Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
For the record I think the NRA was stupid for their bump stock comments.....but I fail to see how splitting the pro 2A crowd, money and votes helps us in the long term
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Hard-core right wing idealists are no better to our 2nd amendment health then are the nuts on the left. Trump is the best thing we've had in a long damn time. Demand no budging with bumpstocks and refuse other minor concessions to throw them a bone, turn your back on Trump, and see how you will like Bernie Sanders, Pocohontas, or Michelle Obama as pres. Any Democrat will push for a full ban.....ALL of them!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
QFT

Nobody seems to get this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
one cold hard fact exists: If Trump loses in 2020 an extremely anti gun Democrat will take his place.
QFT

It doesn't matter to them. They prefer a Democrat over Trump god knows why?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:If Trump loses in 2020 an extremely anti gun Democrat will take his place.
View Quote
Good. The tree of liberty is getting thirsty.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This.

MAC is being a fucking idiot right now.

Let's say he succeeds and Trump gets the axe in a couple years. What happens? Likely we would be staring at the very real chance that GENUINE "Turn them all in" legislation gets passed and with a razor thin SCOTUS lead, it has a decent chance of getting "found" Constitutional.

Now let's say Trump gets 6 more years. Kennedy retires, Ginsberg might finally die. Conservatives get TWO more amazing justices like Gorsuch onto the SCOTUS. The liberal agenda is FUCKING DEAD for a generation. The rights we see in the Constitution are more or less safe, and even if the Democrats hold all the keys to power again, all their nutball ideas are stricken down.

On a lot of things MAC makes a lot of sense, right now, he is nothing but a fucking tool of the Liberal Democrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand his point, and am not at all happy about the proposed bump stock ban, but I think MAC is handling it wrong.

His posts come off as childish rants, and it seems like just about all of his recent videos have been him bumpfiring and ranting on about the NRA etc.....

It's one thing to try to change policy and change people's minds, but the one cold hard fact exists: If Trump loses in 2020 an extremely anti gun Democrat will take his place.
This.

MAC is being a fucking idiot right now.

Let's say he succeeds and Trump gets the axe in a couple years. What happens? Likely we would be staring at the very real chance that GENUINE "Turn them all in" legislation gets passed and with a razor thin SCOTUS lead, it has a decent chance of getting "found" Constitutional.

Now let's say Trump gets 6 more years. Kennedy retires, Ginsberg might finally die. Conservatives get TWO more amazing justices like Gorsuch onto the SCOTUS. The liberal agenda is FUCKING DEAD for a generation. The rights we see in the Constitution are more or less safe, and even if the Democrats hold all the keys to power again, all their nutball ideas are stricken down.

On a lot of things MAC makes a lot of sense, right now, he is nothing but a fucking tool of the Liberal Democrats.
Unless something happens before the new congress is sworn in in '19, we will not be getting another Gorsush. If we lose the Senate under trump, no one but the Bull Dike or Wise Latina will make it through a D Senate.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
To be perfectly clear, I whole heartedly agree with his principles on this.  We should not give an inch in this fight.

However, I sincerely believe his whole "Fuck Trump/Fuck the NRA" shtick is hurting more than it's helping.

I do think that Trump is once again playing 4D chess, eating up the prime time bandwidth with talk of bump stock not-a-ban memos and mental health instead of letting them control the narrative with talk of AWB 2.0, mag bans, universal background checks, etc.  
Remember Obama's "gun control" EOs?  41P/F ended up backfiring and actually making NFA transfers easier by eliminating the CLEO approval (although it made it harder on trusts, LLCs, etc.).  The point is, Trumo sending DoJ a memo on a novelty item means precisely nothing without legislation.

In all likelihood, we will look up in a month and be back to business as usual.

