BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL, was typing at the same time.  Slightly different message, lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CrossFit makes you weak. The only thing worse is cardio.

#fitscience
LOL, was typing at the same time.  Slightly different message, lol.
Only slightly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thank you for validating my point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CrossFit makes you weak. The only thing worse is cardio.

#fitscience
Thank you for validating my point.
I’m here for ya bro.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I won't laugh at you for crossfit.  The average crossiftter is stronger and more skilled at powerlifting and weightlifting (Olympic style) than the average guy by far.  Take some dude off the street and stick him in a squat rack and he's going to fall over before he ever does a bodyweight squat correctly.  He wouldn't be capable of a light deadlift or even more than 20 pushups.

Take an average crossfitter and he's going to be comfortable in a squat rack, can toss his lawn mower into the back of a truck without hurting himself, can jog around coaching kids soccer, can overhead squat (a pinnacle of mobility imo) and rip out a few burpees without breathing hard.

Crossfit gets a bad name only from the people who don't do it and are looking for reasons to justify their fatness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't like the gym. It's full of meathead shitstains and smoking hot distracting ladies. I hate having to conjur up my own workout and I don't like doing the same boring ass routine over and over then have to think up some other new workout. Laugh at me all you want, but that's why I started doing Cf. I don't have to think about shit, it's always different, and everyone at my gym is super cool. I am waaaay stronger than I was before and I look a lot better too. I've seen a lot of fatties come through, most quit but one older gal has lost 70lbs. Crazy. If all you're interested in is curls for the girls and getting a new max everyday then by all means, a conventional gym is for you
I won't laugh at you for crossfit.  The average crossiftter is stronger and more skilled at powerlifting and weightlifting (Olympic style) than the average guy by far.  Take some dude off the street and stick him in a squat rack and he's going to fall over before he ever does a bodyweight squat correctly.  He wouldn't be capable of a light deadlift or even more than 20 pushups.

Take an average crossfitter and he's going to be comfortable in a squat rack, can toss his lawn mower into the back of a truck without hurting himself, can jog around coaching kids soccer, can overhead squat (a pinnacle of mobility imo) and rip out a few burpees without breathing hard.

Crossfit gets a bad name only from the people who don't do it and are looking for reasons to justify their fatness.
Nailed it. I was stronger when I was doing CF than most of the shit talkers

Plus it got me into oly weightlifting.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
5'11" and a buck 60?....... Shit.......please.

Sounds like your a hard gainer. I'm the same height, and my fighting weight is 220-225........

You could be like Bradley M. It will take about 3-4 years, lifting 5-6 days a week, no less than three muscle movements, and to failure. Plus you're going to need to eat about 240 grams a day worth of chicken breast, steak, or fish. And, eat a big bowl of oatmeal about 1.5 hours before you lift.

I can get to 255 in 5-6 months by being fat and lazy. Still wear 38-40 waist. However, I can get back to 220 and have chesticles and slight abs in 3 months.

I'm the opposite end of the spectrum. I'll never be a buck 60. I looked like an Ethiopian at 175 in my high school pictures. With discipline and nutrition, I could be a lean 250-260 in a few years. Maybe 3 or so. Lifting everyday is a fuck ton of work.

TL:DR You need some cardio. You need some resistance training, whatever that may be 2-3x per week. Eat at least your weight grams to pounds in quality protein of whatever form. Learn to like fruits, veggies, rice and oatmeal at an equivalent gram/body weight ratio and go enjoy life. Stop worrying about what you're not. A healthy whatever weight is better than unhealthy at any weight.
View Quote
It is always funny to the the guys who get to a 'lean 250' balloon up to a 315 after not being able to lift for 6 months for whatever reason

BUT I'M NOT WEAK!!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is always funny to the the guys who get to a 'lean 250' balloon up to a 315 after not being able to lift for 6 months for whatever reason

BUT I'M NOT WEAK!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like your a hard gainer. I'm the same height, and my fighting weight is 220-225........

