lot of slow motion shots showing the the projectiles penetrating the armor, liquefying it and blowing it through cabin, or skidding along turret peeling it back, etc.

Definitely worth a watch.  Dubbed in English.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just watched T-34, a Russian film on World War II tank battles (can probably guess that from the title).

It kind of has some of that odd cheesiness that you get from Russian movies, but the movie is mostly just the tank action sequences which are amazing.

The photography and special effects are absolutely top notch and are beyond what I think I have seen in any war or action movie.

A lot of slow motion shots showing the the projectiles penetrating the armor, liquefying it and blowing it through cabin, or skidding along turret peeling it back, etc.

View Quote

Just watched this.  Great movie!  Thanks for the recommendation.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
watched 'the silencing'...

a drunk former hunter (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) grieving from his missing daughter is in charge of a land sanctuary.

then a dead girl shows up in the preserve...

not the greatest flick, was all over the place and had trouble staying to a concise story. there was a good story to tell in there, but they missed on a lot of opportunity.
View Quote

There were some plot holes. Not great. Not terrible.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Oats Studios: Volume 1.  A collection of short tales, kinda reminds me of Love, Death, Robots.  The cooking shorts were definitely strange......
View Quote

Watched a few shorts so far, it's definitely interesting.  I dig the post apocalyptic teowiki vibe
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

x3. Watched it last night. If anyone can recommend a better 'tank movie' I'd like to see it.

Watched "The Illusionist" several days back. Great ensemble cast with Edward Norton, Paul Giamatti, Jude Law, and Jessica Biel. It's of great pleasure watching several top actors on their game in one movie.

It's available free with ads on prime. I watched it on filmrise.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:16:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Abominable and Island Zero are decent creature features.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:53:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Fukushima Robots in Hell.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exceptional review!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Late Phases: Night if the Lone Wolf

Decent werewolf flick

Dark Was the Night is another good monster movie
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Overall I have to say avoid Too Old To Die Young.  (Corrupt cop collides with a cartel)  The cinematography is always gorgeous, lots of LA neon noir and Mexican hades, but it was deadly slow and after a few episodes got super gay and sexually deviant at times, no offense to gays.  Then it would look awesome again and deliver a hot chick and top quality violence, then it would get super weird again or spend 20 minutes just panning across a wet car hood at night.  The director Nicolas Winding Refn made the movie Drive (Ryan Gosling as a sociopathic getaway driver), which I really liked, but he had absolutely zero restraint making this series.  There are quite a few great scenes in it, but they are a real chore to get to.  Needs a fan edit by a semi-normal person, cut at least 25% out.  Episodes are long too, 90 minutes or so.

The soundtrack was really good, like 999 - Homicide, at the birthday party  
All the classic shit the black drug dealer listened to with the volume at 11, like Prince Buster - 10 Commandments
Mostly it sounded like Blade Runner 2049, but as if Vangelis was sneaking up on you with a machete.  If you're into that skim this playlist: TOTDY Soundtrack
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#26]
They Call me Bruce (1982) is on Prime.
Critical documentary on the lighter side of Bruce Lee.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:52:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Overall I have to say avoid Too Old To Die Young.  (Corrupt cop collides with a cartel)  The cinematography is always gorgeous, lots of LA neon noir and Mexican hades, but it was deadly slow and after a few episodes got super gay and sexually deviant at times, no offense to gays.  Then it would look awesome again and deliver a hot chick and top quality violence, then it would get super weird again or spend 20 minutes just panning across a wet car hood at night.  The director Nicolas Winding Refn made the movie Drive (Ryan Gosling as a sociopathic getaway driver), which I really liked, but he had absolutely zero restraint making this series.  There are quite a few great scenes in it, but they are a real chore to get to.  Needs a fan edit by a semi-normal person, cut at least 25% out.  Episodes are long too, 90 minutes or so.

The soundtrack was really good, like 999 - Homicide, at the birthday party  
All the classic shit the black drug dealer listened to with the volume at 11, like Prince Buster - 10 Commandments
Mostly it sounded like Blade Runner 2049, but as if Vangelis was sneaking up on you with a machete.  If you're into that skim this playlist: TOTDY Soundtrack
View Quote
He also directed the opaque Only God Forgives.

He is an Auteur...the real deal, but you gotta want to watch it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#28]
---
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I watched that.   Kinda disappointed there were only 3 (?) robots.   But I could follow the evolution and necessity of what they did and why.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
"Handle with care".
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They Call me Bruce (1982) is on Prime.
Critical documentary on the lighter side of Bruce Lee.
View Quote

“These are my chopsticks”
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Watched the newest Stargate movie on prime last weekend, Stargate Origins. Worth a watch if you are a diehard fan of Stargate like I am, but, not very good. I am glad I watched it finally, but doubt I ever rewatch it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Watched the newest Stargate movie on prime last weekend, Stargate Origins. Worth a watch if you are a diehard fan of Stargate like I am, but, not very good. I am glad I watched it finally, but doubt I ever rewatch it.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#35]
We Were Soldiers, Gladiator, and Tropic Thunder.  Kinda funny Tropic Thunder was recently added considering what month it is.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Is Alias with Garner any good?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

ALIAS: What was wrong with the black one?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Counterpart
The Connection
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Counterpart
The Connection
View Quote

Reviews?
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Supervized

with Lloyd Bridges and Louis Gossett jr is not bad.
The ending is predictable but all in all the movie has its boomer moments.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#41]
The Rhythm Section (2020) Blake Lively/Jude Law. Has some gun shooting in it, this is where the Rhythm Section's title originates. Blake Lively brings some reality to her role as a wannabe revenge-driven assassin (no skills at all). But overall, though semi-realistic, the movie just failed to excite me. 2 out of 4 stars.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The Rhythm Section (2020) Blake Lively/Jude Law. Has some gun shooting in it, this is where the Rhythm Section's title originates. Blake Lively brings some reality to her role as a wannabe revenge-driven assassin (no skills at all). But overall, though semi-realistic, the movie just failed to excite me. 2 out of 4 stars.
View Quote

The Russian “shoot me” training moment didn’t help it, either.  I did find it interesting that it was produced by Barbara Broccoli.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#43]
We Were Soldiers is up! It's one of those I watch whenever I stumble upon it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Wind River if it hasn’t been mentioned yet.  Train to Busan is good.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wind River if it hasn't been mentioned yet.  Train to Busan is good.
View Quote
Has anyone seen the sequel Peninsula?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Road to Perdition
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a cheesy spy show from the 90's can you handle that? I liked it because she's one of my favorite of all times. It definitely gets weirder as it goes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would give it 1 out of 4 stars.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#49]
just watched 'bliss' with salma hayek and owen wilson.

don't want to give too much away, but it's an interesting take on a common subject matter.

owen wilson starts off by having a bad day at his office, then meets hayek at a bar across the street.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Joe (2013)

Great movie with Nic Cage starring as an ex-con running a tree killing crew in Texas. The acting is good by everyone involved, but the performance that really stands out is given by Gary Poulter playing Wade, the alcoholic father of the kid who Cage's character hires.

Poulter was a street performer hired to do this film while homeless and living on the streets of Austin. This is his only film performance, and always will be. He was found dead near a Texas reservoir before the film was released.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top