BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ties back to their 2013 policy where they don't report troubled youth to LE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is yet another wrinkle.

Administrators at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School recommended back in January 2017 that the school board conduct a "threat assessment" on Nikolas Cruz to determine if he was a danger to the school and its students, according to documents exclusively obtained by Local 10 News.

Evidently, the board never conducted the assessment. And is now in full cover-up mode.

Broward County Public Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said Thursday, however, that the school board had no clue of the danger that lurked in the former student.

"We received no warning, no hints, no tips," Runcie said. "There was no warning that we saw."

Disgusting.

https://www.local10.com/news/parkland-school-shooting/school-considered-shooting-suspect-potential-threat-year-before-massacre
-Adopts policy of not notifying police of problems with students.
-School administration asks for threat assessment on problem student, and school board follows their policy by not notifying police.
-Year passes and then the student in question shoots up the school.
-"It's the gun's fault! It's the NRA's fault!"

IF anybody is active on social media (facebook, tweeter, whatever), they need to spread this around, so people can direct their anger at the school board's decisions that contributed to this.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:01:46 AM EDT
[#2]
“If Coach Feis had had his firearm in school that day, I believe that he most likely could’ve stopped the threat,” Haab asserted.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/17/student-florida-shooting-coach-gun/

Damn those South Florida RINOS

Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:40:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Multiple States to Arm Teachers

Currently about one-third of states allow teachers to carry firearms on campus, but Education Secretary Betsy DeVos recently said all schools “clearly have the opportunity and the option” to arm teachers...

https://www.thewashingtonpundit.com/blank-1/2018/02/17/Multiple-States-to-Arm-Teachers

This is the only answer.
Israel has proven its effectiveness.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:39:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:46:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ummm. I'm not sure that helps our side.
View All Quotes
Money talks and bullshit walks.

Prominent Republican Donor Issues Ultimatum on Assault Weapons Will only fund Pro AWB GOP

As I have said.... The Republican party is not gun-friendly. They use the Second Amendment as a carrot to dangle in front of us to garner votes and nothing else.

Better political Capital would be spent on Nationwide Reciprocity for concealed-carry permits. Look how well that's going. No ads from the NRA about it. Nothing to whip up the public to support it and put pressure on elected officials. No hashtag campaigns on Twitter and Facebook.

Nothing.

The GOP is happy with the Status Quo and so is the NRA for the most part.

And I guarantee you that there are GOP politicians chomping on the bit to push gun control.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:48:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"If Coach Feis had had his firearm in school that day, I believe that he most likely could've stopped the threat," Haab asserted.

View Quote
Anitere Flores and her ilk blocked campus carry.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:54:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah

Where is he going with this?
View Quote
I think that they don't actually want gun control. Maybe inferring that they'd rather use these shootings to split America apart more?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#10]
They're really cranking down the screws on gun control for this one.  People need to stay woke.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:47:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 6:14:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ummm. I'm not sure that helps our side.
View Quote
Better for them to be screeching about his tweets and muh russia than more gun control.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 6:23:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"If Coach Feis had had his firearm in school that day, I believe that he most likely could've stopped the threat," Haab asserted.

Now is the time to turn this on the local (county sheriffs department and school board), state, and federal level. Start the #you did this movement. This tragedy happened because of their gross negligence... I’m sorry this is t negligence, they took an active role in allowing this to happen. The state and the county officials allowed this to happen and it was done under the color of law.

Yes, the fbi screwed up by not following up on two or three complaints about Cruz. But the biggest failure occurred at the local level. Broward County School Board and the Sheriff’s office failed their community. The school board by not notifying law enforcement about violent criminal acts of students. BCSO Responded at least 39 times to Cruz’s house, complaints ranging from mentally disturbed, elder abuse, domestic violence, missing persons, and nothing was done and no reports were taken.

And then there is the state who denied the people the tools of which they could protect themselves with. Make them wear this bloody albatross around their necks. THEY DID THIS... THEY DID THIS... THEY DID THIS!!!  Call them out by name and don’t give them a moments rest. Run them to ground until they have no ground to go to. Hold them accountable for their deliberate actions and make an example out of each and every one.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Those useful idiots, need to turn the idiot box off.

3,000 abortions a day in the US.
2016 Nice, France 87 Dead from a fucking truck
168 Dead in the Oklahoma City Bombing.
2,974 confirmed dead in 911
Assault pressure cookers used in the Boston Marathon bombing

All of those incidents have something in common.  They have nothing to do with firearms, but everything to do with mental choices.
View Quote
Add in the 1927 Bath School Massacre/Disaster in Bath Michigan 44 killed by dynamite.  The deadliest intentional US school killing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is a response to all those kids to understand our current laws.

