Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 253
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Haha, that's pretty funny.

Not to intentionally rub salt in the wound, but I never got why some people talk about Elway like he's some great judge of QB talent.

Drafted Brock Osweiler in 2012 and tried to sign him to a long term deal.  He lucked out when the Texans offered him more money.

Drafted Zac Dysert in 2013.

Drafted Trevor Siemian in 2015.

Drafted Paxton Lynch in 2016 in the first round giving up a first and a third round pick to get him.

I really hope Chad Kelly does well though.  He could be a fun player to watch.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course a LOT of it is luck.  Jerry Jones wanted to draft Johnny Manziel in 2014, but was talked out of it by his son (who can't take the reins fast enough) and ended up settling for a guy that would go on to to become arguably the best guard in the NFL.

Then in 2016 Jerry tried to trade up to get Paxton Lynch, but got outbid by the Broncos.  Then he tried to trade up to get Connor Cook, but got outbid by the Raiders.  They ended up having to settle for their 5th+ best option in Dak Prescott.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Dez left Cleveland with no deal . Wonder what he wanted vs what they wanted to pay
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you guys start a fantasy league?

Sorry found the sports forum.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you guys start a fantasy league?   If not would you be interested in a 10-12 team league?
View Quote
Check the Sports Talk forum. There are a couple of leagues here. Some years back I was involved in two leagues here and was commissioner of one. It was fun. Changed jobs and didn't have the time so I left both leagues. Some of the most competitive leagues I've ever been in.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Jalen Ramsey has been busy on suspension trashing all QBs around the league, saying brady and rodgers 'doesn't suck' and calling Watson and Wentz 'future mvps' and saying luck is 'not good' and Ryan is 'overrated.'
Then he says bortles 'do what he gotta do.'
View Quote
He's a team player. He's shit talkin' other teams. He wants more thrown ball opportunities coming his way.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Again? Did he tear the other one?

Poor guy can’t catch a break.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
The Chiefs don’t have a defense.

Mahomes is going to be terrifying for fans of both teams.

He took a bad shot into double coverage that was picked, and another bad end zone shot that should have been picked.

The flip side is, he had a decent TD completion that got called back, and he had long bomb that went 70 yards though the air to Hill for a TD.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Congratulations. You follow the NFL more closely than everyone else. You are now afforded the right to be an ass.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Congratulations. You follow the NFL more closely than everyone else. You are now afforded the right to be an ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you okay, TG?  What happened?  Did more stuff come out on Rodgers and his gay lover?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Haha, that's pretty funny.

Not to intentionally rub salt in the wound, but I never got why some people talk about Elway like he's some great judge of QB talent.

Drafted Brock Osweiler in 2012 and tried to sign him to a long term deal.  He lucked out when the Texans offered him more money.

Drafted Zac Dysert in 2013.

Drafted Trevor Siemian in 2015.

Drafted Paxton Lynch in 2016 in the first round giving up a first and a third round pick to get him.

I really hope Chad Kelly does well though.  He could be a fun player to watch.
View Quote
He tried to trade for Kaepernick in 2016.  He got lucky on that one, but still.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Fun.

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice. Was it a pretty high pass as well?

I thought Rodgers 60 something yard hail mary against the lions was nuts, it was so high in the air and a ridiculous long throw.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Are you okay, TG?  What happened?  Did more stuff come out on Rodgers and his gay lover?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m just fine. Just thinking back to the last time the Bois beat the Packers. I remember watching while I was sorting post apocalyptic supplies for the upcoming Y2K.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’m just fine. Just thinking back to the last time the Bois beat the Packers. I remember watching while I was sorting post apocalyptic supplies for the upcoming Y2K.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve seen the cliche “did it happen again” joke made in response to a dupe post/thread over a 100 times here and I’ve never seen someone take offense to it before (especially someone who the post wasn’t even directed at) so you’re obviously pissy. But you also claim to you were preparing for Y2K in 2016 so maybe you’re drunk too.  Hang in there though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I’ve seen the cliche “did it happen again” joke made in response to a dupe post/thread over a 100 times here and I’ve never seen someone take offense to it before (especially someone who the post wasn’t even directed at) so you’re obviously pissy. But you also claim to you were preparing for Y2K in 2016 so maybe you’re drunk too.  Hang in there though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I clearly remember prepping in '99. I was busy beating my girlfriend, and asking my team to cover for me...

Whoa. I just channeled my inner Ezekiel Elliot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:27:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I thought Rodgers 60 something yard hail mary against the lions was nuts, it was so high in the air and a ridiculous long throw.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It leaves the field of view and drops back in.

Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:31:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJsaV5X8P0
View Quote
Nice.

