Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 120
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
To the people who believe Trump is just trolling the Democrats.  Why would he do that in front of law enforcement, teachers, and students?  Why would he lie directly to their faces about what he is trying to do?

Also, has a President ever requested/ordered the ATF/Treasury to review a firearm related item only to have them come back and tell the President  "NO"?  Has that ever happened?  Clinton wanted thumbhole stocks banned, the ATF did that.  Clinton wanted 58 types of firearms banned form import and that happened.  GW Bush wanted parts kits with barrels banned, that happened.  Obama wanted 7N6 ammo banned and it happened. When has a Presidents request/order ever been denied?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, underway because of him.

I didn't go the feels route. I went the route of facts, and you've gone the route of politician worship.

And HPA got taken off the table after the Scalise shooting. Not the Vegas shooting. And Ted Cruz had no part of it. Good job outright lying.

And you gotta remember that the pussy you support is now proposing banning bump stocks and might raise the age to buy a rifle to 21.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you went the feels route...

Nothing he told the AG changes ANYTHING that wasn't already underway. It is a move to block the media from saying he isn't doing anything

Any action on that front should require congress. The same pussies you support like Cruz who took HPA off the table after Las Vegas. He can't sign or repeal laws they don't pass.

So once again, quote me or STFU
Yeah, underway because of him.

I didn't go the feels route. I went the route of facts, and you've gone the route of politician worship.

And HPA got taken off the table after the Scalise shooting. Not the Vegas shooting. And Ted Cruz had no part of it. Good job outright lying.

And you gotta remember that the pussy you support is now proposing banning bump stocks and might raise the age to buy a rifle to 21.
Both which should require passing in congress, and won't

That's the point
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think he clearly meant "makes guns shoot real fast" not " allows continual firing by holding the trigger to the rear"
View Quote
Is that how the DOJ lawyers will interpret it?  LOL
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes, do I dare ask what brought that up? The oddest part is one of his buddies swears he met me (I'm sure he did meet me) and I started telling him about my Jewish faith. Edit I think that guy really thought that happened and I think he really did meet me.

edit it wasn't that random, I was arguing with him about Nazis, white supremacists and I think he meant "You must be a Jew to hate Nazis so much" I mean I wasn't posting about panini grills and Maynard just asked if I was a Jew.
View Quote
That's not nearly as funny as I thought it was.

I thought it was something about rifles/Fudds and the guy was like "you must be a jew".  

But I guess not.

Was just thinking how some arguments get off on such a tangent, you end up not discussing the original topic.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You're spent this whole thread defending a man who just said he directed his Attorney General to propose regulations that "turn legal weapons into machine guns".

And before you ask, fuck no I didn't vote DJT in the primary. I voted for Ted Cruz. You know. The guy who wrote he amicus brief for Heller. What pro gun thing has your guy done so far?

Because SHARE/HPA hasn't passed. National Reciprocity hasn't passed either. He hasn't even made public statements about them. He's paid the 2A lip service, sure. He mentioned it at the SOTU and that was awesome. He's the first president in forever who went to an NRA meeting. Awesome.

But legislatively, or at the policy level... he repealed one EO. That's it. That's the best he's done.

We have both fucking houses. This isn't excusable.

Donald Trump is a good president, and I'm glad I was wrong, but I won't defend him on this for one fucking second, because I'm consistent with my principles.

I don't worship any politician. You apparently do. And you've decided that was more important than guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quote it. Or are your feels in the way?
You're spent this whole thread defending a man who just said he directed his Attorney General to propose regulations that "turn legal weapons into machine guns".

And before you ask, fuck no I didn't vote DJT in the primary. I voted for Ted Cruz. You know. The guy who wrote he amicus brief for Heller. What pro gun thing has your guy done so far?

Because SHARE/HPA hasn't passed. National Reciprocity hasn't passed either. He hasn't even made public statements about them. He's paid the 2A lip service, sure. He mentioned it at the SOTU and that was awesome. He's the first president in forever who went to an NRA meeting. Awesome.

But legislatively, or at the policy level... he repealed one EO. That's it. That's the best he's done.

We have both fucking houses. This isn't excusable.

Donald Trump is a good president, and I'm glad I was wrong, but I won't defend him on this for one fucking second, because I'm consistent with my principles.

I don't worship any politician. You apparently do. And you've decided that was more important than guns.
Why don't you cite Ted Cruz's official position on Bump Stocks.

Cite any politician supporting Bump Stocks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Has the NRA been infiltrated?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is that how the DOJ lawyers will interpret it?  LOL
View Quote

DOJ will do what DJT tells them do and love it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Both which should require passing in congress, and won't

That's the point
View Quote
You're right. They won't require passing in congress. The ATF is likely to go and do it all on their own.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do you really think Trump knows enough about guns to know the difference?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That literally isn't bumpstocks.

