Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The Democrats can't deal with the truth, that tearing down our societal values has consequences. The chickens are coming home to roost from their war on God in the public arena. The Constution was written for a moral society. Not the morals of the left. There are other things too, but I think has the most to do with it. Now we are only left with hardening the schools to slow the trend or "give up the guns" which is a pipe dream. And will not do a thing. What will they want when a school massacre happens after MOST are turned in? They won't stop and that is why they can't win!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As a parent, it saddens me greatly whenever I hear of these lunatics shooting up a school.

I know many of us here are not just proud gun owners but also deeply loving parents.

There is no greater tragedy then to lose a child to senseless violence.  This awful trend of school violence needs to be dealt with.

"No compromise, from my cold dead hands", yeah I get it but at the end of the day, that doesn't solve anything and doesn't address the issue.

What say the hive?
View Quote
I say that with 300 posts since 2001 you're probably a troll account. That being said you are right that no compromise and from my cold dead hands doesn't address the issue. Because the issue has nothing to do with guns.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1. Fuck anyone who wants to restrict my rights.

2. Dozens of solutions that don't involve restricting our rights have been proposed already.
View Quote
This.  I should not have to have my rights infringed due to the evil deeds of evil men.

I don't see anyone calling for restrictions on vehicle purchases/ownership simply because of the large number of alcohol related deaths in motor vehicles.  Why?  Because it doesn't make sense to blame the method of death...blame the culprit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

At the end of the day, our unalienable right... Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness, outweighs your bravado and some mentally unstable's "right" to guns.
View Quote
Would you say that there is a "Right to Life?"

*Put armed guards in schools

*Deny the rights of millions of Americans.

Tough call apparently
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sleeper account?  That's a first.

Ok some predictable F off, not my problem responses.  Great, very macho of you.

The question was not being posed to basement dwellers but to those with school aged children who have imagined the unimaginable pain these parents must be going through.

All I was stating was that the adults in the room and responsible gun owners need to be part of the solution.

At the end of the day, our unalienable right... Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness, outweighs your bravado and some mentally unstable's "right" to guns.

I don't know what the answer but I think it should be up to us gunowners to ponder the issue more than just macho sound bites.
View Quote
So my opinion doesn't count and isn't worth anything because I choose not to create children?  That means I don't "understand"?

I am going to give it to you anyway.  Criminals do not abide by laws.  They are criminals by very definition. Murder is already "banned".  Words on paper do not prevent crime when civility has been discarded.  Adding more words on more paper will have the same effect as the ban on drugs or alcohol had.  Which is to say none at all for the people who choose or chose to ignore the words on paper.

When someone chooses to murder, they are aware that it is illegal but that obviously is not enough to deter that behavior.  At that point laws can only serve to punish after the fact, not prevent.

The only people laws do affect are those that choose to abide by laws in the first place, which by definition are not murders. Anything other than meeting evil physical force with equal or greater good physical force is an emotional hand wringing response to a logical problem which can only lead to trading freedom for the illusion of safety.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

2. Dozens of solutions that don't involve restricting our rights have been proposed already.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:55:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Harden the schools

Mag lock and heavy doors on every class and entrypoint. Allow them to be panick locked by a panick button in every class

Controlled access entry. No one gets in without permission

Armed security to screen and defend

Allow teachers to arm themselves beit simple pepper spray or more lethal means

Pay attention to people when they are on social media saying they want to shoot up schools

All sorts of solutions already in place at sporting arenas and amusement parks nationwide

Why is only about the 2nd? Ask yourself that.
View Quote
The Left doesn't care about dead kids or public safety. Those are just political tools used by the left to achieve their ultimate goal: complete disarmament and confiscation, Australia-style.

Crime would actually go UP afterwards, but that is not the Left's concern. They do not care about citizens. Never did and never will.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a parent, it saddens me greatly whenever I hear of these lunatics shooting up a school.

I know many of us here are not just proud gun owners but also deeply loving parents.

There is no greater tragedy then to lose a child to senseless violence.  This awful trend of school violence needs to be dealt with.

"No compromise, from my cold dead hands", yeah I get it but at the end of the day, that doesn't solve anything and doesn't address the issue.