You could be like Bradley M. It will take about 3-4 years, lifting 5-6 days a week, no less than three muscle movements, and to failure. Plus you're going to need to eat about 240 grams a day worth of chicken breast, steak, or fish. And, eat a big bowl of oatmeal about 1.5 hours before you lift.

I can get to 255 in 5-6 months by being fat and lazy. Still wear 38-40 waist. However, I can get back to 220 and have chesticles and slight abs in 3 months.

I'm the opposite end of the spectrum. I'll never be a buck 60. I looked like an Ethiopian at 175 in my high school pictures. With discipline and nutrition, I could be a lean 250-260 in a few years. Maybe 3 or so. Lifting everyday is a fuck ton of work.

TL:DR You need some cardio. You need some resistance training, whatever that may be 2-3x per week. Eat at least your weight grams to pounds in quality protein of whatever form. Learn to like fruits, veggies, rice and oatmeal at an equivalent gram/body weight ratio and go enjoy life. Stop worrying about what you're not. A healthy whatever weight is better than unhealthy at any weight.

BUT I'M NOT WEAK!!!!
“Lean” may be a relative term, but what I consider lean at 250 and 5’11” requires chemicals. Lots.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Stop being fat... No problems here I guess. OPs a stick figure.

Eat more protein... At 160, obviously he needs to eat moar.

Stop being weak... There's an app for that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't like the gym. It's full of meathead shitstains and smoking hot distracting ladies. I hate having to conjur up my own workout and I don't like doing the same boring ass routine over and over then have to think up some other new workout. Laugh at me all you want, but that's why I started doing Cf. I don't have to think about shit, it's always different, and everyone at my gym is super cool. I am waaaay stronger than I was before and I look a lot better too. I've seen a lot of fatties come through, most quit but one older gal has lost 70lbs. Crazy. If all you're interested in is curls for the girls and getting a new max everyday then by all means, a conventional gym is for you

Lies! CrossFit was invented by orthos and PTs to get more customers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My sister's roommates 2nd cousin twice removed once met an ortho who said that all your joints in your body will explode if you do CF.

CF: not even once!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

“Lean” may be a relative term, but what I consider lean at 250 and 5’11” requires chemicals. Lots.
View Quote
Lean muscle?

What's a lean BF% in your not so humble opinion? I don't look all that lean at all for my number. But I hydrostatic test pretty low for someone that looks forever small.

My path to jacked and tan has been bumpy. I'd like to be 200 and high teens bf by July. 186 now. Doable? Lean muscles? More chemicals?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
99% of personal trainers in gyms are retards that don’t know how to perform the lifts correctly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just do Starting Strength or Stronglifts
This, but if you've never even stepped foot in the gym it might be worth paying for a month of personal training. Having someone teach you basic lifts and watch your form would be money well spent towards remaining injury and bad habit free.
99% of personal trainers in gyms are retards that don’t know how to perform the lifts correctly.
When I was a trainer at a gym, I worked with these two guys that only parroted whatever was in Muscle & Fitness or Flex that month. It would crack me up to listen to them give contradictory advice to clients and not be able to back up anything.

OP, the YouTube channel Athlean X is a gold mine of info about how to do lifts correctly. Check him out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT I'M NOT WEAK!!!!
Using the Butt's formula my maximum genetic potential at 5'9" is 199 lbs at 10% BF or 205 at 12%

I think if you are under 6' and at or under 12% BF as a natty you are probably lucky to be 220 lbs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

BUT I'M NOT WEAK!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT I'M NOT WEAK!!!!
The stuggle is real. Hashtag genetics bitches!

Unless your body building or doing some crazy calorie intensive things every day, you can't eat like a 250 pound body builder does.

