BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 657
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By onesureshot:

The Frankengun lower really needs to be done in green...
View Quote
Frankengun lower really needs to have extended bolt-shaped takedown/pivot pins.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MadMardigan:
PSA is nice enough to send a spare spring and detent in the LPK
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MadMardigan:
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:

Agreed, I use a razor blade. I once had a decent shoot out and I heard it hit the ceiling, I had a spare, so I didn't even try looking for it. Later that night I found it... it was just sitting on the armrest of the sofa.

Built out my Yeet9 a few days ago.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/435954/09AA99BA-9B04-474C-9D61-DEF4C79B5071_jpeg-1118847.JPG
PSA is nice enough to send a spare spring and detent in the LPK
Haha.  I just did my first lower build after 55 years on this Earth.  PSA is chock full of wisdom on that spare detent.  I also launched the magazine catch spring into orbit but managed to recover it upon re-entry.

I'll never buy another completed AR ever again.  PSA, you win.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Indeed

Fully semi-automatic high capacity military war grade assault seed......

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/485060/IMG_0947_JPG-972906.jpg

Edit: all but 1 of my lower orders (NO BETO) has been shipped, two are at the FFL waiting and the SREW CANCER is waiting for UPS pick-up.
View Quote
I’m still waiting on the 9 and 10 variants of IStand, Betsy-15, and Beto. Still have yet to get to FFL for all he has. When Screw cancer gets there, he will have a shit load for me to sign for.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jeepnstein:
Haha.  I just did my first lower build after 55 years on this Earth.  PSA is chock full of wisdom on that spare detent.  I also launched the magazine catch spring into orbit but managed to recover it upon re-entry.

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
I’m still waiting on the 9 and 10 variants of IStand, Betsy-15, and Beto. Still have yet to get to FFL for all he has. When Screw cancer gets there, he will have a shit load for me to sign for.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Indeed

Fully semi-automatic high capacity military war grade assault seed......

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/485060/IMG_0947_JPG-972906.jpg

Edit: all but 1 of my lower orders (NO BETO) has been shipped, two are at the FFL waiting and the SREW CANCER is waiting for UPS pick-up.
Still waiting on a Betsy and a Space Rover.  Guess I need to order some more because I'm having withdrawals here...  
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 3:48:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 40xb] [#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jeepnstein:

View Quote
I've done a few, that tool for detent:

Attachment Attached File

is the greatest thing ever....
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

Frankengun lower really needs to have extended bolt-shaped takedown/pivot pins.
View Quote
That would be cool. Lower upper set in green with silver extended bolt like pins.

Would buy
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kunkernator:

If that barrel you are using is the KAK 4.75", im excited. I have all the parts together, just have to send off to Cerakote. Yeet Cannon, 4.75" 5.56 barrel, and a Cookie Cutter, are the highlights.

Curious, i bought an adjustable gas block, but did you have any issues with cycling? Did you use a standard gas block?
View Quote
Standard gas block. Works great so far. Gave the whole thing a light mist of aerosol remoil and pumped 500 rounds through it in an hour. It ran like a champ.

Yes KAK barrel. I had to bend the gas tube a bit to fit the barrel nut I was using.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By vkeith:

We need a video of it.

My 8.5" barrel has a good blast but 4.75" must make a really big fireball.
View Quote
I'll see what I can do in the next couple weeks. Getting time to do it has been hard. I do have a cookie cutter break I may put on it to try, as well as a few others. I have an earlier Noveske flaming piggy that the inside cone is trashed from shooting on a 7.5 barrel.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By d16man:

Was after 2013, as that was when i moved and visited Farrow.  They had gold also iirc.
View Quote
they did, as the wife said we could buy it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By stinkypol:

This with a matched stripped upper as a set, I'd FO, and hard.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/136710/9FD8E3D2-BBBE-429D-B646-8D85A3577CE2_jpeg-1119692_jpg-1120099.JPG
View Quote
thats the rarest.. the only folk i know that ever had the odgreen anadized were the employees cause they snagged them before they hit the sales floor.
that one belongs to a former farrow road employee... he has the matching upper and buffer tube as well.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Uh oh. It's now been a full week since I ordered my in stock lower, and it still shows processing.

Should I start a bitch thread now, or wait 'til Monday?
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Uh oh. It's now been a full week since I ordered my in stock lower, and it still shows processing.

View Quote
Start bitching!
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Getnlwr:

Standard gas block. Works great so far. Gave the whole thing a light mist of aerosol remoil and pumped 500 rounds through it in an hour. It ran like a champ.

