Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:24:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bump stocks are fucking gay.
View Quote
I can see where you're coming from as I have no interest in bump stocks, but what's even more gay is bans and even more restrictions than we already have.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:32:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So if we give this up then the next time there is a shooting what are we going to give up then?
View Quote
Holy fuck!  Lol, no one is giving anything up.  Trump said it was being looked into.  I said if the possibility of giving up bump stocks, or take another awb, what is the choice. Can any of you people read?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:35:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't want anything looked at or " banned". Yet, I think bump stocks are some or the most gay shit our industry has produced. Yes, I'll be in the minority, but I don't give a fuck. Pretend FA is g*y as fuck. Full Auto isn't even needed in 99.9% of situations, militarily or in the civilian sector. Someone would be better off spending the cash on civi red dots/night vision and lasers than buying an full auto lower. If they can buy all of the above, great, then they should be able to. Gimmicks do nothing for me.

IMO, we have bigger fish to fry.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Holy fuck!  Lol, no one is giving anything up.  Trump said it was being looked into.  I said if the possibility of giving up bump stocks, or take another awb, what is the choice. Can any of you people read?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if we give this up then the next time there is a shooting what are we going to give up then?
"The rest are smart enough to know that POSSIBLY sacrificing one stupid accessory is worth making gun grabbers get a feeling of accomplishment to get them off our backs. Just talking about it could be enough. Shit, the stuff they tried to fast track in Florida failed today. It's amazing how fucking retarded shit has got around here in the last few days"

Nice try but now, that isn't what you said.

You said the smart people know we should sacrifice something to give them a feeling of accomplishment and get them off our backs.

Yes, you did say it might not come to that, and just talking about it might suffice, but you also said "POSSIBLY SACRIFICING ONE ... ACCESSORY" simply to "GET THEM OFF OUR BACKS."

So I asked, if we go down the road that leads to sacrificing this accessory to get them off our backs this time, what are we going to put on the table for them next time?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:55:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't want anything looked at or " banned". Yet, I think bump stocks are some or the most gay shit our industry has produced. Yes, I'll be in the minority, but I don't give a fuck. Pretend FA is g*y as fuck. Full Auto isn't even needed in 99.9% of situations, militarily or in the civilian sector. Someone would be better off spending the cash on civi red dots/night vision and lasers than buying an full auto lower. If they can buy all of the above, great, then they should be able to. Gimmicks do nothing for me.

View Quote
Shutting down the idea that gun control is even on the table in any form is the only fish we should be focused on frying.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:08:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shutting down the idea that gun control is even on the table in any form is the only fish we should be focused on frying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, we need to quit humoring the left by pretending to be sensitive to so-called "gun violence" issues, and start meeting their attacks with the ridicule and scorn they deserve.  Anyone proposing that criminal behavior can be controlled by implementing more laws should be laughed off the stage and their stupidity highlighted for the public at every opportunity.  "Only fools believe that criminals adhere to the law.  Are you a fool?..." etc..
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:21:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Isn't it something like 200 "assault weapon" homocides since 2014, and around 13.5k firearm homocides a year? And people here are ready to fold, because of media coverage on stuff that's well under 10% of the problem?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m not a fan of bump stocks, but I like having the option of buying one if I ever want it. If he passes this it’s definitely a -1 in my book.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:13:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to wait and see what actually happens.

Bump stocks are retarded, but banning them would be a step in the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#10]
For the first time I'm actually happy bump stocks exist, with the hope they can be thrown to the wolves and save our rifles and magazines. Not a popular opinion I know.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Bump stocks are stupid.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#12]
153 people agree?

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I just hope they don't ban belt loops, I have no ass and my pants will fall off.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Before you get people all fired up OP let's see what actually happens.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#15]
If people stay home on 2020 over a stock then theyre just shortsighted idiots, period.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Go ahead and put your head in the sand. We're going to get WAY worse regulations put on us than otherwise would exist, if it wasn't for stupid ass bump stock and the gazillion videos on YouTube of people using them.

It's going to do MORE damage to the 2A movement than helping it.
View Quote
Seems to me like you're the one with their head in the sand.

Do you actually think giving up bump stocks will make the gun grabbers content?

