Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2001 12:07:49 PM EDT
...of Alec Baldwin????

I can't stand that phony!!!!

Famous Baldwin quotes -

[i]"we should go down to Henry Hydes house and stone him, his wife and his children to death."

"If Bush becomes President, I'm leaving the US." [/i]

AT least Baldwin chose the correct profession - an actor - i.e. someone who pretends to be something he is NOT.

Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to scream BANZAI! while I run up and down the ailes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate him to, but I really want to see this movie how about going during the matinee, that way you artificially lower the revenues?
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]
But what about [b]Ben Affleck[/b]?  He's [i]SOOO[/i] sexy!
(OK guys, I was kidding...That was a joke...mmkay?)
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
I am going to scream BANZAI! while I run up and down the ailes.
View Quote

Okay - as long as you do it naked, AND I'm NOT there.

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Go see the new Mummy movie, losts of automatic weapons fire and some great special effects.
Ice
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I am going to see it to form an honest opinion. Yes, Alec sucks but I still like "Hunting for Red October." And if he participates in a Pro US movie it just hurts the commie cause anyway.

If he played a role in "The Patriot" or "Saving Private Ryan" would you have shunned those movies as well? We need to support movies like these, yes even "Pearl Harbor" if it is fair and accurate as this shows Hollywood that we are here too and are sick of some of their crap. That is why I so enjoyed "Enemy at the Gates." Despite it's flaws and innacuracies it does honestly depict communisms disregard for it's own people. Democrats should be forced to watch that movie until they get it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
There's no denying that Baldwin is a real POS, but I went to see 'Saving Private Ryan' on the big screen 6 or 7 times, then bought the VHS and the DVD.

And we all know who was responsible for that particular movie - Steven Spielberg, a close friend and political contributor of Clinton.

And look who starred in that flick - Tom Hanks, a well-known gun...supporter?? NOT.

I've learned you gotta put that crap behind you when you go to the cinema, just consider it as part of your 'willing suspension of disbelief.'

But I have to see 'Pearl Harbor' if for no other reason that to rid my brain of the vision of those same three lame Zeros that keep flying past us in 'Tora, Tora, Tora.'

Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I will see it because it is a Pro United States movie, it has automatic weapons in it, it depicts explosions, it is about WW2, and Alec Baldwin will probably have a death scene in it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here is the kicker for me…Ben Afuck is also a screaming liberal….

The thing is I am so impressed with the raid on Tokyo. What unbelievable [b]BALLS[/b]… I mean to figure out an B-25 can do a one way trip off an aircraft carrier burn gook town and then have to [b]WALK[/b] home threw China…. I get goose bumps just thinking about it and with a history like that how could you be anything but [b]proud to be an American![/b]

There is also a lesson to our enemy’s, [i] We will get you no matter what![/I]
View Quote

Garry, that would be "nip town" please use the correct racial slurs. And yeah, Jimmy kicked ass.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here is the kicker for me…Ben Afuck is also a screaming liberal….

The thing is I am so impressed with the raid on Tokyo. What unbelievable [b]BALLS[/b]… I mean to figure out an B-25 can do a one way trip off an aircraft carrier burn gook town and then have to [b]WALK[/b] home threw China…. I get goose bumps just thinking about it and with a history like that how could you be anything but [b]proud to be an American![/b]

View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I watched a documentary on that raid on the History Channel and tears welled up in my eyes.  That to me represented the spirt of the United States.

View Quote

The Roosevelt speech on the movie trailer is also powerful.  "You tell that to our soldiers who are striking in the far east!"
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I am going to see it, Baldwin or no.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That is why I so enjoyed "Enemy at the Gates." Despite it's flaws and innacuracies it does honestly depict communisms disregard for it's own people. Democrats should be forced to watch that movie until they get it.
View Quote

Dou you think they CAN "get it?" Either way, I agree with your sentiment.

I felt like every US citizen should be required by law to see "Saving Private Ryan."

I'm not sure what I'll do about Pearl Harbor.

IMO, going to see this moveie will NOT change Hollywood's bias one iota. As far as making a pro-freedom / anti Hollywood / anti-Commie statement, I think there are much more powerful ways to get the message out, like writing a letter to the editor about RKBA, or whatever else, or writing our elected officials, but going to see a movie ain't helping our cause that much.

Lord knows this will rub the wrong way, but your statement "We need to support movies like these" is laughable. I'm NOT trying to be offensive here. i just think we've lost the knowledge of HOW to fight if we think that going to see a movie is "fighting for the cause."

