Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2001 2:25:27 PM EDT
I just recieved my curio and relic license and the darn ATF left the first letter off my last name. Now I bet they'll make me send it back to them so they can reissue me another one. Just more waiting. AAAAAAAGGHHHH!!![pissed]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
How long did you have to wait? I applied May 1st.
It might be easier to change your legal name!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny you should say that. My C&R license also came with a mispelled last name. You must destroy this and all copies because the license is invalid and can cause both you and any wholesaler a lot of headaches if it were to come to light in some otherwise incidental investigation by the ATF. They will replace if you call them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Fallschirmjaegar, it's only supposed to take 30 days, mine took about 50. I guess they needed the extra time to figure out how to screw it up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I live near atlanta and the branch for lisceing,well I cant spell it rat now,is here, when I applied I moved within a month after applying,and so now I get the thing forwarded to new house with old address on it. I called the lady I spoke with about the application earlier and she had a new one made up and I got it the same week.Just lucky and close by I guess,but was In close contact from begging(<-a typo but still accurate) to end.(I told them I was moving during the wait and they still sent it wrong)
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to get one but I will be moving in 3 months. How hard is it to change your address? Any extra costs involved, and do you have to wait to get the license with the new address before you can buy stuff with it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top