CNN needs to shut the fuck up and stop pushing fake news

In the wake of the Florida school shooting, CNN sent out the following Tweets from their verified account . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/1518783005231285239520.png

Really CNN? Really? In Florida we don't need a conceal weapons permit to conceal carry any long guns?

As a resident of the Sunshine State and a member of the Law Enforcement Community, I can assure you that this is what's called fake news.

Florida State Statue Chapter 790 covers our firearm related laws.

Hey CNN, I cannot as a Floridian carry a rifle or shotgun concealed without a concealed weapons permit.  There is a reason it is called a CONCEALED WEAPON OR FIREARM LICENSE.

It applies to all the firearms we can legally own except for antiques and even then if used in the commission of a crime you still violate the law. I can't carry my AR-15 or Remington 870 concealed without a permit, period.

And just to clarify any other misconceptions CNN might have.

I can't open carry any firearm unless I am actually doing one of the very few defined activities that Florida allows me to do to open carry. I can't even have a gun in the car that is within reach unless I have a permit.

As for CNN's other lies . . .

Florida does not require a permit or license to own or purchase a firearm. But Florida does require a mandatory background check that goes through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Firearm Purchase Program for every gun purchased from a gun store in the state.

Also Federal law and the ATF dictates through the Gun Control Act of 1986 that all federal firearms licensees (FFLs) to "report multiple sales or other dispositions of handguns to the same purchaser & the sale or disposition of two or more handguns must be reported if they occur at the same time, or within five consecutive business days of each other."

So that is the reason why Florida has no law on multiple purchases because the Federal Government already dictates to every gun shop in Florida that multiple purchases must be reported to law enforcement.

Straight from FDLE themselves;

It runs every purchase through the Florida Crime Information Center (FCIC) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). It is actually more rigorous than the FBI's National instant Criminal background Check System (NICS).

On top of all that, Florida law and state constitution requires a mandatory 3 day waiting period that each county can augment by 5 days.

Broward County has a 5 day waiting period for all gun purchases per county ordinance  18-96. Waiting period; prohibition and Cruz was under the age of 21. Which meant he couldn't qualify for a Concealed Carry Permit and skip the waiting period. So he actually had to wait the 5 days to acquire his rifle.

Additionally, 790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm covers the full gamut of what requirements are needed to get a Concealed Carry Permit and I need to summarize it because the list is too long for this article. But suffice to say, being 21 or older, going to a certified training course, not being a felon, and not having mental issues are a few of the things that one would need to get a permit.

So that means that the gun store that sold the rifle Nikolas Cruz followed every law on the books.

But once again, CNN is attempting to make gold out of straw. Because it has been proven time and time again that the systems that the gun grabbers push aren't as fool proof as they claim like the case of when the United States Air Force failed to enter the killer's information into NCIC/NCIS system or when the FBI admitted that they were warned of Nikolas and did nothing.

Hey CNN, if you're going to produce Grade A manure. How about you sell it next to all the other fertilizer sold in the Home & Garden sections instead of claiming it is factual news.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

In the wake of the Florida school shooting, CNN sent out the following Tweets from their verified account . . .

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/1518783005231285239520.png

Really CNN? Really? In Florida we don't need a conceal weapons permit to conceal carry any long guns?

As a resident of the Sunshine State and a member of the Law Enforcement Community, I can assure you that this is what's called fake news.

790.001 Definitions.
1)"Antique firearm" means any firearm manufactured in or before 1918 (including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar early type of ignition system) or replica thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1918, and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1918, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

(2)"Concealed firearm" means any firearm, as defined in subsection (6), which is carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the firearm from the ordinary sight of another person.

(3)(a)"Concealed weapon" means any dirk, metallic knuckles, billie, tear gas gun, chemical weapon or device, or other deadly weapon carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the weapon from the ordinary sight of another person.

(6)"Firearm" means any weapon (including a starter gun) which will, is designed to, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; the frame or receiver of any such weapon; any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; any destructive device; or any machine gun. The term "firearm" does not include an antique firearm unless the antique firearm is used in the commission of a crime.

(9)"Machine gun" means any firearm, as defined herein, which shoots, or is designed to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manually reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

790.01 Unlicensed carrying of concealed weapons or concealed firearms.
(2)Except as provided in subsection (3), a person who is not licensed under s. 790.06 and who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.
(1)The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section. Each such license must bear a color photograph of the licensee. For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001(9). Such licenses shall be valid throughout the state for a period of 7 years from the date of issuance. Any person in compliance with the terms of such license may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm notwithstanding the provisions of s. 790.01.
Hey CNN, I cannot as a Floridian carry a rifle or shotgun concealed without a concealed weapons permit.  There is a reason it is called a CONCEALED WEAPON OR FIREARM LICENSE.

It applies to all the firearms we can legally own except for antiques and even then if used in the commission of a crime you still violate the law. I can't carry my AR-15 or Remington 870 concealed without a permit, period.

