Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2001 7:17:47 PM EDT
...clothes are sweat through and I have two teeth marks on the inside of my lower lip from where some guy landed on my face.  Freakin' awesome concert!! [:D]

Anybody else mosh?  Some pits I will steer clear of.. the one at the Insane Clown Posse concert was too intense... but tonight's was a lot of fun.  

Just curious if y'all listen to "young angry man music," as it's dubbed.. [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of them.  I'm really into Pantera though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope but you paint a vivid image
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I love GWAR shows.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't done that in years. Last time I moshed wuz when you could see Fishbone, Chili Peppers, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag etc. at a club like 688 Spring St, or the Metroplex in Hot'lanta.

My small-town country-ass brother-in-law used to mosh just so he could knock the shit out of some punks, then they'd buy each other booze all nite whilst I'd be chasing some pale white girls in heavy black clothes - whatta memory. What can I say, we were dysfunctional youth! [BD] Watch yer teeth, lady! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#5]
GWAR-MORBID ANGEL-DEATH ANGEL-NAPALM DEATH-I ALSO LIKE MOTORHEAD-SLAYER WHEN IM IN THE MOOD FOR LIGHT MUSIC
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a Jimmy Buffett kind of guy myself, although the Scorps rock, and Niel Pert from Rush is an awesome drummer.

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I just saw Disturbed, Mudvayne, SpineShank, Nothingface at the Web Theater in phx a few weeks ago. Great show. Got hammered. Felt good. I needed the break. D.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]
How about Oz-Feast?
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#9]
That's nothin.

I've been in some intense Culture Club mosh pits that puts all those weak ass bands to shame. I still have the marks from the razor like hair sprayed hair that was stabbed into me when everyone started tearin shit up when they played Karma Chameleon, I thought I was gonna die.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#10]
nothing beats a slayer mosh pit.  i'm seeing them again in july w/pantera and morbid angel.  hardcore shows are usually pretty crazy with no security...been to a ton of those.  my friend sings for a band from mnpls mn called Martyr AD...you can hear em at www.ferretstyle.com  crazy stuff.  i used to play guitar in a band with him.  just saw fear factory, nevermore, sepultura in the last month, awesome shows.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I haven't done that in years. Last time I moshed wuz when you could see Fishbone, Chili Peppers, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag etc. at a club like 688 Spring St, or the Metroplex in Hot'lanta.

My small-town country-ass brother-in-law used to mosh just so he could knock the shit out of some punks, then they'd buy each other booze all nite whilst I'd be chasing some pale white girls in heavy black clothes - whatta memory. What can I say, we were dysfunctional youth! [BD] Watch yer teeth, lady! [:D]
View Quote

OH YES!!!!

Nothing like a Fishbone hurricane mosh pit!
Tha Bonez, Body count, DK, Suicidal Tendencies/Infectious Grooves......Great stuff!!

You should've seen Fishbone when they would play at UCLA......Nothing like it!!!!

I won't comment about the girls in heavy black clothes [sex]

Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Saw G.W.A.R. once. My contacts were red when I took 'em out. For those of you who don't know: GWAR's music blows. The only reason to go is for the show, which is second to none. The red in my contacts came from fake blood that the band spewed into the audience. A most enlightening experience to say the least. Highly recomended.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jim Beam:
How about Oz-Feast?
View Quote

Ozzy will be reuniting with Black Sabbath this summer for Oz Fest, and I will be there.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the warning!  Pretty violent scene! I'll just stick to the peaceful sounds of the waves crashing and sitting around waiting for the "perfect wave" while listening to the Beach Boys.  Corn me up!  [:)]

Sargent Skinner to imposter Principal Skinner:  "If that sounds corny to you, then corn me up!"

-RoadDog
(Surfs up!)
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#15]
MissMagnum?......Insane Clown Posse?........Serious wild streak?...........Has Guns and Shoots?.........HAVE SEEN PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE THAT DOCUMENTS CUTENESS.......and still single?

The math just ain't workin'.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#16]
The last time I saw Disturbed was MTV's Return of the Rock last year.  Disturbed sucked, but Godsmack... now there was some mayhem!

The funniest pit I ever saw was at an unlikely concert mix of Pantera, Helmet, and the Butthole Surfers.  The floor was one huge pit and right smack in the middle were three huge skinheads just standing there.  The pit just revolved around them.  Needless to say no one touched them.  Nothing like getting a bunch of skaters, metalheads, and punks together under one roof.

The best Fishbone concert I saw was at a really small venue.  They opened for, of all groups, the Beastie Boys.  This was back in the '85 or '86 and I was like 15.  I went for the Beastie Boys and left a life long fan of Angelo and the gang.

-Red-
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:10:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Disturbed are Cool! Too bad I don't have the time to go to too many shows anymore. If you like them you should check out these bands too:
THE GODS -
         Slayer, Pantera, Sabbath, Ozzy, Motorhead, Danzig, Misfits, Tool.

DAMN GOOD -
         Type O Negative, White Zombie, Static X, Misfits, Rollins Band, Ministry, Helmet, Sepultura, Megadeth, Metallica, (old)Anthrax

WORTH A LISTEN -
          Saliva, Staind, Limp Bizkit, Sevendust, Tantric, Days of the New, Perfect Circle, Paparoach....

