Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:02:03 AM EDT
[#1]
If you can get over the crazy politics it's not that bad.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:02:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed. Fully.

I still remember 2 years ago watching a couple of hookers beat the shit out of a guy out front of a hotel in Vancouver BC.

Left the hotel and walked a few blocks to a bar and passed a courthouse and saw people on the steps of the courthouse giving out pot plants in red solo cups.
View Quote
Sacramento has turned into a real dump, same for Stockton.

I remember when they made a big deal about Raley Field (a minor league baseball thing) being built. First time I go there for a concert we're walking back to our car and this drunk dude pulls up with a hooker in the passenger seat and asks us what show it was. Apparently there's a "red light" sort of thing just down the road from there lol.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Washington state is incredibly beautiful driving in to Seattle. But that quickly changed when I started  seeing streets of homeless everywhere. The local walmart left me in awe of the diversity and  freaks of nature I saw. If anyone does not think liberalism  is not a disease needs to come here.

How can a state with so much beauty be so screwed up.
View Quote

Welcome to San Francisco North.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:05:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's what I was thinking. I'm assuming he went to the one in Renton. It's, uh, diverse.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I live in downtown neighborhood in Seattle and there isn't a SINGLE Wal-Mart in our whole 80sq mi city limits. So not sure where you're seeing all of this bad stuff at this imaginary Seattle Wal-Mart
That's what I was thinking. I'm assuming he went to the one in Renton. It's, uh, diverse.
OP earlier said he was down by Rainier and Gennessee Safeway, so I assume Renton Walmart
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:07:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Just be thankful you're visiting in winter.

With as hot as summer's been the last few years, I can only imagine how bad it smells over there in July and August
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:09:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Guess I don't understand the hate for Seattle. Yeah, our taxes, traffic, real estate, and politics are fucking bullshit but we still have....

We can own SBRs, suppressors, and other NFA stuff.

Concealed carry process is easy

Easy drive to camping, hiking, skiing, fishing, etc..

Have a 300yd rifle range within 15min drive and many indoor ranges.

Tons of local breweries (like I said earlier, I have 10 within a mile from me)

Incredible seafood and other local food (and lots of great beef/ranches in WA state)

This is just the local bars/taverns within a few blocks from me. Everything from live music, dive bars, country bars, jazz, etc..

This doesn't include the 30+ restaurants.

https://i.imgur.com/JunXG1B.jpg
View Quote
You haven't been paying attention to the shenanigans in the Legislature since the 45th District flipped.
Pay attention, all your civil rights are on the chopping block.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep. Washington is turning into California. Those fuckers moved up here, and now they are taking over the legislature. I will be leaving for either Idaho or Wyoming in a few years.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:17:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Stationed at Ft Lewis. Loved the unit, post was ok. Hated the area and the climate (it's a bad place to discover a severe mold allergy). Made the drive to Seattle 3 times. Once to Pioneer square with some buddies when I first got there. That was a shitshow and I vowed never to return. Broke that rule twice, once to go pick up some guys left behind by their DD and once to the university for a book signing. I never went north of SEATAC after that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:17:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Don’t forget the stench of pot too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:19:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lived in WA my whole life and I've only been to Seattle once. It was actually pretty nice, at least the parts I went to, which I wasn't expecting, but that was over three years ago.

Recently went to Portland and I was shocked at all the homeless camps on the side of I-5 in OR, so I know recently the homeless problem has gotten quite a bit worse down here.
View Quote
They said we lost 4 or 5 homeless people to the cold last winter. About to hit another cold snap and snow this week. Not sure what the count will be this winter.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:21:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Illegal to smoke in public IAW state law.
The first thing Seattle PD did was state, "We're not enforcing the law".
I wonder which other laws they arbitrarily decide not to enforce?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:33:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Guess I don't understand the hate for Seattle. Yeah, our taxes, traffic, real estate, and politics are fucking bullshit but we still have....

We can own SBRs, suppressors, and other NFA stuff.

Concealed carry process is easy

Easy drive to camping, hiking, skiing, fishing, etc..

Have a 300yd rifle range within 15min drive and many indoor ranges.

Tons of local breweries (like I said earlier, I have 10 within a mile from me)

Incredible seafood and other local food (and lots of great beef/ranches in WA state)

This is just the local bars/taverns within a few blocks from me. Everything from live music, dive bars, country bars, jazz, etc..

