Page / 180
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Youre being insensitive to our Os fans.

Only catchers reported to their camp.

Ubaldo is still on the market
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-omXf7K3bYoM/UfazfWsTp5I/AAAAAAAAN_4/E1KEhv3RDUA/s1600/Ubaldo-Jimenez.gif
View Quote
and the o's haven't even replaced him..
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had a 'chicago' dog once. It sucked.

I like the vinegar of catsup. It pairs well with cheese. So cheddar dogs and mac & cheese.

What about Jaso?  I can smell him from here.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I like the vinegar of catsup. It pairs well with cheese. So cheddar dogs and mac & cheese.

View Quote
wanna know the most overrated hot dog on the planet?

a dodger dog...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jaso's contract was only for two years ('16 and '17) and not renewed in the off-season. It doesn't look like anyone else wanted to pick him up.

Also, your putting ketchup on hot dogs and in Macaroni and Cheese makes me question your very sanity.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't sign that hippy to rake my yard.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Jaso's contract was only for two years ('16 and '17) and not renewed in the off-season. It doesn't look like anyone else wanted to pick him up.

Also, your putting ketchup on hot dogs and in Macaroni and Cheese makes me question your very sanity.
View Quote
We got the Slider Dog here. Hot dog, mac n cheese, bacon, fruit loops. No Ive never tried it.

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We got the Slider Dog here. Hot dog, mac n cheese, bacon, fruit loops. No Ive never tried it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/assets/images/6/7/2/191082672/cuts/SliderDog2_ha8f4ez7_14nid2k6.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
And I'd like to present Pittsburgh Dad's take on the off-season.

Dad Reacts to Pirates Andrew McCutchen Trade

"Well, congratulations. Now you're the Cleveland Browns of baseball."

Hey, wait...
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#9]
The in thing at Kauffman the last several years has been brisket nachos served in a helmet bowl.

What I like about Kauffman, and this isn't commonly known, is that you can just openly walk in with food. Beverages are limited to one bottle of water per person, but we've carried in pizza, BBQ, sandwiches, snacks... all kinds of stuff. I'm not sure how common that is elsewhere in MLB.

Is it summertime yet? Because a Friday night at the K sounds pretty good right about now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And I'd like to present Pittsburgh Dad's take on the off-season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcoBcqSMx4

"Well, congratulations. Now you're the Cleveland Browns of baseball."

Hey, wait...
View Quote
"What are they made of?! Lombardi trophies?!

No wonder no one in Cleveland shaves."

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That's the food policy at PNC too. Sealed bottles of water, and whatever else you want food wise into a bag or cooler of some size.

Speaking of PNC, the Pirates are going to sue the taxpayers for reimbursements for "repairs".

http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/13279072-74/pirates-threaten-to-sue-pittsburgh-authority-over-money-for-pnc-park-improvements

The tl;dr version: Pirates forcetaxpayers to build them a new park. The taxpayers said no, but it somehow got done anyways. Now the Pirates are saying new carpeting and art work in the luxury suites the average taxpayer can't afford to every see constitutes a "repair" and Pittsburgh needs to pony up the cash. If the city says no, they'll sue or just jack up ticket prices.

Goddamn, I hate Bob Nutting.

I mean, fuck Bob Nutting with Barry Bonds' dick and I hope they both get the AIDS in the process.

And no reach around for Bob.

And Rob Manfred gets AIDS too.

And then the lot of them catch fire from Neal Huntington's spontaneous human combustion.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The in thing at Kauffman the last several years has been brisket nachos served in a helmet bowl.

What I like about Kauffman, and this isn't commonly known, is that you can just openly walk in with food. Beverages are limited to one bottle of water per person, but we've carried in pizza, BBQ, sandwiches, snacks... all kinds of stuff. I'm not sure how common that is elsewhere in MLB.

