Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, so like pistols have been for as long as I can remember?

Not enthused, but not exactly going to go apoplectic about it either.  Thing is I want something in return for these things.  I'm tired of compromise meaning I just keep letting them cut off a toe, finger, or arm every time they screech without giving up anything themselves ever.  They want these things then they give us something else in return.  I know.  I'm dreaming.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dam, even SWIRE gets it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump isn't up for re-election, he doesn't need to worry about the heat.  He could easily have said "I'm requesting Congress take action and get something on my desk" which is what a President should be doing.  Which would have taken any heat off of him.

The fact that Trump didn't ask Congress to do their job, instead went to the press with his demands that Sessions create a ban on bump stocks when the current law does not allow them to be regulate is very telling.  Trump is trying to make things happen.  He isn't playing 3D chess, he isn't trolling the media, he is backing a ban on bump stocks and raising the age to buy a rifle to 21.

The sad part is we all know the legislators won't just pass a very simple bill raising the age to 21, they will still all sorts of other measures in it.  Trump using Executive Action to push for more regulations, just like Bush, Clinton, and Obama gives me all the info I need to judge Trump on this.
Dam, even SWIRE gets it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not enthused, but not exactly going to go apoplectic about it either.  Thing is I want something in return for these things.  I'm tired of compromise meaning I just keep letting them cut off a toe, finger, or arm every time they screech without giving up anything themselves ever.  They want these things then they give us something else in return.  I know.  I'm dreaming.
View Quote
You would think arfcom would have been bitching about handguns for he last few decades, but... Guess wind didn't blow that way
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
If were going to play this little game, why don't we throw social media into the mix.  Between cyber bullying and human trafficking concerns, social media is far to dangerous for anyone under 21 to participate.  I'd venture a guess that more teens have committed suicide over negative social media comments than have been killed in school shootings.

Truth is we don't really want to solve the problem, only use dead kids to advance a political agenda.  That's why there aren't calls to raise the age kids can have a facebook or twitter account when someone kills themselves or gets abducted over an online connection.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

By then it’s too late.

The mere fact that Trump and other Republicans are talking about or entertaining the possibility of ANY form of gun control is very troubling.
View Quote

I would never tell you to avoid calling your congress slugs or the White House over this.  Feel free to do so.  All I'm saying is don't freak out and act like this is a done deal.  More than likely, if Trump really wanted this done, he would push it with legislation.  No actions have been taken on ANY of this since the shooting.  Also, Trump is known to play rope-a-dope games with the Dems to show everyone that they don't want to do something about the problems, just complain to muster up their base.

Also, does anyone have any actual proof of Trump saying this?   All I've seen are unnamed sources, and we know how that goes.  

And, for the record, you would be foolish to take Fox News's word for it.  They're MSM as hell and Trump haters.  On top of that, their obvious agenda is gun control.  They have tons of advocates for it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You people should wait and see what happens before going apeshit.
View Quote
Yeah well we will just wait until they are at our doorstep before we do anything.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And I think it needs to be lowered. 17 yo and you're an adult and everything that implies.
View Quote
I think it needs to be raised. I've seen the 18 year olds being churned out by the education system, and they are not ready for adult shit. I also think violent movies & video games should be viewed only by those of the age they are specified for, no letting parents buy them tickets, and take off. No more allowing the parents to buy them a violent video game, only to use it as a babysitter. When a "child" commits a violent crime, the parents should be held responsible. Our moral compass is fucked, it's time to bring back the Richie Cunningham era. Also, make divorce more difficult with children, penalize adulterers. We have to start somewhere. I know I sound like a loon, but why should I give up my rights for other people's fuck ups!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah well we will just wait until they are at our doorstep before we do anything.
View Quote

Then continue to freak out over rumors and no actions.  Your choice.  Have fun with that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Please show me where ANYTHING has changed with your gun rights in a negative fashion due to Trump Obama.
View Quote
See how dumb that argument is?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I really don’t have a problem with a 21 year old ownership law.  It would maybe stop some of these shooters from getting their hands off n guns OR make them try to find them illegally which might ‘out’ them.

