Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
100x this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just need something else to roll on the news cycles, perhaps a trump relative getting a wad of cash from Russia story.  At this point anything that the libs can scream about against trump would do.
100x this
Just for shits I went to CNN home page this morning. Anti-gun article after anti-gun article. It's going to take something big.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If nothing nationally was passed after Sandy Hook with Dem leadership, why are you worried about Trump' Administration?
View Quote
Its still "after sandy hook".  We can never let up.  Make the phone call.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
If the Republicans actually passed a sweeping pro-RKBA law then they wouldn't have that as a campaign issue anymore.  They want to be in power and keep the money rolling in, you don't do that by giving your constituents everything they want.

You could say the same about Democrats and the laws they bark about.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Didn't Trump already indicate that gun control was off the table?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only reason, and it's a valid concern, the Rs would pass some gun control would be to fuck over Trump

The Rinos despise him, and doing something that could make him lose the election is right in their wheelhouse.

But I think trump vetoes it
Didn't Trump already indicate that gun control was off the table?
I'd like to see him agree to something like FOPA, but in reverse: they get to pass a background check improvement (that naturally doesn't affect 95% of gun owners), we get national reciprocity, suppressors, and whatever else we want to throw in the pile.

Your move, Democrats.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A few days after it was like Vegas never even happened.

That was weird.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's what everyone said after Vegas.
A few days after it was like Vegas never even happened.

That was weird.
I think we all know why. Same for the Republican baseball shooting.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]
While you guys are celebrating no federal gun control law individual states will have passed their own. I think Florida will be the next to fall.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
with the great prices over the past year on ar stuff people should have plenty of everything. we have been saying for a long time stock up and stock up deep on ammo, mags, BCG and lowers. At the prices today there is no reason not to have at least one build and 1000 rounds sitting around. I do however agree we should stay on top of things by mailing our congress. However that has shown to be frivolous especially after the fail HPA for the last few years.
View Quote
Stocking up is great, but our children and grandchildren need liberty too.

We have to fight harder than the opposition.  If we do, then we will win.
If we get complacent and don't care because "I gots mine" then they will take it piece by piece.

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”

-Patrick Henry

“The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.”

-Thomas Jefferson

“What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated.”
-Thomas Paine

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”

-Samuel Adams
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
While you guys are celebrating no federal gun control law individual states will have passed their own. I think Florida will be the next to fall.
View Quote
Well, gun owners there could always move to a free state.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Meh...  the left is leveraging the students to do their dirty work but even many students realize that banning ARs will not do the trick.

Smaller schools are not the answer to our kids social problems but rather parents who love and discipline their children.  Unfortunately that is not the way our culture is headed...
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We need to keep the pressure on the law makers. This one has gained traction that Sandy Hook didn’t. We can’t sleep on this one.

My wife who was supportive of our rights is now full of emotions and feelings as to how we need change. I never thought I’d be fighting her on gun rights.

The conversations in my house have gotten heated. My kids 13 and 11 are showing reason.

My son thinks we need to arm teachers. If not with guns at least with tasers.

My daughter has identified a problem not being discussed. She thinks schools are to big. The large size of many of our schools makes many kids feel disconnected from others. Smaller schools and classes could help nurture compassion and unity in local communities.
View Quote
Smart kids! Your daughter is correct. Jefferson said "If it weren`t for small towns our industries would have no Captains". In large schools people are just numbers with tests to take. In small schools all the students are engaged in SOME type of activity. The student may only be the third vice-secretary of the whatecever club but he is SOMETHING with responsibility and as such is held to a standard. Good thing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:34:11 AM EDT
[#11]
We need an Impending Gun Ban forum to put all these threads.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Time to stop talking and start doing something.

ANYTHING.  ANY IDEAS?  FIGHT BACK!  HARDER!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This one is different. They're using their hatred for Trump as an oxidizer to put the pressure on vulnerable politicians.

I think we are in danger if we keep looking at Sandy Hook as a "high water mark" of sorts for mass shootings. I think the left is successfully painting the narrative that Trump/republicans are to blame for mass events like this and that Mr. and Mrs. low information voter/milquetoast gun owner are beginning to fall for it.
View Quote
I hate the fact I agree w/ this... especially on the milquetoast gun owner.  It's been all over the news locally (may have hit national I don't know).. of some idiot turning his AR into his local PD because "no gun owner needs such a weapon"... I'm noticing these groups are not calling for "gun control"... but "gun sense"... (which is just a pretty wrapping on gun control to fool people into thinking it's OK)
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I have already started to push back, don't sit back and watch, do something.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#15]
There may be some traction for the 21 to buy idea in DC, and NICS improvements, but bans and mag limits are probably a non-starter.