Is it summertime yet? Because a Friday night at the K sounds pretty good right about now.
View Quote
I know at Busch Stadium you can bring in outside food and water/sodas in plastic bottles, as well as soft coolers.  Unless I'm in an all inclusive seat, I almost always bring in a cooler.  $1.50 Tall Boys for the walk to/hanging outside the stadium are a real cost cutter.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know at Busch Stadium you can bring in outside food and water/sodas in plastic bottles, as well as soft coolers.  Unless I'm in an all inclusive seat, I almost always bring in a cooler.  $1.50 Tall Boys for the walk to/hanging outside the stadium are a real cost cutter.  
View Quote
I may or may not regularly bring in some moonshine in resealed Kroger water bottles when I go to PNC.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Geez I thought I was an OG because I snuck in a giant gas station styrofoam cup full of rum and coke to a playoff game once.

You guys are binging in full coolers. I got nothing.

ETA: LOL. See post above^^ Thats why I like this guy
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I may or may not regularly bring in some moonshine in resealed Kroger water bottles when I go to PNC.
View Quote
Nice, you might really need it this season.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"What are they made of?! Lombardi trophies?!

No wonder no one in Cleveland shaves."

View Quote
Pittsburgh Dad is a national treasure in my book.

Check out his Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pittsburghdad

Also, I may or may not be sporting my YINZ short in July.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pittsburgh Dad is a national treasure in my book.

Check out his Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pittsburghdad

Also, I may or may not be sporting my YINZ short in July.
View Quote
Yeah Ive seen him before. I laugh when he talks about going to the "Giant Iggle."
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah Ive seen him before. I laugh when he talks about going to the "Giant Iggle."
View Quote
PITTSBURGH DAD AT GIANT EAGLE
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Detroit's home opener is against Pittsburgh? Huh. Thats kinda weird, no?

Link to schedule of all 30 teams.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#20]
While I believe that all interleague games are an affront to the laws of both man and God, I am even more troubled by the fact that the Pirates home opener is against the Twins, a team I completely forget existed aside from Kirby Puckett.

It does please me that when they come to town they will not be allowed to commit the sin of having a Designated Hitter. The Pirates truly are fighting to keep evil out of the world.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some friends of mine do that. They steam the water bottle cap so they can pry it off without breaking the seal, dump the water, replace it with liquor, and reinstall the cap. They buy the bottomless souvenir cup for mixers.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
While I believe that all interleague games are an affront to the laws of both man and God, I am even more troubled by the fact that the Pirates home opener is against the Twins, a team I completely forget existed aside from Kirby Puckett.

It does please me that when they come to town they will not be allowed to commit the sin of having a Designated Hitter. The Pirates truly are fighting to keep evil out of the world.
View Quote
The pirates have opened against AL teams several times recently.  Somehow MLB considers the tigers, who they opened against last year, to be pittsburgh's natural rivalry.
Well esteban louiza certainly did his part to make pittsburgh more like detroit.

I will miss not going to opening day this year, but I cannot support the nutting.  And maybe instead of buying new carpeting and artwork, he should've had something done about all the corrosion on the structure.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#23]
So I went to my first Stars game on Friday because my sister and BIL were in town and I took them. Now I'm watching NHL Tonight (which is the sister station to the MLB Network), because baseball is still going to be boring and worthless for about a month.

But, the problem with hockey is that it overlaps with baseball season, and I am such a baseball fanatic that I can't split my attention, particularly once the regular season begins.

Maybe I can squeeze in some NHL network during Intentional Talk, since I have actually written the CIA asking them to have Chris Rose and 15 assassinated as potential jihadists.

Also, for the record, the Stars beat Pittsburgh in a shoot out.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:02:55 AM EDT
[#24]
It's like having two girlfriends at the same time. You jus got to learn to juggle them. It's easy to mute baseball since the talking heads are really just white noise most of the time anyways. Besides, we're not talking about basketball with their 14 month long seasons.

And beating on the Pens in no great feat nowadays since Vegas poached our goalie. That bullshit "new expansion means automatically competitive to the point of playoff bound" bullshit is some serious bullshit.

Besides, with baseball, you only get to see a good fist fight once in a blue moon. With hockey, that is like every night.

Also,

"because baseball is still going to be boring and worthless for about a month."

You shut your whore mouth!
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm betting the Pens win the cup again this year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's time to open the clubhouse for the 2018 campaign. It's cold and white and snowy outside for most of us, but pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in only a month and a half. We've got trades coming up, we've got prospects being promoted, we've got new managers. We've got hope.