Just one man's opinion....
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Just remember, Hollywood, and the entertainment industry in general is all about money and appearances.  These days, the audiences are interested in movies that prortray "the way it really was" and that are all about heroes.  That's why people who claim to be anti-gun are willing to make these movies.  It lines their pockets.  They are anti-gun because it helps them look good, since they are "trying to help the children" or some such thing.  They aren't making them "for the people" or "to show the true horrors of war".  If that were the case why weren't these types of movies made before?  It's not like the technology wasn't there to make them, Private Ryan wasn't a cutting edge FX film now was it?  It's because the audiences weren't interested in them.  If the tide turned and the general populace was pro-gun, they'd be right there saying that they were really pro-gun all along and try to disavow their previous anti-gun statements.  They are also the ones who say we commoners shouldn't have guns but live in fortified "compounds" surrounded by heavily armed guards.  

Just my 2 cents worth,
Adam Jacob
[email protected]
ICQ 47024895 "SoundGoat"
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
IMO, going to see this moveie will NOT change Hollywood's bias one iota. As far as making a pro-freedom / anti Hollywood / anti-Commie statement, I think there are much more powerful ways to get the message out, like writing a letter to the editor about RKBA, or whatever else, or writing our elected officials, but going to see a movie ain't helping our cause that much.

Lord knows this will rub the wrong way, but your statement "We need to support movies like these" is laughable. I'm NOT trying to be offensive here. i just think we've lost the knowledge of HOW to fight if we think that going to see a movie is "fighting for the cause."

Just one man's opinion....
View Quote

Consider the enemy in question. Hollywood is financially motivated. The will go where the revenue is. They don't give a damn about your letters. Look at FOX news. How conservative did they get AFTER the election. You may think it simplistic, but one good movie like "The Patriot" advances our cause more than 1000 NRA memberships. That is because people will listen to the message when presented by Mel Gibson in a good movie. How many regular Americans are checking to see what the NRA thinks?

Your letters and the efforts of the NRA are preaching to the choir. They rarely reach those who haven't made an opinion. These films do. Think about it. How much damage did qausi communist films of the 70s do to the mainstream of America. Think about ALL the agendas, they had a film to promote them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Consider the enemy in question. Hollywood is financially motivated. The will go where the revenue is. They don't give a damn about your letters.

Your letters and the efforts of the NRA are preaching to the choir. They rarely reach those who haven't made an opinion. These films do. Think about it. How much damage did qausi communist films of the 70s do to the mainstream of America. Think about ALL the agendas, they had a film to promote them.
View Quote

I see it differently. (Gee, what a shocker [;)] )

Hollywood WON'T go where the money isn't.

If we quit throwing our money to Commies like Baldwin, Hollywood would dump them.

Ultimately, we vote with our pocketbooks. And I'm as guilty as anyone on SPR. Loved it. Bought the video tape.

And the bottom line is this - as long as we keep throwing our money at the feet of Baldwin, Whoopi, Spielberg, ect, they will keep making their movies, Hollywood will keep promotring them, and these Commies will contiune to have their worldwide platform to spread Marxism.

Link Posted: 5/8/2001 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#18]
What??  You mean that nancy-boy Baldwin hasn't left the country yet?  

I'll probably see the movie if for no other reason than to see Zeros, Kates, and Vals flying over what appear to be decomissioned 70's era Kidd and Spruance class destroyers.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I wont see it becuase of the light weight cast. It's like putting The Backstreet Boys in a John Wayne movie.

Plus the Trailer (with Cuba Gooding Jr. shaking like a retard behind a non firing gun loaded with blanks) gives me fits.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#20]
And Steyr -

I'm NOT talking about writing Hollywood. They ARE "deaf ears" to our message.

I'm talking about writing our Congress critters. Were they to get sufficient pro-gun mail, they would vote differently, cuz they would know their job was on the line.

I'm taking about writing letters to teh editor , that get the truth about about gun rights, the founding fathers, defensive gun uses. People read those letters and learn from them.

But the fact that 3,000,000 peopel went to see Pearl harbor - I doubt that would sway our Congress men, or Joe Average on teh street.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Plus the Trailer (with Cuba Gooding Jr. shaking like a retard behind a non firing gun loaded with blanks) gives me fits.
View Quote

LMAO!

You know that some people, including Roger Moore, want Cuba to be the next James Bond.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO!