The Republicans will give in out of weakness on the first two, but will get nothing in return.  They'll be afraid the last one will piss too many people off.

National CCW reciprocity and the HPA, while seemingly dead before, are now dead forever.  The Republicans won't have the balls to put them up before 2018, and then they'll blame 2020.

It's going to be the same with the various investigations associated with Clinton, U1, and the Nunes memo.  The Republicans are running out the clock in anticipation of a 2018 loss which will take the pressure off of them to actually do anything.

Professional wrestling is what we're watching, nothing more.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We need to keep the pressure on the law makers. This one has gained traction that Sandy Hook didn't. We can't sleep on this one.

My wife who was supportive of our rights is now full of emotions and feelings as to how we need change. I never thought I'd be fighting her on gun rights.

The conversations in my house have gotten heated. My kids 13 and 11 are showing reason.

My daughter has identified a problem not being discussed. She thinks schools are to big. The large size of many of our schools makes many kids feel disconnected from others. Smaller schools and classes could help nurture compassion and unity in local communities.
View Quote
thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Kids younger than the ones in Florida and homosexuals were killed under obama and nothing was passed. I doubt anything will pass under trump

Where was all this nonsense under obama? Libs wait till trump gets in to go full retard on the 2nd.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Follow the money. Bigger schools have more horsepower to grab more taxpayer dollars. The system is self-aware, and the best way to keep the system alive is to suck more money in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Follow the money. Bigger schools have more horsepower to grab more taxpayer dollars. The system is self-aware, and the best way to keep the system alive is to suck more money in.
Also a good point.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Personally, I think the threat for new controls is at the State level.  They've changed from a national push to trying to pick off states where it us far easier to swing some politicos around to"Do Something".  Because, you know, it's for the chirren.
View Quote
This. Right now my state is on a mission to funk us over, as is Fl, and others, and as it happens, state level shot is where the NBA is worthless. We all need to do it ourselves.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Lived through the previous AWB and numerous panics.

Don’t recall the MSM drumbeat for more gun control ever being as loud and frantic as it is now.

Sad and pathetic.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lived through the previous AWB and numerous panics.

Don’t recall the MSM drumbeat for more gun control ever being as loud and frantic as it is now.

Sad and pathetic.
View Quote
Yep and the NBC crew is certainly doing their part
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think the OP is totally correct. We have gotten too comfortable with no blowback after these shootings.

Please consider  donating  to the   NRA ILA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If nothing nationally was passed after Sandy Hook with Dem leadership, why are you worried about Trump' Administration?
This one is different. They're using their hatred for Trump as an oxidizer to put the pressure on vulnerable politicians.

I think we are in danger if we keep looking at Sandy Hook as a "high water mark" of sorts for mass shootings. I think the left is successfully painting the narrative that Trump/republicans are to blame for mass events like this and that Mr. and Mrs. low information voter/milquetoast gun owner are beginning to fall for it.
I think the OP is totally correct. We have gotten too comfortable with no blowback after these shootings.

Why?  So I can be out a couple bucks and then watch them "compromise"?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Some of the rhetoric coming out of the left this time is...it's unbelievable. They've ramped up the shrieking to a new level.

What's worrying are the voices of appeasement I'm hearing. This is a terrible, terrible mistake. It has been demonstrated time and again that if you give anything to the left it is seen as an admission of moral guilt and after that anything goes.

Any parent knows you do not reward tantrums.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Nothing on the national level maybe.

State and local?  Bet on it.

One state at a time.

Remember when everyone said fuck NY and Cali?  This is a long term fight for us.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NRA-ILA or a PAC of your choice supporting a candidate who won't fuck us.  This is important, call, but write as well.   Give the twats time to run around and rage but then a counter plan should be on the table.  Instead of "do nothing theft of enumerated rights, as part of infrastructure spending we propose simple steps to harden schools while making them more modern and safer for students".