790.001 Definitions.
(17)"Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.
(1)Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

(2)A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:

(a)A self-defense chemical spray.

(b)A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.

(3)Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
I can't open carry any firearm unless I am actually doing one of the very few defined activities that Florida allows me to do to open carry. I can't even have a gun in the car that is within reach unless I have a permit.

Florida does not require a permit or license to own or purchase a firearm. But Florida does require a mandatory background check that goes through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Firearm Purchase Program for every gun purchased from a gun store in the state.

Also Federal law and the ATF dictates through the Gun Control Act of 1986 that all federal firearms licensees (FFLs) to "report multiple sales or other dispositions of handguns to the same purchaser & the sale or disposition of two or more handguns must be reported if they occur at the same time, or within five consecutive business days of each other."

So that is the reason why Florida has no law on multiple purchases because the Federal Government already dictates to every gun shop in Florida that multiple purchases must be reported to law enforcement.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Firearm Purchase Program began operations in 1991, as authorized by F.S. 790.065, which was enacted in 1989 and amended in 1990 by the Florida Legislature. F.S. 790.065 furthered the purposes of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968 (Title 18 U.S.C., Sections 921-929), with respect to regulating the sale and delivery of firearms by licensed firearm dealers to persons who are not licensed firearm dealers.

On November 30, 1993, The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Title 18 U.S.C. Section 922(t), was passed by Congress. The interim version of this law became effective February 28, 1994, with the permanent version taking effect on November 30, 1998. The Brady Act requires all federal firearm licensees to conduct criminal background checks before selling or transferring a firearm to a non-licensed individual. In Florida, the FDLE Firearm Purchase Program implements the Brady Act at the state level.
It runs every purchase through the Florida Crime Information Center (FCIC) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). It is actually more rigorous than the FBI's National instant Criminal background Check System (NICS).

On top of all that, Florida law and state constitution requires a mandatory 3 day waiting period that each county can augment by 5 days.

Article I Section 8. Right to bear arms

(b)There shall be a mandatory period of three days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, between the purchase and delivery at retail of any handgun. For the purposes of this section, "purchase" means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer, and "handgun" means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver. Holders of a concealed weapon permit as prescribed in Florida law shall not be subject to the provisions of this paragraph.

Article VIII Section 5. Local option

(b)Each county shall have the authority to require a criminal history records check and a 3 to 5-day waiting period, excluding weekends and legal holidays, in connection with the sale of any firearm occurring within such county. For purposes of this subsection, the term "sale" means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration for any firearm when any part of the transaction is conducted on property to which the public has the right of access. Holders of a concealed weapons permit as prescribed by general law shall not be subject to the provisions of this subsection when purchasing a firearm.
Broward County has a 5 day waiting period for all gun purchases per county ordinance  18-96. Waiting period; prohibition and Cruz was under the age of 21. Which meant he couldn't qualify for a Concealed Carry Permit and skip the waiting period. So he actually had to wait the 5 days to acquire his rifle.

Additionally, 790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm covers the full gamut of what requirements are needed to get a Concealed Carry Permit and I need to summarize it because the list is too long for this article. But suffice to say, being 21 or older, going to a certified training course, not being a felon, and not having mental issues are a few of the things that one would need to get a permit.

So that means that the gun store that sold the rifle Nikolas Cruz followed every law on the books.

But once again, CNN is attempting to make gold out of straw. Because it has been proven time and time again that the systems that the gun grabbers push aren't as fool proof as they claim like the case of when the United States Air Force failed to enter the killer's information into NCIC/NCIS system or when the FBI admitted that they were warned of Nikolas and did nothing.

Hey CNN, if you're going to produce Grade A manure. How about you sell it next to all the other fertilizer sold in the Home & Garden sections instead of claiming it is factual news.
Thanks for the write up @Miami_JBT
Any issues with me citing all or parts of your post in future discussions?

Quoted:

Add in the 1927 Bath School Massacre/Disaster in Bath Michigan 44 killed by dynamite.  The deadliest intentional school killing.
Wasn't there a fire/arson that killed more than 100 at a school? Or was that not in the US?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wasn't there a fire/arson that killed more than 100 at a school? Or was that not in the US?
View Quote
I think you're thinking about the New London School explosion.  That was a natural gas leak that lead up to the explosion.  Adding thoil to natural gas became a requirement after that.

