User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:00:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
shot them an Email
"Hello,
I am a police officer with a city PD in the state of MN. I would like to inform you that due to a recent change to your policy and choice to no
longer sell standard magazines to the public, you will no longer be considered as a source of equipment by my self individually or my department.
I urge you to reverse your decision on this issue."
View Quote
Tomorrow, I'm doing you one better.... I'm notifying them to cancel my DVOR account, delete any of my personal information they retain, and not contact me in the future. If they so much as send me an e-mail or advertisement, I will prosecute under my state's harassment statute. I'm an asshole.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#2]
So is the going out of business sale starting tomorrow or...?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I can see this really paying off for them.  Gun grabbers will give them all of their firearms business.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This, just look at the stripper clips that soldiers are given, they are pushed straight down from the top to be nearly flush with the back of the mag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never loaded a double stack rifle mag like that

Place the round on top and push the fucker down. Who the fuck slides them in like a pistol mag?
This, just look at the stripper clips that soldiers are given, they are pushed straight down from the top to be nearly flush with the back of the mag.
LOL I had a friend at work that I helped to de-Fudd.  A few weeks after he bought his first AR he was griping about how hard the mags were to load.  He was trying to load them like a pistol mag.  He felt stupid after I told him how easy it is.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck selling binos to birdwatchers assholes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#6]
There is no magazine capacity limit in Illinois and there never has been. Stop regurgitating incorrect information.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is no magazine capacity limit in Illinois and there never has been. Stop regurgitating incorrect information.
View Quote
Amazing, it would have been better to admit a mistake and go back.  It’s not the 1940’s and 1950’s catalog business where consumers have to believe the crap spewed.  It took someone 29 seconds to tell them their explanation was bs.

I bet that the wives of whomever owns Optics are really not happy that little viktor and little katarina have to go mingle with the other commoners at public school soon and the country club membership will have to go.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#8]
“Thank you for reaching out to us, and giving us a chance to respond. We're aware of a recent rumor suggesting that we made decisions to restrict the sale of magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds due to recent events.

We want to assure you this is not the case. Insufficient internal communication led to a misread message. We are not offering magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds to the general public due to our location in Northbrook, Illinois, and local laws that limit our ability to sell these. Being an internet retailer serving fifty states can be complex at times, and frankly, our location in Illinois only adds to this complexity.  We may not always like the law, but we need to follow it.

You can see the ordinance in question here:

https://library.municode.com/il/cook_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIGEOR_CH54LIPEMIBURE_ARTIIIDEWEDE_DIV4BLHOASWEBA_S54-212ASWELAPAMASAPREX

At OpticsPlanet, we have never used the inflamed tensions and emotions of current events to drive decision making. Our support of the 2nd Amendment is made undeniably clear by the products we offer. We are one of the few online retailers who never stopped offering completely legal products based on public or political pressure. We do not raise prices during frenzies.  We do, however, follow the laws and make adjustments when legally required.

While we wish we could be your provider of these magazines, our hands are tied in this matter. We sincerely apologize for our role in creating any confusion, and hope you'll continue to support us as many loyal customers have over the past 18 years.

Best regards,

OpticsPlanet, Inc.

Office: 800-504-6041 |  Fax:  847-919-3003
[email protected]

This is the email I received when I asked them about the magazines.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Then I won't but nothing form them, let then know how you feel, put some pressure on them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't forget team Wendy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what's the complete list? This is what I've got so far..

OpticsPlanet.com
Dvor.com Tactical-store.com
Guncases.com
Eyewearplanet.com
Rangefinders.com
Radarguns.com
Springfield Armory
Rock River Arms
Cheaper Than Dirt
Don't forget team Wendy.
X Products
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#11]
So last night I sent a short email to optics planet letting them know that due to their recent decision to stop selling standard capacity magazines I would not be doing business with them even though I have purchased a few times from them before, even buying an ACOG. I made it clear that they would be getting no more money from me due to their hypocritical lack of support for the Second Amendment.

This morning I got back the canned answer , that it had nothing to do with recent events and that it had to do with the local Illinois law. I responded with "bullshit, you guys are cowards and everyone knows it, profiting from the Second Amendment and the shooting community when the chips are down you bent to political correctness like a reed in the wind." Then I called them cowards again. Won't do anything, but writing the letter made me feel good.