"devices which simulate the function of machine guns" is the phrase of choice of the pants-pissers.
Right?  The guy's a complete idiot.  He only got to where he is by inherited money and blind luck.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Facts matter, facts don’t care about feelings.

This isn’t remotely close to the daca case. Keep telling yourself that’s it’s a chess game.

The current admin instructed atf to review devices that increase the rate of fire.

Atf has never asked congress for approval on any of interpretations or rulings, I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Examples of atf acting or attempting to act on their own without needing Congress:

5.56 ap - ban attempted without congress

5.45 7n6 - banned without congress

Foreign ak barrel imports - banned without congress

The brace shit show - all without congress

Atkins accelerator - approved it and then banned it without congress

40mm chaulk rounds - atf determined on their own that that these were high explosives, then later decided that they weren’t

The NRA didn’t force fdjt to do anything. The NRA is just as stupid as fdjt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There's also third party, or just not voting.
View Quote
Yes, technically those are options, but in practice they only serve to divide votes and let Democrats win.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think he clearly meant "makes guns shoot real fast" not " allows continual firing by holding the trigger to the rear"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's your "I'm a lawyer!" opinion of that memo?

Do a lot of your clients end up in the electric chair?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
How about him saying that gun control isn't the right answer? Is that good enough?

As far as I'm aware, Ted Cruz has never capitulated on bump stocks or any other 2A position.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Right?  The guy's a complete idiot.  He only got to where he is by inherited money and blind luck.
View Quote
I don't know if you know this...

... but there are smart people who don't know anything about guns.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes, do I dare ask what brought that up? The oddest part is one of his buddies swears he met me (I'm sure he did meet me) and I started telling him about my Jewish faith. Edit I think that guy really thought that happened and I think he really did meet me.

edit it wasn't that random, I was arguing with him about Nazis, white supremacists and I think he meant "You must be a Jew to hate Nazis so much" I mean I wasn't posting about panini grills and Maynard just asked if I was a Jew.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda aside from this whole Trump/FTrump thing...

Were you the mod/staff that was having a disagreement on something with a guy here, and then the member just randomly asked if you were a jew?

But should the chili sauce on Hebrew National Franks have beans or not? Hmmm?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty much. I’ve met people like Trump before.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, technically those are options, but in practice they only serve to divide votes and let Democrats win.
View Quote
And last I checked I don't have to continue to vote for a group of people who stabs me in the back.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right.

I'm 100% sure that he sat down and wrote that memo himself without any kind of plan or expert advice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Agreed. SHARE Act/HPA and reciprocity should've been passed by now.

Trump can get back on my good side, but it's gonna take real 2A wins.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#24]
The Resident Trump Haters are sure out in force today...

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How about him saying that gun control isn't the right answer? Is that good enough?

As far as I'm aware, Ted Cruz has never capitulated on bump stocks or any other 2A position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure he capitulated on supporting Bump Stock.

Simple search finds it.

You are simply unaware of how toxic the Bump Stock issue is with the majority of Americans.

Find a single politician that will support devices intended to circumvent full auto restrictions.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You think the BATF got the memo and said 'Clearly he intends us to take no action as a bumpstock doesn't function like a machine-gun" ? Come on.
View Quote
You're so stuck in the New York mindset that you wouldn't recognize winning if Charlie Sheen was banging 7 gram rocks on your lap and pouring stripper glitter on your tits. You've been so consistently wrong about Trump and an embarrassment to this website, I cannot even fathom how the Avilas have kept you on staff. Shameless.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Right, Trump wrote that memo and some lawyer is going to say "Oh he didn't use the right technical description to describe a bump stock even though he mentioned a bump stock in the press conference where he mentioned the memo, so since machineguns are already restricted who wants Starbucks?"

edit and no death penalty in NY!

(well arguably in Federal Court since today is super silly pedantic argument day!)
View Quote

Aimless, I'm pretty sure that that's exactly what Rajun_Cajun thinks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Simple search finds it.

You are simply unaware of how toxic the Bump Stock issue is with the majority of Americans.

Find a single politician that will support devices intended to circumvent full auto restrictions.
View Quote
Are you gonna link it or not?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Both Florida GOP and Trump state that they want to raise the age to buy long guns at 21. Incoming FL Senate President Bill Galvano (R) is pushing that along with other gun control. He mentioned it a day before Trump did.

This seems like NRA whispered advice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Is this where I come to outrage over somebody said something that might make something happen if that thing over there happens, and those something's over there come into alignment with these somethings over here, but first the somethings over there have to be processed through that something over yonder and some Jew I met may or may not have meant something he didn't say, and the something that somebody said he might make happen may not happen because something could happen or not?

