Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/25/2018 8:36:46 PM EDT
You're not an NRA member. You used to be, but didn't renew. You were a member, but quit when they threw bumpstocks under the bus. You've never been a member.

Whatever.

Now is the time to join. Put your differences aside for a while and become a member. Just do it for a year, if nothing else.

I belong to a lot of other pro-2A organizations too, but nobody is tweeting #BoycottGOA. Nobody cares about them. The NRA is the 500 lb gorilla in the room.

To make your decision easier, I will buy the first three people who ask for one an NRA Associate Membership. I don't care if you're rich or poor. I don't care if you've been a member before or not. I don't care if you agree with everything they do or not. The first three people to post saying they want a membership get a membership.

Part 2 - A Challenge to other NRA members

Match me. An NRA Associate Membership costs $10. Offer to buy a few memberships for people who are on the fence. Post to this thread, and offer a few membership.

ETA: I will even share with you the secret of staying off their junk mail lists! Just call 1-800-NRA-3888 and ask to be put on the "Do Not Promote" list.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a life member.   I'm going to get an eagle also, just never got around to it.

I will buy a associate membership for someone.

First person to quote this gets the membership.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm willing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
OP Kicks ass.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I burnt the shit out of my life member certificate when they went full retard on bumpstocks (which I don't own, which I have no desire to own)

I do plan to buy my son a year membership

just like trump wasn't my first choice, sometimes you just have to suck it up and try not to be a dumbass
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I burnt the shit out of my life member certificate when they went full retard on bumpstocks (which I don't own, which I have no desire to own)

I do plan to buy my son a year membership

just like trump wasn't my first choice, sometimes you just have to suck it up and try not to be a dumbass
View Quote
You're probably still a life member, though. Did you send in your ballot yet?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I made this offer in another thread for one Associate membership.  I'm still waiting for someone to take me up on it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I went full retard (I'll admit it) and stopped paying my life membership when the bumpstock shit went down. I was very vocal about it.
With this current situation, and listening to Dana Loesch and Wayne LaPierre, it has tempered my opinion a bit.
It still boggles my mind how many here were so quick to throw me (bumpstocks) under the bus.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Here lately I've been thinking about eating crow and renewing.In life there comes a point where I may not agree with someone about much but I can count on that person to have my back. I am blessed to have my rights I do and feel like I need to step up and have the backs of those who do not have these rights. I stand here and say F springfield and RRA for selling out the the 2nd. Taking for granted I have rights and can sit here and do nothing to help as everyone else loses there rights. How can I sit here and be claim to be holier than thow shitting on those for still supporting SA and RRA while I am no better than they for Turing my backs on fellow Americans who need all the help than can get to get their rights I take for granted? I do not want a free NRA membership but OP right now I will rejoin.

ETA- Just renewed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I need to re-up. Been kinda pissed at the NRA but no better choices and it seems tgey might have grown a pair, a small pair, but a pair no less, here of late.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]
NRA must not want my money. I put my credit card details in and click join and then it brings me to the life membership sign up page.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#11]
what the hell I will take one, I have said for years I should join, and just never did, maybe it will be like my membership here when it comes due I just wont be able to leave.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am a life member.   I'm going to get an eagle also, just never got around to it.

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I need to re-up. Been kinda pissed at the NRA but no better choices and it seems tgey might have grown a pair, a small pair, but a pair no less, here of late.
View Quote
PM me your name and address.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
what the hell I will take one, I have said for years I should join, and just never did, maybe it will be like my membership here when it comes due I just wont be able to leave.
View Quote
PM me your name and address
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I went full retard (I'll admit it) and stopped paying my life membership when the bumpstock shit went down. I was very vocal about it.
With this current situation, and listening to Dana Loesch and Wayne LaPierre, it has tempered my opinion a bit.
It still boggles my mind how many here were so quick to throw me (bumpstocks) under the bus.
View Quote
You can call them and you can start paying again with full credit for what you've already paid.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

PM me your name and address
View Quote
Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:25:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Joined again after a hiatus.  Signed up for the 2 year.

Thanks for starting this thread OP.

@OverScoped  @LDL7071    
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM me your name and address and email.  I'll do it Monday afternoon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I was an annual member for many years. I even actively recruited for them at WAC shows for a few years. I decided to upgrade to a life membership while it was on sale. I sent a couple hundred in, per the payment plan offering. A few years later, it was discovered they had applied my money to recurring annual membership. We were never able to reconcile it, so I never renewed. I applaud what they do, but, currently, paying them to do it isn't in my budget. Social Security isn't the gravy train that welfare is...
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Submitted. 2-4 weeks for membership card.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I let mine expire a while back before I knew about the do not promote thing. I got so irritated with the constant calls and mailings.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#23]
If the offer stands, I’ll take one please.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I let mine expire a while back before I knew about the do not promote thing. I got so irritated with the constant calls and mailings.
View Quote
Read the last line of the OP. It tells you how you can stop the calls and mailings.