This is about setting precedent that a semi auto can be fired too quickly. If you think this is actually about a stock I don't know what else to tell you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#17]
President Trump is playing chess and liberals are playing checkers.

Don't fret, he knows what he's doing.

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Go ahead and put your head in the sand. We're going to get WAY worse regulations put on us than otherwise would exist, if it wasn't for stupid ass bump stock and the gazillion videos on YouTube of people using them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your fudd opinion is fucking gay.

Sad. Low energy. Quisling.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:47:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pole choices suck. Just need a simple no.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:48:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Shifty pole. Commie.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The "train" for gun rights has been sitting in the station for over a year.

The "train" for bans seems to be gathering steam with Trump's help.

There is no train headed towards liberty at this point.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If people stay home on 2020 over a stock then theyre just shortsighted idiots, period.
View Quote
Yeah, just give up bump stocks and the banners will be satisfied and the mass shootings will end. Whew.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Funny thing is that Trump hasn’t proposed a bumpstock ban.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
He sure fucked the NRA then.

...and? Fuck yes. I'm 100% saying this was Trump's idea from the very beginning. Maybe Ivanka's. But clearly someone who doesn't know jack squat about firearms or their historical development.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Bump stocks don’t even crack the top ten things that I’m worried about right now. Banning them isn’t even a blip on my radar. Now an AWB or banning and confiscation of magazines is a totally different matter.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Funny thing is that Trump hasn't proposed a bumpstock ban.
View Quote
It doesn't help that people are already upset and the MSM is straight up saying trump is banning them. But that seems to have more to do with shitty reporting and no understanding of current laws...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Not my bumpstock. Not your SBR. Not his magazines. Not one inch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

...and? Fuck yes. I'm 100% saying this was Trump's idea from the very beginning. Maybe Ivanka's. But clearly someone who doesn't know jack squat about firearms or their historical development.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly you can’t read and chose to post your anti-trump spew over many threads. When nothing happens what will you do?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bump stocks don't even crack the top ten things that I'm worried about right now. Banning them isn't even a blip on my radar. Now an AWB or banning and confiscation of magazines is a totally different matter.
View Quote
You think it's wise to go down the path that a semi auto can be fired too quickly?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It doesn't help that people are already upset and the MSM is straight up saying trump is banning them. But that seems to have more to do with shitty reporting and no understanding of current laws...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny thing is that Trump hasn't proposed a bumpstock ban.
So everyone thinks the MSM is legitimate now?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll never understand why most people do not give you a simple yes/no, always some bullshit mixed in, didn't vote cause poll sucks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#32]
20% of the people here agree with a ban. Fucking pathetic, you’re more of a problem than the snowflake kids protesting.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For the first time I'm actually happy bump stocks exist, with the hope they can be thrown to the wolves and save our rifles and magazines. Not a popular opinion I know.
View Quote
Do you actually believe that is where it will stop?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't want anything banned.

I'm not deeply disappointed in him though.

I never thought that DJT was going to be like DJT Jr.

Between him and Hillary it was no contest.  Like the OP's poll, the choices sucked, and you have to decide if you're going to go with the best answer or not vote at all.

Overall, I'm very happy with this presidency and if we lose bump stocks, that's definitely not a positive thing. But the overall MAGA that has happened so far has been a lot more than I expected from him.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. A line has to be drawn somewhere, unless you believe every citizen has a right to own whatever he wants with no limitations. And if you believe that you're stupid. Trump doesn't have the option of doing nothing.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This. A line has to be drawn somewhere, unless you believe every citizen has a right to own whatever he wants with no limitations. And if you believe that you're stupid. Trump doesn't have the option of doing nothing.
View Quote

You do realize it's the semi auto rifle that's shooting quickly right? That piece of plastic just helps the user do it, the function of the rifle doesn't change, it just gets sped up.

It's the rifle the gun grabbers really want.

Unless you don't think people should be allowed to own semi auto rifles either....
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yup.

The blurb I heard Trump speaking on the radio was directing the DOJ to review definitions and how bumpstocks fit into legality of 922(o), which we know they do by every current definition.  So it is a 'look over here, we're doing something' gesture IMO.  Not something to be taken seriously.