Use of a PIV card to enter , the magnetic doors to use such a system, with local over ride.  IE you pull the fire alarm to defeat the system that can be easily stopped.  Like all democrat bullshit there is generally a simpler way that doesn't fuck everyone.

make no mistake, the cunts are mustering forces and will push this again.  a counter solution with proven background works.

remember, the same morning armed security at ft meade stopped a person trying to run a gate, in the past they have done the same.

they control the message via the press , we control outmaneuvering them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#26]
If it happens, it won't for at least six months, the Democrats want more gun control naturally but they don't want it passed until later this year as they know the Republicans will have to put their name on it and they know that doing so will hurt them big time in the mid term elections.

They Democrats are playing the Republicans like a fiddle on this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nothing on the national level maybe.

State and local?  Bet on it.

One state at a time.

Remember when everyone said fuck NY and Cali?  This is a long term fight for us.
View Quote
Correct, any move now to back down shows responsibility.  this isn't our fight, its a nations fight.  when people began blowing up aircraft we took steps.  when people began coming in to TV studios they took steps.  that should be shoved down their cunt throats.  can you just walk into 30 rock? no, requires controlled access.  matt laurer's rape door is part of a physical security plan.  you know, like should be used in schools (without the matt lauer rape part)
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This. Right now my state is on a mission to funk us over, as is Fl, and others, and as it happens, state level shot is where the NBA is worthless. We all need to do it ourselves.
View Quote
Because it's not just about guns. It is also the rabid hate of Trump.

The left are extremely good at very loud persistent screaming.

It's fascinating to me to see SJW tactics employed at such a big level, and like all the places where this happens, people will not realise until the infection has spread to the brain.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I agree. This one feels different.

The enemy has a plan this time. It's polished and well rehearsed.

Something feels like the pre-WWII Japanese navy is sailing west....I can't see it, but I know it's coming.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

jab sets up the hook.
View Quote
Yes.
The cumulative effect is what I fear.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I agree. This one feels different.

The enemy has a plan this time. It's polished and well rehearsed.

Something feels like the pre-WWII Japanese navy is sailing west....I can't see it, but I know it's coming.
View Quote
Correct, we need to start counter maneuvering now.  Right now we have our aircraft parked in neat little lines because we think we are safe, we are NOT.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Meh.

I don't do gun control unless it's me controlling my guns for legal purposes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#33]
What they need to do is investigate the FBI, local Leo's, and the school for not doing anything with this kid.

Apparently there was more than enough evidence that he was a credible threat.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#35]
They have the impetus of the underdog, and nothing to lose. There's also been something of a mastery of social media rhetoric over the last few years - the same thing the Russians were able to exploit successfully. If you look at Pravda CNN they've essentially become a single-issue aggressor, because it's getting them views and advertising $$$. Outrage pays, and nothing generates outrage like a mass shooting.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We need to keep the pressure on the law makers. This one has gained traction that Sandy Hook didn’t. We can’t sleep on this one.

My wife who was supportive of our rights is now full of emotions and feelings as to how we need change. I never thought I’d be fighting her on gun rights.

View Quote
your daughter is very wise for her age

couple the failure of family units, single parenting, and a slew of other factors

there is something different in the air, stay vigilant, our rights should not be determined by mental deficients
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
because they are weak and I still believe there's another level of nevatrumps here

ones that got on the train reluctantly but still want to see PDJT break his campaign promises (wall and protect 2nd) so they can say "i told you so i knew drumpf was no good all along"

a fairweather-nevatrump is just as bad as the most rabid leftist and fulltime-nevatrump

enemies of MAGA, no quarter will be given
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Time to stop talking and start doing something.

ANYTHING.  ANY IDEAS?  FIGHT BACK!  HARDER!
View Quote
While they're loading up busses with children they are using as props, and control 99% of media, and can send out one email and have 10,000 people show up with professionally printed signs and a script...

I have to be at work at 5AM daily.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#39]
The truth is the problem here does stem from the FBI's non handling of this. Why did they not do anything? This could have been definitely prevented and easily. They need to explain and correct that without furthering any gun control. There's no reason we as gun owners should take the blame for this. Personally I'm getting sick of all of their shit
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm not going to link them but an AWB is possible, Trump has indicated he's ok with Cornyn's FixNICS bill which was previously rolled into the now stalled Reciprocity bill. State-level bans on Bump Stocks have continued to fester under the radar.
A Gabby Giffords-pushed mental health bill has had growing success on the state level and it will very likely be pushed nationally- whereby family members can raise their concerns about you before a court without your knowledge and have your weapons confiscated and the burden is on YOU to prove you're worthy to own them.

