Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Have we reviewed The Dawns are Always Quiet Here?
WWII in the East with Eastern bloc bewbies.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Richard Hammond Meets Evel Knievel

The Hamster takes a look back at Evel's life and last year (was filmed in 2007, the year he died)
View Quote

I met Evel Kneivel at the Butte Montana Harley/Kawasaki dealership in 2003 or 2004.  It was Sturgis week and Everyone was outside for a raffle or something.  I walked in and there’s Evel sitting on a bench.  He shook my hand and said “you’ve been riding” (it was the fourth day of a five day ride up to Glacier NP).  He had a surprisingly strong handshake for an old guy in poor health.  We talked a little then the crowd started to come back inside, and he said something like “most of these clowns brought their bikes on trailer”.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was really surprised, Time Trap was actually really good. Some parts were a little predictable. The descriptions of 0-100 towards the end are pretty accurate.
View Quote

I think that's on Netflix?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Since no one likes to read & everyone loves Amazon, watch this.

The Revolutionary - Sidney Rittenberg

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have analyzed the relevant parts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Fist of Fury. Still awesome 48yrs later.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:01:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Venus.

Now I know at least I'm not an idiot for the inability to understand women.

That doesn't mean I'm a genius, or that I understand women after having watched this movie.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#10]
counterpart is pretty good.  similar feel to fringe which the wife and i enjoyed very much.

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 2:01:22 AM EDT
[#11]
BRAWL IN CELLBLOCK 99 is better than I expected for a movie I’d never heard of.  Vince Vaughn and Don Johnson.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BRAWL IN CELLBLOCK 99 is better than I expected for a movie I’d never heard of.  Vince Vaughn and Don Johnson.
View Quote

It's a fave in here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:03:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Watched BONE TOMAHAWK again.  The broke leg guy’s revolver is a Merwin & Hulbert, I would love to find one in shootable condition.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Unlocked with Noomi Rapace was pretty good.

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sauna scene FTW-redhead has an epic rack.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#16]
These two are subtitled, but worth it:

Warsaw 44 The uprising by Polish rebels against the German occupation of Warsaw in 1944, betrayed and left to die by Stalin.  Wicked urban fighting, very realistic combat.  Plenty of war crimes, quite horrific.  Occasionally they inserted some modern music and brief fantasy trips that seem out of place, but I forgive that.

A Breath Away Near future Paris, two parents are trapped in a top floor apartment by a thick cloud of poison gases released by an earthquake, due to a chronic disease their daughter is caught several floors below the surface of the cloud in their apartment in her filtered medical bubble running on emergency batteries.  The disaster sounds meh in my description, but they do a fine job selling it as a threat.  Very good special effects and acting.  Zero SJW, plenty of old school heart and values. It's got a lot of survival problem solving, which I like.

Also subtitled, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it, The Girl In The Fog is a mixed bag.  Italian detective manipulates/cooperates with tabloid press and fakes evidence to catch a rural kidnapper, or maybe just to falsely accuse a man and advance his career.  It was shaping up really, really good but fumbled the ball at the end.  The audience is denied the confrontation they were waiting for and a transparent and unnecessary twist is thrown down instead.  The suspect and detective are both great, but the ending spoils it.  The movie also spends a ton of time talking about a fundamentalist church that turns out to be totally irrelevant to the plot without it even being properly developed as misdirection.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
These two are subtitled, but worth it:

Warsaw 44 The uprising by Polish rebels against the German occupation of Warsaw in 1944, betrayed and left to die by Stalin.  Wicked urban fighting, very realistic combat.  Plenty of war crimes, quite horrific.  Occasionally they inserted some modern music and brief fantasy trips that seem out of place, but I forgive that.

A Breath Away Near future Paris, two parents are trapped in a top floor apartment by a thick cloud of poison gases released by an earthquake, due to a chronic disease their daughter is caught several floors below the surface of the cloud in their apartment in her filtered medical bubble running on emergency batteries.  The disaster sounds meh in my description, but they do a fine job selling it as a threat.  Very good special effects and acting.  Zero SJW, plenty of old school heart and values. It's got a lot of survival problem solving, which I like.

