Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is GunsMidwest.com GTG for a trijicon dealer? Looks like they have a cheaper price on the ACOG i have been eyeing..
View Quote
If you're military or LEO, dsgarms.com gives an excellent discount. They'll be my go to from now on assuming they don't go full retard like Optics Planet, but they're from Texas so I doubt it!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well then they get added to the list along with Slightly Cheaper Than Platinum.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazon stopped allowing people to even sell 10 round mags or any grips or anything. I hope everyone boycotted them too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
So what's the complete list? This is what I've got so far..

OpticsPlanet.com
Dvor.com Tactical-store.com
Guncases.com
Eyewearplanet.com
Rangefinders.com
Radarguns.com
Springfield Armory
Rock River Arms
Cheaper Than Dirt
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The Truth About Guns now has a link to this law:

Sec. 54-212. - Assault weapons, and large-capacity magazines; sale prohibited; exceptions.
(a)
It shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, sell, offer or display for sale, give, lend, transfer ownership of, acquire, carry or possess any assault weapon or large capacity magazine in Cook County. This subsection shall not apply to:
(1)
The sale or transfer to, or possession by any officer, agent, or employee of Cook County or any other municipality or state or of the United States, members of the armed forces of the United States; or the organized militia of this or any other state; or peace officers to the extent that any such person named in this subsection is otherwise authorized to acquire or possess an assault weapon and/or large capacity magazine and does so while acting within the scope of his or her duties;
(2)
Transportation of assault weapons or large capacity magazine if such weapons are broken down and in a nonfunctioning state and are not immediately accessible to any person.
View Quote
https://library.municode.com/il/cook_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIGEOR_CH54LIPEMIBURE_ARTIIIDEWEDE_DIV4BLHOASWEBA_S54-212ASWELAPAMASAPREX
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you're military or LEO, dsgarms.com gives an excellent discount. They'll be my go to from now on assuming they don't go full retard like Optics Planet, but they're from Texas so I doubt it!
View Quote
dsg works for me!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Optics planet will never get another dime from me!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh well, it's not like there aren't a bunch of other places that sell the same things.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

OpticsPlanet.com
Guncases.com
Eyewearplanet.com
Rangefinders.com
Radarguns.com
Springfield Armory
Rock River Arms
Cheaper Than Dirt
View Quote
Troy
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lol, who the fuck do they think their customers are? The democrats?
View Quote
No shit. Regret ever doing business with these asshats. A big "eff you" to Optics Planets. Good riddance.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Troy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OpticsPlanet.com
Guncases.com
Eyewearplanet.com
Rangefinders.com
Radarguns.com
Springfield Armory
Rock River Arms
Cheaper Than Dirt
Troy
HS Precision.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Sent the following:

RE: Your recent policy announcement.

I have no use for a firearms accessory company that can't even figure out how to sell standard capacity magazines. Please delete and purge my account information and cease sending me any promotional communications.
View Quote
They can easily see I've spent over 10k with them in my order history. I just don't have the patience for useless companies or people any more, maybe I'm getting older or maybe people are becoming more useless. Haven't figured it out yet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#15]
They state they are not doing it in response to the shooting. But in response to local laws that prevent them from doing so

I had two preorders totalling $400 I was going to up and arms and cancel. Now I'm just hoping my cash can help them relocate out of that shithole

Eta: so there is no law? Waiting a few days to see if there was an official court decision or law that caused this or if they are full of shit
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#16]
They now on my ignor list

This is only Monday and it has grown this week due to OP and other fudds on AR15
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://library.municode.com/il/cook_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIGEOR_CH54LIPEMIBURE_ARTIIIDEWEDE_DIV4BLHOASWEBA_S54-212ASWELAPAMASAPREX
View Quote
Law is from 2013. I'm not a lawyer but are we to assume that Illinois just started to enforce it 5 hours ago? No way is this the reason.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Unsubscribed from their email list. Won’t shop their again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I guess I will add Optics Planet to my boycott list along with Dicks and Cheaper than Dirt.
View Quote
+1  This.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Fuck optics planet.

