Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#1]
That would have stopped the 18 year old shooter in Vegas.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Keep denying it bud.  Trump has sold us all out
View Quote

Please show me where ANYTHING has changed with your gun rights in a negative fashion due to Trump.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#3]
There is absolutely NO WAY I can support this 21 year old age bullshit when young people can be drafted at 18 years old.

It is evil to do that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll reserve judgement until I hear Trump say it himself, or until something actually happens.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did say that, he needs to get some heat off of him...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not endorsing anything either way but you all know you have to be 21 to buy a handgun?
View Quote
To buy yes, but to be in possession it’s 18 iirc. With long guns it’s 18 to buy, 16 to be in possession of. Someone correct me if I’m wrong
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m ok with this if the voting age goes up with it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Back in the day you had to be 21 to vote, right when I turned 21 they changed the voting age to 18
Joined the Army at 18, couldn't drink, couldn't vote, don't recall if I could have purchased a fire arm.  Could drink on base.
View Quote
That's the way it was...was at Ft Wolters and had the word MINOR glaringly stamped across my pass...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#8]
If it goes like what was talked about on radio yesterday, Probably go for the NRAs National Concealed carry.

I also want the hearing protection act and fix the background check so it is used for all NFA sales at point of sale if it's not repealed.

Trump needs to learn what Not One More Inch means but the NRA has his ear and I think they are happy with just the National cow and they think that's a win.

NRA needs to hear from people that it's not a win but it's giving in again. Fuck that.

Trump needs to hear that the voters are pissed at any giving in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You shut up.
View Quote
Purses on sale isle 87
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh boy what a day this is going to be.
View Quote
Looks like it's shaping up to be even more fun than yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I owned a gun at age 13 because that was the first year I was legal to hunt. How the fuck do the people have a right to take that way?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sounds about right.  Kids don't wanna leave the house until they're 40, and stay on their parents insurance until they're dead.
View Quote
This is all part of the grand design.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I owned a gun at age 13 because that was the first year I was legal to hunt. How the fuck do the people have a right to take that way?
View Quote
My gun ownership began at age 12.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh boy what a day this is going to be.
I'm getting tired of all the caving. I was told there would be some winning. Maybe a little winning small-ly before caving would have been nice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well aren't you special...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not endorsing anything either way but you all know you have to be 21 to buy a handgun?
View Quote
And I have a problem with that, as things currently stand.  If I had the opportunity, I'd strike that law.  Make the age of majority 20.  It's a nice round number, it would eliminate having adults in high school.  It would give parents the ability to stay involved in their kid's college education progression during the first 2 years where they are most likely to fail out.

It solves all the problems.....but like I said......you are either 100% adult with all your rights, or you are a minor and do not.  But this quasi-adult bullshit needs to end.  If I can amass debts, serve my nation, and all of that stuff......I ought to be able to buy whatever guns I want, vote, and drink while smoking.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll reserve judgement until I hear Trump say it himself, or until something actually happens.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did say that, he needs to get some heat off of him...
View Quote
Trump isn't up for re-election, he doesn't need to worry about the heat.  He could easily have said "I'm requesting Congress take action and get something on my desk" which is what a President should be doing.  Which would have taken any heat off of him.

The fact that Trump didn't ask Congress to do their job, instead went to the press with his demands that Sessions create a ban on bump stocks when the current law does not allow them to be regulate is very telling.  Trump is trying to make things happen.  He isn't playing 3D chess, he isn't trolling the media, he is backing a ban on bump stocks and raising the age to buy a rifle to 21.

The sad part is we all know the legislators won't just pass a very simple bill raising the age to 21, they will still all sorts of other measures in it.  Trump using Executive Action to push for more regulations, just like Bush, Clinton, and Obama gives me all the info I need to judge Trump on this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
To buy yes, but to be in possession it’s 18 iirc. With long guns it’s 18 to buy, 16 to be in possession of. Someone correct me if I’m wrong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's only 21 to buy a handgun from an FFL. Private party sales or gifts are legal at 18.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Pay taxes, send others to kill in your name by voting, or put your self in harms way at 18. But can't buy a gun.

Sounds like the peak of morality.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Purses on sale isle 87
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You shut up.
Purses on sale isle 87
AISLE. The word is aisle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Holding judgement until I hear it from the WH
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

AISLE. The word is aisle.
View Quote
I wanted them on a island
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep, along with people being able to claim their kids as dependents until 21
View Quote
... clever
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Please show me where ANYTHING has changed with your gun rights in a negative fashion due to Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep denying it bud.  Trump has sold us all out
Who was the first president in decades to attend the NRA meeting?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

10 or 11 here.  A Ruger 10/22.  I had a 12 gauge at 15.  Nobody died.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#27]
WOW! Part of the tread title was upper case....must be something really, really, really SPECIAL.