I should edit New Bath was the deadliest intentional school killing in the US.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Discount classes for teachers at BW?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do you have a link to a credible article supporting that?  All I have seen around are numbers confirming that murders remained about the same, meaning people found other ways to keep killing.  However, nothing confirming mass murders remaining the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been thinking about that line of thought throughout today.  It certainly makes some sense after reading one poster's dealings with a G-F and her son.  Another story crossed my mind as well.  For a while, my wife was friends with this mother who had two children adopted from Eastern Europe [I believe, but could be wrong that the children were from Russia].  The daughter seemed normal.  But, then my wife told me about the son.  The son was uncontrollable.  The mother had all sorts of counselors to try to work with him, but none could make any headway.  The final straw came when one called the mother from her car after picking the son up for another session.  The boy had taken his belt off, had it wrapped around the neck of the counselor, and was CHOKING the shit out of her from the backseat of the car.  And, this boy was no more than 5 at the time.  After that, she had the son "taken away" but went into no further detail.

The point that I am trying to drive home is no matter what laws we pass, what we try to ban, or what we do to prevent these tragedies from happening.  There are those who are "wired wrong in the head".  Liberals think that these individuals can be redeemed, but they cannot.  And if they can't be redeemed, then we all have to give up our liberties in an effort to control their actions.  But, that isn't going happen either.

The Liberals love to point out the success of Australian gun laws and how effective it has been.  USA Today was practically calling for such a ban in Friday's paper.  But, I reached the "success" last year; think of it as "Know thy enemy" as I certainly do NOT support such a ban.  While, no one can deny that the murder rate per capita involving guns dropped since they started confiscating them, that is wheree the Left stops.  The full story comes out when you have to look at the overall murder rate.  First, it has never been as high as the US - never much higher than 2 murders per 100K and averaging around 1.5 murders per 100k.  But, the rate had started to drop BEFORE 1996, and the rate of decline remained the same AFTER their ban than before.  And, this isn't from some gun rag but their own statistics.  In comparison, our murder rate per capita was 7.4 and 1996 and had fallen to 5.3 in 2016.  In other words, we have seen as STEEPER decrease in the murder rate without banning guns than Australia has by banning guns.  The Left can call for bans all they want, but it isn't going stop those who want to murder from murdering.

The boy at the top of my post can easily be one of those "dangers to society", just like Cruz was.  They are the sociopaths of the world.  They may be highly functional and have a high mental capacity, but they have a fundamental lack of regard for human life.  And, no amount of drugs, counseling etc. will likely overcome that.  Yes, there is a mental aspect to the tragedy, as others before it.  But, we as a Nation are going have to figure out a way of protecting ourselves from this segment of the population.  We also need to figure out why there is apparently a growing number in our Nation which isn't seen in other parts of the World.
The Australian gun ban was NOT a success. There have been more mass shootings in Australia in the 19 years since the ban than the 19 years before the ban.

Of course, they'll tell you it was effective. They'll define "mass shootings" so it only includes the Port Arthur Massacre. Just like Everytown defines "school shooting" as any time a gun is discharged anywhere on school grounds.
Do you have a link to a credible article supporting that?  All I have seen around are numbers confirming that murders remained about the same, meaning people found other ways to keep killing.  However, nothing confirming mass murders remaining the same.
Concrete shoes, cyanide, TNT
Done dirt cheap
Neckties, contracts, high voltage
Done dirt cheap  
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

Have we forgotten so easily?

This was posted early in the Las Vegas thread.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#20]
The Q/anon/chan shit is so tired.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ferpa like Hippa is a real law.  I can see where they would make such policies in order to avoid the appearance of non compliance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ferpa like Hippa is a real law.  I can see where they would make such policies in order to avoid the appearance of non compliance.
Had nothing to do with federal patient privacy laws. When the school board made the policy change, they said that zero tolerance policies (calling the police and having a student hauled off when they broke the law) had created a 'school to prison pipeline', that was ruining the lives of students. Rather than involving the police, they decided that it would be better to keep the police out of matters involving problem students, with a goal of decreasing the dropout rate and having students graduate without an arrest record.

The school board adopted a policy of protecting juvenile criminals, in order to improve the school's performance statistics. It's similar to a college that bends over backwards to prevent rapes being reported, so that they can tell parents of prospective students that they have had no rapes on their campus.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Q/anon/chan shit is so tired.
View Quote
It's tiring because a lot of truthful info there. The culture we assume now has been there for 5 years already. Memes, Pepe, etc. Started there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#23]
This is a good article whose author makes several good points.

https://mystudentapt.com/2015/10/06/theres-a-way-to-stop-mass-shootings-and-you-wont-like-it/

Of course, expecting the MSM and liberals to understand them is a different story.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Add in the 1927 Bath School Massacre/Disaster in Bath Michigan 44 killed by dynamite.  The deadliest intentional US school killing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those useful idiots, need to turn the idiot box off.

