Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 120
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If this proves to be a real move and not rope a dope, I'll not be voting DJT again.  Ball is now in his court.
View Quote
Sounds like he signed a memo telling Jeff sessions to make a bill to put to Congress.

So not an outright ban
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You mean fuck the NRA right?  I'm sure Trump thinks he's doing what's right since the NRA came out and demanded it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How is Trump going to go against the NRA on gun issues?
It doesn't help that Wayne came out against bump stocks after the Vegas shooting.

Fuck Trump I was one of his biggest supporters but fuck him. He is an idiot, he stands to gain nothing from this. The left will never give him credit for doing something they want. All he is doing is selling out his base.
You mean fuck the NRA right?  I'm sure Trump thinks he's doing what's right since the NRA came out and demanded it.
This is Reagan all over again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe if he promises a full-out AWB, they will let him build a wall.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Banning bumpstocks will not save one American life in 1000 years.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Peace in our time at any cost.  Right Neville Chamberlain?
View Quote
Probably more like not being able to reinforce Wake.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Video of Trump speaking at link

View Quote
WTF OP. At least tell us the truth.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Only way this could be 4D chess is if..

Bump stocks are now NFA items classified as machine guns, and because of this the NFA registry is now open to all new machine guns not just in bump stock form, and the tax stamp is dropped to $0 with a maximum 30 day wait for issue.

But I highly doubt that, however I would accept that
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Watch us have to be back ground checked for a bump stock lol
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Sanders says Trump is 'open' to bump stock ban

Wonder if its a bumpstock BAN or back ground check to buy bump stocks. Either way its fucken stupid.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Trump did say anything that modifies a firearm to full auto.

Could this be a play on words?

Hopefully this is a new dimension of chess he's playing.
View Quote
Naw.  Bump stocks were banned when the NRA came out against them.  Only the details were up in the air.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#12]
The rumors were that somebody was leaning on Sessions (DOJ) to lean on ATF to re-evaluate bump stocks.   ATF wanted no part of it.   I would say this more or less confirms those rumors.

Trump didn't think of this on his own.   He isn't a "gun guy."   His son is but he isn't.    No, somebody he trusts on guns fed this idea to him.    Anybody want to guess who?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Which two regulations will get removed for this new regulation?

Oh right that only works for corporate shit.

I'll never buy a bump stock but fuck this slippery slope BS. How did we cave so easily?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
President Trump said he has directed Attorney General Jeff Sessions to propose changes that would ban so-called "bump stocks," which make it easier to fire rounds quicker.

"Just a few moments ago I signed a memo directing the attorney general to propose regulations that ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns," Trump said at a Medal of Valor event at the White House.

"I expect these regulations to be finalized, Jeff, very soon," Trump said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
President Trump said he has directed Attorney General Jeff Sessions to propose changes that would ban so-called "bump stocks," which make it easier to fire rounds quicker.

"Just a few moments ago I signed a memo directing the attorney general to propose regulations that ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns," Trump said at a Medal of Valor event at the White House.

It is an interesting choice of words.  He is throwing this back at the DOJ.  We don't know what is in that memo.  DOJ/Sessions could come back and say, by the color of the law, there is no legal way to ban bump stocks w/out passing new laws or modifying the language of what makes a machine gun, a machine gun.  Again, I'm not happy with Trump if this is what it appears, but Trump has been good to us this far with MAGA, so I'll wait and see what happens.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Video of Trump speaking at link

View Quote
We read that and say "ha they're still not machine guns" but unfortunately I suspect it has more to do with shitty reporting.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don't be retarded. If Hillary was in office they're be going full on band on everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't believe how many idiots on this forum backed Trump.

Suckers.
Don't be retarded. If Hillary was in office they're be going full on band on everything.
That's absolutely true, but not justification to give Trump a pass on everything because "he's not Hillary".
This is a slap in the face to the patriotic lovers of freedom that got him elected. We now need to decide if we
turn the cheek or slap back...
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lawl.

I think I see where this is going.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is a very slippery slope.

If Trump enacts a federal ban on something as innocuous as the simple piece of plastic that a bumpstock is, it opens the door to banning all sorts of other AR upgrades and will constitute the biggest mistake and betrayal that he has made since he announced his presidential run.
View Quote
This is not going to be just a simple piece of plastic. It's going to be binary triggers, hellfires, cranks, everything that was previously mentioned by the left gun grabbers.

Next: Any magazine over five rounds.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Forget it...
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@Seraphim
@tirod

Care to spin this?
View Quote
87D chess, Q predicted this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#21]
WATCH: Sarah Sanders holds White House news briefing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWMuzBjwzoU
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Stand by for the local police to come to your place to arrest you and confiscate all of your guns.

View Quote
I am very good friends with the local sheriff and all 4 deputies, they wouldn't think to try it. Out here something like that would start a lynch mob walking down main street.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bump stocks are now NFA items classified as machine guns, and because of this the NFA registry is now open to all new machine guns not just in bump stock form, and the tax stamp is dropped to $0 with a maximum 30 day wait for issue.

View Quote
It can also buy time to allow the CNN lies to start hitting the mainstream, like the kid who seems to be in a lot of CNN stories.

Also lets the Russia story get further out that shows the MSM was a pawn of Russian meddling and that the division they cry about is actually them being played.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#24]
this is definitely not MAGA at all.

so the war on gun ownership continues....fuck be upon him.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lawl.

View Quote
Yeah I dont think its a 13 dimensional chess game like people keep insinuating

Id be thrilled to be wrong
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If something like this can be done why didn't Obama start banning shit?
Exactly.
Because Las Vegas didn't happen under Obama and sadly plenty of gun owners and the NRA are happy to sacrifice bumpstocks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lawl.

