Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2001 6:54:28 PM EDT
Hello.  I'm pretty new to the forum but I've been lurking and reading for some time.  I've been a 1911 fanatic for a long time and I think I would like to get an AR now.  This forum is great and its been very helpful to me trying to make a decision!

I have a question.....after reading the posts here, talking to friends who have AR's and doing some research, I'm pretty sure that I want to get a Bushmaster for my first AR.  The problem is I live in a rural area with a pathetic gun store or two and no decent gun shows even remotely close by.  Can anyone here please recommend some dealers, especially on the net, who carry BM's.  I've checked the auction sites, but from what little I know about pricing they seem pretty high for the most part.  I'm also considering the LEGP, but it really isn't exactly what I'm looking for (but close).

Thank you very much for your help, and thanks for all the great information on the AR-15 you've provided here.

45nut
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
What you need to do to start with is pick up a Shotgun News and look thru it.  Lately I've see dirt cheap Bushy's.  ($600-$650)  Of course that's the dealer cost.  Now find a local dealer and get a quote on how much he'll charge over cost. (gun+shipping)  Decent dealers will charge $20-$25 max.  This is how I find the best price on the guns I get.  

BTW, where in AR do you live?  I live in Texarkana (TX) and go to a dealer in New Boston TX.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are a couple places to check. Put in the requested info and see if there is someone near you and give him a call.  Good Luck!

Auction Arms
[url]207.228.12.69/help/FFLNetwork.cfm[/url]

Gunbroker
[url]www.gunbroker.com/user/dealernetwork.asp[/url]

Shotgun News
[url]www.shotgunnews.com/fflguide/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey-- I do get Shotgun News and you're right there are some good deals in there right now.  Problem is one dealer won't handle Bushies (he won't order a new one, but he would handle a transfer...I know, doesn't make any sense), and the other dealer I can't stand.  Very, very poor service/attitude.  I do know about transferring firearms...done it many times.  The dealer mentioned above who won't order me a Bushie does all my transfers for free or maybe charges $5.  He's a good guy to deal with, just won't order me a BM.  
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll keep looking...there's no hurry.  If anybody can add anything else I'd be much obliged!!
BTW, Tex I'm in SE Ark.  I do get over toward Texarkana and beyond now and then so maybe I can check out that dealer you mentioned.  

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Just curious....what does this guy have against Bushmaster?  I second some of the opinions above....the LEGP is a sweet gun for the price....I would have to look at it closely.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#9]
DK Prof....Thanks for the link, that is what I was looking for....actual dealers on the net.

Lab...To answer your question....well, I wish I could answer your question.  I really don't know, he just doesn't seem the least little bit interested.  BTW, I have a lab...chocolate...best damn dog ever!

My reservations with the LEGP are that it doesn't have a chrome-lined barrel (important?), absolutely NO rear sights whatsoever w/out paying another $100 plus, and from watching the LEGP section of the forum, I'm beginning to wonder just how long I would have to wait to ever get one.  But, I'll admit on first reading about it, I was seriously interested in it.

Thanks to everyone again for your help.  If anybody else has any advice...keep it comin'.  This board is Great!

Thanks ~nut
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top