Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many mass shooters were 25 years old or younger?
View Quote
Pretty much all of them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, with the exception that active military members may purchase/carry firearms, purchase/consume alcohol, and receive full civic franchise at 18 (or whatever age they join prior to 25).
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It always pissed me off (when I was in the Army) that I couldn't buy a damn 1911, that I couldn't buy ammo for a pistol and that I had to sign a book/ledger stating .22 rim fire ammo was going to be used in a rifle and yet I could still get sent off somewhere to kill other people, or get killed, fighting a damn war.

How in the hell is "right" to send a kid off to kill/get killed in combat and then tell him he can't buy a gun of his own?  That shit sucked in 1975/76/77 and it still sucks now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh look. A proposed compromise thread. How original.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The only compromise I’d support is one that clearly favors us. Not even ‘two steps forward one step back’ but maybe ‘a lot of steps forward one step back’

I’d probably be fine with a bump stock ban, if in exchange we got SBRs and suppressors off the NFA, and they reopened the book on MG stamps. That’s compromise I can probably live with.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Can we extend the definition of a '13'er'

back to August of 2012?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Only compelling reason I could think of would be this:

https://twitter.com/ebyard/status/796317753749729280
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whomever voted yes, you should come in and give us your reasoning.

That is EXACTLY why I voted yes.

They're already pushing to have 16+ vote because they know kids who have no life experience will vote for whoever has the most pie-in-the-sky BS story.

You have to be 25 to run for the lowest office (house rep)...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Ban the OP.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
While I won't bargain pieces of freedom away...

There is a philosophical point here: a teachable moment as it were. All these kids under 25 who want to ban everything would think twice if it backfired, and they were mostly what got banned.
View Quote
dude, we get it.  but OP isn't proposing a teachable moment for them--he's asking if we would make that exchange.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#10]
NO!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I voted yes for 2 reasons.
One, it would REALLY get dim panties in a twist, like frothing at the mouth bad, about how unfair it is, etc etc

Second, i didn't give a shit about politics until i grew up and pulled my head out of my own ass, around my mid 20s i think.
I suspect many are the same. Not all, but many.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They're already pushing to have 16+ vote because they know kids who have no life experience will vote for whoever has the most pie-in-the-sky BS story.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Young, stupid, brainwashed, inexperienced liberal voters aren't going to suddenly start voting conservative just because they turned 26.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#13]
So the nut job kid who wants to shoot up his school will now have to steal a gun from his parents closet instead of legally being able to buy his own gun?  Yeah....that will really stop the school shootings....
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
if we are going to start rewriting laws on when a person becomes a legal adult it better translate into everything else like voting, drinking, enlisting, gambling etc.

not saying that I agree with raising age requirements, just saying you should not be able to make life altering decisions like join the military, or decisions that effect other people like voting, but can't own a fucking gun.
View Quote
Agreed to include liability under criminal laws and civil negligence laws, and civil contract laws.

Can't buy a gun? Can't be tried as an adult.
Can't buy a gun? Can't be held liable under a negligence claim.
Can't buy a gun? Parents still can claim you as a dependent.

Oh, most importantly, Can't buy a gun? Can't enter into a binding contract (to include procuring a student loan.)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No.

Young, stupid, brainwashed, inexperienced liberal voters aren't going to suddenly start voting conservative just because they turned 26.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Nope, however most of them will have 3 years post-college life under their belt - sure they'll still be anti-gun and pro-abortion, but it's pretty doubtful they'll support those high tax brackets when they see it coming out of their check every month - especially when they realize all of their "free shit" program are being funded by that money.

We have a cultural problem in this country that is much deeper than most realize - we're literally at a point that injecting 5 year olds with hormones and saying they're trans is normalized, we need MASSIVE fucking changes and we need them asap.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey, if you're gonna fuck with gun laws, drinking laws, smoking laws, insurance laws and raise them all to 21, might as well raise the voting age because you've shown that these people are too young to make rational decisions. Go ahead and put the civil liability back on the parents, because they do that anyway and they fuck you over on your student loans anyway too.