What say the hive?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:01:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
all great ideas. When's the last time conservatives, in general, and arfcom, in particular, wanted to increase taxes to pay for hardening schools?
View Quote
Security first, athletic program second. Fuck your football stadium until the security is paid for.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What say the hive?
View Quote
no personal attacks please

ETA: and for those who wonder what it was like leading up to 1994 - it was like this; there were orange vested fudds on the news every night saying we had to compromise and do something because no one needs those weapons of war and our children are being killed.  Exact same playbook.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:08:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My only thought is putting kids that make threatening statements into the court system and if it is determined they pose a threat, take away their right to purchase a firearm. The school psychologist, admin, local police often meet for these issues already. If they determine their is a threat send it to a court.
View Quote
No. We don't take away people's rights because they are dangerous and then let them back out into society. We need to keep them locked away if they pose a real threat, because even if they can't get a gun legally, do you think they will just give up on their plan to kill?

They could park a car a block away and rain down crossbow bolts on football game and it would be totally silent. People would be dying all over before anyone figured out what was happening.

No, if they are a credible threat they need to be removed from society altogether. None of this "Hurr-dur can't buy from a gun store, lol!" is going to stop a determined killer.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:14:07 AM EDT
[#12]
It is the breakdown of morality and family values that is causing the increase in shootings. Society is sick. The left doesn't want to acknowledge those things are a problem, and certainly doesn't want to fix it as I believe they set our breakdown in society by design. Unfortunately this is a by product of that.

At this point there is no magic fix.

Certainly allowing the adults in the school to be armed would help minimize the dangers.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#13]
You started the thread, what is your idea ?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:40:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The question was not being posed to basement dwellers but to those with school aged children who have imagined the unimaginable pain these parents must be going through.

All I was stating was that the adults in the room and responsible gun owners need to be part of the solution.

I don't know what the answer but I think it should be up to us gunowners to ponder the issue more than just macho sound bites.
View Quote
Are you suggesting we need some guns laws to prevent these shootings?

If so, please lead by example, turn in your guns, then log out of arfcom and don't come back to this gun forum.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
all great ideas. When's the last time conservatives, in general, and arfcom, in particular, wanted to increase taxes to pay for hardening schools?
View Quote
We pay too much already.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You started the thread, what is your idea ?
View Quote
More to the point, what, OP, do YOU think is the problem?  Hint: It isn't guns.  Guns are inanimate objects.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:12:44 AM EDT
[#17]
These attackers are cowards who look for the biggest "gun free" zones so that they know they will be the only one with a weapon.
We have armed guards paid to protect bank tellers and money, security for celebrities and athletes, yet they refuse to use our tax dollars to secure schools?

Let's take a % of the money we're giving away to countries that hate us and invest in keeping our future generations safe. Billions are wasted every year, there must be a way to redirect some of that into securing schools and places of mass gatherings. I imagine a few billion a year in foreign aid kept home could go a long ways towards footing the bill for increased school hardening.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 2:42:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Eliminate gun free zones. Free and instant results. Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#19]
As a logical person if I wanted to save childrens lives, Id probably focus on something where the chance a child were killed is not statistically near zero. So literally anything else, like car accidents, suicide, overdoses, drowning, etc. By spending resources on this instead of something much more likely to harm them we are facilitating a much large number of deaths.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#20]
School shootings would go down if kids were still allowed to 'duke it out'.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:19:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What say the hive?
View Quote
This ain't DU fella, you lost?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Responsible gun owners aren't part of the solution, they are the solution, and the first to get fucked in the ass any time some asshole kills other people. Putting the word right in quotations tells me all I need to know about your "solution".
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:10:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Nah, that would mean being involved as a parent and keeping the home they're raised within intact. That requires, like, responsibility and shit
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:48:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Here's an idea.

How about we admit that guns are part of American culture, have been around since Day One and will be here till Day Z.  Teach your kids proper gun handling right up there alongside tying your shoes and brushing your teeth.  Teach it in K-12 schools. Demystify guns, strip them of their taboo, return them to their proper status as household tools to be handled with respect, not avoided in quivering fear.

Trying to suppress the understanding that there are hundreds of millions of guns out there, and always will be, is doing a great injustice to our children, and theirs.  The live in a world with guns, and violence, and crazy people, and they need to learning how to function in it... not how to sigh emotionally and volley gumdrop legislation back and forth between parties until the public again loses interest.  That all starts with the parents.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 5:12:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What say the hive?
View Quote
Liberals have been letting terrorists into our country and terrorists are killing citizens and now the liberals want to disarm us.
liberals want us dead.
Not one more inch!
No compromise!
Never give up your guns!
Close all schools because they are unsafe and terrorist targets.
Homeschool and private school is the answer.
or
Arm the teachers and harden the schools.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Site staff has been letting the troll accounts run wild.

And OP is a very defensive one with that sleeper account.  lol
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Congratulations op. You hit all the talking points perfectly but it won’t go over here.