But I also think there needs to be a law holding the gun owners responsible for the fact that they leave their guns laying around so these minors can kill people with them.  If a kid breaks into a safe or takes some extraordinary effort to get the guns, no charges for the owner that secured them.  Too many times we find these retard kid’s parents buying them guns and then not securing them.  They give the kids carte Blanche access and when the kid snaps it’s as easy to grab the gun as it is a backpack.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Buy, own, possess and use are all different things. I think current pistol law is 21 to purchase, 18 to own, not sure on posses and nothing on use
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Just checking in to see if GD is still carrying water for Trump.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The fact that Trump didn't ask Congress to do their job, instead went to the press with his demands that Sessions create a ban on bump stocks when the current law does not allow them to be regulate is very telling.  Trump is trying to make things happen.  He isn't playing 3D chess, he isn't trolling the media, he is backing a ban on bump stocks and raising the age to buy a rifle to 21.
View Quote
Even IF Trump had proposed "a ban on bump stocks" (hint:  he didn't), he'd be doing exactly what you've been publicly washing Wayne Lapierre's balls about for several months now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#14]
In for another GD freakout session.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Same people were screaming that he had given the dems everything they wanted for the dreamers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullshit.  Some of you need to stop freaking out and remember how many times Trump has fooled the shit out of the media.
Same people were screaming that he had given the dems everything they wanted for the dreamers.
Remember when he signed the Paris Climate Treaty?

We were_assured that that was going to happen too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It’s a dumb idea, mandatory conscription at 18 for 2 years is a smart one.
View Quote
It absolutely isn't.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really don’t have a problem with a 21 year old ownership law.  It would maybe stop some of these shooters from getting their hands off n guns OR make them try to find them illegally which might ‘out’ them.

But I also think there needs to be a law holding the gun owners responsible for the fact that they leave their guns laying around so these minors can kill people with them.  If a kid breaks into a safe or takes some extraordinary effort to get the guns, no charges for the owner that secured them.  Too many times we find these retard kid’s parents buying them guns and then not securing them.  They give the kids carte Blanche access and when the kid snaps it’s as easy to grab the gun as it is a backpack.
View Quote
... Are you sure you're not a registered Democrat?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

See how dumb that argument is?
View Quote

No, I don't.  Trump came out pro-gun, Obama was obviously for gun control.

Obama tried to have his ATF ban shouldering pistol stabilizers and used an EO to ban imports of firearms and ammo from Russia.  He also used an EO to ban vets from owning firearms if they signed over their financial decisions to someone else.  

He took action.  Trump has taken no anti-2A legislative or EO actions.  

Poor comparison.

I'm still waiting to that link of audio or video of Trump saying this.  I'll settle for him writing something down, too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Reagan didn't do that.  The legislature did that before he got in and then took the money away to make sure that he couldn't fix it.  Nixon, on the other hand, thought that he could buy votes by appeasing the liberals with things like deinstitutionalization, and he did it all across the US, which led to the whole insanity of things like the "Free the Slow" movement in Texas.  It wasn't Reagan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny I keep forgetting what did Ronald Regean sign in 1986?  Dont Arfcommers say he was the greatest president of all time?
Fuck Regan! For tossing out the fair reporting, fuck him for killing the asylums too
Fuck Clinton for the AWB
Fuck Bush Jr. For the patriot act and GWOT
FUCK OBAMA (pick any one of the 30 available reasons)

FUCK TRUMP....why? What's he actually done that hurts America or gun rights?
Reagan didn't do that.  The legislature did that before he got in and then took the money away to make sure that he couldn't fix it.  Nixon, on the other hand, thought that he could buy votes by appeasing the liberals with things like deinstitutionalization, and he did it all across the US, which led to the whole insanity of things like the "Free the Slow" movement in Texas.  It wasn't Reagan.
Thank you for correcting me.
Fuck Nixon for dismantling the mental asylums
Fuck Regan! For tossing out the fair reporting
Fuck Clinton for the AWB
Fuck Bush Jr. For the patriot act and GWOT
FUCK OBAMA (pick any one of the 30 available reasons)

FUCK TRUMP....why? What's he actually done that hurts America or gun rights?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Age to vote ought to be 21 then also.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It absolutely isn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s a dumb idea, mandatory conscription at 18 for 2 years is a smart one.
It absolutely isn't.
I believe it is, 18 to buy a long gun should remain legal. I purchased my first rifle on my 18th birthday in CA. A 1939 Turkish Mauser in 8mm, to this day it still hasn’t shot anyone or decided to go on a rampage. If people are required to go to military service at 18 no laws need to be changed, and people from every political side are educated correctly on firearms and the responsibilities of owning and using them. Look at Israel or Sweden, it’s a proven fact that system works. Have a safe in every classroom with loaded mags in it, during an active shooter alert the safe can unlock remotely. Idf soldiers are not permitted to have rifles loaded unless instructed to in the event of an emergency.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Iirc I was 16 when I got my first pistol. Before that I had shoot, but only owned pellet and B.B. guns
-
answer to voting is remove the franchise to anyone with public support. While the youth hurt, welfare and aarp looses a lot of votes as well
-
grew up with access to guns at not only my house, but probably every friends house. The problem is not access it is indoctrination.  We used them as tools for hunting not social engineering
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#23]
So what are we getting in return hpa National cfp? Tried of  compromise meaning gun owners get fucked
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#24]
take it to 40...more guns for me
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Agreed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed
So let it be written, so let it be told.