Best Concert? - Either Danzig back in 91 on the "how the gods kill" tour or Slayer and Ministry in 93.

SAMHAIN44
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh, and by the way, Ms. Magnum? You rock. Looks like you're rapidly becoming a real threat to the establishment. An attractive female firearms enthuasist that kicks it to metal?
[smoke][smoke][smoke][smoke][smoke][smoke]
Wasn't that movie called Barb Wire?
[smash][smash][smash][smash][smash][smash]
Can we get a weekly series?

:)

Samhain44
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:02:50 AM EDT
[#20]
I was at a huge "field party" once back in 1993, when moshing was still pretty new. They had a group of seemingly very well behaved bikers running security. All music was by local bands. Anyway, this heavy thrash metal band gets on stage and a pit immediately formed. The bikers, having only ever listened to Skynard, had never heard of a mosh pit and they thought a riot had broken out. Right then, a riot nearly broke out as the bikers attempted to break up the "fight". It took quite a while for the mosh crowd to realize the bikers were actually trying to kick their ass. It got ugly soon enough though.....
Personally, I was born a little too early to be a mosher but some of the music definately rocks.
Any of you heard of the band Clutch?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 3:37:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Nope. I stayed home and listen to "Classical" music.....and I still got teeth mark from my wife....  For me, that was wild and crazy...
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:02:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's nothin.

I've been in some intense Culture Club mosh pits that puts all those weak ass bands to shame. /quote]

Come on Frank, your kidding right?  The CC is a bunch of ass bandits.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
MissMagnum?......Insane Clown Posse?........Serious wild streak?...........Has Guns and Shoots?.........HAVE SEEN PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE THAT DOCUMENTS CUTENESS.......and still single?

The math just ain't workin'.
View Quote

Why is everyone so freakin' worried about the fact that I'm still single?!?!?  I date.. I just haven't settled down.  I was married once and I don't think I want to give up my second chance at freedom for anything less than exactly what I want.

That and I scare the sh*t out of a lot of guys... [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I saw 7 Seconds, Dead Kennedys and a local band called The Electric Love Muffin in Trenton NJ in 1985 or 86. Great show.

I saw Danzig open for Soundgarden at UC San Diego in 1991. That show kicked ass. Danzig is waaaaaaaayyy intense. We jammed a bunch of Jarheads in a Ford Taurus and rode the 3.5 hours through the desert to see the show, then partied, then rode 3.5 hours back, just in time for PT. Double time, March!!

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:37:47 AM EDT
[#25]
It sounds like she meant to say "I just got back from the concert and I'm disturbed."
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:44:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It sounds like she meant to say "I just got back from the concert and I'm disturbed."
View Quote

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#27]
When I was younger I had the long hair of hippiedom, very long. I loved to go to punk concerts here in LA and jump in the pit. I was always singled out as an anti punk establishment type. Which always pissed them off. They`d grab my hair and pull and all sorts of stuff. I went for the fight.They were anarchists types but had no room for a long hair.
'Hippie Jesus freak' was the most common name plastered on me.
I saw groups like the Pistols, Dead Marine, 45 Grave, MC5, Kennedy`s, Lil Abner, abunch of others that also didnt know more than 4 chords on the guitar.
The Grateful Dead`s mosh pit was much more to my liking and attended close to a hundred shows before Jerry died. Damn I miss seeing him, even now.
Since I quit drinking music has become less exciting and I find myself looking at my collection thinking, 'man, this sucks'
Still turn to the masters, Grateful dead, Zed Leppelin, Sabbath, Aerosmith when they did drugs and were actually good, Rush, Zappa.
The newer stuff just dont cut it for me, may be I`m just getting old. I listen to KROQ 90% of the time which is Alternative, just to keep somewhat abreast of what`s new.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nope. I stayed home and listen to "Classical" music.....and I still got teeth mark from my wife....  For me, that was wild and crazy...
View Quote

When I was stationed in Great Lakes and my ex was stationed in Yorktown, Virginia, we both flew to my mom's for Easter weekend.  He had actually gotten into a really bad car accident on the way to the airport so he was delayed but he made it there and the tryst carried on as planned. [sex]

When he got back to his duty station on Monday he went straight to medical to get checked out after the car accident.  The corpsman was looking at the marks all over his shoulders and back saying it must have been a really bad accident.  He calmly said, "No... [i]those[/i] marks are actually from my girlfriend."  [}:D]  
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

DAMN GOOD -
         Type O Negative
SAMHAIN44
View Quote

Type O kicks ass. Not a lot of people have heard their stuff, but I love it. Especially their new one.

Check out the new Fear Factory album. The song "Linchpin" is pretty bad ass. I think you can still get it on Napster.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#30]
I saw Eric Johnson last month.  It was awesome.  More art than entertainment.   I would recommend anyone going to see him with Alien Love Child (The band).

I will warn you that if you go see him, you should be prepared to leave with the sinking feeling that all the other concerts you have ever been to have been complete crap.