Is this the place where I come to outrage for the day?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
a nevertrump with staff powers who can't be ignored

how convenient
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simple search finds it.

Ted Cruz open to Bump Stock Restrictions
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Simple search finds it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simple search finds it.

Would you

fucking

go away...

You are absolutely not convicing anyone here of anything but you are giving everyone flashbacks of 1993 fudds hollering "ya don't need 'dem high capacity clips!!"
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This isn’t remotely close to the daca case. Keep telling yourself that’s it’s a chess game.

The current admin instructed atf to review devices that increase the rate of fire.

Atf has never asked congress for approval on any of interpretations or rulings, I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Examples of atf acting or attempting to act on their own without needing Congress:

40mm chaulk rounds - atf determined on their own that that these were high explosives, then later decided that they weren’t

View Quote
where have you been hiding

slither out of the dark i see

back where you came from, the trash

kbb
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Aimless, I'm pretty sure that that's exactly what Rajun_Cajun thinks.
View Quote
Hmm, let's compare political prediction records starting from the beginning of the 2016 presidential campaign.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#36]
"Ted Cruz was asked this morning about the Vegas Shooting, specifically the bump stocks that were used by the shooter. Cruz was hesitant, however, to even call for hearings on bump stocks until we know all the facts."

Did you even read your own link?

He didn't even entertain the idea. He didn't even call for hearings.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
And last I checked I don't have to continue to vote for a group of people who stabs me in the back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every time a republican thinks about gun control it should be automatically connected with the realization he won't get re-elected.

Every time.  For every new gun law.  I'm sick of rewarding this behavior, if they don't do what we want don't vote for them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hmm, let's compare political prediction records starting from the beginning of the 2016 presidential campaign.
View Quote
Unlike you, I can admit when I'm wrong. I'm not the one defending a guy calling for firearms regulation.

Yeah. I voted for him. Yeah, he's a good president. But he's not perfect, and he's fucking us over.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

kbb
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

kbb
What did he say that was wrong?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#41]
"We haven't closed the door on any front."

That's what White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders had to say when asked if the President supported reinstating the Clinton gun ban.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised.

But just yesterday, I warned you this could happen.

It pains me to say that President Trump has officially caved to the media when it comes to gun control.

It's so bad that Fox News just ran an article titled: "President Trump warms to gun control measures in wake of school shooting."

This comes moments after President Trump signed an order instructing the Justice Department to BAN many common firearm accessories in an attempt to placate the liberal media and anti-gunners in Congress.

Make no mistake; Trump's accessory ban is just the tip of the gun control iceberg. Gun bans and potential confiscation by executive fiat are bad enough, but it gets worse.

Not only is President Trump trying to ban certain firearm accessories by executive fiat, the White House is signaling he's open to increasing the age requirements to purchase certain firearms.

In fact, right after signing the ban on "bump stocks," Trump took to Twitter to affirm his support for other gun control proposals.

It's all "on the table for discussion."

Who knows what else is on the table? With liberal Republicans and Democrats sitting down to discuss gun control in the U.S. Senate, anything could happen.

These are the first dominoes to fall, and the liberal media won't be satisfied with Trump's Second Amendment surrender. They'll want more, and Trump may very well be ready to give it to them.

Gun control is gathering steam, and we may not have much time to derail it. Please sign your petition and call President Trump TODAY.

National Association for Gun Rights

P.S. "President Trump warms to gun control measures in wake of school shooting"

That's the headline Fox News is using to describe the gun control push that the White House has taken up, starting with his order for the Justice Department to ban common firearm accessories.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"devices which simulate the function of machine guns" is the phrase of choice of the pants-pissers who want bumpstocks banned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did, but I wasn't hyperventilating at the time.

Maybe that explains the difference in comprehension.
"I just signed a memorandum directing the Attorney General to propose regulations to ban all devices to turn legal weapons into machine guns."

It's literally in the WH response emails now.

"devices which simulate the function of machine guns" is the phrase of choice of the pants-pissers who want bumpstocks banned.
The only people who use the NFA definition of MG are Arfcommers and ATF agents.

According to the rest of the world...

Attachment Attached File

The entire point of a bump stock is to make a gun that isn't legally a MG perform like a MG. That's why the product exists, and that's why we had "bump SAW" threads here for a long time.

But you know what? The Trump Administration didn't have to even bring up this subject. He won over most of his voters by being an asshole that wasn't afraid to rustle jimmies and piss people off. All he had to do to win here was keep doing that. Instead, here we are.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

kbb
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Facts matter, facts don't care about feelings.

This isn't remotely close to the daca case. Keep telling yourself that's it's a chess game.