And remember, no matter how bad your team ends up, there's always next year!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455681/clinthurdlechalkboard1-407993.JPG
View Quote
So F'N IN!!! Go Giants!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Also,

"because baseball is still going to be boring and worthless for about a month."

You shut your whore mouth!
View Quote
Baseball isn't going to be anything worthwhile until Spring Training games start.

I am really excited to see some of the prospects coming over from Tiger Town to pitch an inning or relieve a major league player and see how they do.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:12:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Y'nzz can whine about how there's no food in the haas.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#29]
This video is amazing.

In 2004, What if Barry Bonds had played without a bat?

What if Barry Bonds had played without a baseball bat? | Chart Party
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck Barry Bonds, a poem by kugelblitz

Fuck, fuck, fuck Barry Bonds.

Thank you, thank you very much.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck Barry Bonds, a poem by kugelblitz

Fuck, fuck, fuck Barry Bonds.

Thank you, thank you very much.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/455681/Bonds-452832.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#32]
You know, I love statistics and I love baseball and I truly detest all things about Barry Bonds, and after watching that video all I can say is:
A) those guys really have thought way too much about this
B) and they have way too much time on their hands
C) that's way more work went into this project than I have every put into anything
D) and most importantly, fuck Barry Bonds. Fuck him in his juiced up ass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Andrew Cashner to the Orioles for 2 years $16 million.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You know, I love statistics and I love baseball and I truly detest all things about Barry Bonds, and after watching that video all I can say is:
A) those guys really have thought way too much about this
B) and they have way too much time on their hands
C) that's way more work went into this project than I have every put into anything
D) and most importantly, fuck Barry Bonds. Fuck him in his juiced up ass.
View Quote
All I got was-

Achievement Unlocked: Autism Level- Expert
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Such an Os move.
Anytime you get a chance to sign a guy with a 4.64K/9 and 3.46 BB/9 ratio you've gotta do it! Who needs strikeouts when you have a good defense and a pitcher friendly ballpark? Oh no, the Orioles have none of those things!

At least theyre up to 3 "starters" now so that counts for.... something.

(yes Im just teasing you benn. well, its sorta true too)
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Such an Os move.
Anytime you get a chance to sign a guy with a 4.64K/9 and 3.46 BB/9 ratio you've gotta do it! Who needs strikeouts when you have a good defense and a pitcher friendly ballpark? Oh no, the Orioles have none of those things!

View Quote
My whole life I've been saying "you need good pitching because pitching doesn't win games but it can sure as shit lose them."

It's like Baltimore heard that and said "challenge accepted."
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 12:55:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Interesting that the MLBPA's camp for unsigned players had forbidden any team's reps from watching the players.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:00:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Eduardo Nunez is going back to the Red Sox to fill in for Pedroia until he's off the DL and then will be a utility infielder after Pedroia comes back.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:18:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Guys, guys guys... Lets take this moment to relive the greatest slug fest to ever be put on display in a WS game.

World Series Game 5 Full Highlights 2017 | BEST OFFENSIVE GAME EVER Astros vs Dodgers
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:56:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Such an Os move.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Such an Os move.

Such an O’s move. And people are actually hyped about this signing.

Oh well, There’s always 2019!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Don't make me want the Twins to win the Central.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did the Indians make a single move to get better this year? I don't remember any. As far as I can recall, the Indians got worse by losing Santana and everyone else got one year older. They'll win the division because 3/5's of the AL Central is rebuilding, but every other AL playoff team got better this offseason. Buster must be in Colorado right now. Thin air and marijuana are a potent combination.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not going to happen. Here are my predictions:

ALE: Skankees
ALC: Injuns
ALW: Astros
ALWC: Red Sox

Skankees take Injuns in the ALDS, Astros crush Red Sox in the other ALDS. Astros crush Yankees in the ALCS.

NLE: Nats
NLC: Brewers
NLW: LAD
NLWC: Cubs

NLDS: Cubs fall to Brewers, Nats over LAD, Nats over Brewers in the NLCS.