Or, just realize that every one of those calls and mailings that they do generates money for the NRA, which they use to defend our rights and support the shooting sports.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was an annual member for many years. I even actively recruited for them at WAC shows for a few years. I decided to upgrade to a life membership while it was on sale. I sent a couple hundred in, per the payment plan offering. A few years later, it was discovered they had applied my money to recurring annual membership. We were never able to reconcile it, so I never renewed. I applaud what they do, but, currently, paying them to do it isn't in my budget. Social Security isn't the gravy train that welfare is...
View Quote
I'll pay them for you, then. PM me your name and address.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Keep your money...I don't need your handout and I didn't renew because I couldn't afford it.  I stopped giving them my money because they will bargain our rights away a little at a time, but you keep on giving them your money.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I joined last week. Don't know why I haven't before now...

I plan on getting a life membership as soon as I can do the easy pay on the $600 deal.

Yeah, I'm annoyed with them on the whole bump stock thing but rather than shit around and bitch, I figured I'd be part of the solution and change them from the inside.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I was moved to California for work. I have never been a member so I am unaware if the NRA represent individuals of foreign nations. But seriously, are there any organizations that promote rights in this State? Or is California a lost cause?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I will renew mine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I bailed (wrote the letter) when they failed on the bumpstocks. Like many, I'm on the fence, but I want to see a fucking relentless hammer before I ever get back on board.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Keep your money...I don't need your handout and I didn't renew because I couldn't afford it.  I stopped giving them my money because they will bargain our rights away a little at a time, but you keep on giving them your money.
View Quote
Do you think Everytown perfectly represents Bloomberg's wishes? Of course not. That slimy cocksucker would take away each and every gun tomorrow if he could. But he's willing to throw his money behind what's, in his eyes, a less-than-perfect organization in order to move closer to his goals.

@Aimless pointed out in an earlier thread: Was the military a perfect organization when you signed up? Or were you willing to put up with some shit that wasn't ideal to you, in order to support a greater good?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you again!
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, op thinks everyone is poor.
So edgy
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If the offer stands, I’ll take one please.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks Op. Solid act your offering ARF
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I will buy 5. Send requests to the OP. When he’s full I will take over.

ETA: OP send me your payment info and I’ll just send you the money as you need it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#38]
I was a Life of Duty member for years, then when I got injured on duty apprehending armed robbers and was forced out on an early medical, pennies got pinched, big time. NRA and membership here was among those on the chopping block...

I would humbly and appreciatively accept the offer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I was a Life of Duty member for years, then when I got injured on duty apprehending armed robbers and was forced out on an early medical, pennies got pinched, big time. NRA and membership here was among those on the chopping block...

I would humbly and appreciatively accept the offer.
View Quote
PM me your info.

@kokopelli
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So edgy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So edgy
The irony. Go shit in another thread man, jfc
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I need to rejoin. Usually join every year at the wannenmachers show because I get in free that way. Didn't make it this. Wish I could afford a life membership but can't afford it right now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
I let mine and my sons go a few years back too. The constant calling and junk mail pissed me off until I finally got on the do not solicit list. The NRA ILA chicken little emails kept coming multiple times a day. They also constantly sent renewal notices saying our memberships were expiring. I always paid for multi year memberships and I know at least once I fell for it and paid twice in the same period. I finally just got to the point where I hated them so much I threw all the shit in the garbage and unsubscribed from every email until it finally stopped. I disconnected the house phone (Not for them) and that took care of any phone calls. They seriously need to restructure the whole organization.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

PM me your info.

@kokopelli
View Quote
INCOMING!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I’ve been on the fence for the past year but for 10 bucks I’m in. Can someone post the link.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I was moved to California for work. I have never been a member so I am unaware if the NRA represent individuals of foreign nations. But seriously, are there any organizations that promote rights in this State? Or is California a lost cause?
View Quote
CalGuns
CRPA

But today, the national organizations are the more important ones. NRA and SAF.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#46]
OP I sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I’ve been on the fence for the past year but for 10 bucks I’m in. Can someone post the link.
View Quote
https://joinnra.nra.org/join/Associate.aspx

The $10 membership doesn't come with the monthly magazine, but that's the only difference.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

INCOMING!!!
View Quote
Done
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#49]
bump
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Good on op.
I'll leave a penny. IM me. #metoo
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top