Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do Girl Scouts do outdoorsy stuff?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No girl scouts?  Well, if the Cubs accept girls, then I don't care.   I hope she learns some outdoor skills.
They sell girl scout cookies OUTSIDE the supermarket.

All of the "I was a Boy Scout and I am ok with this" types are beta-males. Did your wife give you permission to say it was ok? Did you turn your AR15 in to the police because your 9 year old daughter asked you to?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
1.  I have no problem with girls in Cub Scouts.  Boys and girls at that age aren't interested in each other, and Cubs is parent-led anyway.
View Quote
This is BS. My sixth grade son has been harassed by girls to “go out with them” since the third grade. He’s brought home countless phone numbers that he’s thrown away. The girls have gotten so aggressive at times my wife has had to go to the school numerous times to ask the administration to make it stop. When he tells them no, little girls have resorted to calling him a fag and a sexist. This has happened with all Cub Scout aged girls.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Boys don't discriminate, they accept whatever they can get.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Soooooo many edits!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

All of the "I was a Boy Scout and I am ok with this" types are beta-males. Did your wife give you permission to say it was ok? Did you turn your AR15 in to the police because your 9 year old daughter asked you to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No girl scouts?  Well, if the Cubs accept girls, then I don't care.   I hope she learns some outdoor skills.

lol

Let me break it down for you:  There are two schools in town.  One's "culturally vibrant" and the kids graduate with few skills; the other has a history of graduating genuinely educated kids.  As a parent which do you pick?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#9]
It would be interesting to know who posted in this thread that is a Scout leader.

Venture Scouts are co-ed and go all the way to age 21.
Civil Air Patrol is co-ed.

Several of my Scouts have sisters that said GS is lame. I think if this had happened 10 years ago, they would have joined cubs, and we'd have started a Venture Crew instead of having a Boy Scout Troop.

When my Scouts were cubs, sibling of cubs used to join the activities and camp outs. Not really much of a difference.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone got a timeout/ban count on this one?

Other than that, I got nothing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is BS. My sixth grade son has been harassed by girls to “go out with them” since the third grade. He’s brought home countless phone numbers that he’s thrown away. The girls have gotten so aggressive at times my wife has had to go to the school numerous times to ask the administration to make it stop. When he tells them no, little girls have resorted to calling him a fag and a sexist. This has happened with all Cub Scout aged girls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1.  I have no problem with girls in Cub Scouts.  Boys and girls at that age aren't interested in each other, and Cubs is parent-led anyway.
Just because your kid is a stud does not mean my statement is scientifically invalid.

At least your kid notices enough to say no. Before I was 19, a girl had to throw me over her shoulder and carry me off to get me to notice her interest in me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Just hazarding a guess here, most of those here don’t have anything against a father raising his daughter, or doing what he perceives is in her best interest.  What they take issue with is the perceived continual assault on traditional values and programs.  Forcing someone’s acceptance of girls into what has been a male activity is “bad” because e.g. girls belong in Girl Scouts.  Also hypocrisy because boys/men are generally prevented from participating in girl’s activities because of, you know, lack of a vagina.  Normalizing the New World Order through incremental change is effective social justice methodology.  Those who are against are “haters and biased” while those in favor are “good and progressive.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Glad to see it takes an organized activity that fits neatly into your schedule to find time to spend with your daughter

Now get your virtue signaling out of my Scouts.
View Quote
Thank you...you are correct.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just hazarding a guess here, most of those here don’t have anything against a father raising his daughter, or doing what he perceives is in her best interest.  What they take issue with is the perceived continual assault on traditional values and programs.  Forcing someone’s acceptance of girls into what has been a male activity is “bad” because e.g. girls belong in Girl Scouts.  Also hypocrisy because boys/men are generally prevented from participating in girl’s activities because of, you know, lack of a vagina.  Normalizing the New World Order through incremental change is effective social justice methodology.  Those who are against are “haters and biased” while those in favor are “good and progressive.  YMMV.
View Quote
I see it as "The Women running GSA fucked it all up.  Let's show them how to run a successful outdoors program for girls."

I really don't care what it's called as long as provides similar learning experiences for girls.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I see it as "The Women running GSA fucked it all up.  Let's show them how to run a successful outdoors program for girls."

I really don't care what it's called as long as provides similar learning experiences for girls.
View Quote
Indeed.