I believe you should have to qualify to vote with the qualification being some sort of proven success.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bullshit.  Some of you need to stop freaking out and remember how many times Trump has fooled the shit out of the media.
View Quote
Exactly.  This is all a trap for the media and antis.  They keep falling for it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess i should turn my gund in now,since arfcom has decided that i shouldnt own them.

I remeber a proposal to make it illegal for anyone under 18 to be able to handle a firearm at all, so i guess that would be the next logical step, think of the children.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Exactly.  Trump has a long history of drifting away from a gun control position, not towards it.  This was not the feeling I got when Bush said that he would be happy to reauthorize the AWB at all.

I suspect that Trump will do what he has been doing, which is use something reasonable to the fat middle of the bell curve to draw the Dems in and make the whole thing their failure, hang it around their neck, and look far more reasonable and statesmanlike to the low information voter WHICH IS WHAT HE HAS BEEN DOING BY THE NUMBERS and then quietly keep doing all of the MAGA stuff that people aren't paying attention to.
View Quote
This is spot on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Then continue to freak out over rumors and no actions.  Your choice.  Have fun with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not freaking out.

I’m just saying that your wait and see logic is flawed.

Kinda like

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#31]
That's more than an inch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

TOTALLY AGREE the fucking NEVER TRUMPERS and trolls are jumping with joy right now . It like the num nut ass wipes want this crap to happen. Fucking disgusting POS. They are speading thus crap faster than the left wing extremists spread the russian bullshit.

Oh wait they spread that shit on here also
View Quote
I didn't vote for Trump, never trusted him. I still hoped to be proved wrong once he was elected because I want what's best for the country more than I like being right. But seing what Trump is actually backing, I'd hope his hardcore fans would be the first to hold his feet to the fire rather than sitting back smirking about 4d chess and telling the realists to sit back and see where he's going with this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I’m not freaking out.

Kinda like

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351027/0B644FE4-BAA7-4DC3-BE93-9FF75586C42A-459631.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not freaking out.

Kinda like

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351027/0B644FE4-BAA7-4DC3-BE93-9FF75586C42A-459631.JPG
Pass what, exactly
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I didn't vote for Trump, never trusted him. I still hoped to be proved wrong once he was elected because I want what's best for the country more than I like being right. But seing what Trump is actually backing, I'd hope his hardcore fans would be the first to hold his feet to the fire rather than sitting back smirking about 4d chess and telling the realists to sit back and see where he's going with this.
View Quote
You have a right to how you feel.

And I have the right to remind you that the other option is hillary.  Because if not for Trump, hillary as slated to "win."

I don't GAF if you "trust Trump."  Because I trust hilldog to fuck us over at every turn as a matter of course.  Trump screwing us once or twice is still better than that.

Yes, this sucks........but every time Trump does/says something that can be construed as deviating from extreme right-ism, the never-trumpers come out in force with the "see what you did, look.....trump really is horrible and cannot be trusted."

It's worn out and tired.  Trump is your potus.  He's 1000000x better for us than Hillary would have been.  That is a damn fact.  Because if Hillary was in office, there'd be an AWB out already in Congress and we'd be considering confiscation of all semi-autos rather than the potential of an accessory being used as a pawn.  Neither is good, but lest you forget.....Hilldog promised to work on nothing besides gun control as soon as she got into office, and to work on it until she got everything she wanted (which is all the guns).
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
when will we see some winning on guns ?
View Quote
We won't..
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I work in an office full of old oilfield guys. Been shooting with all of them. Nearly all of them have nfa stuff. All have AR's and ak's. Every one today was saying they agree with the 21 to own an AR bit. It's hard to argue against when handguns already have that limit, and nobody wants psycho kids shooting up schools. This is in the most red state in the country. That should tell you something about national sentiment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:16:45 PM EDT
[#37]
My son turned 18 yesterday.

He is mature and very responsible.

He has been signed into Navy delayed entry for several months now and in 5 months he leaves for basic training.