3,000 abortions a day in the US.
2016 Nice, France 87 Dead from a fucking truck
168 Dead in the Oklahoma City Bombing.
2,974 confirmed dead in 911
Assault pressure cookers used in the Boston Marathon bombing

All of those incidents have something in common.  They have nothing to do with firearms, but everything to do with mental choices.
Happy Land night club fire in 1990. 87 people dead with $1 worth of gasoline.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

790.001 Definitions.
1)"Antique firearm" means any firearm manufactured in or before 1918 (including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar early type of ignition system) or replica thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1918, and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1918, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

(2)"Concealed firearm" means any firearm, as defined in subsection (6), which is carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the firearm from the ordinary sight of another person.

(3)(a)"Concealed weapon" means any dirk, metallic knuckles, billie, tear gas gun, chemical weapon or device, or other deadly weapon carried on or about a person in such a manner as to conceal the weapon from the ordinary sight of another person.

(6)"Firearm" means any weapon (including a starter gun) which will, is designed to, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; the frame or receiver of any such weapon; any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; any destructive device; or any machine gun. The term "firearm" does not include an antique firearm unless the antique firearm is used in the commission of a crime.

(9)"Machine gun" means any firearm, as defined herein, which shoots, or is designed to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manually reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

790.01 Unlicensed carrying of concealed weapons or concealed firearms.
(2)Except as provided in subsection (3), a person who is not licensed under s. 790.06 and who carries a concealed firearm on or about his or her person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

790.06 License to carry concealed weapon or firearm.
(1)The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms to persons qualified as provided in this section. Each such license must bear a color photograph of the licensee. For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001(9). Such licenses shall be valid throughout the state for a period of 7 years from the date of issuance. Any person in compliance with the terms of such license may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm notwithstanding the provisions of s. 790.01.

790.001 Definitions.
(17)"Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

790.053 Open carrying of weapons.
(1)Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

(2)A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:

(a)A self-defense chemical spray.

(b)A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.

(3)Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Firearm Purchase Program began operations in 1991, as authorized by F.S. 790.065, which was enacted in 1989 and amended in 1990 by the Florida Legislature. F.S. 790.065 furthered the purposes of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968 (Title 18 U.S.C., Sections 921-929), with respect to regulating the sale and delivery of firearms by licensed firearm dealers to persons who are not licensed firearm dealers.

On November 30, 1993, The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Title 18 U.S.C. Section 922(t), was passed by Congress. The interim version of this law became effective February 28, 1994, with the permanent version taking effect on November 30, 1998. The Brady Act requires all federal firearm licensees to conduct criminal background checks before selling or transferring a firearm to a non-licensed individual. In Florida, the FDLE Firearm Purchase Program implements the Brady Act at the state level.

Article I Section 8. Right to bear arms

(b)There shall be a mandatory period of three days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, between the purchase and delivery at retail of any handgun. For the purposes of this section, "purchase" means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer, and "handgun" means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver. Holders of a concealed weapon permit as prescribed in Florida law shall not be subject to the provisions of this paragraph.

Article VIII Section 5. Local option

(b)Each county shall have the authority to require a criminal history records check and a 3 to 5-day waiting period, excluding weekends and legal holidays, in connection with the sale of any firearm occurring within such county. For purposes of this subsection, the term "sale" means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration for any firearm when any part of the transaction is conducted on property to which the public has the right of access. Holders of a concealed weapons permit as prescribed by general law shall not be subject to the provisions of this subsection when purchasing a firearm.

Quoted:

Add in the 1927 Bath School Massacre/Disaster in Bath Michigan 44 killed by dynamite.  The deadliest intentional school killing.
Go right ahead @LordEC911
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yep, good read, and I read a handful of the 1,500 comments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://mystudentapt.com/2015/10/06/theres-a-way-to-stop-mass-shootings-and-you-wont-like-it/

Of course, expecting the MSM and liberals to understand them is a different story.
I also went through some of them.  They are an interesting sample of the wide range (from smart to doorknob stupid) specimens we find in our society presently.   Also shows we have a very long way before fixing anything.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I also went through some of them.  They are an interesting sample of the wide range (from smart to doorknob stupid) specimens we find in our society presently.   Also shows we have a very long way before fixing anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Point out that double action revolvers have the same rate of fire as an AR-15 (one trigger pull for each shot), and the rant you will receive about how only a homicidal psychopath would have any need for a double action revolver, shows you how out of touch with reality many of them are.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree with the majority of his arguments, but I don't honestly believe we have individuals out there shooting up large groups of people because they're "lonely."

Of all the mass shootings in recent history, I can only think of a few that were perpetrated by what most would consider to be "social outcasts."  Didn't this Cruz kid have a good enough friend that actually asked his parents/allowed him to stay at his house after his adopted mother died?

Some people are just broken mentally and no amount of buddying up to them is going to fix it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Australian gun ban was NOT a success. There have been more mass shootings in Australia in the 19 years since the ban than the 19 years before the ban.