Fuck cheaper than dirt

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Okay, here's my do not buy from list:

OpticsPlanet.com
Springfield Armory
Rock River Arms
Cheaper Than Dirt
Troy
Botach.com
HS Precision
Dvor.com
Tactical-store.com
Guncases.com
Eyewearplanet.com
Rangefinders.com
Radarguns.com
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:17:53 AM EDT
[#22]
They are getting hammered on Facebook..
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:18:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Amazon stopped allowing people to even sell 10 round mags or any grips or anything. I hope everyone boycotted them too.
View Quote
Done.

Fuck google too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#24]
I just moved from Southern Illinois and there is no magazine restrictions. The only place in the state is the city of Chicago and Cook county that have laws limiting mag capacity.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#25]
IIANAL but the Cook County only applies to unincorporated municipalities/cities.

Northbrook has firearm ordinances on the books, so these local laws supersede cook county laws. The ordinances covers discharge within legal limits and does not mention AW/Magazine Restrictions

Cities have pre-emption over Cook County firearm ordinances due to the following:
As provided in article VII, section 6(c) of the State Constitution of 1970, if a county ordinance conflicts with an ordinance of a municipality, the municipal ordinance shall prevail within its jurisdiction.
View Quote
https://patch.com/illinois/northbrook/northbrook-trustees-avoid-local-assault-weapon-ban
Northbrook residents spoke at Tuesday's village board meeting to encourage village trustees to ban assault weapons in Northbrook before the concealed carry law passes in Illinois and prohibits local bans, the Northbrook Star reports.

President Sandy Frum said Northbrook Police Chief Charles Wernick did not convince her that banning assault weapons would prevent a mass shooting in town, and reiterated that gun policies should be left to state or federal governments, "otherwise, we could end up where there is a law on one side of the street and not the other."
View Quote
Opticsplanet is lying, they are traitors and cowards.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#26]
They can go fuck themselves. Planned to buy a couple ACOGs from them...not anymore.

Off to spread this to other forums, please do the same. They evidently forgot who their customer base is.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They can go fuck themselves. Planned to buy a couple ACOGs from them...not anymore.

Off to spread this to other forums, please do the same. They evidently forgot who their customer base is.
View Quote
Seriously, how does that happen? I've already emailed my shooting buddies about it and their facebook page is getting hammered and it's only 8:30pm on the West Coast.. imagine when people wake up tomorrow!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:31:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Our 2A does not afford Fairweather friends. Not a single Article of our Constitution can. The 2A least of all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:32:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

OpticsPlanet.com
Springfield Armory
Rock River Arms
Cheaper Than Dirt
Troy
HS Precision
Dvor.com
Tactical-store.com
Guncases.com
Eyewearplanet.com
Rangefinders.com
Radarguns.com
View Quote
Thanks for the list. I didn't even know we were boycotting cheaperthandirt until I read through this thread.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#30]
NVM I’m slow. Guess this is a tag
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Please see my post guys.

Optics planet stated that they did this due to Northbrook law. What I posted contradicts them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:34:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
IIANAL but the Cook County only applies to unincorporated municipalities/cities.

Northbrook has firearm ordinances on the books, so these local laws supersede cook county laws. The ordinances covers discharge within legal limits and does not mention AW/Magazine Restrictions

Cities have pre-emption over Cook County firearm ordinances due to the following:

https://patch.com/illinois/northbrook/northbrook-trustees-avoid-local-assault-weapon-ban

Opticsplanet is lying, they are traitors and cowards.
View Quote

Also, the cited law went into effect in July 2013, so WTF have they been doing for the past five years?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Who the fuck buys shit from OP anyway?  They've had shady business practices with bait and switch "it's in stock, oh wait, no it isn't!" shit for years.

Either way, they can go eat a dick.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:36:28 AM EDT
[#34]
They can't bullshit their way out of this one.