If you all think BSA has become some sort of SJW pansy-land, you'd be horrified to see what GSA has become.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Soooooo many edits!
View Quote
I guess the discussing of eating a fresh hot brownie is off the table? I could really go for some thin mints though! I found a cool app called “cookie finder” it shows you every location where Girl Scouts are selling cookies.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do you guys seriously have an issue with girls in the cub scouts?  How dense can you be?  It's a program that instills great values in children, and now they happen to allow girls to participate.
View Quote
Yes, as a former cub scout I have an issue with girls being part of it. Didn't you ever hear of the Girl Scouts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just hazarding a guess here, most of those here don't have anything against a father raising his daughter, or doing what he perceives is in her best interest.  What they take issue with is the perceived continual assault on traditional values and programs.  Forcing someone's acceptance of girls into what has been a male activity is "bad" because e.g. girls belong in Girl Scouts.  Also hypocrisy because boys/men are generally prevented from participating in girl's activities because of, you know, lack of a vagina.  Normalizing the New World Order through incremental change is effective social justice methodology.  Those who are against are "haters and biased" while those in favor are "good and progressive.  YMMV.
View Quote
This is spot on. Its just another way the Feminists can change the "Patriarchal thinking" by infiltrating all male organizations at an early age.
If the SJWs were really concerned about girls going camping and doing outdoor stuff, they'd change the Girl Scouts. Its obvious that is not what they want. They want to effectively change the Cub/Boy Scouts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
there is a place its called girl scouts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you guys seriously have an issue with girls in the cub scouts?  How dense can you be?  It's a program that instills great values in children, and now they happen to allow girls to participate.
What if she wants to learn shit other than sell cookies? A buddy of mine's daughter joined the Girl Scouts, and he was hoping there would be some interesting shit for her to learn...nope, just sell fucking cookies.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#20]
If BSA really wanted to fix any cashflow problems, they would use a shell corporation to buy GSA and keep the profits from the GS Cookie sales.

BSA's membership problem is that HQ and the Board of Directors are scared of losing corporate donations from companies who are scared that their support of BSA will mobilize SJW antagonism.  BSA HQ thinks it is in the business of bringing in donations now, not in the business of civilizing teenage boys into men.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Girl scouts is a joke of a program.  Cub scouts allows me to participate in activities with my daughter that we both have common interests in.  My daughter isn't a girly girl.  She likes to fish, shoot, camp, etc.
View Quote
@STL_Nik   I'm an Assistant Scout Master in my son's Boy Scout troop.  He did Cub Scouts before that.  Both groups are tied together in that the leadership is involved in both units. Cub Scouts is a family organization, even before girls were allowed in.  There are many events that are "family" events, including some of the camping trips.  We usually have almost as many siblings on a camping trip as we did Cub Scouts.  I for one welcome the girls into the scouts.  For our pack it's not really going to be any different.

This weekend we are running the Pinewood Derby for the Cub Scouts.  We also have 150 Girl Scouts coming because they normally have no access to the event. We invite the local Girl Scouts as a favor to them because they don't get to participate in the fun stuff that the boys do.

Venturing Crews are already co-ed.  For those that don't know, they are boys AND girls that are 14 years old.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What if she wants to learn shit other than sell cookies? A buddy of mine's daughter joined the Girl Scouts, and he was hoping there would be some interesting shit for her to learn...nope, just sell fucking cookies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then what does she do the other 11 months of the year?
My daughter is in girl scouts and cookie sales are the month of February only.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Venturing and Troops do not have the same goals or group dynamics.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’d love to see a new group formed called, I don’t know, Wolverines or something...boys and girls both can join. They’d learn survival, fieldcraft, orienteering, marksmanship and small unit tactics. They could sell cookies AND venison jerky.
View Quote
Holy fucking shitsnacks, sooo awesome!!!

Wolverine Troop 87
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why do so many trollish threads get started by people with an underscore in their username?
View Quote
Because they are shifty.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"Yay! My kid and I are actively participating in the death of an age old American institution, and I came here to tell you all!"
View Quote
So this
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or we have daughters and want the same experience for them we had as boys. Selling cookies is bullshit, let's learn about camping, rifles, cooking on a fire, etc.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Honest question OP ,do you take part in the meetings and activities,dumpnyour kid and bail for an hour or hit on the single moms?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#29]
LOL
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not sure, he just said all they ever really talk about is the fund raising. No camping, hiking, or anything like that. I get that some girls aren't interested, and that's cool. But my daughter likes being outdoors and camping, hunting, shooting. I don't think the GS would be a good fit for her if she wanted to be in a club.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This is BS. My sixth grade son has been harassed by girls to "go out with them" since the third grade. He's brought home countless phone numbers that he's thrown away. The girls have gotten so aggressive at times my wife has had to go to the school numerous times to ask the administration to make it stop. When he tells them no, little girls have resorted to calling him a fag and a sexist. This has happened with all Cub Scout aged girls.
View Quote
Is this a copy/paste.because it should be

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#32]
"not a troll"

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

BSA enrollment numbers are in the dumps & need to get boosted.  That's the main reason why girls can join the BSA now.
View Quote
Yep, my son ditched them.  It wasn't any one thing in particular, it was an aggregation of issues.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Wolverine Troop 87 at the Summer Jamboree engaging in fun competitive games with the

DNC Hello Kitty Kid's Komandantura.

The DNC was no match.