Now if you read some of the comments on MAC's FB page and YouTube feed, there are a lot of people pledging not to vote or vote against Trump in 2020.  This is a mistake.  Even if we end up in the worst possible scenario (a bump stock ban) it pales in comparison to the language included in DiFi's 2013 Assault Weapons Ban that died in the Senate.  If the Democrats win back power, I don't think it will be long until they push for FAR more punitive laws and regulations.

You also have to take into consideration the non-gun issues.  I for one don't enjoy watching western culture get fucked by the long brown dick of the third world.  If MAC continues his anti Trump shilling,  he very well may contribute to forces FAR worse than a stupid bump stock ban.

MAC's heart is in the right place, but he needs a serious come-to-Jesus talk.

Screen caps of posts:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/305821/Screenshot_2018-02-21-10-58-44-459537.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/305821/Screenshot_2018-02-21-10-59-23-459538.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/305821/Screenshot_2018-02-21-10-59-32-459539.JPG
View Quote
... I'm with you
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw those and he went insane because he posted an article that said bump stocks were banned.

He confused “executive action” with “executive order”.

He had no facts on the matter, and shot his mouth off.

I get it, but yesterday was a big nothing that delays everything for a couple months.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can read.  ATF has been directed to find bump stocks are machineguns.

That will probably be the extent of new bans and regulations.  It's pretty clear ATF has been given marching orders to change their position on bump stocks.

Unfortunately the courts aren't very pro 2A, so we aren't highly likely to get the ban overturned.
View Quote
Actually, the memo said quite the opposite.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#9]
The only thing I’ve found incredibly concerning is how many have gone into full defeatist mentality.

“Oh noes, looks like it over, we had a good run”

Fuck that shit, you only lose the rights that you allow to be taken from you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Actually, the memo said quite the opposite.
View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Huh. I liked that guys youtube videos. I didnt know he was retarded.

Learned something new...

Edit: The NRA pisses me off to no end, but they are the ONLY org that the antis are scared of. I'll re-up my membership and toss a few bucks to the ILA.

If you think that makes me a "traitor to the Constitution", suck my dick.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lots of supposed "pro-gun" people are coming out trying to weaken the NRA.  Many post on this site.  Some of those same people almost seem giddy about the idea of some gun control being passed.
View Quote
You want people to have their rights denied if they have ever taken a psychiatric medication regardless of the reason and with no due process.

You have no room to talk.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Hard-core right wing idealists are no better to our 2nd amendment health then are the nuts on the left. Trump is the best thing we've had in a long damn time. Demand no budging with bumpstocks and refuse other minor concessions to throw them a bone, turn your back on Trump, and see how you will like Bernie Sanders, Pocohontas, or Michelle Obama as pres. Any Democrat will push for a full ban.....ALL of them!

What the fuck do you need a bump stock for? The POS is only good for indiscriminately spraying a crowd of people from your hotel window....or the side of a barn.  Kids and their firecrackers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What the fuck do you need a bump stock for? The POS is only good for indiscriminately spraying a crowd of people from your hotel window....or the side of barn.  Kids and their firecrackers.
View Quote
This may get good after all!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What the fuck do you need a bump stock for? The POS is only good for indiscriminately spraying a crowd of people from your hotel window....or the side of barn.  Kids and their firecrackers.
View Quote
I think bumpstocks are ubergay (and if you told me we had to give them up for something like ccw reciprocity, I'd probably go along with it) but you sound so much like an anti here that I cant tell if your post is trolling or not.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It would be nice if we didn't have to die on a hill, and instead took hills from the opposition.

I don't agree with the way MAC is attempting to sway voters, but I see eye to eye with him in terms of how dangerous new law by regulation is. I'd like to see big names like MAC pushing against that 100%, without the rest of the nonsense.
View Quote
we took quite a few hills... when I got into guns I had to hide a Beretta 21A in my tackle box while fishing in the middle of nowhere and hope it was legal under the ambiguous sporting activity clause which was the only legal way to carry a handgun in Texas.

AWB expired.  Every winning streak ends.