Yes KAK barrel. I had to bend the gas tube a bit to fit the barrel nut I was using.
View Quote
Sweet! I cant wait to see how mine handles with that Cookie Cutter on it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Seems that train have sailed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
You've been here long enough sir, you know that's not how any of this works

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting on my FREEDOM, MINUTEMEN, SPACEWALKER, SPACEROVER,
BABYPFG, FCANCER, BETSY, ALIEN, BACKLASH, SCREW, aaaaand my HEROES-15 lowers.

But, if I started a thread, all it would earn me is another lthread to follow and a list of forum members with more lower suggestion.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still waiting on my FREEDOM, MINUTEMEN, SPACEWALKER, SPACEROVER,

But, if I started a thread, all it would earn me is another lthread to follow and a list of forum members with more lower suggestion.
View Quote
I’m just waiting on that A2.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By craig19:
Start bitching!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By craig19:

Start bitching!
HARUMPH! HARUMPH! HARUMPH!
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Everything I've ordered since the end of August is sitting at the FFL waiting for this last item to arrive so I can pick it all up and distribute the transfer costs across the lot.

There might also be some residual butthurt over the wild extension of the preorder lead times, but I can neither confirm nor deny.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 7:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#21]
Everything I've ordered since the end of August is sitting at the FFL waiting for this last item to arrive so I can pick it all up and distribute the transfer costs across the lot.

There might also be some residual butthurt over the wild extension of the preorder lead times, but I can neither confirm nor deny.
View All Quotes

It's understandable why customers would get concerned when the timeline for pre-sales strays off course. I think PSA advertised what they expected to be a realistic timeline concerning variance returns. But things happened, variance return slowed, and with production delays, time adds up. Looking at the website, it seems they've since added additional time to the pre-sales as a buffer window to make sure that doesn't happen again. If I remember correctly, Josiah may have mentioned possible group emails as an update for future pre-sales, not sure about that one though.

I believe PSA is also working to "standardize" the production output from multiple facilities. We have seen this recently with them now incorporating their own anodizing equipment (less color variances). I bet they will eventually do the same with lower engravings, shifting away from multiple platforms such as laser engraving and ball milling, and focusing on that "sweet spot" that works best for every design. All speculation on my part of course sir.

You do know there is a lower design in the non-approved section for butthurtness.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#22]
It's understandable why customers would get concerned when the timeline for pre-sales strays off course. I think PSA advertised what they expected to be a realistic timeline concerning variance returns. But things happened, variance return slowed, and with production delays, time adds up. Looking at the website, it seems they've since added additional time to the pre-sales as a buffer window to make sure that doesn't happen again. If I remember correctly, Josiah may have mentioned possible group emails as an update for future pre-sales, not sure about that one though.

I believe PSA is also working to "standardize" the production output from multiple facilities. We have seen this recently with them now incorporating their own anodizing equipment (less color variances). I bet they will eventually do the same with lower engravings, shifting away from multiple platforms such as laser engraving and ball milling, and focusing on that "sweet spot" that works best for every design. All speculation on my part of course sir.

You do know there is a lower design in the non-approved section for butthurtness.
View All Quotes

I don't think I have the time to wait for that.

Also, your reply seems to proceed on the assumption that I was serious.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 1:19:07 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

careful, that might be a "waste of system recurses"  
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Will any of the snake lowers ever come back?  I’m asking about the regular Don’t Tread On Me Gadsden lowers. Also, what label maker did that guy like 59 pages back use???
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By EnduroBro:
Will any of the snake lowers ever come back?  I’m asking about the regular Don’t Tread On Me Gadsden lowers. Also, what label maker did that guy like 59 pages back use???
View Quote
I doubt PSA will re-release any of their special edition ones. But, if the snake lowers you are referring to are ones that were just laser engraved on the right hand side of the magwell; it wouldn't be hard to purchase a lower of your choice and have a laser engraving company do the work for you. Ive done it many a times.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
What kind of labels are you talking about?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By dlshady:
View All Quotes
The labels man! THE LABELS!

I have no idea what he means either. Lol. I'm just shitposting.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#28]
@BrickWurX

Can you post an updated graphic of past and future proposed lowers? I've been away from this thread since shortly after the Mad Dog's shipped, and this thread has moved on fast
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:39:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kunkernator] [#29]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

View All Quotes

Im guessing these labels are what he is after.

