Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:16:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah my wife always gets pissed off.  She thinks $400 is too much to spend on a gun.  I have only bought 2 since we have been married and .50 cal muzzleloader and an 870.  she $hit a brick when I told her about the ar, kimber, sig, m700 and M1A I wanted to buy.  Only good thing about being bitched at is she gives me the silent treatment afterwords.   Ahhhhhhhhhh :)
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:50:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's like having Big Brother around when the "little woman" is fishing around on the computer and finds the confirming letter sent out, "enclosed please find certified check in the amount of . . ."

Usually she doesn't gripe too much, but the M1A ticked her off, she wants to know why I need it when I already have an AR10, an HK91 and a FAL.  And a Garand.  Hell, I dunno.  Because it's there!

She also doesn't understand why I would leave the McD's drive-thru because the Egg McMuffin isn't on sale anymore, yet I think nothing of dropping over a grand on a rifle I hardly ever shoot.

Priorities, that's why!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Pissed!?!
Try to explane Why there is a new State Arms .50BMG sitting in the livingroom, and that it's not the .50 that I had already ordered! [spank]

Ok guys, repeat after Me (I can hear it now!) "Well, What do You need another one for???"...."But honey!, It was to great a deal to pass up!"

What was I thinking when I married this woman??

Tall (Who?Me?) Shadow

A Mind is a terrible thing.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I brought home a brand new 50cal black powder rifle. Was greeted by my girlfreind at the time at the door she ask to see the THING and I handed it to her. Before I could say what the hell it was smashed against the front porch post. [spank]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife gets pissed off for different reasons.
Sometimes I sell guns she develops an attachment to.
When she found out I had sold both the M1 Carbine and the Walther PPK, I had to sleep in the other room. (I regret the Carbine, too)
[smoke]
It can go the other way, on a impulse I bought a new M1A for Christmas. Before I even picked it up, I gave her the Visa and told her to go crazy on herself.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep,

I bought a SA M1A National Match at a gun show in GA for $1700 on my Visa.  Thought I could beat her to the mailbox but instead she beat me, then the SHTF.  I calmed her down by buying her a new wedding set around XMAS last year.  Since then I have bought a Colt AR and a Garand and lots of mags and ammo.  She thinks I'm going nuts and I'm very politically incorrect because I'm doing a lot of camping, shooting, drinking beer, and hanging out with my old HS buddies on the Southside.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine never gets upset, she just asks :

How many more do you need, or more usually don't you already have one of those.

Anyhow she knows that if she gets upset about my rifles or pistols,[size=6]I won't let her play with my GUN[/size=6]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm GUILTY as charged. I'm lucky to still have her around. I've been a
                terribly irresponsible cad with the bills and such, all the while getting what
                I thought was necessary while the Clintons and Y2K loomed on the
                horizen.
                Now, I've got exactly what I perceived as needed for the Home, Hunting,
                and Collection. Everything else is gravy...
                As I told my best friend, I did in 5 years what most guys did in 20.
                Now, I can get the bills paid off, and send my little girls to college.
                If this seems backwards; I was born a Breech.
                Surely, I'm not the only Man who's tread this erroneous path. Come forth
                with your confessions, Brothers!!!
View Quote
                                             You done good.....have to say, the ex supported every gun buy i made....as long as the rest fell in place!....sounds familiar.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
She's pissed at the simple fact I'm reading this forum. [:I]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Got divorced in 1993 when I had 3 guns. I am still single and my collection has grown to over 50 now. So...I don't have those problems but I sure do remember them.
View Quote

Yeah, once you get rid of those high maintenance wives, the gun collection has room to grow [;)]

If you're spending your money on guns, etc, and you can't pay the bills, and aren't saving any money for the kids to go to college, then the wife has a legitimate bitch. You're a gun junkie. You shouldn't even be here. You should be at a GJA meeeting (Gun Junkies Annonymous)...Hello, my name's John Browning, and I'm a Gun Junkie...

If you got all the above covered and she has a problem, it's time to trade her in and buy some more guns.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife didn't like the idea of me getting another sks.  That's when she said no more weapons.   Well that lasted for about 15 minutes.  When I dropped her off at the airport (she was going to visit her sister), the gun show just happened to be a couple of blocks ON THE WAY.  Did I tell her I bought a lower Bushmaster unit when she got back?  NO way.  Will I tell her?  Not a chance in the world.  I like going by the old motto:" better to ask for forgivness than beg and never get it."    If she ever does find out then I'll beg for forgivness and buy more ammo for it.  ha ha
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
oldeschool, I feel worse hearing it from you...but, you're right; I'm a GunJunkie.  I ain't got no business being here.

I guess I'll hang my head low, (sniff, sniff) and mosey on outta here.  I enjoyed the times I had with all my friends here on the Forum.  Gotta go now.  Thanks for your hospitality.  I'll always have a good memory when I think of you all at the old AR15.com...  Seeya, fellas.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing I'm buying now is my way outta debt, and I'm working my ass off for that.  We've got things under control and the kids will definetly go to College.
Being called an Addict and told you don't belong feels pretty bad.  
Conversely, sticking to my principles and fighting my way out of trouble (and winning) feels pretty damn good!  
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#13]
my wife is pretty kewl.  she gets frustrated when i tell her about a new gun, but all in all everything is fine.  i have a glock, ruger .22 and a ruger 6mm, a kimber, a benelli, and now a new bushmaster.  she is even now showing an interest in shooting IDPA with me.  life couldn't get much better.   hell, when we had AOL, she would go into the gun control chat rooms and wail on those anti-gunners.

lwolfnky1
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 12:00:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Just like in COURT do not volunteer information to the wife.

Only answer and if you must, if not then omitt as much as you can.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 3:59:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Gopher: Sounds like we have a lot incommon.  My wife alway's wants to know why I want to converse with right-wing gun collectors. Duhhh, golly gee maybe because I am one?
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:40:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Act of congress with my EX, More argument talking about it. worst than the spanish ingquisition. easier just to buy and sleep on the couch later, for a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:35:48 AM EDT
[#17]
You guys are using the wrong tactic.  Go on the offensive.  "Honey, why do you have so many shoes? Don't they all do the same thing?" When she says she needs different shoes for different outfits and different occasions, file that response away.  When you buy your 7th AR and she says "why do need another one?"  SLAM HER WITH HER RESPONSE!
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#18]
My wife doesn't get mad anymore since our deal.  I get to keep buying guns (within reason) and she gets to have another baby.  I still haven't decided if it is worth it though:).

HICAP- Where on the Southside- Atl or GA?  Your name sounds familiar- McIntosh?
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I brought home a brand new 50cal black powder rifle. Was greeted by my girlfreind at the time at the door she ask to see the THING and I handed it to her. Before I could say what the hell it was smashed against the front porch post.
View Quote

Heh, I dunno what the other guys think, but it looks to me like you need to find a new girlfriend.  Heck, after she smashed your gun, maybe you ought to take her to the range... as a target!  

(Note, this is an attempt at humor only, and not an advocation of using someones wide a$$ as a target)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top