This doesn't include the 30+ restaurants.

https://i.imgur.com/JunXG1B.jpg
View Quote
Asadero.

This is where I go when I take the wife “to Seattle”.

More vw vans per capita than anywhere else in the US.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:34:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You know full well he's talking about the walmart in Renton- little mogadishu. For someone who is from out of town that's close enough to "Seattle"
View Quote
@Phil_in_Seattle
The one in Lacy, is it still protected by the UniBaller?

@ Regulatori, You know you're a Coastie right? Guilty by the broadest of associations.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:39:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
You seem....ya know.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:39:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Michigan is getting almost as bad. Muh Back hurts. Lazy worthless fucks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:40:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They said we lost 4 or 5 homeless people to the cold last winter. About to hit another cold snap and snow this week. Not sure what the count will be this winter.
View Quote
Those are rookie numbers. And the mild climate is why the homeless/hippy problem is so bad.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:44:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I've spent a lot of time walking around Seattle and half the time you have to suffer the odor of piss and weed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:46:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm east of Issaquah and I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:02:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Love to people watch. Pike Street is perfect.
Go into town a few times a year.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:09:55 AM EDT
[#20]
At least the weather is better down here in the SF Bay Area.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Love to people watch. Pike Street is perfect.
Go into town a few times a year.
View Quote
You should hang out at 1st Ave south and Spokane for a while!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:23:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You should hang out at 1st Ave south and Spokane for a while!
View Quote
Will check it out. Mostly go to Pike for Beechers cheese curds.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:38:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

OP earlier said he was down by Rainier and Gennessee Safeway, so I assume Renton Walmart
View Quote
That is the scariest Wal-Mart I've ever been in. Was there nine years ago. I don't think the door theft alarm stopped going off the entire time I was there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:39:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah. WA state is awesome. Seattle is a dump
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That is the scariest Wal-Mart I've ever been in. Was there nine years ago. I don't think the door theft alarm stopped going off the entire time I was there.
View Quote
I caught shoplifters in the Renton store for a while. It was the roughest store in the district. Not by a small margin. Fuck. Nearly all my crazy loss prevention stories are out of there or the Tulalip reservation one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#27]
From someone who was born and raised in Seattle, who has lived in the area all of my life but hasn't lived in Seattle proper for years, Seattle is the armpit of Washington State. There hasn't been a Safeway store at Rainier Av S and S Genesee St for almost 30 years, the store there moved a few blocks north to 3820 Rainier Av S. It is a "rich and vibrant" store. The city of Renton, a nearby small town about 7-8 miles to the south, has the WalMart store that some of my friends call "a three gun store" (you don't go there unless you have at least three guns on you). The dilettante politicians on the Seattle City Council started to ruin things in the 1990s. The homeless problem is no joke, a lot of them moved to Seattle because of all of the freebies available (in spite of the rain). When the hepatitis and TB rate skyrocket from the many homeless encampments, the politicians will simply declare a state of emergency and raise taxes even higher.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Several years ago, a Seattle city councilman implemented a tax on guns and ammunition sold in the City of Seattle. Of the only two gun stores of note within the city limits, one of them immediately moved to the suburbs, outside of Seattle and the second one is now looking for a store location east of Seattle. The tax money was supposed to go for "firearm education programs." After the first year of this tax, the amount of revenue taken in was so low (under $200,000) that gun proponents against the law had to go to court in order to get the figure publicly disclosed. The City had been expecting to take in revenue in the amounts of $300,000-$500,000. This same City Council has recently implemented a beverage tax on sugary drinks sold in Seattle. Of course, people who with means of transportation are buying their beverages outside of Seattle, so the City of Seattle is losing out on the sales tax revenue, and small independent mini markets are looking to close up, or to move, you guessed it, outside of Seattle. Personally, I'm expecting the city fathers to start implementing a tax on taxes soon. You can't make this stuff up, nobody would believe you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Several years ago, a Seattle city councilman implemented a tax on guns and ammunition sold in the City of Seattle. Of the only two gun stores of note within the city limits, one of them immediately moved to the suburbs, outside of Seattle and the second one is now looking for a store location east of Seattle. The tax money was supposed to go for "firearm education programs." After the first year of this tax, the amount of revenue taken in was so low (under $200,000) that gun proponents against the law had to go to court in order to get the figure publicly disclosed. The City had been expecting to take in revenue in the amounts of $300,000-$500,000. This same City Council has recently implemented a beverage tax on sugary drinks sold in Seattle. Of course, people who with means of transportation are buying their beverages outside of Seattle, so the City of Seattle is losing out on the sales tax revenue, and small independent mini markets are looking to close up, or to move, you guessed it, outside of Seattle. Personally, I'm expecting the city fathers to start implementing a tax on taxes soon. You can't make this stuff up, nobody would believe you.
View Quote
Is Outdoor Emporium the only place in Seattle that sells guns (legally)? I know Precise Shooter moved a few years ago to Lynnwood.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Yes. From what I've read, Outdoor Emporium is looking to move to the Bellevue Redmond Kirkland area
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#31]
I've just seen it in TV shows, Travel Channel ECT..
I've always wanted to go there and see the sights.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You haven't been paying attention to the shenanigans in the Legislature since the 45th District flipped.
Pay attention, all your civil rights are on the chopping block.
View Quote
meh...probably ok with it...so long as he gets his awesome seafood [available everywhere else] in Shitattle
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Washington state is incredibly beautiful driving in to Seattle. But that quickly changed when I started  seeing streets of homeless everywhere. The local walmart left me in awe of the diversity and  freaks of nature I saw. If anyone does not think liberalism  is not a disease needs to come here.

