Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:21:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If he does this , I will stay home in 2020 .
View Quote
I won’t stay home but I guess ill be voting for Darrell Castle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:22:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't given up hope.  He had everyone fooled about DACA....

He can say, "well we need to have HPA or CC reciprocity in there too, that was discussed" we'll see.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:23:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ironic horowitz quote in your sig for that comment that you made
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:25:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FWIW, I don't agree with the ban of bumpstocks, but I agree with the political rationale on banning bumpstocks.  The vast majority of people are simply not 2A absolutists.  That is a fact.  And bumpstocks are a workaround of the NFA, and we all fucking know it.  Like it or lump it, bumpstocks are an Achilles heel for our cause.  You simply cannot jump into arguments and defend the AR because it is only semi-auto and not a weapon of war, and then at the same time defend bumpstocks using the same logic.  It creates a gotcha opportunity and shoots big time holes in one of our chief arguments...that the AR-15 is not a military grade rifle.  You know and I know bumpstocks are clownshoes, you can bum fire without one, yadda yadda yadda, but ever since Las Vegas bumpstocks were dead men walking.

Trump takes just a little wind out of their sails pre-mid term elections so they can't say he did nothing.  Eventually this blows over.

Learn where to fight your battles.  Dying on the bumpstock hill is stupid when we might be able to actually win on national reciprocity and suppressors.
View Quote
Suppressors are done if we lose (give one inch) on bumpstocks. (I get how stupid they are) But we'd be giving up an accessory, you don't think that will give leftist momentum to prevent HPA or SHARE from actually happening.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:25:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Fooled on DACA?

Where is the fucking wall?

Fooled by bump stocks?

Where the fuck is the HPA, national reciprocity and freedom from threat of infringement during his presidency?

Trump said he'd make us tired of WINNING, not make us tired of not completely losing.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Sgt. Osiris may have to speak regarding Trump otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:27:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:28:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow aprrox. 21% are anti-gunners.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:30:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Think bump stocks are stupid = anti gun  
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:30:23 AM EDT
[#9]
dope tap
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can't see results cause I won't vote. Options are pathetic.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back at ya buddy.

Let me guess, you support banning them, because they are "just a gimmicky novelty".
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hit the vote button without selecting an option. It's what I did.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:33:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Checkers players against bump stocks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:34:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yup.

The blurb I heard Trump speaking on the radio was directing the DOJ to review definitions and how bumpstocks fit into legality of 922(o), which we know they do by every current definition.  So it is a 'look over here, we're doing something' gesture IMO.  Not something to be taken seriously.

If I'm wrong, so be it.  But that's based off of what I heard of Trump speaking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pole choices suck. Just need a simple no.
Worst pole ever.  Still on Trump Train..did not vote.
Yup.

The blurb I heard Trump speaking on the radio was directing the DOJ to review definitions and how bumpstocks fit into legality of 922(o), which we know they do by every current definition.  So it is a 'look over here, we're doing something' gesture IMO.  Not something to be taken seriously.

If I'm wrong, so be it.  But that's based off of what I heard of Trump speaking.
Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:37:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hit the vote button without selecting an option. It's what I did.
View Quote
Didn't know that worked.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:37:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Checkers players against bump stocks.
View Quote
Yep...

"This isn't the hill to die on! We'll appease them with this, and get nothing in return. It's a 4D chess brilliancy."
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:46:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Back at ya buddy.

Let me guess, you support banning them, because they are "just a gimmicky novelty".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back at ya buddy.

You guess right.  They are a gimmicky novelty.  I don't give a fuck about them.  Just like the muzzle brake with a picatinny rail.

Your lack of logic still stands.  A bump stock is not a gun.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:52:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You guess right.  They are a gimmicky novelty.  I don't give a fuck about them.  Just like the muzzle brake with a picatinny rail.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back at ya buddy.

I'm guessing you must have purposefully avoided my threads and @Jaqufrost 's? If they were really so gimmicky they wouldn't be such a lightning rod politically.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:55:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back at ya buddy.

Threaded barrels aren't guns, standard capacity magazines aren't guns, and ergonomic furniture pieces (pistol grips, adjustable butt-stocks, et cetera) aren't guns. It's a slippery slope; there's no reason to go sledding down it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:58:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Anything opposite of the Trump-train is Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton or the Dem equivalent.
Let that sink in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:04:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Still on it. I don't like it, but i feel the NRA was mostly responsible for this. I think the NRA has a lot of influenece with Trump and the way they talked about bumpstocks after Las Vegas, it was kind of amazing bumpstocks made it this long.