Doesn't look like the same trajectory as Rodgers hail mary, that thing was like artillery lol, but that kid has a cannon for an arm.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:23:02 AM EDT
[#20]
lol, week 2 of preseason and this thread is already revved up... i love this thread.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:26:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No, I clearly remember prepping in '99. I was busy beating my girlfriend, and asking my team to cover for me...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:28:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impressive.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#23]
AJ McCarron suffered a fracture in his collar bone.

Josh Allen to the wolves!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Flash Gordon rejoined the Browns today. I don’t know what that means for Dez but it can’t be helpful for his chances.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Sigh, the Skins still can't score TDs in the Red Zone.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol
All that's needed to make our Red Zone misery complete is for "Lucy" to pull the ball away from the FG kicker.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

All that's needed to make our Red Zone misery complete is for "Lucy" to pull the ball away from the FG kicker.
View Quote
man, i know guice would've helped with those issues. hopefully they can get their act together for the reg season. i don't try to take too much from preseason b/c it's doesn't mean that much most the time, i will say, the d line looked good on the highlights i saw. the 'Bama pro line just might work.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
What do you think the problem is?  I was flipping back and forth on their game with the Jets on Thursday and it seemed like whenever they were on offense they were moving the ball with ease and then I'd flip back and see they had to settle for a FG.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Flash Gordon rejoined the Browns today. I don’t know what that means for Dez but it can’t be helpful for his chances.
View Quote
The Ravens have to feel like they dodged a bullet with him turning down their $21M/3 year deal.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:04:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What do you think the problem is?  I was flipping back and forth on their game with the Jets on Thursday and it seemed like whenever they were on offense they were moving the ball with ease and then I'd flip back and see they had to settle for a FG.
View Quote
i haven't seen much of them in pre season action but it's kind of been gruden's kryptonite through out his tenure in DC. they have a good o line and while not the best offensive weapons, they definitely have enough to get some TDs. i think part of it is always the lack of a solid run game. skins haven't had a solid back since Portis and even he was banged up near the end of his career. i imagine it's not that hard to scheme against the skins in the redzone.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The Ravens have to feel like they dodged a bullet with him turning down their $21M/3 year deal.
View Quote
and dez has got to be kicking himself.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe not now (he is pretty delusional after all), but I bet at some point Dez is going to look back on that decision like he tore up a winning lotto ticket.

And judging by his spending habits and all the leaches in his life he'll probably go broke within two years after retirement.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
I still don't know why Dez walked away from that. It's mystifying.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because he believes he is still a top 5 WR and that a one year “prove it” deal would be the best thing for him.  He also expected WAY, WAY more interest.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hahahaha. That's not very nice. You shouldn't bring things like that up. It's bad enought the poor guy has to watch his teams last Super Bowl on his VCR.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hahahaha. That's not very nice. You shouldn't bring things like that up. It's bad enought the poor guy has to watch his teams last Super Bowl on his VCR.
View Quote
Its always nice to hear from our Johnny-come-lately Eagles fans.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Kind of an interesting video.

The Most Bizarre NFL Records of All-Time | NFL Vault

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are bandwagon Eagles fans going to make bandwagon Seahawks fans look reasonsble? I think so.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Are bandwagon Eagles fans going to make bandwagon Seahawks fans look reasonsble? I think so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been a couple years since we were full of the ‘KEEP POUNDING’ crew too...
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's possible, but it's hard to imagine them being worse than the bandwagon Panthers fans were.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's possible, but it's hard to imagine them being worse than the bandwagon Panthers fans were.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, yeah that was easily the worst I've ever seen here.  Some of them could be pretty amusing though.  I remember two of them attempting to talk shit by talking about the Cowboys having not won a Super Bowl since the 90's and when asked why they would bring that up when the Panthers haven't ever won a Super Bowl their response was basically:

Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Martin (the All Pro guard, not the backup that signed a $800k/1 year deal) left the game with a knee injury.

It was after Kirkpatrick went low on him so at least it wasn't a non-contact injury.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Zack Martin reportedly “just” had a hyperextended left knee.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#48]
The Vikings lost 6 players to injury in their game against the Jags.  3 of the 6 had to be carted off the field.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#49]
It seems to me that since the new CBA was negotiated with far, far less contact allowed in practices, that injuries in the preseason has jumped significantly.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:32:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Zack Martin reportedly “just” had a hyperextended left knee.
View Quote
Sure hope that’s all

As for dez, If no team has a major injury , he may be hanging up his cleats.  I’ve been watching a lot of old clips of romo and TO. TO was never known to have great hands but he was open, a lot. He used speed and power to get past the entire secondary . Dez is always blanketed in coverage . He just has zero separation abilities.
Page / 253
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top