How can a state with so much beauty be so screwed up.
View Quote
I've definitely watched a drug deal go down in front of a Tacoma Walmart
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is downtown Columbia pretty nice?

https://i.imgur.com/vzlKeRg.png
View Quote
Ever watch Live PD?

Columbia is shit.

Charleston has been run by liberals for the last 50 years. More of an old school style though.

They basically ran the property taxes up in the dowtown area to force the minorities out of their homes that they've lived in for 40-50 years and put them in affordable housing outside the downtown area. Those same people still vote for them though.

I will say this, a couple of years ago the homeless cities started to pop up around the "neck" but they have disappeared lately.

Downtown is Charleston's tourist cash cow. Even the liberal gubbmint here cant be having that shit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#35]
i have to ask, why are you staying in what most locals consider the worst part of town?  I didnt think there was even a decent place to stay down there?    there are so many places much better if you have business in town?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#36]
I am a native to Washington State...I’ve lived in eastern and western part of the state. My great great grand father came to this state in 1852, he led a wagon train. He was one of the first “White Man” to climb Mt Rainier. In the 1880’s he opened a health resort at the base of Mt Rainier, Longmire hot springs.

I have never lived in Seattle, but used to visit periodically. However, I have no desire for any further visits. Politics have ruined the city and the state is trying hard to do the same.

Eastern Washington is the place I’d rather be. Seattle is an embarrassment to this great state!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Is Outdoor Emporium the only place in Seattle that sells guns (legally)? I know Precise Shooter moved a few years ago to Lynnwood.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Palace Jewelry and Loan looks like they do... There are a few Big 5s, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get some fudd guns there, but I'm not sure, they may not within Seattle. Not many, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#38]
I have got to be one of the last people who remember finger fucking surplus rifles at Warshals in downtown Seattle as a boy.

BTW to the guy talking about breweries in Ballard, we could find a drink there before all you yuppies showed up to destroy one of the best neighborhoods in town.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I live in downtown neighborhood in Seattle and there isn't a SINGLE Wal-Mart in our whole 80sq mi city limits. So not sure where you're seeing all of this bad stuff at this imaginary Seattle Wal-Mart

Lynnwood/Everett/Bellevue/Renton is NOT Seattle.

But if you want to count local breweries from my shithole Seattle location, here is a list within ONE MILE from my door.
Stoup
Populuxe
Peddler
Maritime Pacific
Hale's Ales
Reubens
Obec
Lagunitas Seattle
Bad Jimmy's
Lucky Envelope
NW Peaks
View Quote
Your city is a shit hole.  I visited last year.  Loved the countryside of WA.  Hiking to Wallace Falls was great.  Anything that involved being in the city was unpleasant.  For Christ sake, even an oblivious 12 year old girl said she felt uncomfortable trying to share the park spaces with the cracked out homeless.  Fucking trying to white knight that sewer is hilarious.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top