Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2001 3:53:28 PM EDT
Robert Blake had a tv show in the mid 70`s called 'Beretta', cop show.
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010507/re/crime_blake_dc_7.html[/url]
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Police slammed a lid of secrecy Monday on the autopsy report on how Robert Blake's wife met her death while the TV star's lawyer described her as a con-woman with many enemies and said the actor was too upset to take a lie detector test.

The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office, which has probed the deaths of scores of celebrities from O.J. Simpson's ex-wife to Marilyn Monroe, said police have told it to keep the report confidential while the murder investigation continues.

Bonny Lee Bakley, 45, was fatally shot in the head Friday while she sat in the couple's car. Blake, 67, told police he had left his wife alone to retrieve a gun he had left at a restaurant where they had just dined. The type of gun used in the attack has not been revealed.

Blake's lawyer, Harland Braun, has painted Bakley as a scheming con-woman who preyed on elderly and famous men, including his client. Braun said she was in fear for her life in the days leading up to her murder, even asking Blake to carry a gun to protect her. That was the weapon Blake said he had gone back to the restaurant to retrieve.

Braun told ABC Radio on Monday that his client was innocent, saying, ``I have absolutely no doubt about that.''

He also said Blake was too emotionally upset to take a lie detector test. ``It would be difficult to isolate the factors (that comprise the test) but it is something to be considered,'' he told ABC Radio reporter Steve Futterman.

Police have said that Blake is not a suspect in the case and Braun said his client has willingly cooperated, submitting to two lengthy interviews and allowing police to search his home and take away phone records, weapons and other possessions.

Link Posted: 5/7/2001 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Braun said Blake, a former child star in the ``Our Gang'' comedies, was in a ``state of shock'' but working with a private investigator, going through personal papers for clues to his wife's murder. ``if they find anything, they will turn it over it to police,'' Braun told ABC.

Braun said Bakley had been very nervous in recent days and had urged Blake to carry a gun. The lawyer told ABC that Blake himself thought there were people keeping his home in Studio City, a Los Angeles suburb, under surveillance.

Asked why Blake left her alone in the car to retrieve the gun, the lawyer told ABC it was a split-second decision.

``In hindsight, he wished he hadn't done that but he just reacted instantly, having left the gun behind and remember there was not anything specific -- he just knew that she had a generalized concern and maybe he thought she was a little paranoid.''

The lawyer said that Blake and Bakley had a causal sexual relationship when she became pregnant with the couple's daughter.

Blake felt she tricked him and he would not have married her otherwise. ``He married her out of a sense of obligation they were not close. .... The nature of her business was to con people, especially the desperately in need and the lonely. When you are dealing with people's emotions like that some one could out and kill her,'' Braun said.

Blake married Bakley last November after DNA tests showed he was the father of Bakley's daughter, Rose. The child was originally named Christian Shannon Brando because Bakley initially thought the child was the daughter of Marlon Brando's son, Christian. Braun said Rose, born June 2, was staying with relatives.

Blake spent part of the weekend at an undisclosed hospital being treated for shock and high blood pressure.

Bakley had lived in a separate house on the back of Blake's Studio City property.

Blake, born Mickey Gubitosi in Nutley, New Jersey, played detective Tony Baretta in the television show that ran from 1975 to 1978. He began his career as a child actor in the ``Our Gang'' film series and has appeared in 127 films, including his critically acclaimed portrayal of real-life killer Perry Smith in the 1967 movie ``In Cold Blood.''

His most recent films include ``Money Train'' in 1995 and David Lynch's ``Lost Highway'' in 1997.
--------------------------------------------
I dont know, Hollywood is a strange place.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure sounds like it to me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does anyone know where O.J. was a the time of the murder??
View Quote

Sharpening his Knives and talking on his shoe phone
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Lets get a bet going, I say he did it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If he DID do it, at least he was ingenius enough to have someone else pull the trigger.

Regardless who did it, I hope they fry.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]
BoomBoom, I got $5 (I know I'm cheap) that says even if he did do it he'll never do time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I think his bird did it
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#10]
"...Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.."
View Quote

Well, he "talked the talk", let's see if he can "walk the walk"
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I think his bird did it
View Quote

No, bird was the look out. Cutting a deal with the DA as we speak.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#12]
guilty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top