Also subtitled, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it, The Girl In The Fog is a mixed bag.  Italian detective manipulates/cooperates with tabloid press and fakes evidence to catch a rural kidnapper, or maybe just to falsely accuse a man and advance his career.  It was shaping up really, really good but fumbled the ball at the end.  The audience is denied the confrontation they were waiting for and a transparent and unnecessary twist is thrown down instead.  The suspect and detective are both great, but the ending spoils it.  The movie also spends a ton of time talking about a fundamentalist church that turns out to be totally irrelevant to the plot without it even being properly developed as misdirection.
View Quote

Just got done watching Warsaw 44 based on your recommendation. Quite the intimate look at a particularly brutal type of war we don't hear much about. I liked it. A unique and very well done movie.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#20]
15 Minutes of War

Based on the 1976 Somali rebel hijacking of a school bus filled with French children. Good movie that stars the beautiful Olga Kurylenko as a school teacher. She's pretty.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Just watched Jungle.

Pretty good survival story.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:37:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Oats Studios: Volume 1.  A collection of short tales, kinda reminds me of Love, Death, Robots.  The cooking shorts were definitely strange......
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Some of you have really shitty taste in movies.  I watched "Party on Cellblock 99", and "Bone Tomahawk" based on suggestions... they were both terrible

Want some good flicks...

Peanut Butter Falcon
Hillbilly Elegy (Netflix)
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:56:58 AM EDT
[#24]
The Man from Nowhere is my favorite, Korean movie with subtitles. Great action and a great story. The Raid 2 was also good, loved the vicious fight scenes.

Watched Ninja Assassin on Netflix last week. Its a Hollywood movie with great special effects & fights, English language. That little trailer Netflix shows makes it look like a cheap kung fu movie. It's an awesome movie though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:02:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Some of you have really shitty taste in movies.  I watched "Party on Cellblock 99", and "Bone Tomahawk" based on suggestions... they were both terrible

Want some good flicks...

Peanut Butter Falcon
View Quote

Brawl in Cell Block 99 was low budget but I enjoyed the gory beatdowns he put on everyone lol.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Just got done with El Candidato. I liked it more than Zero Zero Zero! Despite the title, it's mostly in English. Good story, decent action scenes and hot, glorious, bare boobies

El Candidato - Tráiler oficial | Amazon Prime Video
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Some of you have really shitty taste in movies.  
View Quote

this is arfcom after all...
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I concur.  How anyone can watch 3 subtitles movies is nuts.  I HATE reading a movie.
Cell block was a few years ago on NF.
AZ has like 4 or 5 things to watch & when your done your left like WTF now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I concur.  How anyone can watch 3 subtitles movies is nuts.  I HATE reading a movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Amazon is better than any movie service. I've tried all of them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:56:55 AM EDT
[#30]
It isn’t Prime, but free on Xfinity, an awesome foreign film called Room in Rome. Looks like an IFC film and you might find it no charge if you look around.

Two very hotties naked the whole time. Damn.

Attachment Attached File

ETA:
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Jungle

I was hoping the jungle would eat those whiny, moronic, meatbags to end the misery. The movie changed in a flash after the painful first hour. Definitely worth the watch.

It's a true story.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's been mentioned here before, but I finally got around to watching it today
(I have to be in the mood to sit through a movie and read sub titiles)

Warsaw 44
(it's in Polish with English subtitles)

Worth watching, IMHO  a story that needs to be told (not the 'love story' inside it), and I'm pretty sure there
are others that need told as well... it wasn't just the Allies fighting the Germans in the ETO.
Lots of weapons of both sides employed.. I noticed they used a PIAT (how did they get that in Poland?)
and I could swear I saw an M1 Carbine in one shot.. and was that a 1911 or some other JMB copy?. lend lease stuff? OSS?

For eye candy, I liked Kama (Anna Próchniak),
the mom (Zofia Wichlacz) and the other friend (Zofia Wichlacz) of Anna were okay..
View Quote

The Radom looks like a 1911.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm watching it now.

"You are a dangerous man, captain. And your president is mad."