That's what society is saying.

You're 18, you're still a kid.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#17]
No

I will say because parents now let kids live at home until they are 30+ you might as well let the parents claim them on taxes even if they are not in school (sarcasm ).

People need to grow the hell up, what happened????

My dad gave me an option right after I graduated high school, go to college and I can live at home or I start paying rent like I would anywhere else.  No family discounts here.  I spend a year and a half in college not having a damn clue what I wanted to do, my fault.  In the end I decided I liked crayons and it worked out for me.  When you become an adult choices start to count.  Keep pushing the age back and 15 years down the road 40+ will have the same additude people at 30 have now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No.

View Quote
You'd be surprised. I friends with some pretty hard left dope smoking hippies in college and once they graduated, got married and had kids they were riding that Trump train like a $2 whore.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nope, however most of them will have 3 years post-college life under their belt - sure they'll still be anti-gun and pro-abortion, but it's pretty doubtful they'll support those high tax brackets when they see it coming out of their check every month - especially when they realize all of their "free shit" program are being funded by that money.

We have a cultural problem in this country that is much deeper than most realize - we're literally at a point that injecting 5 year olds with hormones and saying they're trans is normalized, we need MASSIVE fucking changes and we need them asap.
View Quote
And you think they'll change how they vote because of that? They'll change from Hillary to Bernie, or whoever is running at the time. They won't vote conservative.

You're underestimating the tendency of liberals to try fixing a leaky pipe with bubble gum instead of a wrench.

Quoted:

You'd be surprised. I friends with some pretty hard left dope smoking hippies in college and once they graduated, got married and had kids they were riding that Trump train like a $2 whore.
View Quote
I'm sure there will be exceptions. But those are the exception, not the rule.

Anyone who thinks raising the voting age to 25 will change the colors on that map is delusional. We'd be giving up yet another piece of cake for nothing worthwhile in return.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
18 military

18 voting

18 firearms

18 drinking
View Quote
QFT, and this is yet another retarded thread from OP.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#21]
If we raise the age for every right and privilege to 25, and define anyone under 25 as a literal child, sure.

Hell, make it 26. Obamacare already set that precedent.

Democrats would probably lose everything but MA, NY, NJ, IL and CA.

26 to vote, join the military, get drafted, serve on a jury, be a civil servant, be elected to any office, own any property independently, get a DL without a sponsor, get car insurance without a sponsor, buy guns without permission from your parents, open a bank account without a sponsor...

It could be pretty great.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#22]
They left would go on a rampage and burn everything if the voting age would even be increased even to 19.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#23]
If we could do that maybe we could come up with some more BS banning compromise threads. AKA not this shit AGAIN
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They left would go on a rampage and burn everything if the voting age would even be increased even to 19.
View Quote
Wouldn't it be wonderful?

They burn down their own neighborhoods, then find out they have to be 26 to get a loan to rebuild.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#25]
A conservative trolling would have supported a vote ban on the over-60 bracket, the Boomers. They have a disproportionate amount of leftists and antigunners, and a valid risk of senility.

Instead you propose attacking gen Z, which has the one of the highest and farthest-right sets of voters in living memory. Hmm.

No bans, no compromise. Not now, not ever.

Edit: muh teachable moment. This form of belief in sympathetic magic is why I extend the slogan: no compromise, no votes. For anyone.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If we raise the age for every right and privilege to 25, and define anyone under 25 as a literal child, sure.

Hell, make it 26. Obamacare already set that precedent.

Democrats would probably lose everything but MA, NY, NJ, IL and CA.
View Quote
Many of today's 21 yr old are children.  Every decade has added at least a year I would say to the maturity level of most.  Myself included compared to what my grandparents and parents went through.