Ironically as I still live in New Jersey, I am not able to buy standard capacity magazines and have them shipped to my home state, but I will not support them with my money if they don't support the Second Amendment.  I hope everyone on this website was spent money with them does the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe someone should tell them they sell sniper rifle scopes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was under the impression that all municipalities in Cook County can exercise Home Rule, Northbrook included?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was under the impression that all municipalities in Cook County can exercise Home Rule, Northbrook included?
View Quote
I don't know how Cook County operates thankfully. My post was in regard to the blanket "Illinois has an AWB and magazine ban" comments that get posted here all the time. There is still nothing that prohibits O.P. from selling mags greater than ten rounds to anybody outside of Cook County.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I just removed myself from their mailing list.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Yup... me too.  Remove from all.

Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I just "unsubscribed" from their email list with a blistering letter telling them why they will NEVER see another dime from me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#18]
It looks like the real problem once again is local law and politicians. perhaps Optics Planet should consider moving to a friendlier area.

It also looks like the local law is crossing the line by affecting interstate commerce, something else for them to look at.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Cook County doesn't even let them have them to sell to out of county residents???
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Tomorrow, I'm doing you one better.... I'm notifying them to cancel my DVOR account, delete any of my personal information they retain, and not contact me in the future. If they so much as send me an e-mail or advertisement, I will prosecute under my state's harassment statute. I'm an asshole.
View Quote
I approve of your assholery
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I was just considering them for optics on a new rifle build I'm gearing up for.  Guess I'll scratch them off the list.

Stupid move.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

X Products
View Quote

And Dicks. Let's not forget the most appropriately named business in the history of dicks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, I was just considering them for optics on a new rifle build I'm gearing up for.  Guess I'll scratch them off the list.

Stupid move.
View Quote
Sounds more like they scratched us off the list first.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:30:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And Dicks. Let's not forget the most appropriately named business in the history of dicks.
View Quote
I used to like Dicks, they still haven’t seen a dime from me since that shit went down and never will again.  The friends of my enemies are my enemies...show them no quarter.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I still don't understand how they can say they can't even hold them yet can still sell them to LEO's, etc.

Why are they lying???
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
lol

I’d never order from those shitbags anyway.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Unsubscribed from them and Dvor. Let them know in feedback about their stupid policy...as if.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

X Products
View Quote
@Azygos

What did they do? I was about to order a 9mm drum.

Disregard-I found it.

What a bunch of retards.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Don't forget to add LowerPricedGuns
to your list
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#30]
The law posted seems pretty clear.  I think the hatred here is being misplaced.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#31]
What a shame.

Oh well, I have zero problem maintaining my list of companies I'll never do business with.

Troy and Team Wendy top the list because frankly, it's more than just their public antics that bother me. I have seen how they operate behind the curtain, within the industry. Shady fucking bastards, they are.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
But aren't they still selling to LEO's, etc???
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Bah. Fuck it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Optics Planet: The NY SAFE Act of gun stores.

I'll never buy from them again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#35]
As if them taking forever to ship and taking forever to respond to customer service emails wasn't bad enough. . .
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#36]
We should not be buying products made in blue states or from businesses located in blue states anyway. We have to vote with our wallets between elections.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
“Thank you for reaching out to us, and giving us a chance to respond. We're aware of a recent rumor suggesting that we made decisions to restrict the sale of magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds due to recent events.

We want to assure you this is not the case. Insufficient internal communication led to a misread message. We are not offering magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds to the general public due to our location in Northbrook, Illinois, and local laws that limit our ability to sell these. Being an internet retailer serving fifty states can be complex at times, and frankly, our location in Illinois only adds to this complexity.  We may not always like the law, but we need to follow it.

You can see the ordinance in question here:

https://library.municode.com/il/cook_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIGEOR_CH54LIPEMIBURE_ARTIIIDEWEDE_DIV4BLHOASWEBA_S54-212ASWELAPAMASAPREX

At OpticsPlanet, we have never used the inflamed tensions and emotions of current events to drive decision making. Our support of the 2nd Amendment is made undeniably clear by the products we offer. We are one of the few online retailers who never stopped offering completely legal products based on public or political pressure. We do not raise prices during frenzies.  We do, however, follow the laws and make adjustments when legally required.

While we wish we could be your provider of these magazines, our hands are tied in this matter. We sincerely apologize for our role in creating any confusion, and hope you'll continue to support us as many loyal customers have over the past 18 years.

Best regards,

OpticsPlanet, Inc.

Office: 800-504-6041 |  Fax:  847-919-3003
[email protected]

This is the email I received when I asked them about the magazines.
View Quote
Well shit.
Who am I supposed to feign outrage over now?

