BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:18:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

"A ranger shot it in the head three times, which was enough to get the shark to loosen his jaws," Ranger John Bandurski said.

Damn!! Three blows to the head just to loosen the damn thing's jaws???
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Catching a shark by the tail, draggin it ashore and killing it with a knife is TOUGH.

I guess you have never seen the videos of 90pound japenese guys harvesting shark fins for shark fin soup? A docil shark, that is not in a predatory mode doesnt put up much of a fight.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Mad Trapper of Rat River
A guy lived and trapped by himself not bothering people and then people othered him and he pissed them off they called rcmp and they eneded up ringing in lots of backup and tnt and ended up tracking him for 5 weeks or so. The guy ended up fleeing on foot in northwest territory in winter with some weapons, ammo, money and some heavy assed homemade snow shoes and was able to out run the rcmp for weeks. He would backtrack miles at a time to cover his tracks and confuse the rcmp and all the while ferrying heavy packs and weapons and such. He never spoke to the rcmp and never used his rifles to catch food. He crossed 7000 ft mt range during a blizzard in
-50 degree weather. He had a partial eaten raw ird and squirel on him when killed. I will try to find the name of the actual book that was the best one aout him.
here is a little link about it not too good though.
This dude should have been cloned for our super spec ops warriors.

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/NWT/madtrapper.htm

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Still not as tough as the guy who cut his own arm off to free himself from a rock.

Bingo!!! I agree! That was as tough as tough gets.

That was self preservation, this guy willing put himself in danger to protect his crew (allegedly).

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to cut my own arm off, and it would take some big brass ones to do it, BUT a person will go to extreme lengths to save their own ass, saving someone else's ass is often a different story...
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had a major heart attack in the summer of 2002.Left main vessel feeding the blood to my heart muscle closed up 100% half way down that blood vessel. Killed the lower left half of my heart.I did not miss a days work in 2002.Felt bad for awhile but just blew it off as being out of shape.Just found out about it in spring of 2003.Still blocked.Now thats tough.(also stupid)

no shit?!! what do the doctors say you should do?

how's the heart?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top