This curtails his Second Amendment rights.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
21 for a handgun never made me mad, when pushing for more gun rights it never even occurred to me to ask about lowering the handgun age down from 21. I was pushing for more shit for me. and I was over 21 so i didn't care or even think about it.  I was ok with people being restricted by the age of 21 before.

Never even thought about it. As you say. "its always been that way"

Flame me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If were going to play this little game, why don't we throw social media into the mix.  Between cyber bullying and human trafficking concerns, social media is far to dangerous for anyone under 21 to participate.  I'd venture a guess that more teens have committed suicide over negative social media comments than have been killed in school shootings.

Truth is we don't really want to solve the problem, only use dead kids to advance a political agenda.  That's why there aren't calls to raise the age kids can have a facebook or twitter account when someone kills themselves or gets abducted over an online connection.
View Quote
Im down with that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#40]
I would almost be okay with 21 to buy, IF we get something major in return. What, I don’t know, but if we give an inch here, we better take a foot somewhere else. I’m sick of playing the damage control game instead of coordinating actual compromise. If anyone can do that, it’s Trump. We’ll see.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My son turned 18 yesterday.

He is mature and very responsible.

He has been signed into Navy delayed entry for several months now and in 5 months he leaves for basic training.

This curtails his Second Amendment rights.
View Quote
yes it does.

The problem with age is its an arbitrary number. I know 17 year olds who have their shit together and 43 year olds who don't.  we know that GENERALLY people who are older are more mature and wiser. hence age restrictions.

unfair, yes. broad yes. arbitrary, yes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Funny I keep forgetting what did Ronald Regean sign in 1986?  Dont Arfcommers say he was the greatest president of all time?
View Quote
He signed FOPA which was supposed to protect us while transporting firearms through enemy territory.  It also allowed us to buy bulk ammo mail order.  You like those, right?

Of course I know you're referring only to what was supposed to be the poison pill in the bill.   Remember he was dealing with a D controlled Congress, and although the Ds of the 80s were not the out and proud commies they have become today, they were still no friend to us.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
the way you think terrifies me and gives me little hope  that our fellow gun owners  will fight more unconstitutional laws

I wish the COC didnt keep me from telling you what I really want to say about what you "think"
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Trump is hosting parents, teachers and students, including those from Parkland, to talk school safety today. It will be interesting to hear what he says later this week.

One thing folks shouldn't underestimate is the whole 'kids dying' effect on Trump.  Remember the Syria strike?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

the way you think terrifies me and gives me little hope  that our fellow gun owners  will fight more unconstitutional laws

I wish the COC didnt keep me from telling you what I really want to say about what you "think"
View Quote
I agree, this chain of thought will lead to it being justifiable to sue manafactures and dealers for damages from shootings
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Exactly.  This is all a trap for the media and antis.  They keep falling for it.
View Quote
Oh, this is where you remind us how he is playing some some of 3D backgammon, but without any details because you in reality have nothing to say?

Got it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#47]
With the current situation with the tide pod eating generation I am all for this. Go for 25 though. If you can't rent a car or are still eligible to be on your parents insurance you aren't ready. To be fair though we are going to need to apply this age of 25 to all things across the board. No drinking, no drivers licenses, no voting, no marriage, no military service, no draft, no smoking, no credit cards, no entering in any legal contracts, no jobs(it's child labor after all), no casino, no lottery tickets, etc. Anything and everything should be set at 25 as the minimum age. See how well that flies with the college age lefties. Voting age used to be 21 let's bring that back and bump it up to 25!

"You can't do that! It infringes on our rights?" the left will say. Ya well fuck you...all your bullshit anti gun crap infringe on mine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If the age to purchase all guns is 21, then an 18 year old cannot buy a rifle and saw the barrel down to pistol length.

This means SBR laws no longer serve a purpose at all.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Trump is hosting parents, teachers and students, including those from Parkland, to talk school safety today. It will be interesting to hear what he says later this week.

One thing folks shouldn't underestimate is the whole 'kids dying' effect on Trump.  Remember the Syria strike?
View Quote
More like the effect on Ivanka.

Ivanka is swell but her social circle is as left oligarch as it gets.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here’s a thought....I really don’t care about you or your Coc.

I’m not sure what terrifies you about an age restriction to keep an AR15 out of the hands of the age group most likely to shoot up a school with it.  Not to mention that each time one of these idiots shoot up a school, it gives the other side more ammunition to outright ban AR15’s.  But then again, I really don’t care what you think.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top