That said enforce the laws we have.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#27]
OP while you are working to repeal the 26th Amendment could you get the repeal of the 19th thrown in as a bonus?......That would be great.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#28]
OP is on to something here. I can't wait to see what additional brilliant shit he/she posts up next...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Sure, if thats the age they can get a DL, enlist and all that shit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
NO compromise. Not one inch.
View Quote
This they've made it clear they want everything.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
18 military

35 and male voting

18 firearms

18 drinking
View Quote
This has my vote!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#32]
So you're saying I can be married have a child on the way, own a business and be a partner in another and not buy a single gun myself for another 15 months. Yep that's fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Put in other words, this poll asks:

"Would you support the restriction on not one, but TWO of your sacred rights in this country?"

Good. Grief.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#34]
The nation needs to pick one age that is considered an adult and apply it uniformly. Vote, join the military, purchase alcohol, purchase firearms, purchase cigarette, and everything else.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"Would you support the restriction on not one, but TWO of your sacred rights in this country?"

Good. Grief.
View Quote
Voting isn't a right.

Representative government is pretty stupid anyway.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So you're saying I can be married have a child on the way, own a business and be a partner in another and not buy a single gun myself for another 15 months. Yep that's fucking stupid.
View Quote
No matter what, they won't be able to stop baby-making.....or will they..
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Good. Grief.
View Quote
The voting age has always had a lower limit. How is adjusting it restricting a right? It would apply equally.

The voting age hasn't always been 18 everywhere. It is a fair question. What makes a 17.99 year old a child (that can join the military, buy cigs, get charged as an adult) but an 18.00 year old is an adult (but not adult enough to drink, buy a pistol, rent a car)?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#38]
You gonna trust politicians to honor a promise to link both voting and gun purchase age. I guarantee the voting age would be back to 18 in two years and gun purchase age would remain at 25 indefinitely. Stop acting like politicians of any stripe can be trusted.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Would you support such a deal.

No voting until 25.

You can still be gifted guns by family from 18-25, but you can't purchase one on your own.
View Quote
Major fail OP.....

So you are going to have someone who may have served in the military for almost 7 years unable to vote until 25.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Young people as a group, like women and blacks, vote Dem.  If we raised the voting age to 25, less Dems would be elected and we could roll back other gun bans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Young people as a group, like women and blacks, vote Dem.  If we raised the voting age to 25, less Dems would be elected and we could roll back other gun bans.
Should we restrict the women and blacks too?  Same argument.

We shouldn't make rules about voting just because we don't like how other people vote.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
18 military

35 and male voting

18 firearms

18 drinking
View All Quotes
Quoted:
18 military

35 and male voting

18 firearms

18 drinking
Quoted:

This has my vote!
Now fuckers are going to think I posted that.  How about a FIFY or something?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#42]
fuck this is worse than my work meetings with 87 introductions and stupid stories from people before ANYTHING gets discussed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Might as well make it Land Owners like it use to be.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#44]
No, and GTFOWTS
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#45]
We've compromised enough.   Look elsewhere to solve the school shooting problem.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
dude, we get it.  but OP isn't proposing a teachable moment for them--he's asking if we would make that exchange.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While I won't bargain pieces of freedom away...

There is a philosophical point here: a teachable moment as it were. All these kids under 25 who want to ban everything would think twice if it backfired, and they were mostly what got banned.
Dude, read the first sentence. You can't "get it" if you skip the first sentence.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Might as well make it Land Owners like it use to be.
View Quote
Land and business owners.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 1:35:35 AM EDT
[#48]
I might consider it after the following are implemented and pass  constitutional challenges:

1)  No abortions for women under 25
2)  No legal drinking until 25
3)  No voting rights until 25
4)  No right to freely assemble until 25
5)  Major networks are no longer allowed to discuss politics in any manner until they show objective journalism.....same with newspapers.
6)  Right to free speech suspended until 25
7)  Unreasonable search laws do not apply until 25
8)  Factors why being notified of a threat are revealed and corrected
9)  TSA level security measures implemented at all schools with no increase in taxes or tax diversion from other sources.

That should be a good discussion starting point.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#49]
WTF. I've never called for locks on any type of thread before, but these need to fucking stop.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 1:40:59 AM EDT
[#50]
No.  So everything in society gets reset by age.  Nope.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top