Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/3/2018 10:29:58 AM EDT
From what Ive heard, the floor jacks @ Harbor Freight are a pretty good deal, especially with a 20% off coupon. Curious what model would be the best for working on an F150 and Mazda6. I don't need the tip top line Daytona as Im hoping one of the other models would fit my need well.  Anyone have a suggestion or experience to help guide me to a more informed choice?

Oh and I don't need the moran lamp or laser guided paint brush, already got those free with coupon
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
3 Tom aluminum racing floor jack
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#2]
the 3 ton one should work for ya
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Skip the aluminum ones. They've collapsed on themselves, crushed sideways. Google a vid on it.

Get a 5 ton jack, dont skimp on a 2.5 or 3. I got a 2.5 and tried to lift one side of my k1500 and it wouldn't do the job.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Get the Daytona anyway.  It's only $179 with a coupon.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Skip the aluminum ones. They've collapsed on themselves, crushed sideways. Google a vid on it.

Get a 5 ton jack, dont skimp on a 2.5 or 3. I got a 2.5 and tried to lift one side of my k1500 and it wouldn't do the job.
View Quote
Don't think they offer a 5 Ton from what it looks like online.  I would think the steel would hold up better than aluminum as well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought the 3 ton rapid pump jack.  Works great putting my Outback up in the air.  It may not fit under a car,unless you drive it up on some 2x4s.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Looking at the fine print of the 20% off coupon it says it can’t be used on floor jacks or compressors?

I was hoping to pick up a new air compressor soon and thought I could get 20% off...
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Great Jack, have two at my shop. They roll smooth as butter!
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Read the fine print on the coupon.  Usually can't use for jacks, generators, and other shit.

I have the 2 ton aluminum rapid pump and a slightly older slow pump very low profile jack..  Both HF, both heavily used and no leaks.  I have owned several before and they all leaked.  I usually sell them off before they run out of fluid.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looking at the fine print of the 20% off coupon it says it can’t be used on floor jacks or compressors?

I was hoping to pick up a new air compressor soon and thought I could get 20% off...
View Quote
Well isn't that just perfect... Figures.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#11]
3 ton Daytona

It's so close to the Snap-on model that they got sued, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

That sucks!  I was going to get one of the 10 gallon ones.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
http://www.hfqpdb.com/

Find a coupon for what you want
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Just to add, I have two sets of jack stands. The jack is only to get the car/truck UP so I can rest it on the stands.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
A jack capable or rated of lifting 5000lbs wouldn't jack up one side of your truck?? Then the jack was faulty, it wasn't the weight limit that was the issue.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is what I got when I needed a replacement. Have had it about 4 months, used it a few times, so far, so good.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#17]
This 2-ton low profile, extra long reach, extra high height, is the one all the tuners like to buy.  Harbor Freight never puts this one on sale, because it's the one everyone wants to buy.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-low-profilelong-reach-steel-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-68050.html

It gets all the way under super low performance cars and lifts a whopping 2 feet off the ground.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a few of their steel/aluminum jacks.  I have no complaints about any of them.  When you first get them, bleed them properly and top off the oil.  Makes a world of difference.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I have the 3 ton aluminum and while it's great for my little DD Saturn, it will barely lift my GMC 2500 high enough to get a tire off. I have to use a piece of 4x4 lumber between the jack and frame to get it up high enough to set it on a jackstand.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have the 3 ton aluminum and while it's great for my little DD Saturn, it will barely lift my GMC 2500 high enough to get a tire off. I have to use a piece of 4x4 lumber between the jack and frame to get it up high enough to set it on a jackstand.
View Quote
That's about all Id need to do for the truck, just get it up high enough that I can get it on the stand to change brakes/rotors when needed. The more extensive work would be on the smaller Mazda6.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a steel 3 ton floor jack, and on track days I use a 2.5 ton aluminum from harbor freight.

the 2.5 and 3 ton alum are good to go. the smaller one (smaller than 2.5 ton with one long roller wheel) sucks and is garbage.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
3 Tom aluminum racing floor jack
View Quote
No reasonable mechanic needs 3 Toms.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#24]
looking at HFT this looks a lot like my 30+ year old jack

I wouldn't get an aluminum jack of any kind, I've seen many bent and broken from HFT and Snap-On both.

I have a 3.5 ton floor jack I got at K-mart in 1986, it's made of steel and weighs about 75 lbs and still works perfectly after 30+ years
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just to add, I have two sets of jack stands. The jack is only to get the car/truck UP so I can rest it on the stands.
View Quote

Two sets?  I have four.  Sometimes you need two cars up at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
I came here to post this.  My old harbor freight jack is a bit long in the tooth (about 12 years old now?), and I think I'm about to spring for the Costco Arcan.  They've actually got 2 different ones.  The one above is aluminum and I like it because it's lighter, but I've noticed the one in my store now which is all steel, but possibly more durable?:

XL3000 ARCAN 3 TON FLOOR JACK REVIEW.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Sale on the Daytona's.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a big orange steel one from HF.  Have had it about 15 years.  It has been great.