I dunno how we went from having high hopes with suppressors and reciprocity to having this mess.   Good economic times seem to be correlated with mass shootings...  when the economy is in the dumps, I think the losers don't feel left behind and are less angry.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The only thing I’ve found incredibly concerning is how many have gone into full defeatist mentality.

“Oh noes, looks like it over, we had a good run”

Fuck that shit, you only lose the rights that you allow to be taken from you.
View Quote
^^^^
I wonder how many of the "Fuck Trump, Fuck the NRA, WHAAAAAAAAA" GD posters have called the White House or their Congress critter.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What the fuck do you need a bump stock for? The POS is only good for indiscriminately spraying a crowd of people from your hotel window....or the side of a barn.  Kids and their firecrackers.
View Quote
The point of the second amendment is to guarantee citizens the right to military weapons.  Bump guns are the poor mans machinegun.  We started loosing this battle in 34 and I have no desire to give up anything.

Just because you can't control a bumpstock doesn't mean I can't...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I dunno how we went from having high hopes with suppressors and reciprocity to having this mess.
View Quote
Our side stopped fighting. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and right now the lefties are going completely crazy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The same people in this thread posting that they won't vote for Trump again will be back crying louder than anyone else when a D gets elected and enacts some crazy amount of legislation.
View Quote
I'm waiting for the call that the Republicans led to the Democrats victory sweep in 2020...   If we get a Democratic President (hard left of course) with D's in charge of Congress, we are screwed... 1994 x 11
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm waiting for the call that the Republicans let to the Democrats victory sweep in 2020...   If we get a Democratic President (hard left of course) with D's in charge of Congress, we are screwed... 1994 x 11
View Quote
I agree.  I'm not happy with Trump and much of our congress.  Unfortunately they are the only reasonable option.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
MAC is starting to sound like that ditch bitch Yeager. I understand the frustration but damn....pull yourself together.
View Quote
this.  I agree with him on the issues, but this "you either agree with me or you're a traitor" talk is about as useful as slamming your dick in a door.

supporting GOA is great.  If the NRA is the GOP, they're the Tea Party.  But most people have no idea who they are.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I hope MAC reads this thread, finds my post and thinks about my opinion of him.

I'd love to sit here and read about his vast contributions in fighting for gun owners in this country. What exactly has he done?

Shill

He has a Youtube channel and review guns? Wowfuckingwee thanks Tim.  
Where would we be without you?

Shill

Sounds like he may be trying to subvert president Trump, like a traitor and sounds like a fucking communist to me!

Shill

Stop with your bullshit wedge issues and making things easier for the left. If it wasn't for the NRA you'd be reviewing air guns like the guys in the UK.

Shill

PM me if you think you'd like to discuss in private.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For the record I think the NRA was stupid for their bump stock comments.....but I fail to see how splitting the pro 2A crowd, money and votes helps us in the long term
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I agree with OP  100%

Willing to wait and see how this plays out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Some people can stay calm in a crisis while others do not have the ability
View Quote
So you agree that Trump proposing new gun regs is a crisis?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're smoking crack.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck MAC and the NRA! The NRA has sold us out before and will compromise again. Lil Timmy can go pound sand I'm tired of hearing him cry.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The same people in this thread posting that they won't vote for Trump again will be back crying louder than anyone else when a D gets elected and enacts some crazy amount of legislation.
View Quote
To play devil's advocate, at least the D will tell you up front how they plan to fuck you. Some people get tired of R's telling them they will support or defend certain positions, only to be sold up the river at the first sign of political adversity. After a certain point, you'd rather be told how you're going to be fucked rather than it be a surprise.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Encouraging and allowing any kind of regulation, especially with broad malleable terms, is an assault on OUR 2A rights.

I don’t agree with MAC’s wording and all of what he said, but his head is in the right place.