Of course, they'll tell you it was effective. They'll define "mass shootings" so it only includes the Port Arthur Massacre. Just like Everytown defines "school shooting" as any time a gun is discharged anywhere on school grounds.
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Citation?
I remember reading an article about this, late last year, but I apparently misremembered exactly what it had said. Google is no help finding the article I had read since it suppresses search results that go against their political views. However, I did go through the wikipedia list of massacres in Australia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Australia

I organized them by date, killed/wounded, and the type of massacre.

Mass killings in Australia:

1/20/17  6k/30w car attack
12/19/14 8k/1w stabbing
12/15/14 3k shooting
9/9/14 5k shooting
9/4/14 3k/2w arson
11/18/11 11k arson
4/29/11 3k/3w shooting
7/18/09 5k blunt instrument
2/7/09 10k arson
10/21/02 2k/5w shooting
6/23/00 15k arson
10/8/99 3k/2w bikers
6/28/97 5k murder/suicide
4/28/96 35k/24w shooting (Port Arthur)
1/25/96 6k shooting
3/?/93 5k 9-day rampage
10/27/92 6k shooting
8/17/91 7k shooting
8/30/90 5k/7w shooting
9/25/88 6k shooting
12/8/87 8k shooting
10/10/87 5k shooting
8/9/87 7k shooting
6/?/87 7k 5-day shooting rampage
9/2/84 7k/28w biker gang shootout
6/1/84 5k shooting
9/24/81 5k shooting

The format of those got a bit messed up, but I think you can still figure out what's what. Since we're only interested in "mass killings" or "mass shootings" then we can leave out things like multi-day crime sprees, and gang-on-gang violence in which the killed were willing combatants. I've formatted those with strikethroughs.

In the same time period (22 years) since the Port Arthur Massacre as before it, there were 4 mass shootings afterward, as opposed to 10 before. Let's look at numbers. 60 killed before Port Arthur in mass shootings, and only 13 killed in mass shootings afterward.

But, really, are you any less dead if you're killed with a knife or a car or a firebomb? Let's look at total killed in mass attacks, including arson, stabbings, and car attacks.

Before Port Arthur: 60 killed
After Port Arthur: 76 killed

Interestingly enough, most of the "mass shootings" before Port Arthur were murder/suicides where someone killed their entire family and then committed suicide, mostly within the family home. This doesn't really count as a "mass shooting" because it doesn't happen in public. It's not what people think of when you say "mass shooting." So let's look at that list with the irrelevant items removed.

1/20/17 6k/30w car attack
12/15/14 3k shooting
9/4/14 3k/2w arson
11/18/11 11k arson
4/29/11 3k/3w shooting
2/7/09 10k arson
10/21/02 2k/5w shooting
6/23/00 15k arson
8/17/91 7k shooting
8/30/90 5k/7w shooting
12/8/87 8k shooting
8/9/87 7k shooting

Just public mass shooting attacks: four before, and three after Port Arthur.

Before Port Arthur: 27 killed
After Port Arthur: 8 killed

All mass public attacks:

After Port Arthur: 53 killed

So, although casualties from mass shootings went down, there were nearly twice as many people killed in public mass attacks in the 22 years since the Port Arthur gun ban than in the 22 years before.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Good analysis! I might steal it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

-Adopts policy of not notifying police of problems with students.
-School administration asks for threat assessment on problem student, and school board follows their policy by not notifying police.
-Year passes and then the student in question shoots up the school.
-"It's the gun's fault! It's the NRA's fault!"

IF anybody is active on social media (facebook, tweeter, whatever), they need to spread this around, so people can direct their anger at the school board's decisions that contributed to this.
View Quote
The cops had been to his house 39 times in the last 7 years. He was not an unknown who slipped through the cracks
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I remember reading an article about this, late last year, but I apparently misremembered exactly what it had said. Google is no help finding the article I had read since it suppresses search results that go against their political views. However, I did go through the wikipedia list of massacres in Australia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Australia

12/19/14 8k/1w stabbing
12/15/14 3k shooting
9/9/14 5k shooting
9/4/14 3k/2w arson
11/18/11 11k arson
4/29/11 3k/3w shooting
2/7/09 10k arson
10/21/02 2k/5w shooting
6/23/00 15k arson
10/8/99 3k/2w bikers
1/25/96 6k shooting
3/?/93 5k 9-day rampage
10/27/92 6k shooting
8/17/91 7k shooting
8/30/90 5k/7w shooting
9/25/88 6k shooting
12/8/87 8k shooting
10/10/87 5k shooting
8/9/87 7k shooting
6/1/84 5k shooting
9/24/81 5k shooting

The format of those got a bit messed up, but I think you can still figure out what's what. Since we're only interested in "mass killings" or "mass shootings" then we can leave out things like multi-day crime sprees, and gang-on-gang violence in which the killed were willing combatants. I've formatted those with strikethroughs.