I honestly expected it to be garbage, but it's still going strong.

Looking at what they have now, I guess it would be closest to the 3 or 4 ton steel units.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#29]
I've been thinking of the 1.5T for track days.  Seems small enough to throw in the trunk and effective enough to change tires.  (anything beyond that will be using jack stands)
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
THis
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
3 ton Daytona

It's so close to the Snap-on model that they got sued, IIRC.
View Quote
It was over trade dress. Snap-on lost. It is the same jack with a few differences here and there. Same factory, same pump. Some structural enhancements over the snap-on IIRC
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This 2-ton low profile, extra long reach, extra high height, is the one all the tuners like to buy.  Harbor Freight never puts this one on sale, because it's the one everyone wants to buy.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-low-profilelong-reach-steel-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-68050.html

It gets all the way under super low performance cars and lifts a whopping 2 feet off the ground.
View Quote

They used to have a 5 ton version of that, not such a low profile, but it really got a 4x4 up in the air.  I wish I hadn't given that jack away to a friend.  I thought I could just go get another, but they stopped selling it.    I really want that jack you posted.  I have to use two jacks to get some of my lowered trucks up in the air.  A low pro under the bumper and then the other under the crossmember.  That long jack would save some time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:04:45 PM EDT
[#33]
I like the low profile 3 ton as it raises higher than the regular 3 ton.

You can get it on sale for roughly $80 (maybe even a few bones cheaper)

Should be adequate for half-ton pickup
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have this one and it works very well
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sale on the Daytona's.
View Quote
They do have this one for $120 but no reviews.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-steel-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-64200.html

Otherwise from what you all are saying this looks to be the best bet since its lower profile and still 3 ton lift.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-Low-Profile-Steel-Heavy-Duty-Floor-Jack-with-Rapid-Pump-61282.html
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try it anyways, sometimes they'll just give it to you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:12:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's the one I bought.......low enough to work under my Mini Cooper and raises high enough for my lifted Jeep.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have a steel 3 ton floor jack, and on track days I use a 2.5 ton aluminum from harbor freight.

the 2.5 and 3 ton alum are good to go. the smaller one (smaller than 2.5 ton with one long roller wheel) sucks and is garbage.
View Quote
I had the smaller single wheel 2 ton and I beat it like a redheaded step dog.  I was always worried about the capacity, but it never failed. 

Again, I always sell off my jacks after a few years at a yard sale and get a fresh one.  It is easier to sell shit when it is still working.

Always use jack stands. 
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Otherwise from what you all are saying this looks to be the best bet since its lower profile and still 3 ton lift.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-Low-Profile-Steel-Heavy-Duty-Floor-Jack-with-Rapid-Pump-61282.html
View Quote
My latest HF flyer has a sale coupon for this jack, $89.99.  I may have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#41]
I have one of their big but low profile steel floor jacks.  Works great but its weight is excessive, I should have gone with the aluminum.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Bought a steel low pro fast lift 3 ton and love it! Would recommend!
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:19:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Amazon has that jack too, $224.  Prime.  Make them ship it.   Probably exact model with different brand.

Amazon
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I've been at the HF checkout once and saw a large heavy duty steel truck jack that had been returned.  The body of the lift arm was twisted in dramatic fashion.  I'd hate to be the guy using it when it shit the bed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've been at the HF checkout once and saw a large heavy duty steel truck jack that had been returned.  The body of the lift arm was twisted in dramatic fashion.  I'd hate to be the guy using it when it shit the bed.
View Quote
That might be from misuse.  I.e, not using the jack on solid, level concrete.

If you try to jack a vehicle on soil or in the yard, it will cause any jack to pretzel up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I have the 3-ton low-profile, and it's been 100%.  I did bleed it as the instructions said to do.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
I mean, that's literally how you're supposed to do it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I recently bought the Pittsburgh Automotive Heavy Duty 3-ton with a $79.99 coupon:
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-low-profile-steel-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-61282.html

I really like it so far
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Harbor Freight just recently released a new line of less expensive Daytona series floor jacks that are much cheaper. I have the yellow one and love it, there’s a coupon around for it specifically that makes it $179.

I have a competition orange Mach 1 I may get the new low profile Daytona floor jack to match it lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I mean, that's literally how you're supposed to do it.
View Quote
I know this, but not everyone else does or literally does things how they are supposed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top