I'm just going to wait and see right now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:06:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Still on it. I don't like it, but i feel the NRA was mostly responsible for this. I think the NRA has a lot of influenece with Trump and the way they talked about bumpstocks after Las Vegas, it was kind of amazing bumpstocks made it this long.

I'm just going to wait and see right now.
View Quote
The NRA screwed the pooch so hard that it died of rectal prolapse.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FWIW, I don't agree with the ban of bumpstocks, but I agree with the political rationale on banning bumpstocks.  The vast majority of people are simply not 2A absolutists.  That is a fact.  And bumpstocks are a workaround of the NFA, and we all fucking know it.  Like it or lump it, bumpstocks are an Achilles heel for our cause.  You simply cannot jump into arguments and defend the AR because it is only semi-auto and not a weapon of war, and then at the same time defend bumpstocks using the same logic.  It creates a gotcha opportunity and shoots big time holes in one of our chief arguments...that the AR-15 is not a military grade rifle.  You know and I know bumpstocks are clownshoes, you can bum fire without one, yadda yadda yadda, but ever since Las Vegas bumpstocks were dead men walking.

Trump takes just a little wind out of their sails pre-mid term elections so they can't say he did nothing.  Eventually this blows over.

Learn where to fight your battles.  Dying on the bumpstock hill is stupid when we might be able to actually win on national reciprocity and suppressors.
View Quote
That's not how it works. Once you give the left an inch, they gain the momentum and it takes the wind out of OUR sails.

It sets a dangerous precedent to start banning plastic parts on an AR-15
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:08:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Bump stocks are fucking gay.
View Quote
They are but you have to be fucking retarded not to see what banning them will lead to.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:14:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back at ya buddy.

Your logic is fucking retarded.

A 30 round mag isn't a gun.  A scope isn't a gun.  A foregrip isn't a gun.  A collapsible stock isn't a gun.  Any sort of rail that allows for attachments isn't a gun.  A suppressor isn't a gun.

Fuck it, ban all that shit.  It's not like they are banning guns so who gives a fuck?

This fuckin' place sometimes...

I don't own and will never own a bumpstock.  Apparently many of us here were full of shit when they claimed "not one inch."

That or given the choice between standing up for what they believe in or continuing to let Trump rub his balls all over their tongue, they just can't stomach going without the latter.

Now this could be some more 4d chess shit going on but if that involves giving up so much as an inch of ground to the anti's then count me out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:18:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think lots of things are stupid but I don't think I have a right to take that stuff away from people
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:27:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Wow, between this thread and the reading comprehension failure thread earlier, I am convinced gd's IQ is way less than 87.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:27:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Maybe your girl will run again
View Quote
Ain't my girl Nancy!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:29:39 AM EDT
[#29]
still on the Trump train. Bump stocks isn't my biggest single voting issue
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:30:51 AM EDT
[#30]
No but it’s a big mistake. Never embolden your enemies by giving them a victory of any kind.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:32:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's not how it works. Once you give the left an inch, they gain the momentum and it takes the wind out of OUR sails.

It sets a dangerous precedent to start banning plastic parts on an AR-15
View Quote
I think of it as a chumming of the waters for the anti 2A sharks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:44:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
More like approximately 19% are retarded
60% are just a little smarter
The rest are smart enough to know that POSSIBLY sacrificing one stupid accessory is worth making gun grabbers get a feeling of accomplishment to get them off our backs.  Just talking about it could be enough.  Shit, the stuff they tried to fast track in Florida failed today.  It's amazing how fucking retarded shit has got around here in the last few days
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:48:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The rest are smart enough to know that POSSIBLY sacrificing one stupid accessory is worth making gun grabbers get a feeling of accomplishment to get them off our backs.  Just talking about it could be enough.  Shit, the stuff they tried to fast track in Florida failed today.  It's amazing how fucking retarded shit has got around here in the last few days
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

"Quick give them a piece of cake! If it doesn't work, then next time we might stand our ground. However, we've still got lots of cake left, so we can give them more, and maybe then they'll back off!"

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed.

Lots of political bullshit going on but I am not quitting on Trump just because of the full court press by all our enemies and the complete capitulation by the Republican Congress.
We are trying to MAGA for at least two terms and there are gonna be rough spots to weather along the way.