In the same time period (22 years) since the Port Arthur Massacre as before it, there were 4 mass shootings afterward, as opposed to 10 before. Let's look at numbers. 60 killed before Port Arthur in mass shootings, and only 13 killed in mass shootings afterward.

But, really, are you any less dead if you're killed with a knife or a car or a firebomb? Let's look at total killed in mass attacks, including arson, stabbings, and car attacks.

Interestingly enough, most of the "mass shootings" before Port Arthur were murder/suicides where someone killed their entire family and then committed suicide, mostly within the family home. This doesn't really count as a "mass shooting" because it doesn't happen in public. It's not what people think of when you say "mass shooting." So let's look at that list with the irrelevant items removed.

12/15/14 3k shooting
9/4/14 3k/2w arson
11/18/11 11k arson
4/29/11 3k/3w shooting
2/7/09 10k arson
10/21/02 2k/5w shooting
6/23/00 15k arson
8/17/91 7k shooting
8/30/90 5k/7w shooting
12/8/87 8k shooting
8/9/87 7k shooting

All mass public attacks:

So, although casualties from mass shootings went down, there were nearly twice as many people killed in public mass attacks in the 22 years since the Port Arthur gun ban than in the 22 years before.
View Quote
Why'd you remove the central coast massacre of 1992. Granted he killed people he knew, they weren't all related. Interestingly though they had taken his weapons permit and also taken his guns prior to his shooting spree.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

12/19/14 8k/1w stabbing
12/15/14 3k shooting
9/9/14 5k shooting
9/4/14 3k/2w arson
11/18/11 11k arson
4/29/11 3k/3w shooting
2/7/09 10k arson
10/21/02 2k/5w shooting
6/23/00 15k arson
10/8/99 3k/2w bikers
1/25/96 6k shooting
3/?/93 5k 9-day rampage
10/27/92 6k shooting
8/17/91 7k shooting
8/30/90 5k/7w shooting
9/25/88 6k shooting
12/8/87 8k shooting
10/10/87 5k shooting
8/9/87 7k shooting
6/1/84 5k shooting
9/24/81 5k shooting

12/15/14 3k shooting
9/4/14 3k/2w arson
11/18/11 11k arson
4/29/11 3k/3w shooting
2/7/09 10k arson
10/21/02 2k/5w shooting
6/23/00 15k arson
8/17/91 7k shooting
8/30/90 5k/7w shooting
12/8/87 8k shooting
8/9/87 7k shooting

All mass public attacks:

View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like all the Sunday news shows are trotting out the survivors to push the gun control narrative.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Looks like all the Sunday news shows are trotting out the survivors to push the gun control narrative.
View Quote
Just doing that Pravda thing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Post where you can.

Link Posted: 2/18/2018 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He's been in office six months and there's no way in hell he personally shitcanned the investigation into that tip.   Find where the ball dropped and make an example out of that person.

Firing the director over something that happened that far down the chain is short sighted, feel good, and accomplish nothing bullshit.
View Quote
Bingo. He's scarcely had time to ferret out the deadwood.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Has anyone confirmed whether Aaron Feis, the football coach, had a CCP and regularly carried when not at school? The JROTC kid in the Fox interview implies that he did (says "if he had 'his' gun" rather than "a" gun) but doesn't outright say it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I think Wray has been doing a terrible job, I don’t think he’s ever spoke to the public his dept is burning, the culture is typical govt where no one accountable. And now the people on the tip line are arbiters of incoming calls.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Administrators at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School recommended back in January 2017 that the school board conduct a "threat assessment" on Nikolas Cruz to determine if he was a danger to the school and its students, according to documents exclusively obtained by Local 10 News.

Evidently, the board never conducted the assessment. And is now in full cover-up mode.

Broward County Public Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said Thursday, however, that the school board had no clue of the danger that lurked in the former student.

"We received no warning, no hints, no tips," Runcie said. "There was no warning that we saw."

Disgusting.

https://www.local10.com/news/parkland-school-shooting/school-considered-shooting-suspect-potential-threat-year-before-massacre
Which was the same year Sheriff Israel took over:

"Our success will be measured by the number of kids we keep out of jail, not the number we put in jail."
~ Sheriff Scott J. Israel

https://www.flsheriffs.org/sheriffs/bio/broward-county
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Heart goes out to them.
Good people.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why'd you remove the central coast massacre of 1992. Granted he killed people he knew, they weren't all related. Interestingly though they had taken his weapons permit and also taken his guns prior to his shooting spree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

