Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2001 1:11:39 PM EDT
Well, I'm back today.  After reading these posts and looking through his collection, I decided to wait on her gun until she can be there.  I want her to find something she'll be comfortable with.  It's kinda like buying someone else shoes;  they need to be there and try them on, make shure they like them and they're comfortable.  I'll take her shopping later this week.

I did get one new toy, a Colt 1991A1 .45acp, 1 box ammo, Uncle Mikes holster.  Gun has Approx. 100 rnds thru it, got it for $370.  Ok price?

Thanks for all the responses to the other thread.  She's excited about getting her first gun!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Very good price IMO.

Guns are kind of personal. Good to hold 'em, get a good feel for 'em. Nice if you can let her shoot her choice before purchase.

Cute guns may not be the most comfortable shooters. If it hurts, she probably won't want to shoot again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Very nice price, almost blue light.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I just wanted to reply to all those who posted on the first thread.  I don't want you to think I'm not going to take care of my girl just because I didn't get her gun this weekend.  I really appreciate all your replies.  I'll get her something she is really comfortable with and is reliable.

BTW--So, is $350 for the 1991A1 a good price?  I probably couldn't have done so well elsewhere, but I got it from my father, so I think he cut me a deal.  Comments?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent price.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Good price. Enjoy it and teach the girlfriend to shoot it. Some women don't like the recoil but my wife shoots my Colt Officers ACP just fine.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, according to what I have heard, women progress through various stages...

1st is the .357 revolver (w/ .38s)
2nd is around 9mm...
Final is the .45ACP (single stack)...

They can handle the recoil, but they handle it differently from us guys.  They roll with it, versus fighting it like we do.  They like the power, and they know that it's gonna do some serious damage down range.  The safety, the fact that you can get it all customized, stuff like that, really tends to make them happy campers, I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top