You know that some people, including Roger Moore, want Cuba to be the next James Bond.
View Quote
                                            A.K.A.  "Affirmative Action".......[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I am not going to give Hallmark Cards, Syl Stallone, Levi's, Ben & Jerry's etc, any of my hard earned money. F'em.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I will never see this movie...  To many guns and violence.  You all should be ashamed of yourselves!!!  You all make me sick!!!
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I think the problem is this:
 The majority of Hollywood/media is liberal, and unless you want to boycott cinema in general, they're going to be in every thing you see.
We'll just have to continue to fight the good fight and try to educate the ignorant.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#28]

My .02 [;)]

A lot of us here remember watching
John Wayne - Gary Cooper -and Audie Murphy
movies on TV as kids - or even in theatres
(old Farts lol ) and even today on Cable TV.

A patriotic war movie is very effective
at bringing out buried feelings in people!

I took my 17 year old to see "Enemy at the  
Gate" - at his request - (Loved it )

"the Longest Day" - "Red Dawn" - cmon - these
movies are heart stirring !

I only see 3 or 4 movies a year in theatres -
and I pretty much stick to War movies.

So yes - I will go see PH - Not because it's
a "tour de Force " - or because of the FX -
and certainly not because I hope it's Historicaly correct.

Nah - I just want to see the kids faces light up when the Good Guys Win . [:D]

Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I will rent it on video because I will not support the large profit margins the (severely anti-gun)movie makers get at the theaters.  When it comes out on video, I will most likely buy it, when their profit margin is a little more slim.

Why contribute to them, so they can contribute to HCI and Dianne Fineswine!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I guess you guys won't want to know who's going to play Jack Ryan in the upcoming Tom Clancy movie adaptations.  That's right, Ben Affleck.  His politics are the smallest problem.  The guy is too young to play Jack Ryan.  He MAYBE could have pulled off The Hunt for Red October at his current age.  Maybe.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#31]
My understanding is that Dec.7 is considered a National Holiday in Japan.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I for one am going to see the movie to see how realistic they are to the true story.  Will they discuss the infamous 7:00am RADAR incident?  Will they even acknowledge that RADAR was installed at Pearl Harbor 6 months prior to the attack?  Will they cover how we had to sacrifice some of our men, too many of our men, to provide a reason to get into the war?

If we continue to see pro-gun movies that show a sense of patriotism, of sacrifice and honor, and of doing the right thing no matter what the costs, perhaps that is what the liberals will give us.  And think of the eventuality...  these movies might start to sway the general public, and the movie makers will have lost at their own game.  And what are the biggest budget movies from the last 5 years?  Action...  (OK, let's leave Titanic under the water where she should be)  And what makes for the best action???  See above under the listings of pro-gun, patriotic, etc.  

The Patriot, for all of it's controversy involving the kids shooting to kill, highlighted a very true fact in our history, children have learned the fine art of shooting from a very young age.  And they had free access to guns in those days as well.  And how many school shootings were there?  How many maniacs?  And the pride of country that people came away from that movie with?  How can you top that?  

X-Men is another high budget movie that also subtly, or not so subtly to our group, supported freedoms.  Picture the corrolaries of registering mutants versus guns.  They even said so in the movie.  We were OBVIOUSLY treated with respect in that movie, and that one movie allowed me to convert one person to at least a middle of the road stance in regards to guns.

I'm seeing it opening night...  I hope to see more card carrying NRA members there as well!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#33]
True that Baldwin is a fool.  But he is one hell of an actor.  Consider this:  many of the actors and actresses making movies today are members of the far-left liberal elite, Sharon Stone for example.  However, as along as Sharon is doing her job, which is to entertain and tittilate me, I don't care about her politics.  She can mouth off all she wants, as long as she delivers when the time comes.  Same goes for Baldwin, Hanks, Spielberg, DeNiro, and anyone else you care to name.  Their job is to entertain ME.  If they think that earns them the right to spout off in public, I can live with that.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#34]
three reality checks:

one: Jimmy Doolittle's raid on Tokyo made history, made America feel good, but in retaliation, the Japanese used it as a pretext to massacre anywhere from 100,000 to 2,000,000 Chinese civilians, because some Chinese aided Doolittle and his crews in their escape from occupied China. Talk about unintended consequences....the crews were heroes, and those who were made POWs by the Japanese suffered terribly, but I wonder if they would have been so eager to drop a couple of tons of bombs on Tokyo, if they had known that the raid would lead to such a wholesale slaughter of their Chinese civilian allies?

two: Blacks at Pearl Harbor- I forget his name, but a black ship's cook on some burning ship in the middle of the attack, took it upon himself to take over an unmanned .30 cal. machine gun AA mount, amid strafing, fires and explosions, and fire upon marauding Japanese aircraft.