If I'm wrong, so be it.  But that's based off of what I heard of Trump speaking.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pathetic and disgusting
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#39]
I thought bump stocks were a bad idea from the beginning. It is clearly nothing more than a way to try to get around regulations on fully automatic fire. I neither need or want a fully automatic rifle or a bump stock.

Bump stocks cannot be compared to hi capacity magazines in any way and they are not something I will ever spend one word trying to justify.

To me defending bump stocks are like some of the Christians at the church we used to attend who wanted to spend a lot of church/Sunday School time talking about how bad Halloween is. Really!

They screech about Halloween's evil beginnings rooted in paganism instead of seeing it for what it is in the modern world. It's just a costume party for kids and nothing more. But with all the Leftist forces arrayed against Christians and Christianity in general they want to spend time on THIS. Pure stupidity in motion.

Spending time and effort defending a device that many, many of us wouldn't own even if you gave it to us is in that same Stupid Is As Stupid Does vein as those Christian Halloween haters.

With all the forces working against gun owners our efforts are needed elsewhere defending more worthy issues.

My opinion.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I thought bump stocks were a bad idea from the beginning. It is clearly nothing more than a way to try to get around regulations on fully automatic fire. I neither need or want a fully automatic rifle or a bump stock.

Bump stocks cannot be compared to hi capacity magazines in any way and they are not something I will ever spend one word trying to justify.

To me defending bump stocks are like some of the Christians at the church we used to attend who wanted to spend a lot of church/Sunday School time talking about how bad Halloween is. Really!

They screech about Halloween's evil beginnings rooted in paganism instead of seeing it for what it is in the modern world. It's just a costume party for kids and nothing more. But with all the Leftist forces arrayed against Christians and Christianity in general they want to spend time on THIS. Pure stupidity in motion.

Spending time and effort defending a device that many, many of us wouldn't own even if you gave it to us is in that same Stupid Is As Stupid Does vein as those Christian Halloween haters.

With all the forces working against gun owners our efforts are needed elsewhere defending more worthy issues.

My opinion.
View Quote
When they come for something you DO care about, I hope you get fucked over just like you are fucking over guys that like bump stocks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
President Trump is playing chess and liberals are playing checkers.

Don't fret, he knows what he's doing.

View Quote
The only man to ever walk the face of the Earth I have that much unchecked faith in was Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My opinion.
View Quote
What are your thoughts on braces?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#43]
I read the memo and don't understand what has changed.  It's the same thing as before.

Clarify if a bump stock makes a gun in to a machine gun.  That's really all there is to it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:46:40 AM EDT
[#44]
That's a pretty good poll OP...

I voted I'm disappointed, because I know giving an inch on gun control to Liberals, means they want 10 football fields... but personally... I'm in the zero shits given.  I think bump stocks are freaking stupid..
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the fuck are we even CONSIDERING drawing the line behind us?

We haven't even achieved getting SBR's and suppressors legalized yet without going through a bunch of bureaucratic bullshit.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nothing happened, but the memo read like shit.

Maybe it's chess, we'll have to wait and see. It's enough to be annoyed or pissed and fire off some angry emails to DJT anyways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pole fail.
Non vote because "No, nothing has happened yet" not a choice.
Nothing happened, but the memo read like shit.

Maybe it's chess, we'll have to wait and see. It's enough to be annoyed or pissed and fire off some angry emails to DJT anyways.
How does the memo read like shit?  Try reading it again and let the words sink in.  It's really...a nothing burger.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:51:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Lets say it is not surprising, and nothing has actually happened yet, he just told sessions to look at it.
View Quote
The only thing I’m hoping is in the report I read said some thing along the lines of “these were approved under the O admin... I told them to take a look because I had concerns” COULD possibly mean... “shit isn’t going to change and when it comes back not being deemed a machine gun... I can tell the people that say I didn’t do shit it’s O’s fault”... but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Sorry your gal lost
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Suppressors are done if we lose (give one inch) on bumpstocks. (I get how stupid they are) But we'd be giving up an accessory, you don't think that will give leftist momentum to prevent HPA or SHARE from actually happening.
View Quote
The HPA died as one of the victims of the Vegas shooting.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top