-Northbrook has no such ordninance/law restricting magazine capacity.
-Northbrook trustees told local anti-gun groups to fuck off when the topic of AWB came up (2013)
-Northbrook should have pre-emption over Cook County because it already has it's own firearm ordinances on the book. None are restrictive.

When the CCW law was passed, every town had a window to regulate assault weapons. Many opted not to (Northbrook included)

Sorry for the bold text, I just want people to see this if they are skimming.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:37:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Had I known this last night, I wouldn’t have given them my $200 for a Gun Vault.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:37:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Had I known this last night, I wouldn’t have given them my $200 for a Gun Vault.
View Quote
Don't worry it probably wasn't in stock anyway. You have time to cancel.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:38:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lol. Fuck Optics Planet.

On top of that, fuck anyone with "L.E./Gov. only" restrictions on legal items. I see tons of that shit going on with body armor vendors and it always makes me go .
View Quote
FWIW, at least from what I understand, a lot of armor manufacturers make those stipulations to retailers that they're only allowed to sell certain products to .gov.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Law is from 2013. I'm not a lawyer but are we to assume that Illinois just started to enforce it 5 hours ago? No way is this the reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again Chicago is no more the entirety of Illinois than NYC is the entirety of NY State.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered:
The new Vortex Red Dot
A magpul AFG
The new UTG Super Slim Fixed Rear Sight..

About $200 as well, it's all enroute so I won't cancel.. It just pisses me off.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:39:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Wow. I’ve spent a good few $$ there. No more.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks for the post
I was just about to buy a Leupy scope from them due to their sale
Not any more
We're done.
View Quote
EuroOptic and Sport Optics are ten times better to deal with anyway and they usually have decent promotions running.  I don't think I've ever seen anything at OP that I couldn't find for roughly the same, if not better price elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:43:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanks for the list. I didn't even know we were boycotting cheaperthandirt until I read through this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OpticsPlanet.com
Springfield Armory
Rock River Arms
Cheaper Than Dirt
Troy
HS Precision
Dvor.com
Tactical-store.com
Guncases.com
Eyewearplanet.com
Rangefinders.com
Radarguns.com
Dicks sporting goods
Team Wendy
May as well add spikes tactical to the list too

And for some reason I think that we are supposed to hate on Smith Enterprises, maker of the vortex flash hider.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Once again Chicago is no more the entirety of Illinois than NYC is the entirety of NY State.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Cook County ordinance only is enforced in unincorporated cities.

Illinois is kind of weird, cities can get pre-emption with firearms laws over a county. They just need base firearm laws on the book. Some will say homerule is needed, but this isn't the case.
For all intents and purposes the Cook County law only exists to ban online orders in a sense. Plenty of gunshops here in Cook County sell "weapons of war", standard capacity magazines, and even high capacity drums.

I still go to Dupage though because of lower taxes on guns/ammo.

On Illinoiscarry this question has some up alot, Todd Vandermyde (NRA lobbyist for IL) clarified a lot of things.

As far as the law in 2013, that was the window for an AWB to be passed. After 2013 no new AWB can be passed unless it is on a state level.

-Northbrook has no such ordninance/law restricting magazine capacity.
-Northbrook trustees told local anti-gun groups to fuck off when the topic of AWB came up (2013)
-Northbrook should have pre-emption over Cook County because it already has it's own firearm ordinances on the book. None are restrictive.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:43:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I just recieved a new high end optic that I ordered from them a couple weeks ago. Thankfully I haven't used or mounted it yet so back it goes. Maybe I should include some lube and directions detailing where they can put it?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Spread the word boys
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:47:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Typical over-reaction from GD. They never did sell anything larger than a 15rd mag.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:51:02 AM EDT
[#49]
f optics planet with their own 5% off coupon
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 12:53:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Lol they never learn. It's like each time these companies decide to turn their back on their clientele it's never been done before, with predictable results.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top