Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2001 5:36:32 PM EDT
After spending more time than I care to admit trying to get an upper from M1S to work, in a fit of rage I went to the local gun show and bought an AK. Romanian WUM in 7.62 Once I cleaned off all the cosmoline and got all the metal filings out we went to the range. To say the least this seems to be a best buy. 2.5 in groups, no trigger slap, breaks clean and it works EVERY TIME and at $69 per K for ammo, $6 for mags...I LIKE IT!!!!!

The Armalite boys were at the show, their new AR 180 looks like it will kick serious butt. It uses AR 15 mags has a composite lower you could probably drive nails with and will RETAIL at "around $600". I love the 15 and I will build another with Quality Parts this time. Pass the word M1S stinks!
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What problems did you have?  I also bought a model 1 upper and have it on a DPMS lower. Shot 500 rounds through it sunday. I did have small problems with trigger, but a file took care of the small imperfections.  Just courious as to your problems.

Dreams of ARs
[sleep]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Alex,
You know I'm tired of you bashing Model 1 Sales.  You have posted at least three different topics on this and most everyone comes to the same conclusion; YOU didn't read the add very well and thought you could get a 1:9 twist chrome lined barrel even though it clearly states in the add, 1:7 twist Chrome lined OR 1:9 HBAR.  Ya, I know that when you called the lady said it was possible, but that was some secretary who probably didn't understand what the heck you were asking.  Order something that's not on the menu and you deserve to get it messed up.  Give it a rest.
Plenty of us have had wonderful experiences with Model 1 Sales and have the rifles to prove it.  
guns762
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top