The NRA is not championing the will of its supporters, just like our elected officials. Yet some of the folks here seem to want to go down with the ship just because they invested in it. They are the most influential lobby group concerning the 2A, true, but they are lobbying the wrong way.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

[snip]

Yes, yes. INB4 "Fuck NY." "Move to a free state." "What have you done for gun rights?" "Fucking NYers are turning my state blue."
View Quote
Yes
perhaps you should
idk...pie?
They are
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's something constructive to do.  Call the White House and leave a message in opposition of the bump stock ban/any gun control.

(202)-456-1111
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Encouraging and allowing any kind of regulation, especially with broad malleable terms, is an assault on OUR 2A rights.

I don't agree with MAC's wording and all of what he said, but his head is in the right place.

The NRA is not championing the will of its supporters, just like our elected officials. Yet some of the folks here seem to want to go down with the ship just because they invested in it. They are the most influential lobby group concerning the 2A, true, but they are lobbying the wrong way.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Christ, you guys get your panties in a wad over the dumbest shit.

Who gives a shit about what a Youtuber writes or thinks?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people can stay calm in a crisis while others do not have the ability
Trump isn't the crisis. And I do not agree banning anything will solve problems.
MAC is like the lunatic who runs around screaming and flailing and not helping in a situation.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#37]
A man's inability to control his emotions, especially in time of trial and ordeal, is the ultimate sign of weakness.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Our own worst enemy.  Did he just call me a traitor, because I'm a lifetime member of the NRA?  WOW.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A man's inability to control his emotions, especially in time of trial and ordeal, is the ultimate sign of weakness.
View Quote
That is what I've been seeing here the past two days.  Over bump stocks.  Fucking bump stocks.  And nothing has even happened!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I understand his point, and am not at all happy about the proposed bump stock ban, but I think MAC is handling it wrong.

His posts come off as childish rants, and it seems like just about all of his recent videos have been him bumpfiring and ranting on about the NRA etc.....

It's one thing to try to change policy and change people's minds, but the one cold hard fact exists: If Trump loses in 2020 an extremely anti gun Democrat will take his place.
View Quote
Obama was as anti gun as you can get, and he still couldn't pull off an AWB. Never mind the AWB, Obama couldn't even get an enhance Background Check for mentally ill people passed.

So even if you are for or against, it's extremely unlikely any new a President will be able to do anything on guns.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You want people to have their rights denied if they have ever taken a psychiatric medication regardless of the reason and with no due process.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of supposed "pro-gun" people are coming out trying to weaken the NRA.  Many post on this site.  Some of those same people almost seem giddy about the idea of some gun control being passed.

blah blah blah.  I never said that.  You and others without reading compression made that up.

My only statement was that I did not support those who are truly mentally ill from owning firearms.  Either your or someone else here argued that you didn't care and thought Adam Lanza and Nikolas Cruz should have been allowed to own firearms no matter what.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I support Tim on Patreon, largely because I love military rifles and dig his videos. That said, I never understood the logic behind hoping we get a Liberal President that will 100% attack the 2A and introduce gun control legislation after gun control legislation because our guy did one thing we don't agree with.

This is the same as the TWA mechanics Union who wouldn't budge an inch in contract negotiations and drove the company out of business. The Union really showed them!

Same goes for the NRA. They screwed the pooch recently, however, they remain the most powerful pro-2A lobby group in the U.S. by a factor of 1000. G.O.A has no weight with Congress.

Let's work to fix the attitudes of our leaders and the NRA, not just chuck the baby out with the bath water.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
QFT

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
one cold hard fact exists: If Trump loses in 2020 an extremely anti gun Democrat will take his place.
QFT

IF Trump goes on to support gun control legislation in any form, the GOP should put up a die hard 2nd A candidate in 2020 or face not being in power for the next few years. You can't honestly expect American Gun owners to vote for a moderate pro gun control candidate just because he has an "R" in front of his name.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
blah blah blah.  I never said that.  You and others without reading compression made that up.