There are multi-pronged tools in their arsenal, not to mention the weakening of the Congress which is definitely in their plans for 2018. They are playing the long game here as they always have.

I'll remind you, Trump was supposed to get us our rights BACK. Now here we are again playing lazy defense when we should be playing an aggressive offense.
View Quote
AWB!?!?  With Trump in office?  Put down the crack pipe dude.

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
The sky is really falling this time guys.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This one is different.
It feels like a building storm now though.  Yes, we made it out of Sandyhook, and yes, we made it past Vegas.  We will likely make it out of this one too.  But I think the antis are playing the long game here.  They are working on the younger generation, and those who are ambivalent.  I think we need to remain wary and counter their efforts accordingly
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Any R that pushes any kind of gun control is finished.
Any D in a red state that pushes any kind of gun control is finished.

They're going to make some kind of token change to NCIC, that's all.
View Quote
You forgot - Any D in any Blue Area who pushes ANY kind of gun control (the more extreme the better) will be solid gold
This is an issue that is a LONG TERM goal of the Democrats.   They have wanted this since the 80's, got it once and will be back for it again and again and again... until they get it.  Next time they won't have a 10 year sunset in it.

The changes to force authorities / agencies / institutions to update NCIC are long overdue.   We see this from the Charlestown Church killer, the Texas Church Killer and others who shouldn't / wouldn't / couldn't get a gun except that they "slipped through" because their ineligibility was never reported or placed in the system.   This will put emphasis to the "Universal Background Check" for all sales (Commercial and Private) which puts us on the road to a Universal Ownership List (of course if Edward Snowden and whatever it's name Manning's WikiLeaks have shown us that the .GOV will always be honest and never cross the legal lines for their own purposes... (Cue Native Americans for their testimony of US GOV honor of treaties)...

There are a number of retiring politicians who are taking their warchests full of $$$ and leaving the game.   They have no reason to stick with their positions because of re-election requirements unless they need that cred for becoming lobbiest or other "former elected political positions" in .GOV".   They would not wait a fraction of a second if they though that doing so would place them on the side of a majority - winning side.

Having a bunch of high schoolers & Soccer Moms who know nothing of the world, all bleating on TV parroting "NRA has blood on their hands" (Gee - I wonder Where - Who they got that from) and the near 100% hatred firearms owners have from the same mass media that pumps violent content and news for ratings, I'd say we have a lot of hard work awaiting for us.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just for shits I went to CNN home page this morning. Anti-gun article after anti-gun article. It's going to take something big.
View Quote
... you mean like the NRA?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:53:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This one is different.
Put Sandy Hook, Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs, and now this and the total weight of the issue with a ginned up hyper political Leftist "#Resist" base gets to the point of wondering about the final straw on the camels back.

Any one didn't bring down the curtain, but in the totality and combined, we are in a dangerous era when if the "R"s lose, we may be facing great danger to our rights under "D" government that the Media is doing everything it possibly can to create...
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I see them taking out token legislation like “improved” background. Dems don’t want any changes right now. They are using this as a campaign issue.

If they get the house and Senate then we are fucked. Supreme Court is not in our favor yet to stop whatever shit they can force.
View Quote
We need A Liberal Judge or two to call it quits or croak...   Ruth Bader - I'm talking to you ya' old & ancient fossil
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Nothing is going to happen.

Trump was actually right.

Obama and the dems had 8 Fucking years.

Also you can thank Cruz my booger eating senator for beating it back during that time .
View Quote
Yup

Will be much screeching and gnashing but no laws will be passes

The Crypt Keeper stated its worth loosing an election but she knows the truth
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They have the impetus of the underdog, and nothing to lose. There's also been something of a mastery of social media rhetoric over the last few years - the same thing the Russians were able to exploit successfully. If you look at Pravda CNN they've essentially become a single-issue aggressor, because it's getting them views and advertising $$$. Outrage pays, and nothing generates outrage like a mass shooting.
View Quote
CNN is laying people off.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
We need an Impending Gun Ban forum to put all these threads.
View Quote
Just ban the posters that start them so they can go talk gun control on DU like good little leftists do.

We don't need them here.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top