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a 22 year old and an 18 year old.  I have had a lot of teenagers cycle thru my house for a few years now.  We live rural, farm and ranch area of SW OK, guns are everywhere.  
A lot of the kids/young adults that I have gotten to know, I wouldn't trust them with a firearm.  They are good kids and smart but most kids aren't raised the same way most of us were.
I am not sure there is an easy answer but I do know they enemy is slowly chipping away at our freedom, inch by inch.  
Oddly, we will keep having these mass shootings until the left get what they want.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You people should wait and see what happens before going apeshit.
View Quote
TOTALLY AGREE the fucking NEVER TRUMPERS and trolls are jumping with joy right now . It like the num nut ass wipes want this crap to happen. Fucking disgusting POS. They are speading thus crap faster than the left wing extremists spread the russian bullshit.

Oh wait they spread that shit on here also
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Age to vote ought to be 21 then also.
View Quote
And to join .mil. No child soldiers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Holding judgement until I hear it from the WH see something actually happen either legislatively or regulatory.
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Bullshit.  Some of you need to stop freaking out and remember how many times Trump has fooled the shit out of the media.
View Quote
Same people were screaming that he had given the dems everything they wanted for the dreamers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Fine by me
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yep, along with people being able to claim their kids as dependents until 21
View Quote
Umh, you can claim a person of any age as a dependent if you provide a substantial amount of support for them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Had my first gun at 12

He aint gonna do shit
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, if we cant trust 18-20 year olds to drink and own a gun we cant trust them to vote.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Funny I keep forgetting what did Ronald Regean sign in 1986?  Dont Arfcommers say he was the greatest president of all time?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

To buy yes, but to be in possession it's 18 iirc. With long guns it's 18 to buy, 16 to be in possession of. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
View Quote
In MA it's 18 to buy and 15 to own for a rifle so I doubt it's stricter anywhere else. You can never be in sole possession of a handgun under 21 (you can go to a range with a licensed individual over 21 and use their guns at any age)
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Can not; vote,drink,drive,leave the house, have sex, use a sharpened shovel, eat dirt, masturbate, masturbate others or enlist until 21 either then.
View Quote
That’s the idea.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
TOTALLY AGREE the fucking NEVER TRUMPERS and trolls are jumping with joy right now . It like the num nut ass wipes want this crap to happen. Fucking disgusting POS. They are speading thus crap faster than the left wing extremists spread the russian bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You people should wait and see what happens before going apeshit.

Not at all. But you and your brethren pissed all over those of us with even the smallest amount of trepidation WRT Trump. Woo woo! Get on or get run over! MAGA baby!

Here we are and now you expect us to not point out how your boy is turning on us? No way in hell. YOU burned that bridge.

You don’t get to whine that you’re a victim of the situation you created.

I’m a Second Amendment purist. Absolutist if you will. Independent of who is in the White House, I say Not One More Inch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#42]
The amount of energy spent on panic posting in GD is staggering.

Redirect that energy to contacting your representatives and telling them that they and the president will lose your vote if they do any "gun control" nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was guarding convicts just after I turned 19, most of my peers were working full time in either factory or construction jobs. I owned (well the bank did) my own home at 21 as did most of my peers. No man I knew still lived at home with their parents when they were 21. Even the few I knew that went to college had their own places by then. That was in the 70s.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Here’s something that’ll stump the gun grabbers, to include Trump:  Steven Paddock was an older man, far beyond 21.  Of course do I believe he did it?  No, but that is the narrative.

Evil is evil.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't see how this could work. If you can live on your own at 18 how can you be denied the right to protect your home?

I'll say one thing, if they push this through it better raise the voting age as well. If you are not responsible enough to own a firearm you are not responsible enough to make decisions that impact the safety and economic standing of the entire nation and it's people.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Fuck that shit.

My unborn kid already has an AR built. 6 months to go
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#47]
You guys act as if the world is ending and Trump is responsible for it. Do you guys not realize how much worse this could be?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#48]
No more child soldiers.  The male patriarchal society I was born into me brainwashed me into joining at 17! 17!  I was too young to understand and thought I could handle the USMC infantry.  I convinced my parents.  I should have been 25 and wiser.  President Obama told us that we are children until 25 and need our parents health care.  Raise the voting age to 25.  Even though I had four years in the Marines, and a Bachelors at 25 what did I know.  When will this end. This isn't the 50's, be enlightened.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You guys act as if the world is ending and Trump is responsible for it. Do you guys not realize how much worse this could be?
View Quote
Yup, let's totally ignore it. It'll probably just go away.

The 855 fiasco is proof that vocal outrage to unconstitutional laws gets the yellow bellied politicians to back off.

We need to stay as vocal even with Trump. Or else we'll get more Patriot Acts
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Back in the day you had to be 21 to vote, right when I turned 21 they changed the voting age to 18
Joined the Army at 18, couldn't drink, couldn't vote, don't recall if I could have purchased a fire arm.  Could drink on base.
View Quote
I was just reading that Nixon changed it because it's fucked up to serve in the military at 18-20, but not be allowed to vote. I would rather have seen him raise the age for military service to 21.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top