"Yes sir"

The whole movie is highly entertaining, but the palace invasion is a cut above. That is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm watching it now.

"Yes sir"

The whole movie is highly entertaining, but the palace invasion is a cut above. That is awesome.
View Quote
Were you aiming at the Wind and the Lion thread?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm watching it now.

"Yes sir"

HAH!!

yes
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:42:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Watching Texas Rising right now.  Not sure how long I can tolerate it.  Sam Houston camping in the Mountains of Gonzales really pissed me of.  Historical accounts talk about a bluff in the battle of Gonzales.  I grew up near Gonzales - pretty sure the tallest bluff is about 20'.  Fucking mountains - damn it can they not even bother to look at a fucking map?  

For what it is worth, while there are shallow rolling hills near Gonzales - for the most part the land near the river is a pretty damn flat valley.  Kind of why the area was settled first - access to water and decent farmland.  East of Gonzales a few miles is the Live Oak Escarpment.  Taller rolling hills, but no fucking cliffs and mountains.  Largest hill might be 100-200' with that rise over 1/2 mile.  Hardly enough incline to notice while walking.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:49:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Bombshell was on tonight.  Not a bad movie.   Plenty of decent ass.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Watching Texas Rising right now.  Not sure how long I can tolerate it.  Sam Houston camping in the Mountains of Gonzales really pissed me of.  Historical accounts talk about a bluff in the battle of Gonzales.  I grew up near Gonzales - pretty sure the tallest bluff is about 20'.  Fucking mountains - damn it can they not even bother to look at a fucking map?  

For what it is worth, while there are shallow rolling hills near Gonzales - for the most part the land near the river is a pretty damn flat valley.  Kind of why the area was settled first - access to water and decent farmland.  East of Gonzales a few miles is the Live Oak Escarpment.  Taller rolling hills, but no fucking cliffs and mountains.  Largest hill might be 100-200' with that rise over 1/2 mile.  Hardly enough incline to notice while walking.
View Quote

I only made it to about the third episode. Too much drama, not enough badass Texan activities. And yes, I’m from Wisconsin but I love Texas.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Bombshell was on tonight.  Not a bad movie.   Plenty of decent ass.
View Quote

is it way anti-fox/conservative?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Want some good flicks...

Peanut Butter Falcon
View Quote

I've seen Bone Tomahawk, it's different for sure.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#43]
i've mentioned it before, but since we all have so much time to pass, all four seasons of Mr. Robot are available to stream.

imho this is one of the best shows to air in recent time. excellent cast, storytelling, characters, it's a great series.

in short, it's about a team of hackers who want to take down the biggest corporation in the world... but that synopsis doesn't do the show justice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Solomon Kane, a 16th century good vs evil horror story about a man with a violent past who is searching for redemption. Good flick.

The Family Man, an Amazon original series made in India following an Indian agent in an Indian anti terrorism unit. He's trying to juggle family with secretive and demanding work. A great dramedy series so far. Highly entertaining. I'm on episode 8 out of ten.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
recently watched Out Of Nothing

story of some guys that built some motorcycles in their
attempt to set records at Bonneville

pretty interesting

made me think about making the trip on my moto (just to watch)
it's only 9 hours away.
View Quote

Will watch, thanks. My favorite motorcycle movie is The World's Fastest Indian. Probably my favorite racing movie as well.

ETA never have seen a race at the salt flats, but have walked out onto them. Incredible place.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
recently watched Out Of Nothing

story of some guys that built some motorcycles in their
attempt to set records at Bonneville

pretty interesting

made me think about making the trip on my moto (just to watch)
it's only 9 hours away.
View Quote

I lived out in Utah when "The Worlds Fastest Indian" movie came out.  My riding buddy rode a Kawasaki Drifter.  We were planning to take his Drifter over there, I'd ride it, and we'd have the worlds fastest Drifter.  But just my luck, it was a wet year and the salt flats didn't dry out enough.

EDIT: Since it's an uncommon bike, this is a 1500 Drifter

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Just watched "Wayne" a one season series (so far) about a Masshole kid trying to right wrongs, but usually gets the crap beat out of him. Pretty good music and a good road trip story.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top