Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2001 5:13:10 PM EDT
Since we have been over "best of" recently, its time for a best horror flick thread. I'm really hoping someone will throw out something great I have never seen. My top 3 are

1. Halloween (Nuff said)
2. The Thing (Carpenters remake)
3. Silent Rage ( Old Chuck Norris flick, it scared the heck out of me)
Night of the Living Dead as a tie with Silent Rage. ( I love Zombie movies)
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Now this is a tuffy. . . let's see. . .

1. John Carpenter's Thing
2. Candyman
3. Evil Dead (Alright it's not really scary, but hell man, is there a better movie made?)
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotta love this guy

[IMG]http://www.halloweenmovies.com/newpics/h1pics/H1_3_001.JPG[/IMG]    

[IMG]http://www.halloweenmovies.com/newpics/h1pics/H1_3_002.JPG[/IMG]    

[IMG]http://www.halloweenmovies.com/newpics/h1pics/H1_3_057.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.halloweenmovies.com/newpics/h1pics/H1_3_059.JPG[/IMG]  
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I would have to go with "The Shining" (The Kubrick one, not the TV movie with the guy from "Wings"). That movie just gives me the willies.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Must check out "Dead Alive" if your into the B ones, it's new zealand horror and it's wicked. Only movie I know of where you see a 50+ zombie-victim massacre done with a lawn mower. and go for the pre-ban unrated version, the R has 30 minutes cut out of it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Must check out "Dead Alive" if your into the B ones, it's new zealand horror and it's wicked. Only movie I know of where you see a 50+ zombie-victim massacre done with a lawn mower. and go for the pre-ban unrated version, the R has 30 minutes cut out of it.
View Quote

Is that the one where the guy gets bitten by the monkey? If so - truly a classic. I just am not sure I would call it "horror" - it was more of a dark comedy. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]
1:Evil Dead
2:H.P. Lovecraft "The Reanimator"
3:Day Of The Dead

Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]
THEM!  One of the best sci-fi movies ever made.  Never mind that it was made in 1955, but the special effects for it's time were great and the acting was great.  I hope they never remake it because it will be all bloody and gory.  I know that appeals to some, but I can do without it.  I thing the original 'The Thing' was much better than the remake.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
1:Evil Dead
2:H.P. Lovecraft "The Reanimator"

View Quote

The only good (loosely associated)
Lovecraft adaptations.

I've been through the entire Horror sections
at all of the local video stores, and
one of the best I have seen is called Scarecrows. These scarecrows rip some ass on a group of military wannabes that have stolen some money & hi-jacked a cargo plane. Never really explained how or why the scarecrows do what they do (some vague shit was mentioned, but nothing real concrete), but man this movie works on every level. The FX are great and the gore is abundant! The 'crows look like zombified scarecrows and really do some nasty numbers on the group. On top of that, those that are killed are scarecrowzied themselves in graphic detail with stitching and gutting . The video stores didn't have it though, my little brother found it for me.
WAY COOL.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]
The Evil Dead series is great.

Re-Animator is a great horror movie, but unfaithful to HP Lovecraft (there's never been a good Lovecraft horror movie, IMO)

The Fog by John Carpenter scared the shit out of me when I was a kid and gave me nightmares for years.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#12]
When there is no more room in hell, the failed dot com goatee heads will walk in kalifornia.

Night of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead 1990
Day of the Dead
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top