40mm chaulk rounds - atf determined on their own that that these were high explosives, then later decided that they weren't

The NRA didn't force fdjt to do anything. The NRA is just as stupid as fdjt.

kbb
How is this trolling not a personal attack?

its basically all he posts
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#44]
If we could all stop fighting amongst ourselves for a minute, I'd like to pose a question; less for the sake of receiving an answer but more as food for thought.

If the left can get out there and scream their message until they're blue in the face (and actually get something DONE much to our behest)..... Why can't we? Why won't we? Why aren't we?

Why does it seem like all we are capable of doing is bitching amongst ourselves then sending emails/making phone calls which appear to be doing very little at best.

Surely out of all of us here, we can come up with some kind of REASONABLE (IE, not jumping straight to civil war) plan of action. There has to be something we can do, because at this rate, all we're able to do is prolong the inevitable.

It isn't too late, but it WILL be too late if we don't act. Do I have the answers? No, I don't. What I do have is the strong desire and willpower to come up with an effective counter against the left, however. Let's work together and get HR38 passed, suppressors off the NFA, even the NFA repealed as a whole.

Where there's a will, there's a way. We clearly have the will.

/soapbox
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You're so stuck in the New York mindset that you wouldn't recognize winning if Charlie Sheen was banging 7 gram rocks on your lap and pouring stripper glitter on your tits. You've been so consistently wrong about Trump and an embarrassment to this website, I cannot even fathom how the Avilas have kept you on staff. Shameless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You think the BATF got the memo and said 'Clearly he intends us to take no action as a bumpstock doesn't function like a machine-gun" ? Come on.
*shaimless*
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Everything you mentioned deals with Imports. And that falls strictly under executive purview.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To the people who believe Trump is just trolling the Democrats.  Why would he do that in front of law enforcement, teachers, and students?  Why would he lie directly to their faces about what he is trying to do?

Also, has a President ever requested/ordered the ATF/Treasury to review a firearm related item only to have them come back and tell the President  "NO"?  Has that ever happened?  Clinton wanted thumbhole stocks banned, the ATF did that.  Clinton wanted 58 types of firearms banned form import and that happened.  GW Bush wanted parts kits with barrels banned, that happened.  Obama wanted 7N6 ammo banned and it happened. When has a Presidents request/order ever been denied?
Everything you mentioned deals with Imports. And that falls strictly under executive purview.
Thumbhole stocks wasn't an import issue.  The law left them out, Clinton asked the Treasure to review it, and they concluded thumbhole stocks were actually "pistol grips" and a banned item.  It did affect imports but the ruling itself had to do with the ATF's interpretation of the law which is exactly what the ATF is doing with bump stocks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Would you

fucking

go away...

You are absolutely not convicing anyone here of anything but you are giving everyone flashbacks of 1993 fudds hollering "ya don't need 'dem high capacity clips!!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simple search finds it.

Would you

fucking

go away...

Don't worry nobody pays an attention to me.

ps. If you quit quoting all my posts it might reduce your "flashbacks".

Just Sayin.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Excuse me? Did they just say an AWB is on the fucking table?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#49]
IMO this is pretty unbelievable. To say this right after Vegas would be one thing but to say it 4 months later after a shooting that didn't even involve the accessory is another.

Based on my interpretation: He was not suggesting, he was ordering the DOJ/ATF to create a policy that considers the bumpstock a machinegun under the law.  To the people, who disagree, using this statement: "they have already interpreted it to not be a machinegun, so they can't treat the stocks as a machinegun without congressional process ",  have you already forgotten about the back and forth ATF Letters on pistol braces? Legal this month not the next and then legal again?  And that was government employees without an edict from the big boss.  I believe they surely can consider them banned items for the reasons below.

The machinegun laws/definition doesn't consider a bumpstock; and technically it doesn't fit firmly in the legally provided definition. Therefore

1.because of the lack of consideration about these types of items at the time of drafting the original law, and
2.because the bump stock so closely resembles what most reasonably prudent, non gun people consider a machinegun;

There is enough of a gray area that the executive branch can go either way based on the leader of the executive branches(president) orders.

All he would have to do is say "well we think this falls in this category(machinegun) based on 1 and 2 above; and if congress disagrees well they can pass an amendment to the law.  And if a citizen thinks this is unconstitutional, you can keep your stock and try and get to the Supreme Court after you have already become a convicted felon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Trump 'open' to gun restrictions for certain individuals, according to White House official

"The White House would consider barring all firearms for some individuals, like those with mental illnesses"

Trump is not pro gun, stop deluding yourselves.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/21/trump-open-to-gun-restrictions-for-certain-individuals-according-to-white-house-official.html
Page / 120
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top