He was a cook, not normally allowed near the guns (BTW I can't think of any blacks in combat positions on ships in the USN in WW2-please correct me if I am wrong), he could have bugged out and hid, or jumped, but instead he stayed and fought. I don't know if he ever got a medal for it, but if he did not, he should have.

three: the planes in the trailer for Pearl Harbor look like the same ol' SNJs and T-6s converted to ersatz Zeros, Vals and Kates for
a previous movie effort: Tora, Tora, Tora. That film was a snoozer. I expect much the same. hell, with the skills around nowadays,they could have built Zekes and P-40s from scratch....they've done it with F3Fs- same technology.

Alec Baldwin? I don't even wanna go there- I just finished eating...>hurl<.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#35]
My dad was there...fought throughout the pacific and a couple of years later did it again in Korea...I wont give any Whorlywood sodomite a nickel if at all possible
they are the death of my country and I hate them all....
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm not gonna see it...
I already saw Tora!Tora!Tora!
[heavy]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
True that Baldwin is a fool.  But he is one hell of an actor.  Consider this:  many of the actors and actresses making movies today are members of the far-left liberal elite, Sharon Stone for example.  However, as along as Sharon is doing her job, which is to entertain and tittilate me, I don't care about her politics.  She can mouth off all she wants, as long as she delivers when the time comes.  Same goes for Baldwin, Hanks, Spielberg, DeNiro, and anyone else you care to name.  Their job is to entertain ME.  If they think that earns them the right to spout off in public, I can live with that.  
View Quote

I thought Sharon Stone was on our side partially. I heard she loved to shoot sporting clays.  Or is that the hip, friendly, PC gun to shoot when your rolling in it?  One thing I do know is that when I find out that someone or something is an anti I do my best to avoid them/it like the plague. I'll spend $20 to keep them from making a dime. As for the movies I can also see your points.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#38]
I will be in the theatre on Memorial Day to watch it...

I can overlook Mr. Baldwin's ignorance long enough to see a film that take us back to a time when freedom was not a bad word... as Mr. Brokaw puts it "The Greatest Generation"

I am gonna remember my buddies and my father's buddies.  That's what Memorial Day is about...

I hope I am not dissapointed with the results

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Ok, I just couldn't resist posting this -- I saw a commercial for the movie, and. . .arg.

My grandfather's action report from the battle of Pearl Harbor; he was captain of the [i]Raleigh[/i], a light cruiser.

[url]http://www.anotherpundit.com/cgi/viewnews.cgi?newsid985808922,61370,[/url]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Well, the Pearl Harbor attack will occupy about 15 minutes of a 2 hour film. The rest of the movie is going to revolve around some silly ass love story.

We all know how important love stories are to a great war film. Remember "Enemy At The Gates"? I don't know about you, but screw that dumb sniper stuff, what MY war films need more of is the hero nailing more chicks. Especially if the hero is Alec Baldwin!

The M4 movie rating for this one.....2 stars(out of 10)

1 star goes simply to respect the subject matter.

The other star going to the, most likely, cool special effects during the attack sequence.

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#41]
I doubt that I will see it. I avoid patronizing the Hollywood scene as much as possible.

My dad was a Pearl Harbor survivor(he was 19 years old! Think about it!) and unfortunately passed away back in '93. I wish he were hear today to comment about it.  I was fortunate to hear first hand of the "day that will live in infamy". I didn't even know he was there till I was around 13-14 years old.  I squirm to think what hollywood has done to embellish on such an incredibly important event in the history of this great nation. The trailers I have seen on TV are already indicative of that. Those of you that are young, please don't get your history from the movies as most do these days. We are losing our great American Heroes at an alarming rate every day, take the initiative to talk to the ones that are left and WERE THERE, now there's a something worth listening to!

Tim
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#42]
How about we all skip it. When the movie hits the video stores, I'll steal one and we can mail it to each other.Or we could just sneak in to the theatre. If you buy stuff at the concession stand, only the movie company loses.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think the problem is this:
 The majority of Hollywood/media is liberal, and unless you want to boycott cinema in general,
View Quote

I'd have no problem with that... why give money to people who are going to, in turn, take your money and give it to anti-freedom causes?

If you were an organ donor, would you want to have your lungs going to Sarah Brady?

If fewer people forked over their bux to sit slack-jawed at mindless liberal propaganda on movie screens and the idiot box, further stupefying themselves, and did something about our disappearing freedoms instead, this world would be a much better place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top