Avery Mailing Address Labels, Laser Printers, 750 Labels, 1 x 2-5/8, Permanent Adhesive, Easy Peel (5260)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Z5SN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rt0ODbPGF2K7J
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:39:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Et2ss:
@BrickWurX

Can you post an updated graphic of past and future proposed lowers? I've been away from this thread since shortly after the Mad Dog's shipped, and this thread has moved on fast
View Quote
@Et2ss

Page 424 is what you are looking for!
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#31]
@BrickWurX

View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Palmetto-State-Armory-has-lost-a-customer-/5-2109794/?page=424
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm patiently awaiting the pistol lower for 45 ACP.  That is gonna be my next build after my ISTAND.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:50:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Et2ss] [#33]

@Et2ss

View All Quotes

@Et2ss

Thanks

Some funny ones there.

I take it they nixed the Ace Tomato Co. lowers?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#34]
No news on the m4 uppers?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Avery Mailing Address Labels, Laser Printers, 750 Labels, 1 x 2-5/8, Permanent Adhesive, Easy Peel (5260)

View All Quotes

That's the style I used.  You can download the template from their website.  I also wrote on the back which way I fed it into the printer so I would know which end to start with when printing more labels from the same page as more lowers came in.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Thanks

Some funny ones there.

View Quote
No, it’s on page 9 of The List in the non confirmed section meaning PSAs trademark lawyers haven’t assessed that they wouldn’t get sued among other steps it would take before production
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 2:20:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#37]
@BrickWurX

View Quote
What you seek in on page nine.
Also, glad things are working out for the family from that other thread.

CLICK FOR RECENT UPDATE - PAGE 424

Updated to reflect a more likely selection for the PFG series.

And something new.

Also, finally got that SPACEFORCE-15 video completed and posted on YouTube. The windows voice over drove me nuts. Click Here
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Just here checking on the A2 lowers....
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Long shot but here goes...

Does any one have an M4A1 lower they are willing to part with?

-Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks

Some funny ones there.

View All Quotes

@Et2ss

Thanks

Some funny ones there.

Yeah,  that was nixed a long time ago.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GreenSuiter:

-Thanks.
View Quote
My God man, where have you been? Those have been on the PSA website since May. Did ya think they were going to last forever?  

All seriousness set aside. Would not surprise me if another batch comes out. Just to be proactive, if I were you I’d sign up for in stock notice.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Is the in stock notice the same as their news letter or is there a different mailing list?
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 5:33:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#43]
Originally Posted By Lancer007:
Is the in stock notice the same as their news letter or is there a different mailing list?
View Quote
You can do an availability e-mail alert for a specific product.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GreenSuiter:

-Thanks.
View Quote
I got a few sequential serial numbers that include 223.  Could be persuaded to part with them for a couple of those bags of money with dollar signs on them like in the cartoons.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By cap6888:
I'm patiently awaiting the pistol lower for 45 ACP.  That is gonna be my next build after my ISTAND.
View Quote
Me too. But I am also patiently waiting for the extra cash to do the purchase and build with. Life keeps happening and using up all my PSA build monies.

So I am just following the thread for the bitching, shitposting, and cool new design ideas.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
Back in August we were talking about storing the lowers and I got some of the small shipping boxes. And the one guy uses a label maker to label the boxes what lowers and serials they are.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#47]

What you seek in on page nine.
Also, glad things are working out for the family from that other thread.

CLICK FOR RECENT UPDATE - PAGE 424

Updated to reflect a more likely selection for the PFG series.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48892436846_e2e00225d6_c.jpg

And something new.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48892617832_d625b358f4_c.jpg

Also, finally got that SPACEFORCE-15 video completed and posted on YouTube. The windows voice over drove me nuts. Click Here
View Quote
Loved the video. In, before the Chinese kidnap you to manufacture them a prototype.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Back in August we were talking about storing the lowers and I got some of the small shipping boxes. And the one guy uses a label maker to label the boxes what lowers and serials they are.
View Quote
Ok, then that would actually be me then.

I use this label maker:

DYMO Label Maker with 3 Bonus Labeling Tapes | LetraTag 100H Handheld Label Maker & LT Label Tapes, Easy-to-Use, Great for Home & Office Organization

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BD6DRI6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tk8ODbA13PF5Q
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#49]
@plamettostatearmory

Are you guys done with the M4A1 lowers?

Would like to pick up 2 or 3 more if possible. Please let us know if you guys are done or just busy with others ATM

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Ok, then that would actually be me then.

I use this label maker:

DYMO Label Maker with 3 Bonus Labeling Tapes | LetraTag 100H Handheld Label Maker & LT Label Tapes, Easy-to-Use, Great for Home & Office Organization

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BD6DRI6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tk8ODbA13PF5Q
View Quote
The hero I deserved tonight.
Page / 657
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top