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't get it, you say girl scouts don't do shit then are mad at this guy for taking his girl to Cub Scouts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it, you say girl scouts don't do shit then are mad at this guy for taking his girl to Cub Scouts?
Its sure true around here its almost like MLM scheme they just sell cookies which is why its wasn't for my daughter
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#36]
OP has time volunteering for Boy Scouts, but can find time to spend time doing things with own daughter.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you had read the various information carefully, you would know your concern is not a concern.  Because your last sentence is what they are doing.
View Quote
OP states that when enough girls join, then there will be girl only dens.

As a den leader for 5 years and an ASM for about another 4, AND as the dad of a daughter, I can say that boys need a boys only organization.

I feel for the OP because GS sucks. My daughter tried it for about 1 month. Long enough to see what a sorry, misguided, mishandled catastrophe the Girl Scouts are.

That does not make it ok for girls to join cub scouts (even though BSA has seen fit to screw the entire kit and caboodle up to the nth degree, to the point of destruction)

The entire feel of the meetings, activities, materials discussed, interests of participants, everything would change in a coed environment.

IF BSA wanted to do something positive, they could have started a female branch of the scouts, similar to Venture Scouts (coed). NOT just shoving girls into cub and boy scouts.

It's a terrible shame and travesty what BSA Corporate has done to a once valuable, worthwhile, and great organization.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Because Girl Scouts is entirely different.  They are a social club / cookie baker that happens to go camping every once in a while.  Maybe they didn't start that way - but that's the way they are now.
View Quote
Not picking on you Tinleg. You're just bringing up points I wish to address.

How do you think the GS got that way?

Girls.

This is directly relatable to immigration in our country. If you bring enough 3rd world people in to this country, it will be third world.

If you bring enough girls into boy scouts, it will turn into girl scouts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
New name should be "SJW Scouts of America"  Glad my son made Eagle before the conversion.  

Hey Dad, if GSA is a Joke, get involved and make it great again.
View Quote
Tried. Doesn't work that way with GS.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#40]
No girls in my son's pack.  I really wouldn't care if we had any but I need at least 3 girls plus a den leader for it to work.  The pack can try to recruit them if they want after next year when I'm gone.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Meh, I have no issues with that. Last time I checked, it was a free country. Just remember that ARFCOM/GD is a microcosm, & like the real world, its full of opinionated assholes.
View Quote
QFT!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Fuck the haters, good job Dad!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Too bad there isn't an organization similar to Cub Scouts that caters to girls
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm going to step in this, but I placed my daughter in Cub Scouts this past month as well. My oldest son is about to bridge, and my next youngest son will be starting Lions next year.

She will NOT be doing Boy Scouts, but as a Cub, well, we tried Girl Scouts and it wasn't for her. She had a blast building her pinewood derby car with me and my oldest the week before last, and had a blast racing it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Girls.

This is directly relatable to immigration in our country. If you bring enough 3rd world people in to this country, it will be third world.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because Girl Scouts is entirely different.  They are a social club / cookie baker that happens to go camping every once in a while.  Maybe they didn't start that way - but that's the way they are now.

Girls.

I slightly disagree, and say that at the Cub Scout level the problem is parents who (1) expect Scouts to change to match their demands and/or (2) force their girls to join it when those particular girls would prefer something more feminized.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes. Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts are for BOYS.

The adventurous girls can do something else, or turn girl scouts into something worth while, whatever.

It may take a while but females will drive all of the males out of boy scouts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did some SJW sue and win and that resulted in allowing girls (ie forcing them to be allowed) against the organizations wishes?  Or did the organization voluntarily do it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I slightly disagree, and say that at the Cub Scout level the problem is parents who (1) expect Scouts to change to match their demands and/or (2) force their girls to join it when those particular girls would prefer something more feminized.
View Quote
I didn't have to deal with girls joining.

I did, however, expect scouts to change to match the demands of the environment, and they all stepped up to the plate.

They were hellions in the beginning. And I got the usual parental, "Oh, boys will be boys".

Nope, says I. And I proved that through example, incentive, and peer pressure, those boys could behave, focus, and learn because they wanted to and not because of threat of discipline.

I think some of the parents learned more than the boys.

We had no boys who were forced to be there. It was a privilege to be there.

I do feel very bad for girls (hell, for the boys, anymore, considering the way BSA is going). I went through the very same quest with my daughter.

The wife did her own group of about 7 girls for a couple years, mimicking what we had done in the scouts. The girls and moms liked it but eventually there were personality clashes.

Imagine that in a group of females.

So, I had to make an individual effort in the outdoors with the daughter. Unfortunately, that is only one small part of BSA. Learning to lead, organize, cooperate, etc are just as, if not more important than the outdoors stuff.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Girls.

View Quote
Truth right here.

There's enough moms momming up cub scouts as it is.  Now there's going to be a whole new set of moms momming up scouts.

And yes, they will turn it into the Girl Scouts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#50]
where did the OP go ? crying in the corner
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top