12/19/14 8k/1w stabbing
12/15/14 3k shooting
9/9/14 5k shooting
9/4/14 3k/2w arson
11/18/11 11k arson
4/29/11 3k/3w shooting
2/7/09 10k arson
10/21/02 2k/5w shooting
6/23/00 15k arson
10/8/99 3k/2w bikers
1/25/96 6k shooting
3/?/93 5k 9-day rampage
10/27/92 6k shooting
8/17/91 7k shooting
8/30/90 5k/7w shooting
9/25/88 6k shooting
12/8/87 8k shooting
10/10/87 5k shooting
8/9/87 7k shooting
6/1/84 5k shooting
9/24/81 5k shooting

12/15/14 3k shooting
9/4/14 3k/2w arson
11/18/11 11k arson
4/29/11 3k/3w shooting
2/7/09 10k arson
10/21/02 2k/5w shooting
6/23/00 15k arson
8/17/91 7k shooting
8/30/90 5k/7w shooting
12/8/87 8k shooting
8/9/87 7k shooting

All mass public attacks:

None of the shootings happened in public. Three separate homes, and all seemed to be related to him in some way, and targeted specifically. It doesn't fit the definition of a mass public shooting, because the shootings didn't happen in public, and nobody was shot who wasn't specifically targeted. A murder spree, sure, but not what anybody thinks of as a "mass shooting," nor does it meet the FBI definition.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
None of the shootings happened in public. Three separate homes, and all seemed to be related to him in some way, and targeted specifically. It doesn't fit the definition of a mass public shooting, because the shootings didn't happen in public, and nobody was shot who wasn't specifically targeted. A murder spree, sure, but not what anybody thinks of as a "mass shooting," nor does it meet the FBI definition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

12/19/14 8k/1w stabbing
12/15/14 3k shooting
9/9/14 5k shooting
9/4/14 3k/2w arson
11/18/11 11k arson
4/29/11 3k/3w shooting
2/7/09 10k arson
10/21/02 2k/5w shooting
6/23/00 15k arson
10/8/99 3k/2w bikers
1/25/96 6k shooting
3/?/93 5k 9-day rampage
10/27/92 6k shooting
8/17/91 7k shooting
8/30/90 5k/7w shooting
9/25/88 6k shooting
12/8/87 8k shooting
10/10/87 5k shooting
8/9/87 7k shooting
6/1/84 5k shooting
9/24/81 5k shooting

12/15/14 3k shooting
9/4/14 3k/2w arson
11/18/11 11k arson
4/29/11 3k/3w shooting
2/7/09 10k arson
10/21/02 2k/5w shooting
6/23/00 15k arson
8/17/91 7k shooting
8/30/90 5k/7w shooting
12/8/87 8k shooting
8/9/87 7k shooting

All mass public attacks:

What I have heard about Australia is that while it's true they haven't had a huge mass shooting since Port Arthur....they never really had one before either, so claiming correlation is dubious.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Florida Social Services Closed Case on Parkland Spree Killer Despite "Behavioral Struggles," Nazi Sympathies and a Plan to Buy A Gun

"Florida's state social services agency investigated Nikolas Cruz's home life more than a year before police say he killed 17 people at his former high school, closing the inquiry after determining that his 'final level of risk is low,' despite learning that the teenager had behavioral struggles and was planning to buy a gun," nytimes.com reports. The specifics are  or should have been  alarming . . .

The investigation detailed several unnerving behaviors from Cruz, including that he had cut his arms on Snapchat, had a Nazi symbol and a racial epithet on his backpack and intended to purchase a gun for unknown reasons, according to a Florida Department of Children and Families report obtained by The Washington Post.

Ultimately, the investigation was closed in November 2016, just months before Cruz bought the AR-15 assault-style rifle that police say he would later use in the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.
View Quote
So, the FBI knew about Nikolas Cruz's plan to shoot up a high school, Broward County Sheriff's Department knew Nikolas Cruz was a deeply disturbed and dangerous individual, Marjory Stoneman High School knew Nikolas Cruz was a threat (and expelled him from school) and Florida Social Services knew Nikolas Cruz had Nazi sympathies and wanted to buy a gun.

And yet no one intervened, Nikolas Cruz passed a federal background check to purchase a Smith & Wesson AR15 and 17 innocent people are dead. And gun control advocates want Americans to believe gun laws are to blame for the massacre. I don't think so. You?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Heart goes out to them.
Good people.
View All Quotes
Their going to be Interviewed tomorrow by Good morning America. Seems they want their side told
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT
Why did they refuse to report problem kids to authorities?  Please don't say "because ICE".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disgusting.

@Miami_JBT
Why did they refuse to report problem kids to authorities?  Please don't say "because ICE".
SJWs claimed the reporting caused a “pipeline to prison” from the public school system.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#50]
I can't imagine how their kid must feel.

Have to believe he'll have to switch schools.

You can't survive high school being the kid who used to live with the kid who shot up your school.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top