Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2001 8:57:21 PM EDT
Anyone in WA state up for a counter MMM march on the 12th?
I called the Second Amendment Sisters today, they have nothing planed in Washington State for the MMM march in Seattle.

I checked the Washington State TRT webpage, I didn't see anything there either.

I was hoping that we could get around 20-100 people to show up with various flags and banners and just make ourselves be seen.

Video cameras and CCW are optional.

Drop me an email and lets get the ball rolling!

I did the counter MMM march in Tulsa, OK last year, we had a little under 400 people show up.

One Year Later: Million Moms Still Teaching Moms to Neglect Their Children
[url]http://www.sierratimes.com/archive/starticles/2001/mar/nf04-031401.htm[/url]
Source: Million Mom March

(FLI Newswire) Seattle, WA - March 13, 2001 -- As the nation mourns further
loss of life after last week's school shooting in San Diego, local
organizers of the Million Mom March vow to continue their quest for gun
legislation, and announced they will hold their second Mother's Day Weekend
rally at Seattle Center on Saturday, May 12, from 10:00-3:00. Washington's
First Lady, Mona Lee Locke, will serve as Honorary Chair of the rally to
help bring more neglect of our nation's children through stricter gun
control measures.

"Ten children die each day in the U.S. from guns," reports Mrs. Locke. "Many
of these incidents never reach national headlines, but they are nonetheless
tragic. We must continue to push for common sense gun laws until this
terrible trend is reversed."

Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
OK.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#2]
You got mail. Have you posted this elsewhere?

Kyle
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#3]
someone else had the same idea.  just follow the link.

[url]glocktalk.com/docs/gtubb/Forum13/HTML/019166.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Great deal, I check out the link, not too much activity on it.
I'll post to it with this link, together we can make it happen!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't stand that Washington State TRT web page.
I have to shut off all of the filtering stuff and reset my IE settings to allow that crappy html / programing shit they used to make the TRT web page.
Plus it is hosted on some tv server.
In any case I am calling them up tomorrow to see WTF is up.
Lets make it happen!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, I can't attend the rally.  I would, but I have to work. [:(]  But then, I do have to pay off a certain LEGP rifle.  Let us know how it goes!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I have more info, a fwd from the WA-freedom email list:

Hey, guys, planning is already well along.  The WSTRT and WA-CCW
crowd are going to be there.  Info below...

David Mamanakis wrote:

YOU NEED TO BE THERE!

Where?!  At Seattle Center, Flag Pavilion, on May 12th, of course!
It's the Washington Rights & Responsibilities Activist's "Gun Safety Rally" and it's shaping up to be terrific program with people from all walks of life.

Here are some questions and answers about the rally:

Q.    How do I get there?

A.    Maps are at [url]http://www.seattlecenter.com/information/map.htm[/url]
Flag Pavilion is #26.  Remember to allow plenty of time to park and get to the Flag Pavilion.

Q.    What time is the rally?

A.    The core program is from 11:00-1:00 p.m.  However, there will be information and other activities from 10:00-3:00.

Q.    I don't have kids, should I still come?

A.    Absolutely!!  First, it will be a great day to remind the world about our common
sense cause.  Let's send a message to the media and to our elected officials that there are more of us who support common sense than there are who don't.
You can send cards to your legislators, meet your public officials and make sure
they know how you stand.  Also take the "Freedom and Responsibility" pledge and
read our "Constitution" which has been taken to Olympia AND D.C.

Q.    What kind of information will be given to us as parents?

A.    There will be a host of information around how to keep your kids SAFE and
violence free:
-Every parent needs to know things such as,
"Rights and Responsibilities";
"Eddie Eagle Gun Safety Program for Kids"
"US and State Laws"
"How to talk to your kids, so they will talk to you"
"The truth behind the statistics"
-There also will be information on the Tax Fraud perpetrated by the MMM on the American People.
-Even more important, we will have the information on the truth behind the
Numbers and Statistics that the MMM use, where they come from and how they got there!

Q.  What about kids activities?  Should I bring my kids?

A.  You bet!  Whether you have charming toddlers or challenging teenagers, bring
them!  Kids make Mother's Day by making normal women into Moms!  Older kids will
certainly appreciate hearing how they are loosing their rights and what they can
do to help regain them.

Q.    Will media be there?  What about protesters?

A.   Yes, and definitely.  The media will come if they know we're going to have a big
turnout, so come make your voice be heard.  It is always possible some group(s) will choose to exercise their right listed in the First Amendment to have their voices heard, and they will be limited to doing so inside Seattle Center's Center House.  All Washington Rights & Responsibilities Activist's activities
will be OUTSIDE.

Q.    Why should I come?

A.    The current Administration in D.C. appears to be interested in this issue.
HOWEVER, the current Washington State Government DOES NOT appear to be interested in your individual rights.  This is why you MUST come and make your voice be heard.  This rally will be one of many all across the nation.  Please tell President Bush, our members of Congress and our elected officials at the
city, county and state levels that you want common sense to prevail, and that the American People are Trustworthy and Responsible!

Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Q.    What exactly do the Washington Rights & Responsibilities Activists support?  Are you trying to give everyone a gun?

A.    No, absolutely not.  We certainly respect everyone's right to own a gun, but not everyone is responsible enough to own one.  What we want is common sense to be recognized as what keeps guns out of the hands of kids and criminals.  Our five policy goals are Freedom, Unrestricted Rights, Responsibility, Trust, and Education.  These are common sense proposals, and no law-abiding gun owner should be afraid of them.

Q.    Can I meet some of our public officials?

A.    Yes!  Come meet King County Executive Ron Sims, Seattle Mayor Paul Schell, Mona Lee Locke, Director of Public Health Dr. Alonzo Plough, and many others.  We expect City Council members and state legislators to be there as well.  We should remind them that if they support the MMM they support Tax Fraud.  And by not supporting the Rights and  Responsibilities listed in the Washington State
Constitution and the United States Constitution, they are violating their Oath
of Office.

Q.    Can I wear the PRO-RKBA t-shirts I have?

A.    By all means!  (But please no Camo.)>

Q.    I'd like to volunteer a couple hours of my time that day.  Who should I contact?

A.    Just send mail to [url][email protected][/url] or [url][email protected][/url]  and let us
know how much time you can lend and when you can be there.  We'll let you know how you can help.

Q.    I can't really volunteer, but is there some other way I can help?

A.   YES!!! Email a note with the details to 10 friends, and ask that they email it to 10 more friends.   Spreading the word is the best thing you can do. You can also visit our websites, [url]www.NRA.org[/url] [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] and many others!

Q.    Will there be any more planning mails before the rally?

A.    Yes!

SEE YOU ON THE 12TH - AND REMEMBER - SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!

This rewrite brought to you by ACAVi.org (which doesn't yet have a website.)

--Dave Mamanakis
[url][email protected][/url] (Work)
[url][email protected][/url] (Work)
[url][email protected][/url] (Home)

Calling for backup!  -- Please join the list moderator and fellow list members at Seattle Center on May 12th at 11 AM for a very important gun rights rally.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:30:16 AM EDT
[#9]
btt
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in.

Isn't Seattle center a no carry zone? I think the city was trying to trump the state on CCW in parks. I know it doesn't work that way, but... Hmm... I should prolly keep it at home as to not add fuel to the fire. An arrest is an arrest (even if it is dismissed by the state court) and it would not look good on that day (Media would love it).. Anyone else have some info on this?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I should be able to make it. I'll be the rep from Vancouver!

Aviator
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top