View Quote
I hope you are right but I damn sure just sent the Whitehouse a message to let them know how I felt. Will it ever be read? Who knows, but if they receive enough it might be heard.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Ted Cruz wouldnt have made that order.

Trumpers...
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
this is definitely not MAGA at all.

so the war on gun ownership continues....fuck be upon him.
View Quote
I hope we don't have to start saying FDJT soon
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#30]

edit: @gym007 you can embed this in the OP if you want
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Does no one here realize that doing nothing in the face of these tragedies is untenable?

Mark my words, if more school shootings happen during his admin where some loser nutjob shoots up bunch of kids again, Trump will do way more than bump stock bans.

Most of you never compromisers don't realize we live in woke times, and social media and public opinion means way more than it has ever in human history.

Either gunowners lead the charge and come up with reasoned solutions ourselves or we'll get some terrible bans headed our way.

I rather see conversation headed toward better mental health screening for gun purchases and ways to harden schools (ex. trained, armed, vetted adult teachers/coaches in schools) rather than some hardened 'no' when no is not an acceptable alternative to the majority.   Keep that no compromise attitude up and we'll get what we deserve.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#32]
well there goes the salad days of things. Bet we start going into buying everything up again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If this proves to be a real move and not rope a dope, I'll not be voting DJT again.  Ball is now in his court.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sounds like he signed a memo telling Jeff sessions to make a bill to put to Congress.

So not an outright ban
View Quote
How does the Attorney General originate legislation?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Never happen. The ruling elite will never allow the NFA to open back up nor be removed.
I personally think Trump is only a believer in the 2nd to get elected. He said what he needed to say, but back to back shootings were too much for him.
Trump is all about image, in his mind he will look back if he doesn't do "something" after these mass shootings. The left will never like him, something he seems to not understand.
I voted for him, may voted for him again but this is a betrayal.
2018 just got a lot harder for republicans and in that, Trump's MAGA agenda.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What the fuck are the NRA shills?
View Quote

Dude, you can't just go out and do a Gold Medal quality mental gymnastics routine on demand.  You have to go through your  "Stretching the Truth' exercises, review your "Excuses" routine, and decide if you want to do Wayne LaPierre's Pommel Horse or Marion Hammer Throw.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you're going to go all grammatik macht frei, at least know what the hell you're talking about.  He's using the word properly.
View Quote
The way I read it in my head is funnier.  Sometimes that's enough.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Anybody that can access Don Jr's Twitter, what is he saying? I'm sure it is blowing up about this moment...

Still gonna wait and see before jumping ship from the MAGA train.  You guys give up way too quick.  And all the N_T'ers in this thread. lulz.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:19:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I hope we don't have to start saying FDJT soon
View Quote
dark times ahead if we do.

Might be time for the "will not comply" crowd to put up or shut up
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If something like this can be done why didn't Obama start banning shit?
View Quote
Obama would have if he could have but 41F was all he could pull off. Trump can't do this by EO either to my knowledge, all he did is write a memo to the DOJ who can't write legislation, they only enforce. I think Trump laid down a smokescreen that should keep the heat off until this current story is out of the news cycle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
@Seraphim
@tirod

Care to spin this?
View Quote

Also @SWIRE
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The rumors were that somebody was leaning on Sessions (DOJ) to lean on ATF to re-evaluate bump stocks.   ATF wanted no part of it.   I would say this more or less confirms those rumors.

Trump didn't think of this on his own.   He isn't a "gun guy."   His son is but he isn't.    No, somebody he trusts on guns fed this idea to him.    Anybody want to guess who?
View Quote
A sexy ass blonde liberal bitch who happens to be family.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It is an interesting choice of words.  He is throwing this back at the DOJ.  We don't know what is in that memo.  DOJ/Sessions could come back and say, by the color of the law, there is no legal way to ban bump stocks w/out passing new laws or modifying the language of what makes a machine gun, a machine gun.  Again, I'm not happy with Trump if this is what it appears, but Trump has been good to us this far with MAGA, so I'll wait and see what happens.
View Quote
There are only two potential outocomes here:   either ATF comes out and says, again, "these aren't machine guns" or they are being forced by DOJ (by Sessions via Trump) to say "O.k., they are machine guns."

Those are the only two conclusions from where I sit.

Neither of those came from Trump.   He isn't a gun guy.   We know that.   We also know of one institution that came out and recommended exactly what he is saying here.

The only question remains:  which of the two outcomes will we get?

Either way, we know who is behind this and either this is Eleventeen-D Chess on an epic level or we just got sold out by the largest gun rights organization in the country.

I don't which will happen but we're going to find out real soon.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Bad optics for sure, but the devil may be in the details here.
Quite likely the response to his memo is “Mr President, such devices are already regulated or prohibited, and our finding is that bumpfire stocks do not convert legal semi-automatic rifles into machine guns”

I might be overly optimistic, but I’m gonna hold on to the hope of MAGA.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Trumpers...
View Quote
Ted Cruz wouldn't have beat Hillary.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#46]
well wtf
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is not going to be just a simple piece of plastic. It's going to be binary triggers, hellfires, cranks, everything that was previously mentioned by the left gun grabbers.

Next: Any magazine over five rounds.
View Quote
I realize that. Add to that lightweight bolt carriers, drop-in triggers, and anything under the sun that can increase rate of fire or make it easier to shoot quicker, and you have a nightmare scenario that will destroy the AR market and shooting sport.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Trumpers...
View Quote
Ted Cruz could never have beaten FHRC.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Visions of the primaries dancing in our heads

Those who said that he would not deport ALL of the illegal aliens and said that it was possible he would enact gun banning were tarred as Hillary shills and GOP cucks.

Sometimes, its not easy being right

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Going to be interesting to see what other devices will be targeted. If not this time, then after the next shooting.
Page / 120
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top