It is hard but we need to keep fighting no matter what comes our way!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:51:51 AM EDT
[#35]
... Trump made 20% of arfcom agree on some "common sense gun control"... What does it feel to throw away your principles like that?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:53:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Depends on how you define "on the trump train".

He was the lesser of two evils. Doesn't mean I have to like him.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:55:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

"Quick give them a piece of cake! If it doesn't work, then next time we might stand our ground. However, we've still got lots of cake left, so we can give them more, and maybe then they'll back off!"

View Quote
If you had a choice between another AWB and losing bump stocks, what would it be?  Would you risk it all for bump stocks, lol.  Were you of age during the Clinton awb

@sturmgeist
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:55:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
... Trump made 20% of arfcom agree on some "common sense gun control"... What does it feel to throw away your principles like that?
View Quote
The way it is worded some people could have picked that answer because they agreed with an assumed strategy, not necessarily actually banning bump stocks. I didn't care for any of the wordings so I didn't vote.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:59:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Trump has already gone beyond what the NRA said relative to bump stocks.

ALREADY.

Trump owns this 100%.

If he proposes a mag ban or an AWB MAGA is totally dead.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:05:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you had a choice between another AWB and losing bump stocks, what would it be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

If you had a choice between another AWB and losing bump stocks, what would it be?
If you have the choice between surrendering all firearms and submitting to strict licensing and registration for a limited group of legal guns (rimfire, break-action, bolt-action, pump-action, and lever-action), which would you choose?

It's not a choice between the AWB and giving up bump stocks. I can't think of a single anti-gunner, who has said, "Give us the bump stock ban, and we'll leave the AWB alone for now."
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:06:07 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't know yet. I'm waiting to see what happens, but right now, this doesn't feel like winning.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:18:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you have the choice between surrendering all firearms and submitting to strict licensing and registration for a limited group of legal guns (rimfire, break-action, bolt-action, pump-action, and lever-action), which would you choose?  
Lol!  I'd lose my shit in a boating accident and register my fudd stuff.  But, this really has nothing to do with what I said, lol,!

It's not a choice between the AWB and giving up bump stocks. I can't think of a single anti-gunner, who has said, "Give us the bump stock ban, and we'll leave the AWB alone for now."
I didn't say anyone did, I asked you a simple "what if?" Question, but apparently that is beyond your comprehension.  Are you drunk?
View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:38:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:38:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty close,
Think bumpstocks are stupid and should br banned. Yes, that = anti gun.
Youre ok with bans on things some people consider stupid?  I got news for you, liberals think guns themselves are not only stupid but dangerous.
Stocks, mags, NV, none of them are guns. Ammo isnt a gun either, so ban those dangerous JHP "cop killer" bullets.
Keep giving away rights and you'll lose them surprisingly fast.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:40:36 AM EDT
[#45]
I am having a hard time understanding why not only are the Share Act and nationwide concealed carry reciprocity apparently dead, but why there is even the slightest hint of an opening for a new AWB from Trump.

I wonder if we gun owners aren't the ones being played by Trump. Not the Dems and media.

He floats the possibility of a new AWB so that we'll be grateful we only get a bump stock ban, and we'll forget all about the Share Act and concealed carry.

I voted for Trump, but he is looking more like a giant turd as time passes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:43:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
You aren’t smart OR politically savvy if you think handing over a victory to the gun grabbers is a good thing. It just makes you spineless.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:46:07 AM EDT
[#47]
We are approaching midterm elections.  He isn't going to blow up the party on gun rights!  That being said, the public thing is pretty damn depressing at the moment.  I sure hope this all flops.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:46:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Some people view political parties like sports teams. They will defend and rationalize whatever their team does.

I remember during the Bush years all the support for the Patriot Act from Republicans/conservatives...."If you ain't one of them turr'ists then you ain't got nuthin to hide or worry about" I was told repeatedly.

Then when the Obama regime took over suddenly the Patriot Act was bad and something used and abused by tyrants.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:02:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you had a choice between another AWB and losing bump stocks, what would it be?  Would you risk it all for bump stocks, lol.  Were you of age during the Clinton awb

@sturmgeist
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

@sturmgeist
So if we give this up then the next time there is a shooting what are we going to give up then?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:16:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I’m very disappointed in him.  I’ve gotten used to disappointment from him but this one hurts.
View Quote
Yes, this is Trump's "read my lips moment".
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top