My only statement was that I did not support those who are truly mentally ill from owning firearms.  Either your or someone else here argued that you didn't care and thought Adam Lanza and Nikolas Cruz should have been allowed to own firearms no matter what.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird.....it sure looks like you did here

The title of the thread was "Should people, who are currently on (or have taken) psychiatric medication, be 2A prohibited?"

Attachment Attached File

Another gem from the same thread where the poster said he was given this drug for hiccups.  Weird how neither post has been edited yet you failed to quote all of what he said
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#45]
He's not wrong.

IT'S IN THE FUCKING MEMO.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Christ, you guys get your panties in a wad over the dumbest shit.

Who gives a shit about what a Youtuber writes or thinks?
View Quote
You should care. The guy’s got close to 700 thousand people who subscribe to his channel.

While MAC’s heart in the right place, I’m of the opinion staying calm is the best thing right now. Yes it does look like the administration is looking at a bump stock ban, but right now the only thing that’s been done is to order a study that’s already underway to continue. On the face of it, nothing happened yesterday. Write the White House on their website, take the polls that Trump emails to his supporters (don’t you get those) but remain calm until we have something tangible to get upset about. Chicken littlism about the MAGA train crashing doesn’t do anything to help right now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

we took quite a few hills... when I got into guns I had to hide a Beretta 21A in my tackle box while fishing in the middle of nowhere and hope it was legal under the ambiguous sporting activity clause which was the only legal way to carry a handgun in Texas.

AWB expired.  Every winning streak ends.

I dunno how we went from having high hopes with suppressors and reciprocity to having this mess.   Good economic times seem to be correlated with mass shootings...  when the economy is in the dumps, I think the losers don't feel left behind and are less angry.
View Quote
Easy as 1,2,3 .   (1) Las Vegas, (2) Sutherland Springs and then (3) this High School Shooting.

Easy as 1,2,3 .  (1) Mass Media always against us (2) Democrats who will always smear gun owners and (3) the Republicans didn't strike when the iron was hot right out of the gate.  Instead we had the failed Obama Care Votes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
is this the hill you want to die on?

the long game is to get enough people owning MSRs is that they will become unbannable.   there will be some losses along the way.  do you want to throw down the gauntlet in 2018 over bump stocks or see if we can make it past the next decade.

if you can influence the process you can make sure its as narrow a ruling as possible, otherwise the Dems will come up with a 24lb trigger solution.
View Quote
My argument is the Bumpstock puts us at a severe disadvantage in the gun rights argument. Bumpstocks allow you to shoot Full Auto from the shoulder, so you can actually aim and shoot.

The belt loop argument is fucking retarded, and people here LAUGH at pictures of Africans with AKMs at their hip. They and we laugh because we all know, shooting from the hip is extremely inaccurate and wasteful. So saying a Bumpstock is the same as a beltloop, you are fucking dumb or being deceitful.

And people here were amazed and shocked that Bumpstocks were given the stamp of approval.

I think Bumpstocks will do far more harm to our cause. You have a million videos of idiot YouTubers with Bumpstocks, and the public sees, for all practical purposes is a work around for the NFA Machine Gun Ban. Bumpstocks are a huge anchor being unnecessarily placed on the 2A argument.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Obama was as anti gun as you can get, and he still couldn't pull off an AWB. Never mind the AWB, Obama couldn't even get an enhance Background Check for mentally ill people passed.

So even if you are for or against, it's extremely unlikely any new a President will be able to do anything on guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No disrespect, but consider that -

Democrats rammed Obama Care down the throats of all with not a single (R) vote.  No way to stop it.  They had the Presidency, The Senate & The House.   If the Democrats had wanted, they easily could have brought back 1994 AWB again and passed it same way.  It would have cost them at the next election as it did Bill Clinton, but it would have been the Law of the Land  (and next time without any 10 year "sunset" clause)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Some people can stay calm in a crisis while others do not have the ability to stay calm on 10,000 mg of Alprazolam
View Quote
Finished your thought.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top