Go back and tell your handlers you failed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What say the hive?
View Quote
39 police calls to his house. Expelled from school. Threat assessment ordered on him but never done. FBI contacted twice.

But we need to do something about guns? Piss off.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Agreed.  I personally think this hard ass “over my dead body” routine is going to cost us dearly.  Trump’s approval is in the toilet as is the Republican Party.  I could see an enhanced AWB coming back (no sunset this time).
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#31]
If more parents would actually raise their kids....instead of letting ipads raise their kids, I think this country would be a better place.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#32]
No, all gun owners, and for that matter, all citizens do not "need" to be part of the solution.

School security begins at home with parents talking to and teaching their kids about the realities of the world we live in. Pull your heads out of your asses, or wine bottles, mom and dad.

School security is the responsibility of the school, the school district, and surrounding community. It is not the responsibility of people living 1,000 miles away.

Stop crying for help that someone pays for. And there it is. Everyone wants utopia, but expects the whole effing country to pay for it. YOU figure out what YOUR needs are and YOU pay for it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Agreed.  I personally think this hard ass "over my dead body" routine is going to cost us dearly.  Trump's approval is in the toilet as is the Republican Party.  I could see an enhanced AWB coming back (no sunset this time).
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're the same guy who agreed to raising the rifle purchase age to 21 in another thread.  Oh yeah, that wouldn't restrict your rights.  /
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Agreed.  I personally think this hard ass “over my dead body” routine is going to cost us dearly.  Trump’s approval is in the toilet as is the Republican Party.  I could see an enhanced AWB coming back (no sunset this time).
View Quote
Oh look, another one. While I don't think all of these accounts are fake/troll/bot, it IS amazing the number of 10-15 year old/low post accounts that come out of the woodwork on subjects like this.

btw quisling, Trump's numbers have always been "low", but he managed to get elected over your gal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What say the hive?
View Quote
I won't shoot up any schools. There, I did my part.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#37]
More gun laws are not the answer.  More taxes on me to pay for other people's kids education and security is not the answer.  How about parents that chose to have kids deal with the kid's issue.  That is the problem.  A percentage of parents haven't taught and monitored the behavior of their kids.  Make parents responsible for raising their offspring.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am a responsible gun owner. My solution is to put crazy, dangerous people in a place where they are taken care of and kept under observation.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Us....really?

I can see this mass murder fading in interest as the Black Panther and the NBA All Star game give way to Oscar talk.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Easiest solution is to have an armed guard(s) stationed at schools.  Contrary to what some say, the kids will not be traumatized when they see a good guy w/ a gun especially when the kid knows that good guy is there to protect them

Or everyone could home school

I'll take the first option

Hell, I would gladly volunteer my time to patrol the local school
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#42]
FIREARMS RESTRICTIONS WILL NOT STOP SOMEONE INTENT ON KILLING.

These shooters seek out places where they can kill large numbers of people so they can become famous. The media jumps at the chance to plaster their name and face for all to see giving these murderers what they want so desperately. I wonder how many of these shootings there would be if the nobody would every hear of these killers.

End Gun-Free Zones and give people a chance to defend themselves.

Stop making these murderers famous.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What say the hive?
View Quote
I say you are on ignore.

bye.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Care to comment OP ?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
man that's a old ass sleeper account.. Now much did it cost  shareblue?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Another one outs himself.

Tell your handlers it won’t work here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
fpni
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1. Fuck anyone who wants to restrict my rights

2. Dozens of solutions that don't involve restricting our rights have been proposed already
fpni
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Raise your kids right.  That's my solution.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Damn
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#50]
I posted this in another thread that died right after;

These things have happened before, but that doesn't make it OK to accept it happening now.

Free societies are going to have violence, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't make efforts to prevent it.

We have the Constitutionally guaranteed, God granted right to keep and bear arms. Unfortunately that same right can be abused by terrible people in even more terrible ways, therefore we must take precautions against those people without infringing on ANY of our rights.

I personally have no idea what the answer is. I don't think there is one blanket one. I think it does behoove our community to keep trying to find answers and to try to prevent these things from happening.

I do not believe that we need to give any more ground away to keep our rights - we've given plenty away already - but we do need to admit to ourselves that protecting innocent lives is not only the very reason for those rights to exist, it's the most important of our rights.

We're not being allowed to use those very guaranteed rights to do the jobs they were intended for and that's just plain wrong. Instead of fighting to keep our rights, we should be fighting to utilize them as God intended and the Constitution enumerates.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top