WS: Astros repeat in a sweep over the Nats.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Did the Indians make a single move to get better this year? I don't remember any. As far as I can recall, the Indians got worse by losing Santana and everyone else got one year older. They'll win the division because 3/5's of the AL Central is rebuilding, but every other AL playoff team got better this offseason. Buster must be in Colorado right now. Thin air and marijuana are a potent combination.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

They don't need to get better until they are close to the trade deadline. They already have the ALC tied up. Now they can wait and cherry pick the guys wanted traded to post season contenders. Why blow your wad now on something that might not pan out?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not really. We got Yonder Alonso to replace Santana but let's be honest. He's had one good half a year in his entire career.

I trust the front office enough that if they think he's made a lasting change, then he should be good. But I'm not completely sold on Alonso yet.

And I also dont see any need to sign guys right now. Wait til the deadline to see what shakes out and rent for pennies on the dollar for the playoffs. 60% of the ALC is under rebuild and the other 20% is the Twins which have no pitching besides Ervin Santana who's currently hurt.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not going to happen. Here are my predictions:

ALE: Skankees
ALC: Injuns
ALW: Astros
ALWC: Red Sox

Skankees take Injuns in the ALDS, Astros crush Red Sox in the other ALDS. Astros crush Yankees in the ALCS.

NLE: Nats
NLC: Brewers
NLW: LAD
NLWC: Cubs

NLDS: Cubs fall to Brewers, Nats over LAD, Nats over Brewers in the NLCS.

WS: Astros repeat in a sweep over the Nats.
View Quote
That's a good read on the playoffs, although I think the Chisox are going to make a run for the WC, maybe the A's, who are my darkhorse for WC2. They remind me a lot of the Astros in 2015.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not really. We got Yonder Alonso to replace Santana but let's be honest. He's had one good half a year in his entire career.

I trust the front office enough that if they think he's made a lasting change, then he should be good. But I'm not completely sold on Alonso yet.

And I also dont see any need to sign guys right now. Wait til the deadline to see what shakes out and rent for pennies on the dollar for the playoffs. 60% of the ALC is under rebuild and the other 20% is the Twins which have no pitching besides Ervin Santana who's currently hurt.
View Quote
Something that a lot of people forget is the point isn't to win the majority of 162 games. The whole point of the season is to get to the playoffs. If one team has a division sewn up before the season even starts, why bother spending the bucks to fill holes in March that may or may not exist in October? Wait until mid-August, see what you need, see who wants to jump ship from a loser to a slot aboard your train for the chance to play in late October, then get them for pennies on the dollar.

Although, I'd argue that it's bad enough that teams with unlimited warchests buy their way into the post-Season (NYY, I'm looking at you), I wonder how much better or worse things would be if we simply disallowed trades between Opening Day and the last game of the WS. Do all the horse trading you want in the off season, but once games count, teams go to war with the army they have (and that they have in the minor league pipeline).
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Something that a lot of people forget is the point isn't to win the majority of 162 games. The whole point of the season is to get to the playoffs. If one team has a division sewn up before the season even starts, why bother spending the bucks to fill holes in March that may or may not exist in October? Wait until mid-August, see what you need, see who wants to jump ship from a loser to a slot aboard your train for the chance to play in late October, then get them for pennies on the dollar.

Although, I'd argue that it's bad enough that teams with unlimited warchests buy their way into the post-Season (NYY, I'm looking at you), I wonder how much better or worse things would be if we simply disallowed trades between Opening Day and the last game of the WS. Do all the horse trading you want in the off season, but once games count, teams go to war with the army they have (and that they have in the minor league pipeline).
View Quote
Yeah. The Indians are projected to get more wins than the Yankees and the Astros. Well that sounds all well and good, and casual fans think that that means the Indians are a better team.

Not necessarily. It just means the division is trash and 62 games are almost sure thing wins. I don't think the Indians suck or aren't capable of making the WS. But I also don't think they're the absolute best either. But easily top 5 in the AL. I'm biased but I'd personally say top 3.

I also think the Indians would've beat the Astros in the playoffs last year. Especially with Verlander as a pitcher. But it means nothing because we all know how our season ended. And I don't think NYYs team was better. But they beat us and that's all that mattered. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Indians were underdogs with the worst team in the playoffs in 2016. But if you're hot at the right time and the other team is cold, upsets happen. Step one is get to the playoffs.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top