If there was any band that I was officially into, it would have been Iron Maiden.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm so old
I used to slam in the pit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Miss Magnum:

View Quote

You don't scare me. Heck! I survived the mosh pit at that Barry Manilow(sp?) concert a few years ago. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#33]
"No... those marks are actually from my girlfriend."
View Quote

You beast! [:)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#34]
LOOK IN MY FACE, STARE IN MY SOUL, I BEGIN TO STUPIFY!!!!!!!!
[smash][smash][smash][smash][smash][smash][smash][smash][smash][smash][smash]

P3[pyro][^]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#35]
One of the best shows I have ever seen what Skate Nigs, KMFDM, and Ministry Headlining, then Jello B came out and they did a Lard set.  
The pulled out the cage for Minstry and I did my first stage dive at the Riviera.
Also, being 17 and buying liquor at the bar helped too.  My ears rang for 3 days, cause that place has one of the best sound systems ever.  
c-rock
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Miss Magnum:

Why is everyone so freakin' worried about the fact that I'm still single?!?!?  I date.. I just haven't settled down.  I was married once and I don't think I want to give up my second chance at freedom for anything less than exactly what I want.

View Quote

It wasn't a comment about YOU. I just listen to these guys say "I need a REAL woman" and here YOU are. If I was one of them I'd be packing for Virginia.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#37]
We saw the Disturbed tour in Vegas a few weeks back.  After having to WORK and then DRIVE 100 miles to get there, we missed the two other bands but saw Mudvayne (world's ugliest band?) and Disturbed.  That singer is a little dude with tall elevator shoes, but the show rocked.  Tour shirts were too expensive at $28.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Yanni and John Tesh.

The crowd goes wild.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It wasn't a comment about YOU. I just listen to these guys say "I need a REAL woman" and here YOU are. If I was one of them I'd be packing for Virginia.
View Quote

Sorry.. ::sheepish grin::  I tend to get a little defensive because so many people keep asking me that question... like there's something wrong with me for not being attached to a guy.  ::shrug::
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#40]
"Young angry man's music"? what happens if you're pushin' 50 and still listen to bands like Disturbed, Godsmack, Sevendust, and, of course, the God Himself, OZZY?  

One of the funniest things I've done in years is demonstrate the stereo in the car I just traded in to the unsuspecting young black kid who was my salesman at the new dealearship...with Slipknot hehehe.  He actually took two steps back from the car when I jacked up the volume and the solobaric kicked in...absolutely priceless!!

But I'm too old to mosh hehehe...too easy to hurt myself hahaha.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm surprised by the number of people who are into the DM/pseudo industry/alt rock scene on this board.

Used to like Dissection, Morbid angels and Norwegian BM alot when I was younger.  As time goes by, I figured out every single scene out there is BS.  People tallk the talk but don't walk the walk.  Many of these so-called artists really don't know wTF they are talking about. Slayers openly admitted they knew nothing about occultism/satanism when they wrote Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood. Everyone is trying to be intelligent.  Well, I just got fed up.  I don't need to listen to the garbage anymore.  I still like the music but I cannot stand the stupid lyrics of any current metal/rock/industrial/punk/hardcore .In stead of listening to whining and bit@hing, i take my AR and my USP out for a ride on the range.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Miss Magnum, I'm setting my automobile GPS for Virginia to meet you so I can truly meet a REAL woman from that state.  Look for an early eighty's Testerosa with a surfboard mounted on back.

Do me one favor, [b]please be gentle with me. Don't hurt me. [/b]  [;)]

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#44]
greentips- you like black metal?  sweden has some pretty good bands, not really black metal- better i think..check out in flames 'clayman' or 'colony' and at the gates 'slaughter of the soul'  another good one is soilwork 'the chainheart machine'.  i'm not much for radio rock cuz most of it sucks musically..i've gotten into such obscure stuff only my close friends know what i'm talking about...too bad half that stuff didn't get air play cuz it's wayyy better than all the new metal crap that's out there...
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Saw Motorhead last year with Nashville Pussy and couldn't hear for three days, Better than when i saw them open foe alice cooper in the late 80's, could almost touch Lemmy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If I was one of them I'd be packing for Virginia.
View Quote

Huh Huh Huh ... huh huh huh
he said packing for vagina.
Yeah yeeah!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Pantera/DeadHorse Both will free your mind.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#49]
RoadDog,

I hope you're not allergic to animals or hard work... and I can't make any promises about being gentle. [;)]

Troy,

Thank you for the compliment.  [:D]

Update:  The busted lip that "didn't bleed much" now hurts when I smile and I have two or three rather large bruises on my right arm from the little bastard that was flailing his arms around next to me. (Oh yes.. I DID get him back[}:D])  I can't believe I used to shrug this stuff off so easily...

Have tickets to see Staind later this month.  Better heal quickly! [:D]

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd like to see them, or linkin park...a few others. I'm 37 now so I think I'd probibally get some strange looks.
I saw Balck sabbath, Rolling Stones (while partying with the Pagans) and a few other oldie but goodies. Aerosmith, G. Thorougood (sp?) etc etc.
Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top