It was evident early on this was probably BS. Several links to >10 rd mags were posted.

(For the record, I’ve never spent a dime at OP.)

Think I’ll put on my nikes, Levi’s and Patagonia jacket and stop by dick’s sporting goods on the way to work.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
That ordinance is from 2013. Don't fall for their BS unless of course you work for them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Except those of us that live here know they are full of shit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Looking at google maps, it appears that they are just 1000 ft from the county line...why in the hell would you setup in Cook county..
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well shit.
Who am I supposed to feign outrage over now?

It was evident early on this was probably BS. Several links to >10 rd mags were posted.

(For the record, I’ve never spent a dime at OP.)

Think I’ll put on my nikes, Levi’s and Patagonia jacket and stop by dick’s sporting goods on the way to work.
View Quote
Well.   Good for you!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Got the same canned response in my email this morning. They're really sticking to their story!
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Typical over-reaction from GD. They never did sell anything larger than a 15rd mag.
View Quote
When GD/AR15.COM responds to these companies turning on them you call it a typical over reaction. I see you live in TX let guess and I might be over reacting because I'm in GD but I'd guess you live in DALLAS along with everyone else that backs what Optics Planet did.

Yet I notice you did not say Optics Planet over reacted in what they did. Yet when progun GD/ar15.com voices their dismay about Optics Planet turning on their customer base (us) and siding with the Democratic party and LEFT Wing Extremists and stops selling anything that holds more than 10 rds of ammo.

We are over reacting yet the left is not.  What's the weather like in Dallas by the way.

All of these people blaming you, I and every gun owner in America are being blamed for the actions of a very few. We are being attacked by left wing extremists . Backed by these Democratic Leaders. They want our constitutional rights taken away. Instead of fixing the problem they are attacking us on an individual basis. They are over reacting.

I have heard very very little about the shooter. But a whole hell of a lot of  blame against the gun and gun owners for this act of violence. These extremists are insane they blame, you and I. Everyone here that had absolutely nothing to do with this horrible act. They are blaming us more than the person that pulled the trigger. They've spend more time on national news pointing their fingers at America's gun owners as the killer that the actual killer.

The left wing extremists and Democratic party are instigating this, they are feeding the fire of this hate. All to destroy our President and destroy our gun rights. They are using you, and I as food for hate. This is an over reaction.

Optics Planet abandoned it's own customer base because they are weak cowards. We voice our dismay and disgust about what they did and you say. Typical GD/AR15.COM  over reaction. Way to go in letting us know we are over reacting
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
@Azygos

Disregard-I found it.

What a bunch of retards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

X Products
@Azygos

Disregard-I found it.

What a bunch of retards.
Don't do it. I ordered one when they came out, wouldn't fit into the mag block (hahn top load). Took a long time to get a response and refund.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Don't do it. I ordered one when they came out, wouldn't fit into the mag block (hahn top load). Took a long time to get a response and refund.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

X Products
@Azygos

Disregard-I found it.

What a bunch of retards.
Nope not going to do it. X products stepped on their dick and I'm not going to support them with any of my money
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Optics Planet turned off commenting on their Instagram page.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Here is the ordinance in the response they sent me.

Sec. 54-212. - Assault weapons, and large-capacity magazines; sale prohibited; exceptions.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, sell, offer or display for sale, give, lend, transfer ownership of, acquire, carry or possess any assault weapon or large capacity magazine in Cook County. This subsection shall not apply to: (1) The sale or transfer to, or possession by any officer, agent, or employee of Cook County or any other municipality or state or of the United States, members of the armed forces of the United States; or the organized militia of this or any other state; or peace officers to the extent that any such person named in this subsection is otherwise authorized to acquire or possess an assault weapon and/or large capacity magazine and does so while acting within the scope of his or her duties;
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here is the ordinance in the response they sent me.

Sec. 54-212. - Assault weapons, and large-capacity magazines; sale prohibited; exceptions.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, sell, offer or display for sale, give, lend, transfer ownership of, acquire, carry or possess any assault weapon or large capacity magazine in Cook County. This subsection shall not apply to: (1) The sale or transfer to, or possession by any officer, agent, or employee of Cook County or any other municipality or state or of the United States, members of the armed forces of the United States; or the organized militia of this or any other state; or peace officers to the extent that any such person named in this subsection is otherwise authorized to acquire or possess an assault weapon and/or large capacity magazine and does so while acting within the scope of his or her duties;
View Quote
How the heck could that EVER stand up in court for out of County sales!!??

Plus it says "in Cook County".................
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top