It's science. Calories divided by thermodynamics times muscle synthesis equal phatness.  Expressed mathematicsly

(C/T)chesticles=PHT

All horseshit aside, the 300 lb fatty will never be 160 for the same reason the 160 guy probably won't ever be like the Dwayne Johnson's. So instead of fighting genetics, I say run with what you got. Forget what the scale says all the time. Shoot for 10-15 percent body fat. Lift, climb, ruck, CrossFit..... It doesn't really matter what you do. Find something you like and you can fit into your lifestyle. Eat better most of the time. That's it.

Find a method that you like and works for you. You're not everyone else, they're not you. It's really just that simple.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lean muscle?

What's a lean BF% in your not so humble opinion? I don't look all that lean at all for my number. But I hydrostatic test pretty low for someone that looks forever small.

My path to jacked and tan has been bumpy. I'd like to be 200 and high teens bf by July. 186 now. Doable? Lean muscles? More chemicals?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lean muscle?

11.72-12.01%
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My sister's roommates 2nd cousin twice removed once met an ortho who said that all your joints in your body will explode if you do CF.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially if you do CrossFit pull-ups.

#shoulderexplosion
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
if you have free weights start doing StrongLifts 5x5
there is even a free app you can download to track everything
View Quote
This.  I made some awesome gains using the app a few years ago.  it's easy to use.

Or, concentrate on the big 3.  Squat, bench and deadlift.

also, dont drop dumbbells.  if you cant control the weight, dont lift it.  Just a personal pet peeve of mine.  lol.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

11.72-12.01%
View Quote
Then I'll never be lean to you.

If I started working of hypertrophy stuff, I'd probably way undershoot that number anyway.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Indeed.  I've been doing CF for 3 years.  Our coaches are damn good and make sure we're always doing lifts with proper technique.  I enjoy it much more than just hitting the gym by myself and working out.  It's much more motivating for me to show up and just work hard without having to think about what I want to do that day.  I'm in so much better shape now than I was when I just lifted at the gym.

Yes, there are some of the potato CrossFitters out there...well, a lot.  but as with almost every thing in life.....there are good people and there are potatoes.

To each his own.  I'm not going to bust balls for someone wanting to make them self healthier and not a fat SOB.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Especially if you do CrossFit pull-ups.

#shoulderexplosion
View Quote
#fishoutofwater

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Neither of which is strong.

ETA: Especially if you were/are “big-boned”.
View Quote
Really. What do you think the average American male can squat and deadlift?
You seem to be cyber stalking all the posts I make. Should I check my hedges?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300897/FB_IMG_1518522286199-459683.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300897/FB_IMG_1518999886775-459686.JPG
These are the memes people post but are too embarrassed to admit it when a crossfitter is stronger than them lol.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
You should probably just quit posting right in front of him...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
These are the memes people post but are too embarrassed to admit it when a crossfitter is stronger than them lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry about your rotator cuffs.

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And my kneed and hips and...neck?

I got better
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But isn't it strangely nostalgic and comforting? Everyone has fun poking fun at crossfit. But in all honesty we all know the real culprits of all the injuries are the oly lifts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
But isn't it strangely nostalgic and comforting? Everyone has fun poking fun at crossfit. But in all honesty we all know the real culprits of all the injuries are the oly lifts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah it is. I still lift at a CF gym (they got what I need) and occasionally do some CF for conditioning... I definitely get a kick of the hard core CFers now that are worried about getting ready for the open. "Hey RoG are you doing the open?!?" "nah, fuck that I'm going to eat burritos and lift"

I wish you were wrong about weightlifting but yeah...pushing myself HARD at weightlifting has resulted in...3-4 somewhat minor injuries while pushing myself hard at CF never resulted in any...

Oh well. I still prefer WL.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck the average American male. I don’t want to be mediocre.

I fail to see how me replying to you replying to me is stalking. #liberallogic

@djkest

#whatsyourtotal #stopbeingweak
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm ~6 and my arms are really long. How much weight do I have to put on before my arms don't look scrawny?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm ~6 and my arms are really long. How much weight do I have to put on before my arms don't look scrawny?
View Quote
All of it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you wearing just your underwear this early in the day?

@djkest
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whatever it takes to get to a lean 250.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Oh yeah it is. I still lift at a CF gym (they got what I need) and occasionally do some CF for conditioning... I definitely get a kick of the hard core CFers now that are worried about getting ready for the open. "Hey RoG are you doing the open?!?" "nah, fuck that I'm going to eat burritos and lift"

I wish you were wrong about weightlifting but yeah...pushing myself HARD at weightlifting has resulted in...3-4 somewhat minor injuries while pushing myself hard at CF never resulted in any...

View Quote
Burritos and lifting is a good day. Glad to hear the injuries are sorted out. You hit a solid point though, you were training hard for competition. The risk is high when you push yourself to that point.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm natty so that should be no problem.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:21:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Burritos and lifting is a good day. Glad to hear the injuries are sorted out. You hit a solid point though, you were training hard for competition. The risk is high when you push yourself to that point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I knew the risks going into it and can live with it. Personally I'd rather get injured on my way to awesomeness than be an uninjured tub of shit.... At any rate, I'm taking it a little easier these days and am only sorta awesome. Oh well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yup, I knew the risks going into it and can live with it. Personally I'd rather get injured on my way to awesomeness than be an uninjured tub of shit.... At any rate, I'm taking it a little easier these days and am only sorta awesome. Oh well.
View Quote
Hows your backsquat?  Since @therex kicked my ass last year in the race to 500lbs I need someone more my speed to cyber-lift with.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hows your backsquat?  Since @therex kicked my ass last year in the race to 500lbs I need someone more my speed to cyber-lift with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He high bar squats...not real squats.

Oh wait...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My last max was 435.

Fucking shameful.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh wait...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wait...
Jesus high bar squats you fucking heathen.

ETA- I'm pretty sure only Mooslims do that bullshit low bar sumo stance 1/4 squat.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Hah! Beat!

435 @ 1/2 manweightTM is still pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hah! Beat!

435 @ 1/2 manweightTM is still pretty good.
View Quote
Wow hey now. It's getting too personal!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

ETA- I'm pretty sure only Mooslims do that bullshit low bar sumo stance 1/4 squat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wait...

Even I draw the line at sumo half squats.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Fuck the average American male. I don’t want to be mediocre.

I fail to see how me replying to you replying to me is stalking. #liberallogic

@djkest

#whatsyourtotal #stopbeingweak
View Quote
You are constantly replying to my messages and trolling me. It's sad.
I won't post my total. You'll still troll me. Apparently you have nothing better to do.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You are constantly replying to my messages and trolling me. It's sad.
View Quote
515dl? Really?

#niceedit
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Body weight exercises to strengthen your core then go from there.  I just like the crossfit gifs though
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My last max was 435.

Fucking shameful.
View Quote
How long ago was 435?  That's right about where I am now, maybe a bit above that but not much.  I got 7 reps at 375 the other day but maxed out at 425 a few days before that, so I'm better at reps right now than peak weight.  I'm sure if I lifted more frequently in that 90%+ range I'd get up to 450 pretty fast.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I actually really like crossfit and believe it is really good all around training. Probably even better than lifting heavy IMO.

I also really like funny memes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How long ago was 435?  That's right about where I am now, maybe a bit above that but not much.  I got 7 reps at 375 the other day but maxed out at 425 a few days before that, so I'm better at reps right now than peak weight.  I'm sure if I lifted more frequently in that 90%+ range I'd get up to 450 pretty fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My last max was 435.

Fucking shameful.
Couple months. If I maxed today, I'd be between 425-440 probably. I don't do a LOT of heavy squatting at the moment, I just don't need it (I'm still doing a lot of weightlifting which of course incorporates "lighter" squatting though ie cleans @225-275 and such).
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I actually really like crossfit and believe it is really good all around training. Probably even better than lifting heavy IMO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah, I'm on board. I always get a laugh out of them too.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top